Author Topic: Miami Dolphins Jonathan Martin - Gay?  (Read 30778 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Miami Dolphins Jonathan Martin - Gay?
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2013, 04:59:45 AM »
That trash talk goes on every week on the field in the NFL, guys spitting on each other, talking shit about mothers and wife's! No way Incognito gets banned, the players union should have a field day with this!

yeah, S Jackson called out the punk defender 2 weeks ago - the DB googled the guy's wife's name and info and talked shit about that while covering him, hoping to get inside his head.  If that's not bullying, I dunno what is.  "I'll fck your wife whose name is Susie and is 30 years old" seems WORSE than "I'll shit in your moms mouth".  

Martin is getting more and more negative feedback from players and pundits now.  ESPN no longer sympathizing with him.  Everyone keeps asking "Why QUIT FOOTBALL because of one bully that isn't there anymore?"  

It's a legit question.  

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:28 AM »

Players don't determine who plays, coaches and owners do.....and there's no fucking code in any sports league.  Honestly I could care less who plays and who doesn't, they weren't exactly of the Reggie White caliber
Vince you have no idea what you are talking about! Have you listened to any interviews of players? It's an unwritten code, it's about having you're fellow teammates backs, ie team! Caliber of player has nothing to do with what were talking  about! I am from Philly I loved Reggie White!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »
What I don't get is that these tweets and texts are from April.  It is November.  So what happened between then to make him quit?

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
What I don't get is that these tweets and texts are from April.  It is November.  So what happened between then to make him quit?

prolly continued verbal harrassment i'd think- moreso homophpobic than racial? like i doubt incognito would drop the 'n' word in a lockeroom that is predominately black, so im thinking anti gay sentiment.

about martin being a baby etc- harrassment is harrassment. its not acceptable in america anymore. it doesnt matter what 'you' think is acceptable. its about what the person affected deems acceptable. thats what this investigation is really about. its basically become an HR issue.  

that being said the NFL could set an anti bullying precedence here that would really resonate with kids, their parents, and the general public in a time of anti bullying awareness campaigns. i cant watch tv for 2 hours without seeing an anti bullying ad now. last year i didnt even know this was a problem. its become a very big deal.

i dont agree with martin being villianised in the media, but i do agree he needs to man up now and return to, or make known his intent to return to the team. for all we know the NFL has asked him to not return until they have done their investigation so the media could be unfairly painting him.

i'll be curious to see where it goes from here. hopefully something good comes of it, as opposed to the stone throwing were seeing now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
He was struggling this year.  After throwing the lunch tray and leaving last week, he checked himself into a "facility" for mental health/emotional distress.

Ricky Williams, perhaps the most famous case of "meltdown, quit NFL, smoke pot and hike thru europe cause he hated the pressure of NFL" gave an interview today in which he said he believes Martin is just tired of playing, doesn't need the money (family is wealthy) and just wants to quit - So he's using Incognito as a scapegoat. 

By the way everyone on the team is defending Incognito...
Due to Martin refusing to come back...

By the time 4 weeks passes, I'm betting MIA might not even cut Cognito.  Maybe a trade, maybe they just quietly let him come back.  If Martin just wanted to quit, and decided to blame another dude, I can't see the hate for incognito sticking. 

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »
He was struggling this year.  After throwing the lunch tray and leaving last week, he checked himself into a "facility" for mental health/emotional distress.

Ricky Williams, perhaps the most famous case of "meltdown, quit NFL, smoke pot and hike thru europe cause he hated the pressure of NFL" gave an interview today in which he said he believes Martin is just tired of playing, doesn't need the money (family is wealthy) and just wants to quit - So he's using Incognito as a scapegoat. 

By the time 4 weeks passes, I'm betting MIA might not even cut Cognito.  Maybe a trade, maybe they just quietly let him come back.  If Martin just wanted to quit, and decided to blame another dude, I can't see the hate for incognito sticking. 

240, was Martin close to being cut by the team and decided to take this way out?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »
240, was Martin close to being cut by the team and decided to take this way out?

I dont know.  Incognito was rated very high but Martin was having trouble - Coaches had asked Incognito to work with him, to toughen him up, because the QB was getting smashed so much.  They tried changing martin on sides as well, he didn't like the change.  So it is safe to say Martin was ineffective recently, yes.  No idea if he was close to being cut, but he was struggling and their O-line had moved to the bottom third of the league, despite having Incognito. 

There is video of Pouncey (a black player) and Incognito (white) using the N-word and laughing.  ESPN radio reporting at 345pm that players now saying Martin was an outsider, they called him "Big Weirdo" and that people need to HEAR the voicemail, not just the transcript.  Martin skipped a week of training camp, was 10 pounds overweight, and had blown off O-line training, so the team vets were told by the coach to call him and get him to camp.  He was about to start year 2 of career and was weak at his position.  He needed the help.

So Incognito, comfy using the N-word because Pouncey and other "gave him the okay, as an honorary brother, and more of one than Martin was" (This is the quote paraphrased from ESPN 770), CALLED Martin and left that voicemail.  He said he'd shit in his mom's mouth, etc.  But MIA players claim it was funny, a joke, and that hearing the recording will prove that.  Martin will only release the transcript.

So who knows... Incognito is, without a doubt, a psycopath, I dont think anyone can doubt that lol.  But it sounds like martin is using him to get out of the NFL before he's cut, or that Martin is just crazy... a lot of us are.  Checking himself into a facility, then flying home to stay with parents instead of being with team...

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
I dont know.  Incognito was rated very high but Martin was having trouble - Coaches had asked Incognito to work with him, to toughen him up, because the QB was getting smashed so much.  They tried changing martin on sides as well, he didn't like the change.  So it is safe to say Martin was ineffective recently, yes.  No idea if he was close to being cut, but he was struggling and their O-line had moved to the bottom third of the league, despite having Incognito. 

There is video of Pouncey (a black player) and Incognito (white) using the N-word and laughing.  ESPN radio reporting at 345pm that players now saying Martin was an outsider, they called him "Big Weirdo" and that people need to HEAR the voicemail, not just the transcript.  Martin skipped a week of training camp, was 10 pounds overweight, and had blown off O-line training, so the team vets were told by the coach to call him and get him to camp.  He was about to start year 2 of career and was weak at his position.  He needed the help.

So Incognito, comfy using the N-word because Pouncey and other "gave him the okay, as an honorary brother, and more of one than Martin was" (This is the quote paraphrased from ESPN 770), CALLED Martin and left that voicemail.  He said he'd shit in his mom's mouth, etc.  But MIA players claim it was funny, a joke, and that hearing the recording will prove that.  Martin will only release the transcript.

So who knows... Incognito is, without a doubt, a psycopath, I dont think anyone can doubt that lol.  But it sounds like martin is using him to get out of the NFL before he's cut, or that Martin is just crazy... a lot of us are.  Checking himself into a facility, then flying home to stay with parents instead of being with team...
Nice recap. I agree with your opinion about Martin. Strange dude. All the way strange dude.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »

Ricky was on with Sid Rosenberg this morning on 640 AM in Miami! He thinks that it possibly will be his way out, and can get him a payday in court or settlement where this will probably end up! I  am pretty sure that both of his parents are attorneys! This could be a brilliant strategy to get him out of football and get him payed!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
Puncey isn't a saint either.  Isn't he being indicted for money laundering or tax evasion?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
prolly continued verbal harrassment i'd think- moreso homophpobic than racial? like i doubt incognito would drop the 'n' word in a lockeroom that is predominately black, so im thinking anti gay sentiment.

about martin being a baby etc- harrassment is harrassment. its not acceptable in america anymore. it doesnt matter what 'you' think is acceptable. its about what the person affected deems acceptable. thats what this investigation is really about. its basically become an HR issue.  

that being said the NFL could set an anti bullying precedence here that would really resonate with kids, their parents, and the general public in a time of anti bullying awareness campaigns. i cant watch tv for 2 hours without seeing an anti bullying ad now. last year i didnt even know this was a problem. its become a very big deal.

i dont agree with martin being villianised in the media, but i do agree he needs to man up now and return to, or make known his intent to return to the team. for all we know the NFL has asked him to not return until they have done their investigation so the media could be unfairly painting him.

i'll be curious to see where it goes from here. hopefully something good comes of it, as opposed to the stone throwing were seeing now.
Basically it boils down to not having a thick skin. More "victims"...this whole nation is becoming nothing more than a nation of victims. Not about growing that thick skin, looking that person in the eye, and and dusting your shoulders off and saying, "the eff you say?"

No, we must talk about having our feelings hurt, and how it made us have bad self esteem. Where are the winners. The ones that championed over their "tormentors"?
Where are the people who handled their ish and crushed and overcame the situation and garnered a new sense of self respect and personal growth?
Obviously, someone felt that another person was "weaker" than them, and obviously, someone felt that they were being singled out, and possibly couldn't deal with it.
I am not condoning Incognito's actions, for they are wrong. But I believe it is up to Martin to handle his own situation with that man, not the organization.

Now, that being said, we don't know if it was because he was "weak" or a weak link, or due to sexuality, or both. But it seems like two grown ass men could have handled it like two grown ass men, with each other. And then squashed it.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »
This thing is going to end up in court, just like Bountygate in New Orleans!

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:55 PM »
My guess is that Martin was on his way to being cut anyway.

No rookie in their right mind would jeopardize their whole NFL career because of one or two nasty players.

And how was Martin being extorted financially (blackmailed or threatened)?

Martin did nothing illegal to allow someone to extort.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2013, 04:46:30 PM »
The code red came from the very top...The owner...This is the owner that was in the news when his general manager  Jeff Ireland asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute during an interview Dez had with the team...Jeff Ireland is considered by many to be a complete piece of shit. And owner Steve Ross hired Ireland and continues to employ him...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »

Dolphins are probably gonna drop Incognito, but I'd be SHOCKED if the NFL bans him.  In the end, we'll probably learn Martin didn't want to play anymore, and this voicemail was his ticket out of the NFL.   We're hearing he is thinking of law school - he doesn't have that NFL dream anymore, and Incognito, a fat moronic racist, seems to have given Martin that "pass" to leave a violent game of football that he probably wasn't tough enough to play.

So who wins in the end? hehe. Whatever the way you win, isnt the point to win ? And martin will be respected as a nice guy who couldnt take it anymore while angry fatty always remembered as a bully by...everyone. On a side note, it's always fun to see someone getting bullied, until you re the one getting bullied...Cant players just fucking play the game enjoy their millions? no? they have to insult and belittle each others just like fucking kids? For these people playing sport is a job. Do you want someone to humiliate you using his/her position of power as a tool at your workplace? Wouldnt you prefer to be around decent respectful people focused on their job instead of stiring shit with others? Since when is it ok to push someone who's showing weaknesses hoping to see hi fail? Well it s pretty fair then in return martin owned this asshole the way he did. We ll see incognito crash into flames in some years from now anyway.

All of you supporting the macho man behavior and bravado etc...wait until you get older and life gets tougher as your stamina decreases... Also, since when acting like a mature man automatically means being "gay" ? There are many ways to get respect, instilling fear or belittling other is just one of them for those who cant do better. Incognito prolly just called him a n***er and a fag cause he was softer and more educated than him. Well, nice job letting the person you insult record it.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2013, 06:48:15 PM »
The code red came from the very top...The owner...This is the owner that was in the news when his general manager  Jeff Ireland asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute during an interview Dez had with the team...Jeff Ireland is considered by many to be a complete piece of shit. And owner Steve Ross hired Ireland and continues to employ him...

That quote was taken out of context, dez said his mother worked for a pimp.  So Jeff Ireland asked the logical question

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »

Good post

I think Martin is lazy and looking for an easy pay day at everybody else's expense. He's a Quitter and will prob give bullying speeches at schools and dr Phil for cash, then a book. A lot easier than working out and blocking a 320lb DT. The fact he handled the problem out of house tells you what kind of snake he is. Bullying in the nfl LMAO if you buy that...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »
So who wins in the end? hehe. Whatever the way you win, isnt the point to win ? And martin will be respected as a nice guy who couldnt take it anymore while angry fatty always remembered as a bully by...everyone. On a side note, it's always fun to see someone getting bullied, until you re the one getting bullied...Cant players just fucking play the game enjoy their millions? no? they have to insult and belittle each others just like fucking kids? For these people playing sport is a job. Do you want someone to humiliate you using his/her position of power as a tool at your workplace? Wouldnt you prefer to be around decent respectful people focused on their job instead of stiring shit with others? Since when is it ok to push someone who's showing weaknesses hoping to see hi fail? Well it s pretty fair then in return martin owned this asshole the way he did. We ll see incognito crash into flames in some years from now anyway.

All of you supporting the macho man behavior and bravado etc...wait until you get older and life gets tougher as your stamina decreases... Also, since when acting like a mature man automatically means being "gay" ? There are many ways to get respect, instilling fear or belittling other is just one of them for those who cant do better. Incognito prolly just called him a n***er and a fag cause he was softer and more educated than him. Well, nice job letting the person you insult record it.
Nice guys finished win last?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »
Nice guys finished win last?
life is still long for both of them, we ll count points in the very end. You cant deny the fact martin got things to work the way he wanted them to be while incognito is forced to do stuff he didnt plan to do.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »
Wat a bunch of compleet HORSESHIT!! Leave it to the libral meedia to try and take down one of the best offencive linemens the NFL has ever scene!! FOR WHAT?!! TELL ME!! Caus he gets emotional on the field of battel?! HES A LEADER!! Caus he tried to help his team by getting rid of a DRUG ATTIC?!! He should be rewarded NOT suspendered!!! How come no one is talking bout WHY drug Martin is trying to kill himself??! Caus of Richies funny pranks?!! NO!! Its beecause he was jellus of Richie and all his talent!! THATS the story peeple! Richie tried to do what team needed and HELP MARTIN get better!! Make Martin take the piss test, I demand his piss!! If someone can’t laugh at pranks than they shouldnt be playing NFL FOOTBALL!!! I watched football back from 1950 and saw all the greatest pranksters ever! Cognito ranks as one of the BEST! Now Dolphins loose not only best oline player but also best prankster FOR A DRUG ATTIC!!? Cant weight until Richie is doin pranks for Jets next year!! Guys in that lockerroom will love the excitemint and suprizes that Richie brings to the team!! Regis Philbin is gonna WISH he had him back!!! This is all gonna come out in the wash fokes! I will just keep sittin here praying that Kathy Ireland and Regis Philbin get all the AIDS you can get! Every last drop! ALL OF IT!!! Wait for the wash to come out!! WAIT!! Then you will see that MARTIN has been doing all the drugs that he wants! Pills, cokes, herrowins needles, dope, TLC!! EVERYTHING!!! Get his piss! If you guys were true fans you would get all of his piss for the test, Then you gonna say that I was RIGHT and that MARTIN should just be suicided already!! Gonna be too late for Cognito to SAVE you than!!! JUST WAIT!!!!!   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2013, 10:50:51 PM »
One of the best lineman? Really?

If he was one of the best, why has he been on like 5 teams since he entered the league... The best doesn't get moved around like that.

You make me laugh.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
Good post

I think Martin is lazy and looking for an easy pay day at everybody else's expense. He's a Quitter and will prob give bullying speeches at schools and dr Phil for cash, then a book. A lot easier than working out and blocking a 320lb DT. The fact he handled the problem out of house tells you what kind of snake he is. Bullying in the nfl LMAO if you buy that...

Listening to ESPN... the network ,the dolphins, and most pundits have now turned against Martin.

Teammates said until last week, Incognito was the only one that stuck up for Martin when others picked on him.  Sounds like he didn't have dirt on them (he did have the voicemail).  Checking into the hospital gave him the medical record he will need for court.

My belief is that martin and his parents worked this out.  He was struggling in the NFL, he probably would have been let go or traded in the off-season, they probably would have drafted for his position.  He knew it.  SO he decided to make up a reason "workplace harassment", he decided to quit and seek medical treatment "REALLY?  emotional distress, so you go to the hospital?"  Then he got a lawyer, released a transcript to make dude look bad, then went home to parents while they wait for the NFL to offer a settlement.

He's got it all figured out... BUT it never happens that way.  We'll start to see pics and tweets of them being best buddies during the time when martin was claiming he was a victim.  We'll hear the voicemail, and maybe it'll have him laughing and being friendly with "I'm gonna shit in your mom's mouth!"  Who knows. 

I'm not saying incognito isn't a psycho.  He clearly is. Obnoxious.   But most people are now saying Martin is just trying to make up a reason to sue the NFL now.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »
I read that one of his teammates said Martin was playing that voicemail during camp and laughing about it.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:35 PM »
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

November 06, 2013
About that voice mail again ... new information

On its face it is horrible. It is offensive. It sounds racist.

The voice mail Richie Incognito left Jonathan Martin in April is at the center of the public distaste for the Dolphins guard. The transcript indeed paints a picture of a bullying veteran using racial epithets against a younger player and threatening that youngster's life:

"Hey, wassup, you half-n----r piece of (expletive). I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. I'll (expletive) in your (expletive) mouth. I'm gonna slap your (expletive) mouth, I'm gonna slap your real mother across the face. (laughter). (Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Damning.

Except ...

The voice mail which Martin kept was later played in the Dolphins locker room around a group of players ... And Martin was the one who played it, according to two players. And he joked about it.

"This is the same guy that was laughing about this voice mail at one point in time, first of all," receiver Brian Hartline said of Martin. "Second of all, I believe that if you look through the whole voice mail, there's some things said that you probably shouldn't say in general, friends or not friends. But I know for a fact, that I've said things to my friends that I kind of wish I've never said, either."

There's another thing. According to a source close to Incognito, the transcript of the voice mail is not complete. It omits the last line.

After Incognito went on this apparent diatribe, his voice softens, and matter-of-factly he says, "Ok, call me back."

And ... Martin called him back, the source said.

Does this release Incognito from the racially charged words? No.

Do this add context? Yes.

Daily reminder: We don't know the entire story. Please withhold judgment condemning or condoning either side until we know everything.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »
Martin-Jordan got into scuffle, Incognito intervened

Last week before he left the team under apparent emotional duress of some sort and well before his camp claimed workplace harassment at the hands of teammate Richie Incognito, offensive tackle Jonathan Martin got into a practice scuffle with rookie Dion Jordan.

Such exchanges, by the way, are not uncommon. They happen plenty.

And, as receiver Brian Hartline related to me in the locker room today, the first person who went to Martin's defense in the fight was, you guessed it, Richie Incognito. And soon center Mike Pouncey was in on it as well on Martin's behalf.

Randy Starks confirmed the little battle as well and said defensive linemen then joined in on behalf of Jordan.

It went as one would expect it to go except ...

The narrative out there is that Incognito was a Martin tormentor who wanted to toughen him up. Well, if Incognito wants Martin toughened up, why would help him in a fight?

The narrative out there is that Martin is physically soft. Well, actually, I've seen Martin in more than a couple of practice tussles and I've seen him take shots at opponents during games. During his rookie year he got into a fight on the field with Starks, who is one tough man, the first week of training camp.

Afterward, Hartline told me, both Incognito and Pouncey were upset with him because in some form or fashion Hartline seemed to agree with Jordan about the exchange.

So even on a non-physical level, Incognito and Pouncey had Martin's back after the fact.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy