Author Topic: What have OMR and Ron Avidan done in bodybuilding? What YOU?!  (Read 71292 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: What have OMR and Ron Avidan done in bodybuilding? What YOU?!
« Reply #450 on: November 07, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »
No, I don't have the same amount of muscle I had when I competed. However, my calves are bigger now. My arms are not far behind and if I were to train them consistently they would equal what I had in the past. Losing fat is a far more daunting consideration.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »
No, I don't have the same amount of muscle I had when I competed. However, my calves are bigger now. My arms are not far behind and if I were to train them consistently they would equal what I had in the past. Losing fat is a far more daunting consideration.

My unbiased opinion is that you're full of shit regarding basically everything that comes out of your mouth with the exception of a few interesting tales; I would also like to give you a pair of black eyes and a swift kick in the ass.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
It sounds like the keys are training consistently and getting your diet in order.

Truly groundbreaking stuff here.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2013, 09:41:25 PM »
So much that bodybuilders do is based on former practices handed down by word of mouth and what is written in muscle magazines and books. The magazines, collectively, are sponsored by supplement advertising so those ads distort and greatly exaggerate the nutrition requirements of bodybuilders.

The problem is that most musclemen ingest more than is required just to make sure they get enough. Has anyone actually tried to see what the minimum is? Ingesting more than is necessary is a waste of expensive protein. Bodybuilders concern themselves more with sufficiency than necessity. I am interested in necessity and limits. Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones wrote about the myths and foolishness in bodybuilding and those two were well informed and intelligent individuals.

I argue that drugs are not necessary to get large muscles. I know it is true but most of the flotsam here literally do not believe me. Belief doesn't make something true. I prefer to believe what I found to be true through personal experimenting and results.

Yada, yada, yada....one only hopes you are not holding yourself up as some example of his theory because that would be laughable.

Vince, you have a wealth of experience and knowledge about bodybuilding which you can share. Quit preaching to others and someone might actually pay attention to what you have to share.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »
Yes, I posted the theory here on the G&O and debated all comers. Did the same on HST forum and no one there could refute my claims.

is a full range of motion a part of your theory?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #455 on: November 07, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
No offense, Vince, but you do kinda whine a lot. What about the silver linings?   ???

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #456 on: November 07, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
Whining? Get a life. People attack the person instead of interacting with them. Chaos found that out. It is your attitude that causes you to be so hostile. I can see little point in discussing bodybuilding sets and reps. Everyone here is already expert enough and wouldn't listen to what I have to say so it is a complete waste of my time.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »

In terms of your calves being the same size and arms nearly being the same size as previous, I assume it's all muscle and little fat? Claiming 'big' if you're grossly overweight is bullshit. Not saying you are, merely enquiring.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #458 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:37 PM »
Vince Basille, what you?

...shit, you're right: that's pretty fun  ;D

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #459 on: November 07, 2013, 11:19:21 PM »
Have you considered that hypertrophy might be the fountain of youth in old age? If you can stimulate your muscles to grow then your body will resemble a younger person.

So far I haven't seen any diminishing hypertrophy effect from training. It might affect libido positively as well. The problem when you are over 70 is dealing with injuries caused by training in the past.

A combination of hypertrophy-oriented training, strength training and endurance training would be a fountain of youth. I agree that joint problems would be difficult to deal with though. One must work around arthritis.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #460 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »
Give me a break. I never make jokes about hypertrophy. I am not interested in what they call resistance training. I am interested in maximum hypertrophy. This process takes years and years to obtain. The phenomenon of maximum hypertrophy in humans has never been studied.

What about hypetrophy in one-legged women with chlamydia and bad breath? No studies on that, so I guess that also proves that hypertrophy has not been properly studied, according to you.

The fact is that you just try to be clever with your uninteresting ad-hoc definitions. Hypertrophy has been extensively studied and scientists certainly are interested in it.

NN

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #461 on: November 07, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
I can see little or no benefits for endurance training. To me that sort of activity leads to injuries and worn joints. I can't tell you how many people over 65 who need joint replacements. Mine are fine.

Hypertrophy must trigger the release of growth hormone and so there are benefits naturally without needing a prescription. Older guys don't say they are using hormones but just replacing chemicals.

That isn't what I want to do. The only pills I take are aspirin and that is very rarely.

My arms and calves are hard. Sure I am carrying some safety fat but I am solid where it counts. The waist is another thing. That is where adipose tissue stores on men and not so easy to remove.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #462 on: November 07, 2013, 11:27:22 PM »
What about hypetrophy in one-legged women with chlamydia and bad breath? No studies on that, so I guess that also proves that hypertrophy has not been properly studied, according to you.

The fact is that you just try to be clever with your uninteresting ad-hoc definitions. Hypertrophy has been extensively studied and scientists certainly are interested in it.

NN

Please conduct yourself as if in a group of post graduates. Silly arguments have no currency here. What you?

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #463 on: November 07, 2013, 11:28:42 PM »
I can see little or no benefits for endurance training. To me that sort of activity leads to injuries and worn joints. I can't tell you how many people over 65 who need joint replacements. Mine are fine.

Hypertrophy must trigger the release of growth hormone and so there are benefits naturally without needing a prescription. Older guys don't say they are using hormones but just replacing chemicals.

That isn't what I want to do. The only pills I take are aspirin and that is very rarely.

My arms and calves are hard. Sure I am carrying some safety fat but I am solid where it counts. The waist is another thing. That is where adipose tissue stores on men and not so easy to remove.

You can do biking and swimming for endurance training. I think the beneficial effects on the brain and cardiovascular system are too large to ignore. It stimulates neurogenesis, synaptogenesis and angiogenesis as well as intracellular processes in the brain and has been shown to enhance cognition.

NN

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »
Resistance weight training triggers hgh in the body and that in itself is anti aging. It prevents bones from becoming brittle. Circulates everything which in itself carries vitamins and nutrients around the body.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:47 PM »

You seem like you are making excuses for your inability to lose body fat from certain areas. From the photo's of you I've seen here, you are carrying around a fair amount of what most would consider unhealthy body fat. Maybe it is healthy for men of a certain age to be a little overweight, especially in the gut. I happen to think otherwise.

Regardless of how fat and out of shape you appear in your photos, you probably have a base of muscularity and strength. In as much as you and I are about the same age, I hope this means you are healthier then the average Joe. For my money, I am going to go with the leaner is better philosophy when in comes to senior citizens like us.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #466 on: November 07, 2013, 11:44:51 PM »
Resistance weight training triggers hgh in the body and that in itself is anti aging. It prevents bones from becoming brittle. Circulates everything which in itself carries vitamins and nutrients around the body.

Yes, I think all older people, especially the frail older ladies should start doing weight training. There are actually several studies that shows increases in bone density, as you say, and most importantly: it facilitates ADL (activities of daily living) and the ability of seniors to live independently for a longer time.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #467 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:40 PM »
Please conduct yourself as if in a group of post graduates. Silly arguments have no currency here. What you?

Ok, I'll admit i smiled a little from this...

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #468 on: November 07, 2013, 11:49:21 PM »
You seem like you are making excuses for your inability to lose body fat from certain areas. From the photo's of you I've seen here, you are carrying around a fair amount of what most would consider unhealthy body fat. Maybe it is healthy for men of a certain age to be a little overweight, especially in the gut. I happen to think otherwise.

I think the only time that fat is healthy, is if you get cancer and loss of apetite as a consequence. There are some studies showing higher survival in slightly overweight people. My worry regarding Vince Basile, would of course be cardiovascular disease, common in those older men with apple-shaped torso.

NN

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #469 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:38 PM »

Regardless of how fat and out of shape you appear in your photos, you probably have a base of muscularity and strength. In as much as you and I are about the same age, I hope this means you are healthier then the average Joe. For my money, I am going to go with the leaner is better philosophy when in comes to senior citizens like us.

No one wants to be fat. Well, very few do. The rest of us abhor adipose tissue and bodybuilders especially do. So how come some of us add weight as we age. We change our interests and activity and there is little motivation to lose fat. At the beach one can now wear a top to prevent skin cancers and board shorts cover up the rest. When I was young I, too, vowed not to be heavy in old age. It isn't so easy. You will find that most older people are not very active. Some have mobility problems. We tend to do less to save ourselves the effort. Thus, it is easy to add weight and especially because our metabolism slows down. Sure, we know what to do but where to get the energy from. The damn internet robs us all of countless hours where we could be doing something more productive. I am into photography so spend hours and hours editing photos.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #470 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:50 AM »
"

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #471 on: November 08, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »
No one wants to be fat. Well, very few do. The rest of us abhor adipose tissue and bodybuilders especially do. So how come some of us add weight as we age. We change our interests and activity and there is little motivation to lose fat. At the beach one can now wear a top to prevent skin cancers and board shorts cover up the rest. When I was young I, too, vowed not to be heavy in old age. It isn't so easy. You will find that most older people are not very active. Some have mobility problems. We tend to do less to save ourselves the effort. Thus, it is easy to add weight and especially because our metabolism slows down. Sure, we know what to do but where to get the energy from. The damn internet robs us all of countless hours where we could be doing something more productive. I am into photography so spend hours and hours editing photos.

"we this and we that.." Why not speak for yourself and get in a better shape, mr permabulking expert?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2013, 01:01:03 AM »
"we this and we that.." Why not speak for yourself and get in a better shape, mr permabulking expert?

agree 100%

old fart should attend masters BB categories at 1 of local organizations contest & see shape of gay's in 60/70's

nobody give a shit about his photo editing

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2013, 01:11:05 AM »
agree 100%

old fart should attend masters BB categories at 1 of local organizations contest & see shape of gay's in 60/70's

nobody give a shit about his photo editing

At least he has a hobby, which is good. The same applies to sharing experiences, but why the hell on earth is he bitching & complaining about others all the time? The most silly thing are those purple stars. There are much more Getbiggers without those stars, who did a show or are still competing. Do they complain? No, they don't care.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2013, 04:24:48 AM »
He want last on Raw Iron site 4 too long  :D