Author Topic: You must warm up before lifting  (Read 5626 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
You must warm up before lifting
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »
You must

I usually do the exercise without weights for many reps and I also add crunches before dead lift and squats.

I wish everybody who had gotten injured or pulled or ripped a muscle or tendon had reached this discipline in at least your 30s.

Many people compensate with working out real heavy and a lot, almost every day, but that is just mental weakness and compensation for liking to be delusionaly puffy and eat a lot of crap food and supplements. It's better to just do it right instead, lower calories and still lift only most efficient workouts instead of mental workouts and throw that stupid shit out. Only when this is mastered you had the bravery and natural test production to man up.

Why don't you warm up punk?

Why do you eat so much supplements punk?

Why do you inject yourself punk?

Leave childhood douchebane!

Pull your pants up hebbrew!

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
Re: You must warm up before lifting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:35:43 AM »
like every idiot I learned the lesson about warming up the hard way
North of Italy

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:55:19 AM »
Yes, when we are young we do the mistakes, multiple times even, just as long as you learn them by your 30's. Because after 40 it's doubtful you can learn any new tricks, you think you might, but you most likely haven't.

That's why so many WWE bite the dust young because they never learnt and continue delusional behavior in a vicious cycle. You basically can't snap out of it after 40 the right way.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:15:52 AM »
I am 40 and what is this?

I like how guys insist on cardio after lifting because they read something online about how you can't lose fat without first depleting glycogen stores.

spidey007

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:39:19 AM »
I am 40 and what is this?

I like how guys insist on cardio after lifting because they read something online about how you can't lose fat without first depleting glycogen stores.

You should do cardio after lifiting.  1) I believe you will burn more fat with depleted glyc stores, and 2) you need more glyc for working out muscle tissue, hence lifting first.

Doing it the other way around is silly in comparison.

the trainer

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
You must

I usually do the exercise without weights for many reps and I also add crunches before dead lift and squats.

I wish everybody who had gotten injured or pulled or ripped a muscle or tendon had reached this discipline in at least your 30s.

Many people compensate with working out real heavy and a lot, almost every day, but that is just mental weakness and compensation for liking to be delusionaly puffy and eat a lot of crap food and supplements. It's better to just do it right instead, lower calories and still lift only most efficient workouts instead of mental workouts and throw that stupid shit out. Only when this is mastered you had the bravery and natural test production to man up.

Why don't you warm up punk?

Why do you eat so much supplements punk?

Why do you inject yourself punk?

Leave childhood douchebane!

Pull your pants up hebbrew!

You should put on your pants before you put on your shoes, you should look up and down before crossing the road.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:20 AM »
You should do cardio after lifiting.  1) I believe you will burn more fat with depleted glyc stores, and 2) you need more glyc for working out muscle tissue, hence lifting first.

Doing it the other way around is silly in comparison.

I feel much looser after rowing + a light set than with just a light set or two.  To each his own.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »
"15 minutes to warm up? Does a lion warm up when he's hungry? 'Uh oh, here comes an antelope. Better warm up.' No! He just goes out there and eats the sucker." Jack Lalane

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »
I know I'm supposed to do dynamic warmup, foam roll, etc.....but I just.....don't that often.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 07:32:42 AM »
I know I'm supposed to do dynamic warmup, foam roll, etc.....but I just.....don't that often.

We spend at least 20min doing this before we even touch a weight.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
"15 minutes to warm up? Does a lion warm up when he's hungry? 'Uh oh, here comes an antelope. Better warm up.' No! He just goes out there and eats the sucker." Jack Lalane

Yes a lion warms up very well, the lion first stalks it's pray, then quietly and unseen gets closer, then runs and THEN makes the kill. In that order Jack.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »

The older I get, the more I need the foam roller. I have a bunch of them in various states. My favorite is a piece of 4" schedule 40 PVC.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 08:04:41 AM »
A simple 5 mins on the arc trainer and some light cable pushdowns has really helped my tendinitis. True story.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »

I believe that, and I think it's good. But I often workout during lunch and find myself having to get done quickly.   But I should at least devote 10 min.....
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »
The older I get, the more I need the foam roller. I have a bunch of them in various states. My favorite is a piece of 4" schedule 40 PVC.

We keep a supply..lol. Foam rollers, Lacrosse balls, golf balls, cat tails. We do a ton of soft-tissue work.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »
IT band rolling hurts so much....lol
Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 08:23:42 AM »
You should put on your pants before you put on your shoes, you should look up and down before crossing the road.

Maybe I'm missing your point, but wouldn't you wanna look left and right?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »
Maybe I'm missing your point, but wouldn't you wanna look left and right?

Maybe he's going to roll across the street.
Y

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »
never warmed up in 12 years. If you dont go stupidly heavy and control your moves you aint going to hurt yourself. Injuries dont happen because of lack of warmup but because of inaproriate, exagerated weights and lack of control.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
never warmed up in 12 years. If you dont go stupidly heavy and control your moves you aint going to hurt yourself. Injuries dont happen because of lack of warmup but because of inaproriate, exagerated weights and lack of control.

You're a very stupid person.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 10:38:20 AM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
like every idiot I learned the lesson about warming up the hard way
Yea so you ring the bell get a couple of nursing girls to lay by your side, when warm jump up and hit the wheel chair over to the chin bar, nice job.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 10:56:03 AM »

you are a fucking idiot.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »
I used to warm-up with 30 minutes of activation moves, foam rolling, stretching, fixing imbalances then injury prevention after a workout...all for powerlifting. And I still got hurt all the time. Maybe just crappy genetics?

I almost spent more time fixing or preventing problems than I did lifting weights.

Switched to lighter weights (60% of 1RM or lighter) for 4-5 sets of 15 reps, minimum. Sometimes go to failure, sometimes not. Do 3-4 exercises per bodypart. First set is maybe 20%, then 30%, then 50%, then 60% and 60%. I use a very full range of motion. Focus on the muscle, not the movement anymore.

Know what? Haven't been injured in over 18 months. And physique looks better and performs better than ever. And I'm not much weaker.

It wasn't worth it, in hindsight. I no longer have to waste 30 minutes warming up. I no longer miss weeks at a time due to injury. And I like the way I look more now. Sure, I can't squat 600lbs anymore. But then again, who cares? It's not like I'm all of a sudden useless because I no longer do doubles with 600lbs, and instead only do 15 reps with 275. Leg size is still the same (albeit leaner). I can squat down all the way without feeling like something will rip. My back doesn't hurt anymore. My achilles don't feel like they'll shred if I don't roll them on a lacrosse ball for 5 minutes. My hips don't snap. My IT bands don't feel like they're tight as drums.

I'm done trying to be strong for the strength's sake. What more in life will I accomplish if I bench 450 instead of 350? Besides a bill from an orthopedic surgeon. I'm not an athlete anymore. Just some guy in his 30's trying to still look good for the moms on my street.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
What do you guys think about deep tissue massages?