Author Topic: Any of you bums ever own an Escalade?  (Read 8062 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Any of you bums ever own an Escalade?
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »
Buy it for 15K, resell it for profit, get a better car.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
I was just gonna say that hahahahaha!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »
;D  Valid question. Probably no, but there's most likely some "residue" in there some place.

well, it does have OnStar... so technically, it's bugged.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:56 PM »
A friend needs to sell his 2009 Escalade. Lost his appeal and is off to the slammer for 2 years. $15,000 cash and it's mine. Never owned one and I wasn't looking but I think the price is right.  Comments? Opinions? Funny stories?

Not my style of vehicle. Too big and takes too much gas to operate. According to Kelly Blue Book, if the vehicle is in excellent condition, it is a "steal" at that price....no pun intended.

A friend once advised me that even when you get an expensive car for little or nothing, it can still be too expensive for you to own, think insurance, maintenance, and licensing fees.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
Not my style of vehicle. Too big and takes too much gas to operate. According to Kelly Blue Book, if the vehicle is in excellent condition, it is a "steal" at that price....no pun intended.

A friend once advised me that even when you get an expensive car for little or nothing, it can still be too expensive for you to own, think insurance, maintenance, and licensing fees.

we're not 14yr old kids buying our first cars.

lol@ and escalade being an "espensive" car. it's a 50k car, not a 100k. insurance on it would cost me 82/month from geico.. maintenance isn't bad... it's not like it's an Audi that requires a $190 oil change.. it's a re-badged Tahoe with a big old American v8... and if you need to worry about licensing fees on a car that's not an exotic, you have bigger issues... like getting a different career.

lol @ "too big".... that's because you're a 170lb skinny fat geriatric and you'll fit comfortably into a Fiat.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 10:57:58 PM »
It's a Hebrew ride, Tommy.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »
It's a Hebrew ride, Tommy.

Why are you so racist?
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 11:16:43 PM »
we're not 14yr old kids buying our first cars.

lol@ and escalade being an "espensive" car. it's a 50k car, not a 100k. insurance on it would cost me 82/month from geico.. maintenance isn't bad... it's not like it's an Audi that requires a $190 oil change.. it's a re-badged Tahoe with a big old American v8... and if you need to worry about licensing fees on a car that's not an exotic, you have bigger issues... like getting a different career.

lol @ "too big".... that's because you're a 170lb skinny fat geriatric and you'll fit comfortably into a Fiat.

I've actually been thinking about buying a Fiat just for quick trips around town. They look like a cute little runaround car. Do you think I would really have lose 35 lbs. to fit in one? What a bummer.

I'm retired you numb nuts. I don't want, much less need a different career.

Just so you know, I have some knowledge about Cadillac's and other non-exotic, but generally overpriced cars. My parents bought new Lincolns and Cadillac's every other year. But then my step-dad was short and big cars made him, well, feel big.

I was simply offering advice to Tommy. You're reply seems hostile and unnecessary whether you agree with my advice or not. What's your problem anyway?

LOL at not being a 14 year old kid buying their first car. FYI 14 year olds can't even get a license.

Why don't you explain what the advantages are of owning and driving an Escalade. I'm really interested to know.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »
I've actually been thinking about buying a Fiat just for quick trips around town. They look like a cute little runaround car. Do you think I would really have lose 35 lbs. to fit in one? What a bummer.

Just so you know, I have some knowledge about Cadillac's and other non-exotic, but generally overpriced cars. My parents bought new Lincolns and Cadillac's every other year. But then my step-dad was short and big cars made him, well, feel big.

I was simply offering advice to Tommy. You're reply seems hostile and unnecessary whether you agree with my advice or not. What's your problem anyway?

LOL at not being a 14 year old kid buying their first car. FYI 14 year olds can't even get a license.

Why don't you explain what the advantages are of owning and driving an Escalade. I'm really interested to know.
If you are really serious about getting a Fiat 500 test drive the fiat 500 Abarth. A swift kick the pants, and it's russle your jimmies too.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 11:38:58 PM »
Why are you so racist?

Because he is hebrew lover ;D

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 11:40:44 PM »
All American SUV's are ugly as sin. Big 'boxy/blocky' looking things with poor lines.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 11:54:16 PM »
All American SUV's are ugly as sin. Big 'boxy/blocky' looking things with poor lines.
Really? Because Land Rover/Range Rover sure did have a go at boxy/blocky with poor lines for a long while.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »
I'll never own any American car unless it's a vette (new one), viper, or gt40 ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 12:25:21 AM »

got my license at 14.

and the caddy's and lincolns your parents bought 60years ago arn't the same as the Escalade we're talking about here.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »
Really? Because Land Rover/Range Rover sure did have a go at boxy/blocky with poor lines for a long while.

I agree, meant to state that in my original post. Until the new Evoque shape arrived Land/Range were hideously boxy. Most of the German SUV's are on the money though.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 12:47:53 AM »
Fucking waste of gas.

Get a ferrari, lambor, porsche, something small and sporty u bytch.

SUVs are for soccer moms and fat dudes who don't fit in sports cars.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 12:59:38 AM »
got my license at 14.

and the caddy's and lincolns your parents bought 60years ago arn't the same as the Escalade we're talking about here.

Whether it's my parent's 1957 baby blue Cad convertible, their mid 60's Lincoln with suicide doors or this 2009 Escalade, they're all overpriced fake status vehicles for people who like to waste money on their ride, IMO

LOL at getting your license at 14. You must have lived in the boonies in South Dakota or Iowa, the only states in the country that issue drivers licenses to little kids.

So what are the advantages of owning an Escalade again?

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 01:40:08 AM »
it's not like it's an Audi that requires a $190 oil change..

Americanos getting owned at their garages.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 01:47:40 AM »
Whether it's my parent's 1957 baby blue Cad convertible, their mid 60's Lincoln with suicide doors or this 2009 Escalade, they're all overpriced fake status vehicles for people who like to waste money on their ride, IMO

LOL at getting your license at 14. You must have lived in the boonies in South Dakota or Iowa, the only states in the country that issue drivers licenses to little kids.

So what are the advantages of owning an Escalade again?

lol.. little kids who drive to and from school and work at 14 and drive tractors on farms well before 14. why do you think states issue licenses at 14? it's because the "little kids" work, you sandal and cut off daisy dukes-wearing sexual predator. while you were playing with the neighbor girls barbies and putting bows in each others hair at 13/14, we were working.... real jobs. not waiting for mommy and daddy or a school bus to pick us up.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »
Why you being a jackass to Prime, ESF?
A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:14 AM »
Why you being a jackass to Prime, ESF?

he made a comment about me patrolling mens restrooms.... that's the pot calling the kettle black.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 08:04:10 AM »
A friend needs to sell his 2009 Escalade. Lost his appeal and is off to the slammer for 2 years. $15,000 cash and it's mine. Never owned one and I wasn't looking but I think the price is right.  Comments? Opinions? Funny stories?

Hmm,off to jail ???

...wouldn't you be worried about someone pulling up along side you while you're driving and unloading a clip into you ??? :o

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »
Next morning update:  My friend realized, and we all agreed with him, that he has 29 more days before he has to turn himself into the Feds for his sentence. He has no more appeals but he was not considered a flight risk so he gets those days. He is placing the Escalade on Craiglist for a more reasonable amount of money, something around $25,000, and he'll see what happens.

Thanks for the replies and comments.

To be continued. . .
a

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 08:31:41 AM »
Next morning update:  My friend realized, and we all agreed with him, that he has 29 more days before he has to turn himself into the Feds for his sentence. He has no more appeals but he was not considered a flight risk so he gets those days. He is placing the Escalade on Craiglist for a more reasonable amount of money, something around $25,000, and he'll see what happens.

Thanks for the replies and comments.

To be continued. . .

He should just destroy it.  Not like he would have to makr payments while locked up. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 08:34:09 AM »
He should just destroy it.  Not like he would have to makr payments while locked up. 

I'm pretty sure he paid cash for the damn thing a few years ago, but the Feds could not prove he bought it with "money from his continuing crimnal enterprise" so he owns it. No need to trash it. 
a