Author Topic: This sold for $58 million dollars. WTF!  (Read 14331 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: This sold for $58 million dollars. WTF!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 12:57:05 PM »
No they don`t at all.  Only master craftsmen are employed.  I do know.  That is total bullshit what you are saying.  I work closely with many different craftsman that work hand making for these brands.

I've never heard McDonald workers referred to as craftsman

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »
Less.
no way, actually way way more, takes hours. time spent is hours, just in time it is in the hundreds of dollars and material is very expensive, try 300-400 dollars to make easily

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
 ::)  I wonder if there is any such thing as intelligent  PEOPLE ?  Just how retarded is this ?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 01:38:47 PM »
dat ass

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »
So....it's a replica of a dog balloon, except 8 feet high and shiny?  Great original idea....I'll take it!  58 million you say....haha, that's nothing for me, SOLD!

If you appeal the right rich asswad, you can sell pretty much anything.  I wonder how much Nassar's soiled posing trunks would fetch, if marketed the right way?  2 million?

Put that oversized dog on Craigslist, you'd get no more than $250....the truth.

Art is subjective, so who's to say what is and isn't great?  If rich people like your work...it is now more important?  Take a painter in the barrio who has serious skill.  Maybe he'll get $150 for a great piece, this guy makes a gross amount on something not even original.
Rich art collectors are about ego as well...they have someone over and vaguely mention....that piece there is 2 million...I couldn't believe I even bought it....haha, it's just money...la la la.

Translation: I wish I had 58 million to piss away. :D
true

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »
I was never a fan of Jeff Koons.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
I guess while we are on the subject of Art, have any of you been to the Guggenheim? In NY for an extended work trip next week want to do something aside from work and eat and workout at Crunch.

Done Moma a few times so that's out. Any other cultural things there worth seeing?

might as well ask for dating advise and start a thread asking how to invest your money. :D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
i am in the wrong bizness
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »
Obviously this is a con.  Some guy probably  purchased a bunch from this artist over the years for a couple thousand a piece then in one big purchase set the market price at $50 million.  I bet all of a sudden now his 10 statues that he paid $10k for are worth $500 million and now he is going to hope to sucker in some rich russians, arabs and japs.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
Looks like something a billionaire pedo would buy...I bet they had ties with this guy :-\

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »
I wouldn't put that ugly POS in my backyard.

But stainless steel ain't cheap. That's a lot of stainless steel.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »

might as well ask for dating advise and start a thread asking how to invest your money. :D

Hahahh fair enough. Expecting some of these posters in this thread to advise on world culture was a definite stretch

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 05:38:40 PM »

I don't get it.  I don't get contemporary or most 20th century art.  I'm not one to sneer and label it crap but I have no idea what's going on.

Every so often I'm confronted by some piece of art and I'm just standing there not knowing what it is.  Whenever I confess this frankly and ask for help understanding it, no one else seems to know what's going on either but they never admit it.  My favorite are the abstractions and I ask "What is it?" and without fail the advice I receive is "It doesn't have to be anything.  You're just supposed to feel.  How does it make you feel?" and I'm like "Ok, I feel confused."

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2013, 01:22:52 AM »
So TA, as you know I do appreciate craftsmanship and quality.. do you think the price tag of 3000 is not exagerate for a handbag?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2013, 01:37:31 AM »

I don't get it.  I don't get contemporary or most 20th century art.  I'm not one to sneer and label it crap but I have no idea what's going on.

Every so often I'm confronted by some piece of art and I'm just standing there not knowing what it is.  Whenever I confess this frankly and ask for help understanding it, no one else seems to know what's going on either but they never admit it.  My favorite are the abstractions and I ask "What is it?" and without fail the advice I receive is "It doesn't have to be anything.  You're just supposed to feel.  How does it make you feel?" and I'm like "Ok, I feel confused."

A piece of art is like a woman, you can appreciate her company, hate her, or both..., no need to 'understand' it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
The buyer is dumb.

Much like gals that buy Louis Vuitton bags for thousands of dollars.

The bags cost $20-$30 to make. The rest of the price is based on nothing more than the buyer wanting to walk around with a $3,000 handbag. That's what you are buying. Not a great bag but a display of wealth.

It is quite sad really, that people with money are so concerned with showing their wealth that they get bent over to such a degree and piss the money away on shite.

Actually in the case of certain Louis Vuitton pieces, one is buying the quality & workmanship.
The pieces made in the classic LV monogram canvas collection are pretty much bulletproof.

ps: I get my LV at approximately 5% of retail.
w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 02:24:17 AM »
A piece of art is like a woman, you can appreciate her company, hate her, or both..., no need to 'understand' it.

Idk man.

mfw

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2013, 02:39:46 AM »
There's a guy in Austria who's art consists of throwing animal blood with a bucket on a white canvas. His smallest "pieces of art" you could get for a probably 400k-500k.

Anyone of you, including a retarded monkey, could do the same, and noone would give a flying f*ck about it. Art is insane, it's pure arbitrariness what is considered as art and worth millions and what's not.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 02:45:30 AM »
Idk man.

mfw

Looks like the scan of a woman's brain.

Some art works -esp the modern/abstract ones- challenge you to observe without judging. Not all art isn't made to 'please' us. This world would be a boring place if this was the case, don't you think?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2013, 02:59:29 AM »
... fucking capitalism

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 03:25:27 AM »

True. One of my ex's had the most amazing abstract oil painting on his wall. When he saw me admiring it, he asked me what I thought of it, so I told him. When I asked him who the artist was, ...he just laughed. Turns out the "artist" who painted the piece, was his little brother, ...when he was 8. no joke! The painting had been done by a child bored stiff and angry from having to stay home from school, due to a bout of chicken pox.

A lot of people have had the same response to that painting over the years, including him.
So.... years later, he had it matted, framed, and hung in his living room. It truly was an exquisite piece.
w

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2013, 03:33:14 AM »
There's a guy in Austria who's art consists of throwing animal blood with a bucket on a white canvas. His smallest "pieces of art" you could get for a probably 400k-500k.

Anyone of you, including a retarded monkey, could do the same, and noone would give a flying f*ck about it. Art is insane, it's pure arbitrariness what is considered as art and worth millions and what's not.

Great business to be in, shouldn't have wasted time at University.

Deep down the "artist" probably cant believe his luck selling this shit.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 03:59:41 AM »
Gucci Bags are handmade as well.

Only when the system comes crashing down will people come to their senses.  They will realize that worshipping this overpriced garbage was utterly ridiculous and useless.  They should have been stocking up on bags of rice and beans instead.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 04:22:38 AM »
it's all about Art and those who appreciate it.....in the eyes of some, it's worthless, but to others, it's other worldly......."the scream" was once stolen, but it was recovered. it was on sold for $119 million.....at that time, it was the second most expensive painting