Author Topic: Who is the oldest member of GB?  (Read 23638 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: Who is the oldest member of GB?
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »
Mr. MB ---------- 73
Funk 51 --------- 62
Musclecenter ---- 61
Wez ------------  56
Gymrat ---------  55
Tommywishbone - 52
WalterWhite ----- 52
US MUSL -------- 50
Groink ----------- 49
Hazbin ---------- 48
Dr. Chimps ------ 47
Arce ------------ 44
Bigdumbbell ----- 43
Honest ---------- 42
Soul crusher ---- 38
90% are old farts :-X

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
Lol at soul crusher sees a oportunity to post his pic that he already posted in 45 other threads but at 38 im pretty sure je knows his not the oldest lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »
Lol at soul crusher sees a oportunity to post his pic that he already posted in 45 other threads but at 38 im pretty sure je knows his not the oldest lol

Its all a goof - relax francis

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
What a cool pic.  Huell Howser did a California's Gold about that area.  Those must have been some great days.  How did you get a copy of that pic..who took it?

Great question. The early 50s were different times….sweet and very safe. My parents had no problem with me and a friend or two hopping the Pico Trolly from our home near downtown L.A. to the beach for the day. I loved watching the festivities at Muscle Beach. I so badly wanted to be a "muscle man" and get all the chicks. One day I started looking on the web for pics of MB during that era hoping to find one of me. I always tried to be up close and near the stage. Then BINGO I found the above pic. I remember the day and my favorite T shirt which I wore until it damn near fell off from wear.

I was able to stand on the Venice MB stage a few times in my 40s and 50s picking up the title of Mr. MB. And I got a lot of awsome chicks.

There is a huge black and white poster at Gold's Peoria Arizona which has another with me at stage edge. I would always tell others I was the only member that had his pic on the wall.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:28 AM »
Great question. The early 50s were different times….sweet and very safe. My parents had no problem with me and a friend or two hopping the Pico Trolly from our home near downtown L.A. to the beach for the day. I loved watching the festivities at Muscle Beach. I so badly wanted to be a "muscle man" and get all the chicks. One day I started looking on the web for pics of MB during that era hoping to find one of me. I always tried to be up close and near the stage. Then BINGO I found the above pic. I remember the day and my favorite T shirt which I wore until it damn near fell off from wear.

There is a huge black and white poster at Gold's Peoria Arizona which has another with me at stage edge. I would always tell others I was the only member that had his pic on the wall.
cool story =)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 08:01:21 AM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »

I was able to stand on the Venice MB stage a few times in my 40s and 50s picking up the title of Mr. MB. And I got a lot of awsome chicks.

Oh wow...you must have freaked out to have found that on the web.  I can only imagine.  What a fantastic time and place to be alive, eh?  Best of the best, if you think about it.  The weather was good, the economy was good, the people were cool, everything was like a "new way"....great times for sure...what a super contribution to getbig

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »
Time seems to go faster when you are over the hill but not under it!

71 in September. Here I am abseiling at the Warriewood Blowhole in Sydney. My mate wouldn't climb down. Quite scary the first time as there is only a narrow shelf about 10 feet below.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2013, 08:42:15 AM »
I mention the times were "sweet". Two of my fondest memories were once at about age 6 or 7 my dad put me on the L.A. train to San Francisco to see relatives. He sought out a Red Cap (usually African American elderly men who worked the train cars collecting tickets and assisting with baggage). He found a Red Cap and handed him a $20 spot…"Watch my boy please. He will let you know in San Francisco when he sees his family". A large warm black hand took mine and we together collected tickets from the passengers. I fell asleep until he shook me and said, "Are these your kin?"

Another is my memory of the Ice Man. He drove a mule and wagon. In the wagon were large blocks of ice on straw. He would always use his pik and give me a slice of ice to suck on.

Bert Goodrich knew I was lying when I said I was 16, minimum age to join his Hollywood Gym. At 14 he had Steve Reeves write my first program and keep his eye on me.

These events would be hard to duplicate in 2013/2014.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »
As you get older you assemble a Bucket's List. Things to do that will give you a buzz before you go. I got on Hanging Rock in the Blue Mountains last February. Was there all by myself. Set up a camera on a tripod and took the photo by remote wireless. The rock is separated from the cliff by a gap about a yard. Doesn't seem much but it is daunting to jump over. Then at the top it narrows down to a couple of yards and where you sit it is even narrower. Took a lot of nerve to sit out there. Quite exciting with no one else around. Walking the 5 miles back to my car was an ordeal and a half that took 3 1/2 hours and ended at 10:30 at night. Heavy kit of cameras and lenses weighing about 40 pounds was agonizing to carry all that way. I figured out how to adjust my backpack now to not be so painful.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
As you get older you assemble a Bucket's List. Things to do that will give you a buzz before you go. I got on Hanging Rock in the Blue Mountains last February. Was there all by myself. Set up a camera on a tripod and took the photo by remote wireless. The rock is separated from the cliff by a gap about a yard. Doesn't seem much but it is daunting to jump over. Then at the top it narrows down to a couple of yards and where you sit it is even narrower. Took a lot of nerve to sit out there. Quite exciting with no one else around. Walking the 5 miles back to my car was an ordeal and a half that took 3 1/2 hours and ended at 10:30 at night. Heavy kit of cameras and lenses weighing about 40 pounds was agonizing to carry all that way. I figured out how to adjust my backpack now to not be so painful.

Haha...you gotta stop and shift the weight around regularly...been in that predicament many times myself...that's one bitch that really DOES make you stronger, though...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »
I mention the times were "sweet". Two of my fondest memories were once at about age 6 or 7 my dad put me on the L.A. train to San Francisco to see relatives. He sought out a Red Cap (usually African American elderly men who worked the train cars collecting tickets and assisting with baggage). He found a Red Cap and handed him a $20 spot…"Watch my boy please. He will let you know in San Francisco when he sees his family". A large warm black hand took mine and we together collected tickets from the passengers. I fell asleep until he shook me and said, "Are these your kin?"

Another is my memory of the Ice Man. He drove a mule and wagon. In the wagon were large blocks of ice on straw. He would always use his pik and give me a slice of ice to suck on.

Bert Goodrich knew I was lying when I said I was 16, minimum age to join his Hollywood Gym. At 14 he had Steve Reeves write my first program and keep his eye on me.

These events would be hard to duplicate in 2013/2014.

Hey MB...were you in that California's Gold episode?  Did you know about it or at least see it?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2013, 08:59:54 AM »
Happy Friday to the gentlemen farts of old in this thread!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »

Same to you, fatso!

:)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »
Same to you, fatso!

:)

AHAHAHAH!!! "fatso".....a golden oldie (thread relevant)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »
Hey MB...were you in that California's Gold episode?  Did you know about it or at least see it?

No. I have lived my life a half step in the background. I followed California Gold and enjoyed Huel. Huel lifted, had 18"guns, and lived a wholsome life fighting a lifelong disease, name which I now forget. He was also a celebity in the L.A. gay community.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2013, 09:24:57 AM »
No. I have lived my life a half step in the background. I followed California Gold and enjoyed Huel. Huel lifted, had 18"guns, and lived a wholsome life fighting a lifelong disease, name which I now forget. He was also a celebity in the L.A. gay community.

Well he interviewed a lot of the folks around that area, and it was a good show.  I did not know he was a celebrity in the LA gay crowd...lol...any particular reason for that?

???

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2013, 09:26:39 AM »

Why thank you young man. Now put down your cell phone and pay attention in class.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »
AHAHAHAH!!! "fatso".....a golden oldie (thread relevant)

You won't have the pleasure of getting old if you dont shed some of that exterior...cause it sure as HELL aint steel, lol

(or maybe change your name?)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »
Time seems to go faster when you are over the hill but not under it!

71 in September. Here I am abseiling at the Warriewood Blowhole in Sydney. My mate wouldn't climb down. Quite scary the first time as there is only a narrow shelf about 10 feet below.

I woulda loved to have been waiting at the top and then proceed to kick you in the face as you made your final ascent to the summit.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
I woulda loved to have been waiting at the top and then proceed to kick you in the face as you made your final ascent to the summit.

He would probably kick your ass before you could try it.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »
Blowhole ?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »
He would probably kick your ass before you could try it.

Technically speaking, from a combat point of view he would be at a severe disadvantage being that he was several feet below me, swinging from a rope and trying to have a looksy up my shorts. What you?

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2013, 09:36:04 AM »
 Who is the youngest on GB?
$