Author Topic: Walmart Holding Canned Food Drive For Its Own Underpaid Employees  (Read 19234 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Walmart Holding Canned Food Drive For Its Own Underpaid Employees
« Reply #300 on: November 28, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »
ya know what's weird?  When you call someone a libtard, they will disagree with everything you say, forever, even if you're right or wrong.

I see a lot more profanity and name calling and outright insults from the repubs on getbig, I gotta be honest.  Maybe it's because they're pissed off, etc...

but i wonder if the major split in their party, their loss in 4/6 Prez races (and 2 barely wins in there), etc is maybe connected to the fact many repubs use that kind of insulting language.

I'm sure dems do it too... it just seems on getbig, it's a lot of far-right types using "libtards" and other speech.. the most ironic part?  The "libtarded" just keep on cleaning the repubs' clocks in elections.  You keep losing to someone you classify as retarded... what does that say about the repubs' performance?

All it says is the general public is gullible, or votes for the guy that promises the most "free" stuff.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: November 28, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »
http://money.msn.com/saving-money-tips/post.aspx?post=af23341f-50a1-4bd3-9cd1-412865aac16f

•Almost two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
•More than half of poor households with children have a video game system.
•Half of poor households have a computer and 43% have Internet access.
•A third have a plasma or LCD TV, and a quarter have a digital video recorder.

http://polipundit.com/?p=31945

Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

● Lives in a home that is in good repair, not crowded, and equipped with air conditioning, clothes washer and dryer, and cable or satellite TV service.

● Prepares meals in a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave as well as oven and stove.
● Enjoys two color TVs, a DVD player, VCR and — if children are there — an Xbox, PlayStation, or other video game system.
● Had enough money in the past year to meet essential needs, including adequate food and medical care.

While I dont think its ok to be ignorant about facts I understand that it does happen from time to time. It is completely unacceptable to be ignorant in the face of facts though.

The first link is interesting. Did you read the entire article or just cull the few facts that supported your previously formed opinion? The second link is nothing more than opinion, albeit the conservative one.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2013, 02:35:11 PM »
All it says is the general public is gullible, or votes for the guy that promises the most "free" stuff.

You're 100% right.... In that case, what is the solution?   Cause IMO, when you call someone a 'libtard', well, fck that person... I'm going to vote against 100% of what he says, cause anyone that big of a dick must support some dickhead policies, you know?

Maybe if repubs were a little nicer, people would listen to their correct & relevant points about the horrible path we're on... But when you call a person a libtard... well, ,they'll vote for anyone you don't.

Just a thought... I just think the track record of insulting libs has done nothing but grow their numbers-  and solidifying their position on things.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
You're 100% right.... In that case, what is the solution?   Cause IMO, when you call someone a 'libtard', well, fck that person... I'm going to vote against 100% of what he says, cause anyone that big of a dick must support some dickhead policies, you know?

Maybe if repubs were a little nicer, people would listen to their correct & relevant points about the horrible path we're on... But when you call a person a libtard... well, ,they'll vote for anyone you don't.

Just a thought... I just think the track record of insulting libs has done nothing but grow their numbers-  and solidifying their position on things.

Well I don't generally call anyone names, unless provoked. Back on point, the solution? Make people accountable for themselves, there was a time in this country when accepting welfare was looked down upon, and those that took it felt shame. Not anymore, apparently simply by being born in America you are entitled to the good life.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »
Your figures for housing, food, clothes and transportation are good examples as long as you recognize these figures vary with location. Fulltime is actually 2080 hours per year. The current Federal minimum wage remains at $7.25 per hour, however it is higher in some states. Someone working full time at current federal minimum wage earns $15,080 per year before taxes, so a little higher then your estimate.  The 2014 minimum wage is $9.10 an hour, thus someone working fulltime in Oregon at minimum wage would earn $18,928 per year.

For 2013, the Federal poverty guideline is an annual income of $23,550 for a family of four. This is the most commonly used statistic. Add $4,020 for each additional person to compute the Federal poverty level for larger families. Subtract $4,020 per person to compute it for smaller families. For example, a single-person household is considered poor if his or her income is $11,490 or less. These are the guidelines for the 48 contiguous states. Guidelines for Alaska and Hawaii are a little higher, since it is more expensive to live there. The Federal poverty level is updated every year to keep up with price increases in the previous year.

So using these figures, a single person making minimum wage and working full time is above the Federal poverty level.

One essential item you missed is healthcare. Whether a person has insurance or not, there are still costs associated with health-care even if only for over the counter medications and the occasional emergency room visit for those who do not have a regular doctor.

I'd venture a guess that there are a lot of folks who'd feel pretty flush if they could just find full time work. Unfortunately, at the lower end of the employment spectrum, full time jobs are much harder to come by.
agreed the numbers change with location and if youre in a location that pays lower or has a higher cost of living, GUESS WHAT????

MOVE!!!!

A couple making minimum wage should not have 2 children, if they choose to have children that is their issue not yours, mine or anyone elses. I should not be responsible for their shitty decisions, nor should you or anyone else.

I agree on healthcare costs, we could add another say 50-100 month for health insurance, so add 600-1200 a year for that expense. If we are going to get detailed we should also note that they will get a decent tax refund from the govt as well.

The point being a single person making minimum wage working full time, SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE ENDS MEET IF THEY ARE JUST BUYING THE NECESSITIES.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »
The first link is interesting. Did you read the entire article or just cull the few facts that supported your previously formed opinion? The second link is nothing more than opinion, albeit the conservative one.
the second link is based of the same data the first link is based off of ::)

just fucking walk away!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
the second link is based of the same data the first link is based off of ::)

just fucking walk away!!!
Im sorry it was indeed a different survey but far from opinion

http://polipundit.com/?p=31945

Data from the Department of Energy and other agencies show that the average poor family, as defined by Census officials:

● Lives in a home that is in good repair, not crowded, and equipped with air conditioning, clothes washer and dryer, and cable or satellite TV service.
● Prepares meals in a kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave as well as oven and stove.
● Enjoys two color TVs, a DVD player, VCR and — if children are there — an Xbox, PlayStation, or other video game system.
● Had enough money in the past year to meet essential needs, including adequate food and medical care.

thats not opinion prime, that is DATA!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2013, 02:45:50 PM »
While I dont think its ok to be ignorant about facts I understand that it does happen from time to time. It is completely unacceptable to be ignorant in the face of facts though.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
You simply don't understand, stocking shelves, scanning items at checkout is serious business. Beside, no one who works at walmart has a choice they are forced to work there
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2013, 03:06:12 PM »
Well I don't generally call anyone names, unless provoked. Back on point, the solution? Make people accountable for themselves, there was a time in this country when accepting welfare was looked down upon, and those that took it felt shame. Not anymore, apparently simply by being born in America you are entitled to the good life.....

How do you do this?  Make people accountable?  Sadly,  I'm starting to believe america may never eleect a politican that makes them be accountable.  Why would they?  Hilary and Christie will let them keep welfare, and Cruz will not.  how can cruz win? 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »
How do you do this?  Make people accountable?  Sadly,  I'm starting to believe america may never eleect a politican that makes them be accountable.  Why would they?  Hilary and Christie will let them keep welfare, and Cruz will not.  how can cruz win? 
Politicians buy votes with tax payer money, force the federal government to do what they are constitutionally allowed to do and nothing else. The gravy train stops............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
agreed the numbers change with location and if youre in a location that pays lower or has a higher cost of living, GUESS WHAT????

MOVE!!!!

A couple making minimum wage should not have 2 children, if they choose to have children that is their issue not yours, mine or anyone elses. I should not be responsible for their shitty decisions, nor should you or anyone else.

I agree on healthcare costs, we could add another say 50-100 month for health insurance, so add 600-1200 a year for that expense. If we are going to get detailed we should also note that they will get a decent tax refund from the govt as well.

The point being a single person making minimum wage working full time, SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE ENDS MEET IF THEY ARE JUST BUYING THE NECESSITIES.

So it would seem, your answer to everything is to simply move. To hell with being where your family is. Can't afford to rent a moving truck? Sell all that shit and get new....oh wait, you don't have a job yet, so you won't be able to do that.

Likewise, if your job doesn't pay enough quit and get a new one. Oh wait on this too, what if no one is hiring. You'd be out of a job with no prospects. BTW experts advise that employed folks are much more likely to be hired then someone who is unemployed. Guess you better rethink quitting that old low paying job until you find the new one, huh?

I am in complete agreement that people making minimum wage probably cannot afford to have kids. What about people who make a good wage, have kids and then something changes like they get laid off or fired and they take a lesser or minimum wage position as a stopgap so as to not end up on welfare? I guess they could sell their kids if they are still young enough to be marketable.

I don't know if a person making minimum wage should be able to make ends meet these days. I am not sure I ever made minimum wage even in the days when I thought my wages were too little. I always made ends meet somehow. but that was a very different time then it is today. How do you know that a person making minimum wage should be doing just fine? Have you ever been in this situation and if so, when were you in it?

I see a lot of guessing and finger pointing going on here. Also a lot of exaggerations, not to mention regurgitating what others have said regardless of whether they knew what they were talking about.

I will give you that it is probably true that most of the people in the U.S. who qualify as poor are probably better off then they would be if they lived somewhere like Haiti and were poor. Personally, I hope the U.S. never reaches the point were poor people live under the same conditions as they do in third world countries. But....anything is possible, isn't it?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »
Politicians buy votes with tax payer money, force the federal government to do what they are constitutionally allowed to do and nothing else. The gravy train stops............

Don't forget all the politicians who get elected on corporate money. Of course big business never asks for special favors in return....right?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
Don't forget all the politicians who get elected on corporate money. Of course big business never asks for special favors in return....right?

And if the federal government could only do what they were constitutionally allowed, corporate money wouldn't matter now would it.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
And if the federal government could only do what they were constitutionally allowed, corporate money wouldn't matter now would it.....

You do realize that legislators and congress pass laws. Think about the banking industry and deregulation. Following the savings and loan crisis many years back, there was talk about regulating the banking industry. Did that happen? I didn't notice. Think of the recent financial collapse and the banking industries role is this.

I do believe that government is constitutionally allowed to enact new laws which often overwrite the old ones; maybe they shouldn't be. Maybe every piece of government business should be done by initiative petition (the vote of the people). -If someone could just figure out how to get the people to actually care enough to vote. Me thinks it is far easier to put these decisions in the hands of politicians so that when things go haywire, we all have someone to blame.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: November 28, 2013, 03:44:56 PM »
You do realize that legislators and congress pass laws. Think about the banking industry and deregulation. Following the savings and loan crisis many years back, there was talk about regulating the banking industry. Did that happen? I didn't notice. Think of the recent financial collapse and the banking industries role is this.

I do believe that government is constitutionally allowed to enact new laws which often overwrite the old ones; maybe they shouldn't be. Maybe every piece of government business should be done by initiative petition (the vote of the people). -If someone could just figure out how to get the people to actually care enough to vote. Me thinks it is far easier to put these decisions in the hands of politicians so that when things go haywire, we all have someone to blame.

The constitution lays out exactly what the federal government is allowed to do, the rest is up to the states. The civil war marked the end of states rights and cluster fuck we have now
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: November 28, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »
So it would seem, your answer to everything is to simply move. To hell with being where your family is. Can't afford to rent a moving truck? Sell all that shit and get new....oh wait, you don't have a job yet, so you won't be able to do that.

Likewise, if your job doesn't pay enough quit and get a new one. Oh wait on this too, what if no one is hiring. You'd be out of a job with no prospects. BTW experts advise that employed folks are much more likely to be hired then someone who is unemployed. Guess you better rethink quitting that old low paying job until you find the new one, huh?

I am in complete agreement that people making minimum wage probably cannot afford to have kids. What about people who make a good wage, have kids and then something changes like they get laid off or fired and they take a lesser or minimum wage position as a stopgap so as to not end up on welfare? I guess they could sell their kids if they are still young enough to be marketable.

I don't know if a person making minimum wage should be able to make ends meet these days. I am not sure I ever made minimum wage even in the days when I thought my wages were too little. I always made ends meet somehow. but that was a very different time then it is today. How do you know that a person making minimum wage should be doing just fine? Have you ever been in this situation and if so, when were you in it?

I see a lot of guessing and finger pointing going on here. Also a lot of exaggerations, not to mention regurgitating what others have said regardless of whether they knew what they were talking about.

I will give you that it is probably true that most of the people in the U.S. who qualify as poor are probably better off then they would be if they lived somewhere like Haiti and were poor. Personally, I hope the U.S. never reaches the point were poor people live under the same conditions as they do in third world countries. But....anything is possible, isn't it?
life sucks all around, nut up and do what you need to do to get by...If that means moving even though you have a life somewhere and the kids you cant afford are happy tough shit

I agree its easier to get a job if you have one already, that doesnt mean you cant get a job without one. Fact is there are plenty of jobs out there, just not plenty of jobs for people with shitty educations, bad work records and lack of experience.

Fact of the matter is if you have the skills and education you can get a good job.
Fact of the matter is education is available to all that are mentally capable of achieving it.
Fact of the matter is people overcome their circumstances and issues everyday. You did it, I did it and millions of others do it everyday.

Why should we expect less?

soft bigotry of low expectations...Im sorry if you arent mentally or physically disabled you need to pull your fucking weight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: November 28, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »

I dont see it stopping.  Even most of the loudest anti-obama, anti-spending repubs still took all that stim money, lol.  Google any of them - they are cool with pork in their own state.  in an election, they will HAVE to detail their cuts, which means they lose those votes.  "I'm going to stop X, Y, and Z subsidies" will balance the budget, but will lose you two million people that work/support the X,Y,Z industries.  It's why politicians are always so vague.  Then it's why they don't cut anything - they want to be re-elected lol.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »
why is this tread still going,just as long as the right on here are fine with subsidizing the pay of the walmart worker,then that's great.And to use the argument  better yourself and move on is wonderful but don't forget someone else is moving in to those jobs,so the wheel goes round and round. And all the time the Walton family is laughing at the idiots backing them   ;D  So we shouldn't see any more posts about welfare and food stamps,yeah right  ;D ;D

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: November 28, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
why is this tread still going,just as long as the right on here are fine with subsidizing the pay of the walmart worker,then that's great.And to use the argument  better yourself and move on is wonderful but don't forget someone else is moving in to those jobs,so the wheel goes round and round. And all the time the Walton family is laughing at the idiots backing them   ;D  So we shouldn't see any more posts about welfare and food stamps,yeah right  ;D ;D

I hate to break the news to you, Walmart is in business to make a profit, not make cashiers rich, don't like it find work elsewhere. This isn't Soviet Russia where you have no choice.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »
I hate to break the news to you, Walmart is in business to make a profit, not make cashiers rich, don't like it find work elsewhere. This isn't Soviet Russia where you have no choice.
I hate to break it to you but all business are here to make a profit but also pay a living wage not a wage to get rich on but a living wage.just as long as you don't have a problem subsidizing their wages then you shouldn't have a problem with the way walmart does business  And to use the argument  better yourself and move on is wonderful but don't forget someone else is moving in to those jobs,so the wheel goes round and round.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: November 28, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »
I hate to break it to you but all business are here to make a profit but also pay a living wage not a wage to get rich on but a living wage.just as long as you don't have a problem subsidizing their wages then you shouldn't have a problem with the way walmart does business  And to use the argument  better yourself and move on is wonderful but don't forget someone else is moving in to those jobs,so the wheel goes round and round.

Why would I be OK with subsidizing someone's wages? It's not my fault they have no marketable skills, cry me a fucking river. Like I said this isn't Soviet Russia, no one is forced to work at walmart or shop there. Someones else's poor life choices, lack or skill, and lack of education is not my problem, well that was until the government decided to make it my problem.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »
Why would I be OK with subsidizing someone's wages? It's not my fault they have no marketable skills, cry me a fucking river. Like I said this isn't Soviet Russia, no one is forced to work at walmart or shop there. Someones else's poor life choices, lack or skill, and lack of education is not my problem, well that was until the government decided to make it my problem.

hahaha you see it is your problem so carry on  :D :D :D :D i'm sure the waltons will send you a thank you letter  :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Yes I know why should we expect anyone who isnt physically or mentally disabled to pull their own weight.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

hahaha you see it is your problem so carry on  :D :D :D :D i'm sure the waltons will send you a thank you letter  :D

I don't shop at Walmart, and they only reason I have any concern over this is because the left wing do gooders out there, as usual will screw 95% to benefit the 5%. Again this isn't soviet russia, no is forced to work or shop at walmart
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ