Author Topic: Walmart Holding Canned Food Drive For Its Own Underpaid Employees  (Read 19210 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Walmart Holding Canned Food Drive For Its Own Underpaid Employees
« Reply #325 on: November 28, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »
Yes I know why should we expect anyone who isnt physically or mentally disabled to pull their own weight.

Yep simply by being born in America you are entitled to the good life...........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: November 28, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »
I dont see it stopping.  Even most of the loudest anti-obama, anti-spending repubs still took all that stim money, lol.  Google any of them - they are cool with pork in their own state.  in an election, they will HAVE to detail their cuts, which means they lose those votes.  "I'm going to stop X, Y, and Z subsidies" will balance the budget, but will lose you two million people that work/support the X,Y,Z industries.  It's why politicians are always so vague.  Then it's why they don't cut anything - they want to be re-elected lol.

A person much wiser than me once said that a politician's main job is to get elected and later reelected.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #327 on: November 28, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
I don't shop at Walmart, and they only reason I have any concern over this is because the left wing do gooders out there, as usual will screw 95% to benefit the 5%. Again this isn't soviet russia, no is forced to work or shop at walmart
hes saying that wal mart is making it your problem by pahing them lesd than a living wage, so that they go and get on welfare. The thing is, its not fucking wal marts fault that the government hands out money to people making minimum wage.... theyre just following the law.

Honestly IMHO those employees shoukdnt be getting welfare if theyre employed and single with no kids... they can live just fine on what wal mart pays by themselves..... trust me.

its just that they want to have all the luxuries afforded to people with real skillz and a real career, so eather than working to get it, they just keep working at wal mart and then go jump on welfare to supplement their income, which is horseshit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #328 on: November 28, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
A person much wiser than me once said that a politician's main job is to get elected and later reelected.

probably true.  but there are some people who run that just have bigger things in mind, bigger goals.  Sure, they might not get re-elected in congress, but they might build such an amazing reputation at 'change' that they get scooped for the veep slot ;)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:54 AM »
hes saying that wal mart is making it your problem by pahing them lesd than a living wage, so that they go and get on welfare. The thing is, its not fucking wal marts fault that the government hands out money to people making minimum wage.... theyre just following the law.

Honestly IMHO those employees shoukdnt be getting welfare if theyre employed and single with no kids... they can live just fine on what wal mart pays by themselves..... trust me.

its just that they want to have all the luxuries afforded to people with real skillz and a real career, so eather than working to get it, they just keep working at wal mart and then go jump on welfare to supplement their income, which is horseshit.

It really doesn't matter, stocking shelves or scanning items are not high demand or high levels of skill. Why is there a federal minimum wage? Where did the federal government get the authority?
I have come to the conclusion that this generation is the zero responsibility generation. Have no skills and make little money, its walmarts fault. Go ape shit and kill a bunch of people, its violent video games fault. The federal government just re-enforces this thought process with all there fucking hand outs. Why better yourself when you can blame some other entity and get hand outs?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #330 on: November 29, 2013, 05:42:44 AM »
Yep simply by being born in America you are entitled to the good life...........
finally, someone gets it!
w

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #331 on: November 29, 2013, 06:32:32 AM »
maybe it's coming around

"Although the Walton family made out like bandits last year and the outgoing CEO of Walmart Stores, Inc, Michael T Duke, took home nearly $20m in compensation, the company is not actually doing very well. The US stores have reported shrinking sales for three straight quarters. In a rare moment of clarity, the president and CEO of Walmart US, William Simon, attributed the drop in sales to the over stretched incomes of the low wage consumer the store typically attracts. He explained:

Their income is going down while food costs are not. Gas and energy prices, while they're abating, I think they're still eating up a big piece of the customer's budget.

The irony, of course, is that by paying so many of its 1.3 million employees poverty wages, and setting a low bar for wages across the board, the company is eating into its customer base and thus may be contributing to its own decline."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: November 29, 2013, 09:11:22 AM »
maybe it's coming around

"Although the Walton family made out like bandits last year and the outgoing CEO of Walmart Stores, Inc, Michael T Duke, took home nearly $20m in compensation, the company is not actually doing very well. The US stores have reported shrinking sales for three straight quarters. In a rare moment of clarity, the president and CEO of Walmart US, William Simon, attributed the drop in sales to the over stretched incomes of the low wage consumer the store typically attracts. He explained:

Their income is going down while food costs are not. Gas and energy prices, while they're abating, I think they're still eating up a big piece of the customer's budget.

The irony, of course, is that by paying so many of its 1.3 million employees poverty wages, and setting a low bar for wages across the board, the company is eating into its customer base and thus may be contributing to its own decline."

blacken define "poor" for us

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #333 on: November 29, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »
blacken define "poor" for us

You, you fucking moron.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: November 29, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »
You, you fucking moron.
thanks abby, but shouldnt you be resting for your next occupy protest, dont forget to take pictures with your iphone while sipping your starbucks coffee.

now fuck off to whatever starbucks/headshop you work part time at leave the grown up talk to grown ups

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #335 on: November 29, 2013, 12:12:55 PM »
thanks abby, but shouldnt you be resting for your next occupy protest, dont forget to take pictures with your iphone while sipping your starbucks coffee.

now fuck off to whatever starbucks/headshop you work part time at leave the grown up talk to grown ups

ok.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »
It really doesn't matter, stocking shelves or scanning items are not high demand or high levels of skill. Why is there a federal minimum wage? Where did the federal government get the authority?
I have come to the conclusion that this generation is the zero responsibility generation. Have no skills and make little money, its walmarts fault. Go ape shit and kill a bunch of people, its violent video games fault. The federal government just re-enforces this thought process with all there fucking hand outs. Why better yourself when you can blame some other entity and get hand outs?

I've come to the conclusion that there are many folks like you who have no knowledge of U.S. labor history and who base everything they say on personal opinions instead of facts.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that there are many folks like you who have no knowledge of U.S. labor history and who base everything they say on personal opinions instead of facts.
this coming from the guy who denies that facts from census data are facts....OK

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

Wrong, as usual.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »

LOLOLOL from the generation that brought you the depression, the great recession,the housing and stock market collapse, the banking scandals, global warming and much more, you baby boomer guys raped the earth with the more for me attitude, now the shits hitting the fan. The population grows and humanity will be tested. Life will get harder and harder for all but a few.Basic nesecitits like computers will not be cheap, things we take for granted like satelite dishes won't work as good and things will generally be more.... not good.

video games where recently studied and found that the violence was cathartic and kids who didn't play games where way more likely to be serial killers. Also, they took a group of kids in a double blinded study and had one group play E games (everyone) versus M games (mature) the E games kids were more aggressive, while the study concluded that the M game players "displayed metrosexual tendencies and dainty mannerisms", so that completely counters your point.

I think you are wrong

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »
so you admit the majority of poor people in the US spend frivolously on shit they dont need?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »

LOLOLOL from the generation that brought you the depression, the great recession,the housing and stock market collapse, the banking scandals, global warming and much more, you baby boomer guys raped the earth with the more for me attitude, now the shits hitting the fan. The population grows and humanity will be tested. Life will get harder and harder for all but a few.Basic nesecitits like computers will not be cheap, things we take for granted like satelite dishes won't work as good and things will generally be more.... not good.

video games where recently studied and found that the violence was cathartic and kids who didn't play games where way more likely to be serial killers. Also, they took a group of kids in a double blinded study and had one group play E games (everyone) versus M games (mature) the E games kids were more aggressive, while the study concluded that the M game players "displayed metrosexual tendencies and dainty mannerisms", so that completely counters your point.

I think you are wrong
post the link to your studies, you have been wrong on to many things to take your word

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »

Fucking please, I am well aware of the history of US labor. What facts have presented? I have been successful in computers, but I have no illusion that I am not replaceable. My mortgage is paid off my cars are paid for, so guess what if I had to work at Walmart I could still get by.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »

I think you are wrong

Sorry but I'm not old enough to be a baby boomer.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #344 on: November 29, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »
I hate to break it to you but all business are here to make a profit but also pay a living wage not a wage to get rich on but a living wage.just as long as you don't have a problem subsidizing their wages then you shouldn't have a problem with the way walmart does business  And to use the argument  better yourself and move on is wonderful but don't forget someone else is moving in to those jobs,so the wheel goes round and round.

So what do you propose the government should do about this?  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
So what do you propose the government should do about this?  

who said anything about the gov.  how about the waltons treat their employees a little better,nobodys asking to get rich just make enough to live on so the tax payer doesn't have to subsidize their pay.i'm sure the the waltons can live on 15 billion a year  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
who said anything about the gov.  how about the waltons treat their employees a little better,nobodys asking to get rich just make enough to live on so the tax payer doesn't have to subsidize their pay.i'm sure the the waltons can live on 15 billion a year  :D

Maybe I don't understand your point.  Are you just complaining about their wages, or are you suggesting something be done about it? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: November 29, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
so you admit the majority of poor people in the US spend frivolously on shit they dont need?

No.

I was thinking about some of the items listed as being frivolous. One thing that struck me was the microwave. You can buy a microwave new for $50 or less. Some efficiency apartments don't have cooking facilities other than a microwave. This suggests that at least in some cases a microwave is a necessity. I have already posted how I feel about cell phones being essential if one hopes to find and keep employment. I've read where some employers insist on applicants providing a phone number or they don't consider the application.

Big flat screen TV's do seem unnecessary. When I was first on my own. I didn't have any television. Didn't really want one either. I preferred reading.

For some people owning a car is a luxury and for others who live in more rural areas, it is a necessity. Owning an auto, considering payments, upkeep gas and insurance has become a major expense. I imagine this is one reason why many poor people gravitate to major cities where a car is not necessary. A one month pass on Tri-Met is $100. Unless someone lives close enough to walk or bike to work and the store, this is the least they'd spend on transportation in the Portland Metro area.

Air conditioning in Portland, OR. is a definitely a luxury since we rarely have more then a few days at a time when it is hot here in the summer. I don't have air-conditioning in my home mainly because we've just never needed it. We do have forced air heat though. That is a necessity. It is 43 out today.

I don't smoke, so cigarettes definitely seem like a frivolous item. Alcohol is too. I can't think of a reason some has to drink it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »
Fucking please, I am well aware of the history of US labor. What facts have presented? I have been successful in computers, but I have no illusion that I am not replaceable. My mortgage is paid off my cars are paid for, so guess what if I had to work at Walmart I could still get by.

Bully for you. You are an anomaly in the world today.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »

Big flat screen TV's do seem unnecessary.

:o  Blasphemy!!