Author Topic: OMFFGG! Muscle and Fitness advocates Swiss Ball Squats.Scanned pic! WTF?  (Read 22584 times)

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
Re: OMFFGG! Muscle and Fitness advocates Swiss Ball Squats.Scanned pic! WTF?
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 09:39:11 PM »
True, but any trainer can teach the basics, it takes an experianced trainer to go beyond the basics and take your client to the next level. To be a great trainer your clients should be complete..meaning, not only the primary muscles should be strong and developed but also stabilizers as well as conditioning. Any trainer can just take money and persuade their client that their making progress. Learn to train your clients like an athlete (at their level) and you have well rounded, happy client!!

hahaha. What a fag. What is some yuppie gonna do with his "stabilizers" gimme a break haha. "Help me train my stabilizers." lololololololololzzzz!!!!!
"Shut the F up and train"

Stitch

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 09:39:21 PM »
Because of the instability of the ball, performing exercises on the ball requires more muscle to contract and be utilized by your body for balance. EMG studies show that doing crunches on a stability ball uses 30% more abdominal muscle than doing crunches on the floor. I guarantee that if you do a few sets of crunches on the ball with proper form (if you don't know ask a PT ;D), you will be more sore the following day than you ever have been doing crunches on the floor.

Think about it, the principal behind the use of a stability ball is basicly the same reason you prefer DBs and BBs over machines whenever possible. Its harder and more muscle is used. The end results may be different, but the principals are the same. Not only that, the stability ball is very versatile.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 09:58:55 PM »
hahaha. What a fag. What is some yuppie gonna do with his "stabilizers" gimme a break haha. "Help me train my stabilizers." lololololololololzzzz!!!!!

Hey Junior, I train professional athletes for a living. If I have a pitcher, quarterback tennis player or anyone who plays a sport that requires anything related to rotator cuffs, knees, ankles, etc and they get injured due to negligent strength or conditioning it's my ass, and considering you more than likely don't know what a "stabilizer" muscle is without going to Google, keep your yap shut unless you know what you're taking about......unless you can prove otherwise!!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »
hahaha. All the PT's are coming out of the woodwork now to defend their "profession" hahaha. Why don't you tell people the real reason you use stability balls (besides the Freudian reasons)is to get these people in there so you can get their money - since people are lazy when it comes to training - you have to create all these bullshit gimmicks to entertain people. I'm sure it's just killing you that people are calling you out on the bs pseudo-science you are proliferating.

I guarantee you will not notice one bit of difference between someone doing standard crunches and someone using a prop after a year of training. The stability ball is versatile? How do you figure? I say more power to PTs - just admit the truth!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2006, 10:02:06 PM »
i  would totally play with their balls if they had any!

I would totally sign up for your class!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 10:02:43 PM »
Because of the instability of the ball, performing exercises on the ball requires more muscle to contract and be utilized by your body for balance. EMG studies show that doing crunches on a stability ball uses 30% more abdominal muscle than doing crunches on the floor. I guarantee that if you do a few sets of crunches on the ball with proper form (if you don't know ask a PT ;D), you will be more sore the following day than you ever have been doing crunches on the floor.

Think about it, the principal behind the use of a stability ball is basicly the same reason you prefer DBs and BBs over machines whenever possible. Its harder and more muscle is used. The end results may be different, but the principals are the same. Not only that, the stability ball is very versatile.

Don't bother with studies, people like mansonvier would never get it, maybe if you draw him a pic.....awe.....forget it, he'll never understand..too complex!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2006, 10:04:06 PM »
hahaha. All the PT's are coming out of the woodwork now to defend their "profession" hahaha. Why don't you tell people the real reason you use stability balls (besides the Freudian reasons)is to get these people in there so you can get their money - since people are lazy when it comes to training - you have to create all these bullshit gimmicks to entertain people. I'm sure it's just killing you that people are calling you out on the bs pseudo-science you are proliferating.

I guarantee you will not notice one bit of difference between someone doing standard crunches and someone using a prop after a year of training. The stability ball is versatile? How do you figure? I say more power to PTs - just admit the truth!

Hey son, anytime you wanna train let me know!!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2006, 10:05:13 PM »
Hey Junior, I train professional athletes for a living. If I have a pitcher, quarterback tennis player or anyone who plays a sport that requires anything related to rotator cuffs, knees, ankles, etc and they get injured due to negligent strength or conditioning it's my ass, and considering you more than likely don't know what a "stabilizer" muscle is without going to Google, keep your yap shut unless you know what you're taking about......unless you can prove otherwise!!

You don't know shit jackass except some pseudoscience other morons put out for the susceptible people. Oh wait I forgot you got a prestigious PERSONAL TRAINER certificate
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2006, 10:06:04 PM »
Hey son, anytime you wanna train let me know!!

Are you asking me out on a date?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »
Are you asking me out on a date?

Actually, he's trying to set you up with his ex-wife Peggy.  You'd like her, she's psycho.  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »
You don't know shit jackass except some pseudoscience other morons put out for the susceptible people. Oh wait I forgot you got a prestigious PERSONAL TRAINER certificate lol.

Screw the cert, those are a crock and a technacality, 30 years of proven training and learning from the best is how I got my experiance!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2006, 10:26:02 PM »
And you still can't spell it...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2006, 10:30:26 PM »
There is no such thing as a "stabilizer muscle". Please give me an example of one. Or show an anatomy chart where it says "satbilizer muscle".

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2006, 10:32:23 PM »
Screw the cert, those are a crock and a technacality, 30 years of proven training and learning from the best is how I got my experiance!

hahaha.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »
There is no such thing as a "stabilizer muscle". Please give me an example of one. Or show an anatomy chart where it says "satbilizer muscle".

Must be near the "core muscles" hahahaha!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2006, 10:40:36 PM »

Please define the difference in muscle isolation and support that occurs when one is doing barbell bench press vs. dumbbell presses.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42:58 PM »
Please define the difference in muscle isolation and support that occurs when one is doing barbell bench press vs. dumbbell presses.

You don't need a barbell to train chest. The bench press is a poor chest exercise. It doesn't isolate enough.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
You don't need a barbell to train chest. The bench press is a poor chest exercise. It doesn't isolate enough.

Point is, if you can bench 300 for 10 reps, you cannot usually press two 150-pound dumbbells for 10 reps. 

Why?

Balance.  Which involves.... drum roll.... STABILIZER MUSCLES.

Have a nice day.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2006, 11:02:24 PM »
Point is, if you can bench 300 for 10 reps, you cannot usually press two 150-pound dumbbells for 10 reps. 

Why?

Balance.  Which involves.... drum roll.... STABILIZER MUSCLES.

Have a nice day.

I don't remember "stabilizer muscles" when I took physiology. If you are speaking of abdominal muscles than you don't need a ball to train those. A ball is a nuisance. I stick with what I said. A person training abs with situps will fare no worse than someone with a ball. I would say training abs with standard crunches on the ground is superior in fact - because you can crank them out without the hassle of balancing on a ball - which doesn't require any muscle fatigue. Center of balance is one thing abs are another.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »
There is no such thing as a "stabilizer muscle". Please give me an example of one.

Rotator Cuff, theres one!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »
Rotator Cuff, theres one!

Why would 20 something professionals want to train their rotator cuffs?

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2006, 11:10:36 PM »
"I hope my wife doesn't find out this totally hot intern was checking out my rotator cuffs at the office today Fred." hahahaha!!!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2006, 11:17:46 PM »
Why would 20 something professionals want to train their rotator cuffs?

Prevent joint injuries and extend longevity from overusage. Just the same way a bodybuilder cannot consistantly throw a ball like an athlete, most athletes that do overhead movements cannot D/B press 120's.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2006, 11:21:20 PM »
Prevent joint injuries and extend longevity from overusage.

It's a waste of time. You work all these muscles better through indirect exertion when you do the classic exercises.

I have an important question now - Do you think a pro bodybuilder ...... say........Federov.....c ould have avoided a pec tear had he spent years training his rotator cuffs with a swiss ball? This is a very important question.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2006, 11:28:22 PM »
It's a waste of time. You work all these muscles better through indirect exertion when you do the classic exercises.

I have an important question now - Do you think a pro bodybuilder ...... say........Federov.....c ould have avoided a pec tear had he spent years training his rotator cuffs with a swiss ball? This is a very important question.

I'm not talking about doing rotator cuff exercises on a swiss ball ::)! Important answer and serious.....he more than likely tore his pec (the same way I did) by doing too much, when I tore my pec 2 1/2 years ago, I was on my 7th rep with 405, it wasn't just the weight but the combination of the break down, anotherwords....too many reps!