Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 20, 2014, 09:38:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 7763 times)
loco
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2013, 07:08:27 AM »

Prayer is really helpful.  If you're in a depressed state, your body and mind will resist prayer but keep trying.
Breath deeply and focus on the lower part of your body (to even out all the tension from your upper part, e.g. focus on feeling the blood flow in your legs).  When praying, pray for OTHER PEOPLE more than for yourself.  Think your way into their heart and soul and be as sincere as you can be.  I am Christian so I use the Trinity, sometimes I feel like I am addressing the Father, sometimes the Son, and sometimes the Holy Spirit.  I know this sounds very corny but I have found that prayer can really get us outside ourselves, and thus helps with the blues.

Prayer doesn't work.  It's simply wishful thinking for the ignorant.  If prayer worked nobody would have any problems.  Prayer has been debunked in so many studies as too not even be funny.

Save your time and learn about whatever condition afflicts you, education and knowledge will provide far greater benefit than wishing it wasn't so.

"Health benefits, such as lower blood pressure, increased longevity, and reduced risk for depression, may occur in people who regularly practice their spiritual faith or who are part of a religious community."
http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/prayer-topic-overview
Report to moderator   Logged
Radical Plato
Getbig V

Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.

« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2013, 07:19:31 AM »

Yes I did, she was a slob and lazy, you would fire her too, but I wish shes a millionaire now.
Maybe you should have prayed for her to become motivated and efficient, would have saved you sacking her.  Or does prayer only work on certain things.

V
Man of Steel
Getbig V

Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »

Oh Brother!  You pray for other people because it makes you feel good, it is just another form of ME ME ME !  And praying for people who given a chance would crush you into oblivion goes against nature, it's an absurd act that your enemies would laugh at and see it is a pathetic weakness.  You feel amazing everyday because you are a spoiled and protected first world westerner whose greatest dilemma is deciding on what type of 42 different styles of coffee you want during your morning tea break.

It's not torture, just man up and deal with it.  And dago is full of shit .  He is simply pissed off because he acted like a cun+ and lost someone he cared about, he is upset that he feels punished for this.  He doesn't seek forgiveness, he simply wants to not hurt anymore because of him acting like a twat, but if he pushed others way with his anger and hostility, he deserves what he gets.  Dago, now that he has found the light sounds more tormented than ever.

Forgiveness, simply described it's letting go of wanting revenge on the other (it has nothing to do with God).  So if you are seeking forgiveness from someone else you have to redeem yourself, if they still don't let go of their resentment towards you there isn't much you can do.  Life isn't perfect, and it is more about learning to live with complex emotions than it is being restored to a balanced equilibrium.

Darkness has a stronghold on you my friend.  The twisted truth you often present attests to it.  

It sincerely pains me to witness it because I believe you to be a good man.  

It had one on me once before and Jesus Christ took it from me.  You and I have spoken before and I'm happy to do it again.

bigmc
Getbig V

The Y board are the GET BIG ELITE

« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »

Darkness has a stronghold on you my friend.  The twisted truth you often present attests to it.  

It had one on me once before and Jesus Christ took it from me.  You and I have spoken before and I'm happy to do it again.

how did jesus take it from you

do you mean your belief in him gave you the strength to change

it might be argued that you always had that inner strength just needed a catalyst

which in your case just happened to be religion

T
Man of Steel
Getbig V

Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »

how did jesus take it from you

do you mean your belief in him gave you the strength to change

it might be argued that you always had that inner strength just needed a catalyst

which in your case just happened to be religion

I was in the lowest point in my life and was contemplating suicide daily.  I was already slowly dying and didn't know it (results of injury and surgery....longer story  Wink.  I was fully depressed, angry, bitter and fearful.  I was irrational and unloving and ready to be done with it all.  The bleakest moments would come and go, but the darkness enveloped me when alone at night.....it was a tangible presence of oppression outside of myself I didn't choose but had a stronghold on me. 

Finally in desperation I surrendered to the Lord and his glory and presence enveloped me and filled me and chased away the oppression and illogical dread.  I didn't will away the oppression.....I was delivered from it!!  All I did was call upon on the Lord in humility, in faith and in surrender and his powerful presence caused the darkness to flee!! 

From that point forward I was changed and I now live for the Lord and encourage others to do the same.

Radical Plato
Getbig V

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »

If it comforts you to believe that fine.  I see religion as poison and those who follow it as miserable lost souls.  And religion and prayer don't even deserve to be called a twisted version of truth, they are boldface lies. Just as you see me in darkness, that's the way I see you and other people so taken with religion.  I am happy with the level of awareness and enlightenment I have attained.  I walk around with eyes wide open, I have no need for others pity and I accept life the way it is and not the way I want it to be.  

I kind of laugh when you offer up help, as I feel it is you who is in need of it, but the stranglehold of religion has closed your mind.  I like my humaneness, I am not trying to mold life into an enjoyable, comfortable ride. I am not seeking happiness, or god or any of that.  I seek to develop my mind as for as possible, I find it sufficient to pursue the areas of interest that captivate me, to expand in the way that I like, that I am comfortable with.   I need no god to take the raw edge off living, all emotions are equally valid and worthy of exploration, I see god botherers as escape artists, trying to avoid the harsher realities of life, to escape the experience and therefore the vital lesson contained within.  Simply put, it is just another psychological defense mechanism to cope with the ups and downs of life.

My guess is it bothers you to have someone ridicule your faith and superstitious practises so vehemently and with such passion that your only choice is to tell yourself they are a dark lost soul incapable of understanding God and his grace.  While you see the darkness as something to flee from and seek solace and comfort in God, I see as a remarkable opportunity to explore and discover life more deeply, to live more richly, to move further towards a deep understanding of life.  My goal isn't to live a comfortable live with the assistance of a divine being, but to live a REAL LIFE, complete with unsolvable dilemmas and extreme difficulties.  Your sales pitch of your life once being dark but is now filled with God's light doesn't appeal to someone like me, if anything it sounds like an outright terrible existence.  I embrace my darkness !!!  I see moving to the light as going in the wrong direction.

V
Quickerblade
Getbig V

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »

Maybe you should have prayed for her to become motivated and efficient, would have saved you sacking her.  Or does prayer only work on certain things.

I should of, but i had the wrong mindset then.
Prayer works for everything with me.
Dago_Joe
Getbig III

Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS

« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »

how long ago did this happen Dago?

i'm going through the same thing right now, and the worst part is the only one u can blame is yourself which is utter torture.

It all ended at the end of June.  I was so fucking out of my mind with the drugs and everything going on.  I ended up not just losing her, but nearly my life in the process.  It is the worst feeling to blame yourself for it all.  It is so hard to point to someone you truly love and say that they wronged you and that they were also to blame for what went wrong.  It is easier in a sick way to just torture yourself.  I struggle so much with it to this day, but I am getting better and my faith has been a huge part of that improvement.  I feel for you man because I know firsthand the pain that goes with it.  I am trying to focus on a more positive future rather than blame for the past.
uberman
Getbig V

« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »

It all ended at the end of June.  I was so fucking out of my mind with the drugs and everything going on.  I ended up not just losing her, but nearly my life in the process.  It is the worst feeling to blame yourself for it all.  It is so hard to point to someone you truly love and say that they wronged you and that they were also to blame for what went wrong.  It is easier in a sick way to just torture yourself.  I struggle so much with it to this day, but I am getting better and my faith has been a huge part of that improvement.  I feel for you man because I know firsthand the pain that goes with it.  I am trying to focus on a more positive future rather than blame for the past.
we all make mistakes, but some more than others, bigger ones than others; we cant always correct them, so we have to move on even with huge regrets that slowly kill us for the rest of our lives. So the best is to avoid big regrets and big mistakes; it requires great support and great choices.
SF1900
Getbig V

« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »

I was in the lowest point in my life and was contemplating suicide daily.  I was already slowly dying and didn't know it (results of injury and surgery....longer story  Wink.  I was fully depressed, angry, bitter and fearful.  I was irrational and unloving and ready to be done with it all.  The bleakest moments would come and go, but the darkness enveloped me when alone at night.....it was a tangible presence of oppression outside of myself I didn't choose but had a stronghold on me. 

Finally in desperation I surrendered to the Lord and his glory and presence enveloped me and filled me and chased away the oppression and illogical dread.  I didn't will away the oppression.....I was delivered from it!!  All I did was call upon on the Lord in humility, in faith and in surrender and his powerful presence caused the darkness to flee!! 

From that point forward I was changed and I now live for the Lord and encourage others to do the same.

Gee, can't you discuss anything else BUT religion? Is your brain and mind that small that you cannot think or talk about anything else?

I feel really sorry for you.  Undecided Undecided
uberman
Getbig V

« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »

Gee, can't you discuss anything else BUT religion? Is your brain and mind that small that you cannot think or talk about anything else?

I feel really sorry for you.  Undecided Undecided
Religion, or let's say, SPIRITUALITY is a major matter... as we said it in another thread, we re all animals struggling to insure our survival, but the way we survive , the way we dominate, submit, cooperate or flee is underlined by our deep beliefs and values = one's spiritual beliefs. For some reasons tho going into this get some people very angry. Funny, i wonder why  Roll Eyes
Radical Plato
Getbig V

« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »

Religion, or let's say, SPIRITUALITY is a major matter... as we said it in another thread, we re all animals struggling to insure our survival, but the way we survive , the way we dominate, submit, cooperate or flee is underlined by our deep beliefs and values = one's spiritual beliefs. For some reasons tho going into this get some people very angry. Funny, i wonder why  Roll Eyes
What a load of shit!  Spirituality is IRRELEVANT, it is superfluous to the human condition and if anything is nothing more than an impediment.  Just look at the animal kingdom, it gets along just fine without any supernatural beliefs.  A human being could live there whole life and never hear of scripture or god or jesus and wouldn''t be affected, they would be none the wiser. Religion is simply a crutch for the weak.  PERIOD !

V
uberman
Getbig V

« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »

What a load of shit!  Spirituality is IRRELEVANT, it is superfluous to the human condition and if anything is nothing more than an impediment.  Just look at the animal kingdom, it gets along just fine without any supernatural beliefs.  A human being could live there whole life and never hear of scripture or god or jesus and wouldn''t be affected, they would be none the wiser. Religion is simply a crutch for the weak.  PERIOD !
So you re strong cause you re a die hard atheist, and all weak believers are your enemies right?  Wink
The True Adonis
Getbig V

"We Will Correct All This."

« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

Religion and Spirituality is made for morons by morons. 

E
galeniko
Getbig V

« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »

Religion and Spirituality is made for morons by morons. 
i thinks its made by smart ppl for dumb ppl Cheesy

n
Alex23
Time Out
Getbig IV

www.ripped.org

« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »

This thread is going nowhere.

Depression is just a consequence of societal stacking and "organization". Nothing to do with "biological" or "genetic" failure. Wolfox, get help chief, you don't need to suffer. Our Western society was smart enough to figure out how to re-balance you chemically and there' nothing wrong with it.

GodSpeed chief. Hope you fell better. Lay off the "juice".
BigRo
Competitors
Getbig IV

I am that I am

« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44:04 PM »

Period, your having your period if you think spirituality only means scriptures, god, jesus and belief in the supernatural. There is nothing more humanizing and beneficial to the world than authentic spirituality that yokes ones errant and divided body/mind in to unity and harmony with cosmos, nature and fellow man.
Radical Plato
Getbig V

« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2013, 10:10:34 PM »

So you re strong cause you re a die hard atheist, and all weak believers are your enemies right?  Wink
Being an atheist has nothing to do with it, I don't even identify with atheism.  I lean more towards agnosticism.  But yes, I am stronger than those who don't have the constitution to deal with life and it's harsh realities without believing in fantasy and the power of wishful thinking.  God botherers are like mommys boys, incapable of letting go of their mothers apron strings.  

I do not consider believers my enemies, but I certainly wouldn't spend a great deal of time with them.  Mainly because they are closed minded and incapable of thinking independently and critically about reality, conversations with them are comparable to having healthy teeth pulled out of your mouth with pliers.  

I also consider the way they indoctrinate their children as akin to child abuse and it is not pretty to watch.  One of my brothers married a Religious zealot who has indoctrinated their children.  It was too painful to watch, I no longer associate with him or his crazy religious nut of a wife.  Having some religious Nutter constantly trying to convert other people to stupidity is too much to tolerate.

V
Dago_Joe
Getbig III

« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

It's not torture, just man up and deal with it.  And dago is full of shit .  He is simply pissed off because he acted like a cun+ and lost someone he cared about, he is upset that he feels punished for this.  He doesn't seek forgiveness, he simply wants to not hurt anymore because of him acting like a twat, but if he pushed others way with his anger and hostility, he deserves what he gets.  Dago, now that he has found the light sounds more tormented than ever.

Forgiveness, simply described it's letting go of wanting revenge on the other (it has nothing to do with God).  So if you are seeking forgiveness from someone else you have to redeem yourself, if they still don't let go of their resentment towards you there isn't much you can do.  Life isn't perfect, and it is more about learning to live with complex emotions than it is being restored to a balanced equilibrium.

Oh wow dude, where does all this hatred and bitterness come from?  So according to you if I apologize for what i did and try to fix things, I am only doing it to make myself feel better?  Hey buddy, do me a favor:  speak for yourself all you want, but don't ever put words in my mouth.  How the fuck do you know if I am repentant or not?  I seek forgiveness for the reason that any good person would:  because i truly am sorry i hurt her in any way and will do anything to make things better or right again.  How in the fuck do you think that is selfish?  I am believing you are trolling now.   I said I was tortured by the guilt over my part in the breakup and was trying to get over it.  Does that make me a scumbag twat like you said too?  What exactly is a "good and normal" person to you?  It seems like all you see in the world is darkness.  You said you embrace darkness or something to that effect. I have never in my life met someone who is so hateful.  Do you love anyone at all or are all humans just empty hollow automatons to you?  I am trying hard to see your point other than attacking anything spiritual or positive.  I will do what you ask EKul:  I won't pray for you.  Im not a missionary or preacher, I'm trying to get my life on track again and don't have the energy now for you. Maybe someday soon I will be ready like man of steel is to take the message of hope to others. but today is not that day.  All the things you said about me being full of shit and a c*nt, whatever dude have a great life.  I am really glad I posted what I did because man of steel pm'd me and he helped me a lot, he's a really inspirational and  good dude.   Do you think you inspire anything at all positive in people you interact with E-kul?  I dont hate you, i dont pity you, i wont pray for you, and basically is just wont do anything for you because you said you dont need or want any help.  Good luck with your life, man.
Radical Plato
Getbig V

« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2013, 01:23:49 AM »

Oh wow dude, where does all this hatred and bitterness come from?  So according to you if I apologize for what i did and try to fix things, I am only doing it to make myself feel better?  Hey buddy, do me a favor:  speak for yourself all you want, but don't ever put words in my mouth.  How the fuck do you know if I am repentant or not?  I seek forgiveness for the reason that any good person would:  because i truly am sorry i hurt her in any way and will do anything to make things better or right again.  How in the fuck do you think that is selfish?  I am believing you are trolling now.   I said I was tortured by the guilt over my part in the breakup and was trying to get over it.  Does that make me a scumbag twat like you said too?  What exactly is a "good and normal" person to you?  It seems like all you see in the world is darkness.  You said you embrace darkness or something to that effect. I have never in my life met someone who is so hateful.  Do you love anyone at all or are all humans just empty hollow automatons to you?  I am trying hard to see your point other than attacking anything spiritual or positive.  I will do what you ask EKul:  I won't pray for you.  Im not a missionary or preacher, I'm trying to get my life on track again and don't have the energy now for you. Maybe someday soon I will be ready like man of steel is to take the message of hope to others. but today is not that day.  All the things you said about me being full of shit and a c*nt, whatever dude have a great life.  I am really glad I posted what I did because man of steel pm'd me and he helped me a lot, he's a really inspirational and  good dude.   Do you think you inspire anything at all positive in people you interact with E-kul?  I dont hate you, i dont pity you, i wont pray for you, and basically is just wont do anything for you because you said you dont need or want any help.  Good luck with your life, man.
Touch a nerve did I.  For a getbigger you are quite sensitive. 

V
James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2013, 01:29:45 AM »

i thinks its made by smart ppl for dumb ppl Cheesy

This.

I wish I can convince myself to believe in shite like that but unfortunately I ask 'Why' while other people just accept the line without question.

Man of Steel think 'God' came over him. In reality the hormonal balance in his body corrected itself and he felt at peace. Apparently 'God' did it.

Radical Plato
Getbig V

« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »

This.

I wish I can convince myself to believe in shite like that but unfortunately I ask 'Why' while other people just accept the line without question.

Man of Steel think 'God' came over him. In reality the hormonal balance in his body corrected itself and he felt at peace. Apparently 'God' did it.
Maybe GOD did cum over him !  Grin  But seriously, I think god botherers just have trouble living with uncertainty and not knowing, it causes them to much anxiety and misery, so they opt for a nice fairy tale. You ever notice how all their religious beliefs, like heaven and vicarious redemption happen to coincide with what they wish to be true what seems like the best option.  I mean wouldn't it be lovely if prayers really were answered and that all we needed to enter an eternal paradise was to suspend rational and critical thinking and put our faith in a wrathful deity.  

Anyway, it is time for my daily prayer, today I am praying that religious zealots realise that prayer doesn't work and has no more power than wishful thinking.

V
Dago_Joe
Getbig III

« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »

Maybe GOD did cum over him !  Grin  But seriously, I think god botherers just have trouble living with uncertainty and not knowing, it causes them to much anxiety and misery, so they opt for a nice fairy tale. You ever notice how all their religious beliefs, like heaven and vicarious redemption happen to coincide with what they wish to be true what seems like the best option.  I mean wouldn't it be lovely if prayers really were answered and that all we needed to enter an eternal paradise was to suspend rational and critical thinking and put our faith in a wrathful deity.  

Anyway, it is time for my daily prayer, today I am praying that religious zealots realise that prayer doesn't work and has no more power than wishful thinking.

See now I know you are just trolling.  For someone who has such a huge problem with zealots, you are pretty zealous with your trolling.  I just find it odd the amount of effort you put into your trolling.  Were you a Roman Catholic as a child?  Did something bad happen to you?  That would make sense for you to hate religion so much, but if you legit just hate people who are trying to live good honest lives with God in it, well I don't know what to say to you other than goodbye and good luck with all that.  You win troll of the year award.
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »

Smiley

* jump.gif (480.47 KB, 400x222 - viewed 106 times.)
funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »

Smiley
but seriously maybe you should get a pet like a dog or cat. caring and thinking about something or someone else besides yourself could be beneficial. whenever i'm feeling depressed i go see my dog who usually changes my mood almost instantly. sometimes it's fear.....

* white f 51 lbs.jpg (27.62 KB, 600x450 - viewed 236 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!