Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 38339 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Dealing with depression
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:48:19 AM »
Anyone else ever dealt with depression? Lately I've been feeling really down in the dumps. Not the normal feeling down but like a lower level of downess. Im just really sad. I'm not looking for anyones sympathy so please. im just curious if anyone has ever dealt with depression and how they deal with it. If I had insurance I would think about going to see a doc.

A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: Dealing with depression
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
Do you drink heavily?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
Do you drink heavily?

No. No alcohol or drugs.
A

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »
Do more cardio, take fish oils, drink green tea, jerk off less, adjust diet, phenibut and other nootropics if necessary...

if all else fails, inject testosterone in abundance and chew on dbol like tic tacs

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
I read on article on CNN about an unofficial diagnosis called "almost depression".  The way it was described was pretty much spot on to how I feel at times.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
No. No alcohol or drugs.

Alcohol is pretty much the only thing that can depress me, along with a bad skag from coke but I don't really use it often

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
I get wicked seasonal affective disorder if I don't supplement w vitamin D.

Beyond that, I'd imagine getting in shape and finding gainful employment will go a long way towards your sense of well-being

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
You need to identify the cause and correct that.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
I should be happier now that I've got a job now but I'm not. I made a lot of mistakes in my life and am sorry for it. But I can't go back in time and fix these things. Am I doomed to suffering?  :(
A

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »
Cocaine and a hooker.    I'll send you a bill later-  Hell even better, I'll bill your insurance company.
a

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
Hope this is a serious post because I will answer it like it is.  I have and am suffering now.  I know what you mean about knowing it is not the normal blues but much worse.  You just know inside it is not normal.  I did go to a shrink on was put on medication and looking back I am not sure how much it helped.  It may or may not have.  All I know is that it was not easy by any means.  I found that there were certain people who could just make me feel better and "forget" about it all while I was with them.  Seek these people out and be around them whenever possible.  I wish I had a concrete answer to give you about how to get through it but there is none other than if you feel it is going too far into the darkness and you are going to hurt yourself, go to a hospital tell them what you are thinking and let them help you.  Other than that, try to find anything positive that does not hurt others that you can do to boost your mood.  There are supplements and drugs that help but they are not a cure.  The only cure is unfortunately time because it feels like it will never end.  It does though.  Good luck to us both, I know I need it.  

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »

what if its incorrectable?
A

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »

That is not a word.
a

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »
I should be happier now that I've got a job now but I'm not. I made a lot of mistakes in my life and am sorry for it. But I can't go back in time and fix these things. Am I doomed to suffering?  :(

Lighten up my man. Nothing is that bad. Watch a few comedy skits on YouTube. Take a trip (even if you have to borrow the money; which I don't advise if you're a dumbass with money), or new hobby. Sounds lame but it works.

If all else fails, look at a few photos 'BigMac (meal)' posted. The delusion should inspire hysterical laugher  :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »

I agree. Most depression is due to environment IMO Just change your environment.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »

Oh boy are we in the same boat.  You will get told over and over the truth but will not accept it until you are ready to and then you will feel better.  I know because I am the same way.  The truth is that a lot of the time I blame myself COMPLETELY for everything that has gone wrong or anything bad that happened to me.  That is simply not true.  Am I responsible partially?  of course.  It is when I drive myself crazy by blaming myself fully for everything that I get really depressed and anxious.  I need to take my own advice more often so I know how hard it is.  Just try not to blame yourself completely and like you said there is nothing you can do to change what happened.  Focus on what you have some power over:  what you do and feel from now on.  You got to me with your post.  I feel the same thing all the time and when I let it become all i think about is when I get really down.  Try looking at IronMeister's photoshops if you need a laugh.  I don't care how depressed I am, seeing all his Tbombz photoshops makes me laugh every time. 

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »
Hope this is a serious post because I will answer it like it is.  I have and am suffering now.  I know what you mean about knowing it is not the normal blues but much worse.  You just know inside it is not normal.  I did go to a shrink on was put on medication and looking back I am not sure how much it helped.  It may or may not have.  All I know is that it was not easy by any means.  I found that there were certain people who could just make me feel better and "forget" about it all while I was with them.  Seek these people out and be around them whenever possible.  I wish I had a concrete answer to give you about how to get through it but there is none other than if you feel it is going too far into the darkness and you are going to hurt yourself, go to a hospital tell them what you are thinking and let them help you.  Other than that, try to find anything positive that does not hurt others that you can do to boost your mood.  There are supplements and drugs that help but they are not a cure.  The only cure is unfortunately time because it feels like it will never end.  It does though.  Good luck to us both, I know I need it.  

This is a serious post. I think that's good advice about finding someone that would make me happy. But I fear that would just mask the depression temporarily and then if I breakup with that person or something happens I would be back in the dumps again. I don't want to be too dependent on someone.
A

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:29 AM »
the only cure is the  "sweet release of death", Godspeed my friend  :)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:35 AM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:55 AM »
I agree. Most depression is due to environment IMO Just change your environment.
I think the cause is internal. So he needs to search within.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »

everything in life can be fixed

if you are being serious then you should probably talk to someone in real life

airing your shit on get big is invaraibly a bad idea
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »
Are you a permabulker?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
Oh boy are we in the same boat.  You will get told over and over the truth but will not accept it until you are ready to and then you will feel better.  I know because I am the same way.  The truth is that a lot of the time I blame myself COMPLETELY for everything that has gone wrong or anything bad that happened to me.  That is simply not true.  Am I responsible partially?  of course.  It is when I drive myself crazy by blaming myself fully for everything that I get really depressed and anxious.  I need to take my own advice more often so I know how hard it is.  Just try not to blame yourself completely and like you said there is nothing you can do to change what happened.  Focus on what you have some power over:  what you do and feel from now on.  You got to me with your post.  I feel the same thing all the time and when I let it become all i think about is when I get really down.  Try looking at IronMeister's photoshops if you need a laugh.  I don't care how depressed I am, seeing all his Tbombz photoshops makes me laugh every time. 

Focus on what I have some power over.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
everything in life can be fixed

if you are being serious then you should probably talk to someone in real life

airing your shit on get big is invaraibly a bad idea

Not so sure everything can be fixed. Sometimes you have to reap what you sow.
A

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 10:14:52 AM »
This is a serious post. I think that's good advice about finding someone that would make me happy. But I fear that would just mask the depression temporarily and then if I breakup with that person or something happens I would be back in the dumps again. I don't want to be too dependent on someone.

Doesnt need to be romantic in fact probably shouldnt be in the shape you are in.  I meant your mom, dad, sister, whoever.  Yeah romantic stuff when depressed will NEVER end well.  Stay away.  Lean on the people you know you can trust and whom trust you.  Just open up to someone and when all that pain comes out it is like a weight is off of you.  IT wont get better instantly but you will improve for sure.  I really feel for you man, I am also going through this and have gone through it before so i know how hard it can be.  The guilt and self-loathing is so toxic to your soul.  just keep reminding yourself that you are sorry for what you did or what happened and that you will not do it again.  The future is wide open but the past is closed.   You will notice though that as time passes you will come back to life again.  Unless you found out you have some terminal disease and are going to die soon, EVERYTHING else will pass.