Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 38328 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Dealing with depression
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »
Been feeling lowish since competing at the weekend even though I won overall and walked away with money in hand, shows the pre contest zone was keeping me in a different state of mind and consciousness and thats what I enjoy most about competitive bodybuilding, hard to re adjust without the immanent event appoaching.

Some good suggestions in this thread so far I will add meditation and yoga postures in to the mix also Irishdave was right in saying jerk off less, let that energy work in you to motivate you to do productive things and also reach out to a real woman for love affection and satisfying sex.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »
a lot of good advice here

i also think it helps to have goals, if you are working towards something the small progress you make along the way can help you feel better

E
E

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2013, 01:49:15 PM »
Oh ya great advice, take some fucking drugs. Stop being such a pussy. Your depression is nothing but a choice on how you live your life. Take all this shit advice and its not going to stop. Read up on things like the laws of attraction. Your depressing thoughts are whats causing depression. Sit there and whine like a little bitch or grab your balls and act like a fucking man.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2013, 01:51:15 PM »
  depression is horrible    hope you get better wolf

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
Oh ya great advice, take some fucking drugs. Stop being such a pussy. Your depression is nothing but a choice on how you live your life. Take all this shit advice and its not going to stop. Read up on things like the laws of attraction. Your depressing thoughts are whats causing depression. Sit there and whine like a little bitch or grab your balls and act like a fucking man.

lol your in to the Secret haha fuck thats depressing  ;D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
Been feeling lowish since competing at the weekend even though I won overall and walked away with money in hand, shows the pre contest zone was keeping me in a different state of mind and consciousness and thats what I enjoy most about competitive bodybuilding, hard to re adjust without the immanent event appoaching.

Some good suggestions in this thread so far I will add meditation and yoga postures in to the mix also Irishdave was right in saying jerk off less, let that energy work in you to motivate you to do productive things and also reach out to a real woman for love affection and satisfying sex.

yah one would think that after going full leans all dehydrated, a trance like state, that theyd feel happy as soon they drink and eat again.

but what happens is some weird hollowness, emptyness, a latent depressive state of mind.

well, for me, its like that bc i know you gotta give up that best shape, i can only get "worse" from there :D

i heard going off gear causes many to fall into a depression, but that depends, some are actualy glad to come off once in a while, some cant bear the size loss.
n

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
I have been battling severe depression for many years now, and let me tell you battling your mental demons is one of the hardest things in this world. You cannot escape yourself. I have suicidal thoughts every single day, and you get to the point your mind just drains all the life out of you.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
 depression is hell

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2013, 06:19:25 PM »
You don't have to worry anymore. I am out of timeout.

From my experience with my brother, medication is just an excuse.

He gets depressed whenever he faces difficult challenges in life.

He has had his medication dosages increased. It didn't help.

Don't rely on pills to make you feel better.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »
I have been battling severe depression for many years now, and let me tell you battling your mental demons is one of the hardest things in this world. You cannot escape yourself. I have suicidal thoughts every single day, and you get to the point your mind just drains all the life out of you.

jesus henry christ dude.. figure out whats wrong with you and get the help u need.
i've been depressed for last 2 weeks, thought of offing myself about twice but things really aren't that bad. yet.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2013, 06:27:21 PM »
jesus henry christ dude.. figure out whats wrong with you and get the help u need.
i've been depressed for last 2 weeks, thought of offing myself about twice but things really aren't that bad. yet.
i found-i know sounds easier than it is-relearning to be happy about small things in life helps being lucky thoughout the day.

basicaly the opposite mindset to "reaching for the skies".

n

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »
i found-i know sounds easier than it is-relearning to be happy about small things in life helps being lucky thoughout the day.

basicaly the opposite mindset to "reaching for the skies".

i agree, studs really have nothing to be depressed about.. all made up in your head.

u are just a jaded sob gal

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
  So now wolf is gone?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
Hope this is a serious post because I will answer it like it is.  I have and am suffering now.  I know what you mean about knowing it is not the normal blues but much worse.  You just know inside it is not normal.  I did go to a shrink on was put on medication and looking back I am not sure how much it helped.  It may or may not have.  All I know is that it was not easy by any means.  I found that there were certain people who could just make me feel better and "forget" about it all while I was with them.  Seek these people out and be around them whenever possible.  I wish I had a concrete answer to give you about how to get through it but there is none other than if you feel it is going too far into the darkness and you are going to hurt yourself, go to a hospital tell them what you are thinking and let them help you.  Other than that, try to find anything positive that does not hurt others that you can do to boost your mood.  There are supplements and drugs that help but they are not a cure.  The only cure is unfortunately time because it feels like it will never end.  It does though.  Good luck to us both, I know I need it.  
well when humans realize they are useless and nobody cares about them, when they figure they re lacking stuff they ll never be able to get, they get "depressed". It s when you realize we re just animals. You dont need an horrible life to be depressed, just like you dont need to be rich to be happy. Being depressed is genetical, and failing or suffering too much for too long makes you slowly sink into despair. So you stick to your hobbies, etc you do the things that make you feel good, hoping to reach the next top of the wave, then a failure, and you down again, and again, like a rollercoaster. How to stay aways at the top?
I d say find things to do you really love, you re passionate about, create, get in the flow of the process, it's called the sublimation process; it acts as a drug, an anti depressant; just like any other activity. It helps numbing your senses , you know the whole thing is vain and cruel, but at least you re in your little bubble doing your thing, it encourages dopamine, serotonin production in your brain and you dont care aymore. You then build projects, hopes, you visualize stuff you want to reach, and voila, you re not depressed anymore, and you enjoy going to work and facing people daily who want to kill you , with more ease. They re just a mean to an end, the end being you doing the stuff you like. Problem is when you have nothing you like , feel good doing, and only have a shit job and maybe a shit lonely life with no woman or kids or family. Hobbies and personal proejcts, goals, are important. You cant feel happy just emptying your balls, drinking, eating, lifting weights, working, you need something more, you need the whole package. Also not sure if it s of any help but, look at people around you ; most are as depressed as you. And we all have the same strategies to cope with that inner deep sadness. I think that creating stuff whatever what you create is very important. At the end of the day tho, we re still all animals fighting each others randomly and indefinitely to death while pretending otherwise. That's the bottom , dead end of deep thinking, you cant go further. It s also a normal process to realize the limitations of what human life has to offer. Some are more limited than others, its unfair. As you age you have less and less oportunities and less and less stamina. Most people stick to doing what thy always liked to do, their little daily routine.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2013, 07:25:42 PM »
  Try looking at IronMeister's photoshops if you need a laugh.  I don't care how depressed I am, seeing all his Tbombz photoshops makes me laugh every time. 
yeah laughing at other people problems and feeling better than them is a powerful anti depressant. The irony is that when you re depressed, people can tell, smell it , just like fear, and feel better about their lives too, just looking at you, and you know it.

Nobody wants you when you lose, cause we re animals, and in nature, the weak die and nobody cares. Again humans only help the weak cause it gives jobs and salaries to others humans who benefit from it. We all exploit someone's else weakness to make a living.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »
well when humans realize they are useless and nobody cares about them, when they figure they re lacking stuff they ll never be able to get, they get "depressed". It s when you realize we re just animals. You dont need an horrible life to be depressed, just like you dont need to be rich to be happy. Being depressed is genetical, and failing or suffering too much for too long makes you slowly sink into despair. So you stick to your hobbies, etc you do the things that make you feel good, hoping to reach the next top of the wave, then a failure, and you down again, and again, like a rollercoaster. How to stay aways at the top?
I d say find things to do you really love, you re passionate about, create, get in the flow of the process, it's called the sublimation process; it acts as a drug, an anti depressant; just like any other activity. It helps numbing your senses , you know the whole thing is vain and cruel, but at least you re in your little bubble doing your thing, it encourages dopamine, serotonin production in your brain and you dont care aymore. You then build projects, hopes, you visualize stuff you want to reach, and voila, you re not depressed anymore, and you enjoy going to work and facing people daily who want to kill you , with more ease. They re just a mean to an end, the end being you doing the stuff you like. Problem is when you have nothing you like , feel good doing, and only have a shit job and maybe a shit lonely life with no woman or kids or family. Hobbies and personal proejcts, goals, are important. You cant feel happy just emptying your balls, drinking, eating, lifting weights, working, you need something more, you need the whole package. Also not sure if it s of any help but, look at people around you ; most are as depressed as you. And we all have the same strategies to cope with that inner deep sadness. I think that creating stuff whatever what you create is very important. At the end of the day tho, we re still all animals fighting each others randomly and indefinitely to death while pretending otherwise. That's the bottom , dead end of deep thinking, you cant go further. It s also a normal process to realize the limitations of what human life has to offer. Some are more limited than others, its unfair. As you age you have less and less oportunities and less and less stamina. Most people stick to doing what thy always liked to do, their little daily routine.
Cliff notes fag! No way that is one paragraph

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
i agree, studs really have nothing to be depressed about.. all made up in your head.

u are just a jaded sob gal
nah was serious, had to come down from the life in the skies
n

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »
If you are past the age of 30 and don't suffer from some form of depression you are either an idiot or you are in denial.  Maybe both.

This is normal dude.  Try to find something or someone to spice things up.  It'll pass.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »
Anyone else ever dealt with depression? Lately I've been feeling really down in the dumps. Not the normal feeling down but like a lower level of downess. Im just really sad. I'm not looking for anyones sympathy so please. im just curious if anyone has ever dealt with depression and how they deal with it. If I had insurance I would think about going to see a doc.

You are depressed because you are a deeply self centred douchebag with little to no substance.  Your obsessive concern for yourself has rendered you miserable.  Hope this helps  ;D

You deserve to be depressed, it is your only chance at becoming a decent human being.
V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »
If you are past the age of 30 and don't suffer from some form of depression you are either an idiot or you are in denial.  Maybe both.

This is normal dude.  Try to find something or someone to spice things up.  It'll pass.

His bf is out if timeout so maybe they can share a glass of wine and cuddle.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
 wolf and shizz need to post at the same time

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

One would have to climb out from under the desk. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »
What???? Are you questioning my honesty?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »
  No way shizz. I am trying to prove to every one that you are not a liar. I had your back. I said that you do not have any fake accounts. I almost got banned over helping you. Do not make me be the liar. I trust you. Wolf is another person. He should post to get your back and prove that you are not lying and hence making me be a liar too.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
 No way shizz. I am trying to prove to every one that you are not a liar. I had your back. I said that you do not have any fake accounts. I almost got banned over helping you. Do not make me be the liar. I trust you. Wolf is another person. He should post to get your back and prove that you are not lying and hence making me be a liar too.
Thanks. We just have to wait for Wiggs to log in.