Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 38662 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Dealing with depression
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2013, 01:58:43 AM »
depression is a serious issue

I hope he wasn't using this thread as a way to get people to stop giving him shit

we have to give him the benefit of the doubt

it would be pretty low to use mental illness for your own devices

people need to go easy on him
T

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2013, 02:08:40 AM »
mdma cures everything

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2013, 02:14:10 AM »
As advised by some here I have been seeking inspiration in religion.

I was raised Christian but the words, passion and imagery in this video have touched me. The message here is very similar to what I learned growing up while going to sunday bible study.

A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2013, 02:30:22 AM »
I disagree. I take what he says seriously. You idea of tough love maybe reflect how you were raised or what you despise in yourself.
I take depression seriously, just not the depression of deluded morons.  I just think Wolfox's problem is he is a self centred arsehole and he doesn't realise it, that's why he is miserable.  I've been depressed, a lot of people have.  Wolfox should get help if that's the case, not take it too an Internet forum.  My advice for Wolfox to cure his depression would be to kill himself, that way we wouldn't have to listen to the idiot drone on about his problems.  ;D
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2013, 02:36:12 AM »
I take depression seriously, just not the depression of deluded morons.  I just think Wolfox's problem is he is a self centred arsehole and he doesn't realise it, that's why he is miserable.  I've been depressed, a lot of people have.  Wolfox should get help if that's the case, not take it too an Internet forum.  My advice for Wolfox to cure his depression would be to kill himself, that way we wouldn't have to listen to the idiot drone on about his problems.  ;D
You have much to learn still in this life.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2013, 02:38:45 AM »
You have much to learn still in this life.
Don't we all  ;D
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2013, 02:41:53 AM »
As advised by some here I have been seeking inspiration in religion.

I was raised Christian but the words, passion and imagery in this video have touched me. The message here is very similar to what I learned growing up while going to sunday bible study.

Islam is the perfect choice for self centred arseholes, you can remain the miserable cun+ you are, but at least now with Islam you can justify it.
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2013, 02:42:37 AM »

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2013, 02:46:02 AM »
Islam is the perfect choice for self centred arseholes, you can remain the miserable cun+ you are, but at least now with Islam you can justify it.

I didn't say I was converting to Islam or anything like that. Its just the message of forgiveness touched me and reminded me of what I learned growing up in Christianity.

Also, you seem to be a hateful little man. Maybe you need some Jesus in your life.
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2013, 02:55:19 AM »
I didn't say I was converting to Islam or anything like that. Its just the message of forgiveness touched me and reminded me of what I learned growing up in Christianity.

Also, you seem to be a hateful little man. Maybe you need some Jesus in your life.
Sounds like an emotional reply.  Can't argue with someone crying.

I think one of the most disgusting aspects of religion is the idea of being forgiven for your sins, to cast your sins onto an imaginary scapegoat won't help you take responsibility.  Vicarious redemption  sets up a belief system that gives one permission to harm others based on the belief they won't have to pay for it if they only seek divine forgiveness.  One should suffer after harming another (unless harming the other was justified), they should feel the wrath of such action, this is where the lesson is learned.  If one is too simply cast aside one's sins and forget about them because they believe they have been forgiven, they will remain wretched and unconsciously tortured by their deeds.  

If you have wronged someone, it is their forgiveness you need, if they won't forgive you then redeem yourself in their eyes.  If none of that is possible at least try and not behave like that again.  Hold onto the pangs of guilt and shame, it is these feelings that will potentially prevent you from repeating the same sins over and over again.

Oh, and I just hate self centred arseholes who have no self awareness.  Personally, I hope you kill yourself.  ;D
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2013, 03:07:22 AM »
I think one of the most disgusting aspects of religion is the idea of being forgiven for your sins, to cast your sins onto an imaginary scapegoat won't help you take responsibility.  Vicarious redemption  sets up a belief system that gives one permission to harm others based on the belief they won't have to pay for it if they only seek divine forgiveness.  One should suffer after harming another (unless harming the other was justified), they should feel the wrath of such action, this is where the lesson is learned.  If one is too simply cast aside one's sins and forget about them because they believe they have been forgiven, they will remain wretched and unconsciously tortured by their deeds.  

If you have wronged someone, it is their forgiveness you need, if they won't forgive you then redeem yourself in their eyes.  If none of that is possible at least try and not behave like that again.  Hold onto the pangs of guilt and shame, it is these feelings that will potentially prevent you from repeating the same sins over and over again.

Oh, and I just hate self centred arseholes who have no self awareness.  Personally, I hope you kill yourself.  ;D

Actually we are taught that there are several steps before forgiveness can be granted. It's not as easy as asking God to forgive.
A

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2013, 03:08:06 AM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2013, 03:08:39 AM »
Actually we are taught that there are several steps before forgiveness can be granted. It's not as easy as asking god to forgive.
You need to forgive and forget .. simple .. nobody will do it for you

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2013, 03:13:09 AM »

So true. But first there must be redemption. Only then can I free my mind.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley, Redemption Song

A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:53 AM »
Forgiveness is such a vague concept. I suppose it could be described as no longer wanting vengeance on the perpetrator of harm upon oneself.  The problem is the majority of people have no idea the harm they cause others, due to psychological defenses most people justify beliefs or actions that lead to others suffering.  Forgiveness should be coupled with redemption and only stopped when the victim is satisfied the other will no longer cause them harm or distress.

Considering this, I think it is impossible (even unnatural) to forgive or forget those who have harmed us or continue to do so without apology and redemption.  The best one can hope to achieve is becoming accustomed to sitting with such strong emotion without taking it out on innocent parties.
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2013, 03:18:14 AM »
So true. But first there must be redemption. Only then I can free my mind.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley

My friend, don't quote a man who beat his wife and cheated on her many time, a drug addict who sings about one love bla bla .. he was a puppet.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:25 AM »
Forgiveness is such a vague concept. I suppose it could be described as no longer wanting vengeance on the perpetrator of harm upon oneself.  The problem is the majority of people have no idea the harm they cause others, due to psychological defenses most people justify beliefs or actions that lead to others suffering.  Forgiveness should be coupled with redemption and only stopped when the victim is satisfied the other will no longer cause them harm or distress.

Considering this, I think it is impossible (even unnatural) to forgive or forget those who have harmed us or continue to do so without apology and redemption.  The best one can hope to achieve is becoming accustomed to sitting with such strong emotion without taking it out on innocent parties.
Many words that don't say much. I cannot pour the ocean in a glass of water. Learn first what chicken is  ;D

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2013, 03:20:10 AM »
sev bringing the knowledge in this thread

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2013, 03:21:21 AM »
overthinking/getting into avanced theories aka falcon territory can lead one open for depression

while it is great to compile advanced theories, you move past your daily simple life routine of just enjoying life as you did when you were a kid

so when your depressed just do simple minded things and not think too much, just enjoy whatever your doing, when in depression is not a time to be too 'advanced' in your way of thinking

there is a time to be advanced and open up to all the possibilites and be vulnerable to a quick onset of depression out of nowhere. just have this 'advanced thought' undercontrol where you can block it out and revert back to simpilar times or simpler ways
A

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2013, 03:22:02 AM »
Falcon has spoken.... thread

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2013, 03:22:52 AM »
Many words that don't say much. I cannot pour the ocean in a glass of water. Learn first what chicken is  ;D
Nobody wants your ocean or for you to fill their glass, you have little to offer.  You love to sell yourself as some type of spiritual guru.  We are all human, revenge, hatred and all things nasty are part of the human condition, you are not above it and you certainly haven't transcended it.  The most spiritual beings are the most human, not those who pretend to be above the human condition floating above everyone else.
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »
Hmmm great knowledge from both Sev and E-kul. Interesting. And I'm being totally serious.
A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2013, 03:27:49 AM »
Nobody wants your ocean or for you to fill their glass, you have little to offer.
Since when blind men have become art critics?  ;D

On a serious note, it would take a book to explain it all.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2013, 03:28:12 AM »
Falcon has spoken.... thread

yes he just needs to learn how to control the two ways of thinking
(to keep it simple) and keep them in harmoney

1 ignorance, bliss, simpler times, simple familiar routines, having fun, relaxing = you think life is good and are happy

2 depression stems from thinking ALOT, developing advanced concepts of life and sciences = you realize life is very complex and you learn new things but can be open for depression with all this new information

while number 2 brings the most depression, it is also a necessisty to investigate life in all sorts of ways. the more you open your mind to the more heavy shit can get, you can lose your mind a little and be overcome with fear , but know how to make the safe escape back to number 1
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2013, 03:29:59 AM »
Also good stuff from Falcon. Keep the mind simple and busy. Too much pondering can turn bad.
A