Author Topic: Have any of you chaps ever just packed your shit and left to a new city?  (Read 9984 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Have any of you chaps ever just packed your shit and left to a new city?
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2013, 01:11:38 PM »
 walter and wiggs are two good people. how can any one ever wish bad on them? no way. I hope only the best happens to them. shit, I hope both win the power ball. twice.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2013, 01:16:23 PM »
Yes. Caracas, Venezuela.  A long long time ago. It was great and then it went bad, real bad.

If you're going to do it, do it now.
a

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
Yes. Caracas, Venezuela.  A long long time ago. It was great and then it went bad, real bad.

Tell us Tommy. What went bad?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2013, 01:19:11 PM »
Plenty of guys on here have had their shit packed.

Don't know about the leaving part.

^

:D ;D  I just spit out my drink!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »

Why now? What's up?

lol. It went bad. I can only imagine.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »
Why now? What's up?

lol. It went bad. I can only imagine.

Crime ridden country when Chavez took over...my girl is from there....major cities loose electricity for days,sometimes no milk in any store for a week, and daily kidnappings right off the street in broad daylight.

...don't let the Sean Pennn buddy buddy bullshit fool you.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
with that said, you are young, smart and full of energy so if you really want to then I say go for it.

Come on man, I get that you're trying to be encouraging, but let's not be unreasonable here.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »
I have , Chicago  to Mexico , Mexico to Argentina , Argentina to Miami , Miami to Minnesota .

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
walter and wiggs are two good people. how can any one ever wish bad on them? no way. I hope only the best happens to them. shit, I hope both win the power ball. twice.

X2

seem like a couple of the nicest guys on here.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »
A lot of getbiggers are big into packing shit.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »
I have , Chicago  to Mexico , Mexico to Argentina , Argentina to Miami , Miami to Minnesota .

Full circle there!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »
Atlanta to Miami to NY to my hometown of LA. Now in Puerto Rico

All school/work related tho.. Had income and housing at every stop...not very adventurous

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 04:58:52 PM »
I'm thinking Atlanta. I want to live in a chocolate city. I've never lived in a city of majority Hebrews before. Atlanta is the black Mecca of the USA so this is where my eyes are set. This is a very serious consideration. I have no wife or children so it's all on me.
Atlanta sucks I lived there a year hated every minute of it and yes Charlotte is much better.

RRR

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »
Are you still there illegally, or do you have a visa?

What type of visa and how easy was it to get?'

How long did you stay until you applied for a visa, tourists can only stay for a month or two so what happened when you overstayed and then tried to get a visa from the authorities?

I'm 100% legal. Work permit and it was easy to get.

I came in with a 3 months renewable to up to 6 months. I never overstayed.

2good4u

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2013, 11:57:26 PM »
Any of you ever made an move like that planned or unplanned? I'm talking single fellas with no anchors.
all thru out my 20's i was basically packing and moving to different cities, usually with no job, no place to stay
i figured once i got there i would find something.....always did...always worked front desk of gyms or hotels
a couple of times i caught greyhound from chicago to los angeles in the dead of the winter with only $60 dollars
in cash, at the rest stops i could not buy anything or else i would be broke....luckily right up the street from
lax airport is a youth hostel that allowed me to work the front desk and stay in the hotel part and it was deducted
from my check...did that for maybe 12 to 14 years but once you hit your 30's something just happens and you want
to be more settled at least for me anyway...now i have been in NYC for 12years moved here at 32....got a good job,
with benefits and im in the union....so i cant complain...i say if your going to do it do it late teens to early to middle 30's
and just go with the flow for employment and a place to live....aaaaaah the fun i had  :)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2013, 03:49:21 AM »
I have, thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to be disappointed and realizing there's no place like home. If you make a move it better be for the right reason such as better job opportunities, affordable housing, and to better your living situation.

Spot on. People think a new city is a fresh start and all but it will be the same but worse because you are a. Outsider and will be very lonely. Wherever you go you are still the same person with the same problems. Now like you said, moving to a new place because of a job or other good reason yeah that's cool.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2013, 04:12:09 AM »

do you want them to pack yours?
c

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2013, 04:35:22 AM »
Spot on. People think a new city is a fresh start and all but it will be the same but worse because you are a. Outsider and will be very lonely. Wherever you go you are still the same person with the same problems. Now like you said, moving to a new place because of a job or other good reason yeah that's cool.

Very wise. Wiggs, write down the things you really need to be happy. Then find a city you want to live in.
Go ASAP and use your brain to survive. That is, if you survive the coming comet.
People can't change so you get more of the same no matter where you go.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2013, 04:43:26 AM »
Any of you ever made an move like that planned or unplanned? I'm talking single fellas with no anchors.
I once packed up and moved hundreds of miles away to a small country town, started a small gym, absolutely hated my life there so after a year I moved back to the familiar surroundings of my suburban stomping grounds.  I regret moving, it was a painful experience, then again I had no support system where I moved, so it made it hard.
V

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2013, 04:43:34 AM »
Very wise. Wiggs, write down the things you really need to be happy. Then find a city you want to live in.
Go ASAP and use your brain to survive. That is, if you survive the coming comet.
People can't change so you get more of the same no matter where you go.

truthfully, no.  moved for educational/professional purposes not just to pack up and move ...

MikMaq

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2013, 05:03:10 AM »
I did last spring. It was the best decision I ever made.

I went by train which is now my preferred way to travel. I moved in with family for the first two months until I found my own place. Got a job within 3 weeks through a friend.  

It went well for me, granted the weather here is far better than what I'm use too. I already had friend here, I'm able to meet friends through nerd groups(something you can't do in smaller places)  And a primary interest of mine(culture) is ever present in toronto.

The only regret I have is not doing it sooner but I guess that's a catch 22, as I wouldn't appreciate things so much if I was all that much younger.

I recommend it but don't play it safe and don't bring old vices with you. If your not willing to grow and change it won't go well.

EDIT: don't do a move that doesn't make sense on paper, going to a place because it sounds nice is a bad idea.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »
4 times that last 12 years.

Once drove from central valley California to Kansas in a small rental car, all in one trip without stopping, just slept in the car once on the side of the road for a few minutes to not have an accident. I left all useless cruds and high rent behind. They more than doubled the rent on the house I lived in to over $800 so I had no choice. Fucker even said I had to stay until I had found them a new tenant, so I just left without notice. California went severely downhill around 2005. I never lived where I have family or relatives, so I have nothing to keep me from moving whenever.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
Good luck Wiggs. Keep us updated.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
I turned 34 in July. My age isn't a problem.

It's a huge problem. If you were in your early 20s, I'd say ok. But at 34?

What qualifications do you have? Going abroads/to a different area cause you were headhuntered as a top manager or diplomat with a penthouse ready waiting for you is smth entirely different than trying to get a shitty manual job and live in a f*ing one-room flat and go binge-drinking with loser co-workers at night.

You'd probably come off best getting back in the army, there at least you know where your place is and don't have to worry about the outside world. It comes across to me that you were in the army, a f*ing parallel universe, for way too long and now you're unable to find your place in the real world and noone gives a shit about you.

Wait a minute: Dude, you're John Rambo. Congrats for that. Too bad in real life guys like you are the losers, not the heroes like on the screen.