Author Topic: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym  (Read 35014 times)

hutch7

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 11:18:19 PM »
saw a skinny dude wearing 10 layers of clothing to look huge

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 01:35:21 AM »
Saw a guy giving himself an injection right out in the open of the locker room.  Now he could have been a diabetic, but I would bet against it.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2006, 01:52:24 AM »
so who cares if he gave himself an injection? this isn't the say no to drugs site.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2006, 02:20:21 AM »
so who cares if he gave himself an injection? this isn't the say no to drugs site.

No, it's not a say no to drugs site, but it is a "what's a retarded thing that you witnessed in a gym" thread.  Doing illegeal drugs in a public place (especially where cops train), filled w/ staff (the bacteria), might qualify as being retarded. 

Maybe you should reread the title of the thread.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2006, 02:45:33 AM »
Saw a guy giving himself an injection right out in the open of the locker room.  Now he could have been a diabetic, but I would bet against it.

Hardcore!
Z

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 03:27:23 AM »
People falling off the treadmills is always good for a laugh...

I was next to a chick once and she turned it right up in an attempt to show off. She fell over the back and was on all fours patting the treadmill with her hands trying to stop her face hitting it.  ;D I couldnt help it and pissed myself laughing.

We had another guy in my old gym that couldnt handle his protein drinks so he'd go to a corner and fart then walk back to where he was working out. The problem was the smell would follow him everywhere.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 03:42:41 AM »
People falling off the treadmills is always good for a laugh...

I was next to a chick once and she turned it right up in an attempt to show off. She fell over the back and was on all fours patting the treadmill with her hands trying to stop her face hitting it.  ;D I couldnt help it and pissed myself laughing.

We had another guy in my old gym that couldnt handle his protein drinks so he'd go to a corner and fart then walk back to where he was working out. The problem was the smell would follow him everywhere.

"We had another guy in my old gym that couldnt handle his protein drinks so he'd go to a corner and fart then walk back to where he was working out. The problem was the smell would follow him everywhere."

Was this me?

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 04:25:59 AM »
I remember some guy telling me and some others in the locker room that if you have a shower immediately after your workout you will undo everything you just achieved - "It shrinks the muscles, man!" He then got really quite angry when everyone ignored him and got into the showers.

I haven't heard it before or since.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 05:09:27 AM »
In 2001 a mother put her child in a cradle right next to me doing flat presses with 70s or 75s (can't remember which).  Definitely enough to kill the baby, and had I just dropped the weight without paying attention, it would have.

Holy Shit.      That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, gym or not.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 05:24:41 AM »
A big guy, pro built, doing arm workout, flexing it between sets and claimed himself to be 100% natural  ;D
I am a mini beast

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 05:26:27 AM »
1. watching a guy traing shoulders on the leg abductor machine

2.watching a guy who weighs about 180 benching 315 and BOUNCE it off his chest every rep...im talkin like 5-6 inches

3. guys who wear jeans when they train

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 05:28:59 AM »
I remember some guy telling me and some others in the locker room that if you have a shower immediately after your workout you will undo everything you just achieved - "It shrinks the muscles, man!" He then got really quite angry when everyone ignored him and got into the showers.

I haven't heard it before or since.

You mean it isn't true? And here I am being called "Stinky" for all those years for nothing  >:(
Z

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 05:31:17 AM »
You mean it isn't true? And here I am being called "Stinky" for all those years for nothing  >:(

I don't know about this one.. We need a pro's opinion
I am a mini beast

de Rooij

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 06:55:33 AM »
A guy farting out loud while bending over doing one-arm dumbbell rows! Hilarious!!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2006, 07:02:06 AM »
Well the thing i see a lot is beginners doing exercises which are not necessary yet (like shrugs, cable cross) and fat people who are training abbs.

de Rooij

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2006, 07:13:28 AM »
and fat people who are training abbs.

Exactly....there's this myth that doing crunches will trim away the belly

Slick Vic

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2006, 07:18:32 AM »
I wouldn't call this retarded but VERY annoying. People lounging around on the gym floor/machines talking on their cell phone. I've even seen people actually STOP in the middle of a set to answer their cell.  ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2006, 07:25:37 AM »
Yes, and people who goes to the gym especially for the social talk.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:05 AM »
THere was a guy doing crunches DIRECTLY in front of the locker room entrance. People were literally stepping over him.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:32 AM »
Haha.

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2006, 07:30:27 AM »
I rememember see 2 guys doing forced reps on ABS. I also remember the same guys used to bench press from the floor instead of from the bench.

I think they gave up the sport a long time ago.

I also love the guys who come to the gym once a year, usually about 3 weeks before vacation and train like a pro using forced, negatives, partials, supersets. They also scream the fucking gym down when they are training.After the vacation you don't see the bastards until the same time next year.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2006, 07:35:50 AM »
Guys in spandex.

Guys in those weird pants from the 80's. Can't remember the name but they are baggy and look like something from an old Van Halen video.

People who talk. My GF doesn't talk to me at the gym, beyond hi/by.

Fags in cut up t-shirts. I'm so sick of these dorks walking around showing nipples. Nipples on women = good. Nipples on guys = bad. I swear some guys are wearing less than women at my gym.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2006, 07:35:54 AM »
What about these beginners who are taking up way too much weight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2006, 07:42:39 AM »
People dropping weights. Nothing annoys me more.  There is never a reason to let a pair of 30's drop from waist level after a monster set of swinging standing DB bicep curls.  >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2006, 07:47:13 AM »
Back in university, almost twenty years ago, there used to be this guy who did handstands all the time. Guy was about 5'6" with a fu manchu and about 135 sickly dry looking pounds. Bit odd I guess, but he used to wear those nylon gay 70's running shorts that split right up to the waist so when he did these his shorts fell down and his gear was on show. I guess this was his point, or angle for cruising. Like those skunks who stand on their forelegs to spray. Anyway, everyday we trained that summer it seemed that guy did his thing and for the most part everybody, the odd comment aside, did their best to ignore him. Until.....just before September we noticed he was gone. Story came down that his act did not find favour with the returning football players, who are territorial fckers especially around the weightrooms, and one of them carried/swung an oly bar into the legs he was presenting. Problem solved. Would have loved to have seen that.