Author Topic: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym  (Read 34806 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2006, 08:01:16 AM »
I dont like dissin folk as im sure watching me doing cleasn must look weird to some folk. (i get looks when deadlifting as only a select folk in my gym have anyidea what im doing, and they think im gonna hurt myself until they see me lift it,satisfaction).

BUT.... There was this really thin guy doing cable curls with like whole stack but at bottom of each rep he'd like kinda squat down and pik weight up, the squat then curl it back up,hard to xplain..equally hard to watch and understand what he doing.
Another guy doing pulldowns getting lifted off the chair after every rep and only pulling the bar down like 6 inches.
Saw m8 of mine in gym for 1st time in ages yesterday he was doing super light benches, his technique went as follows....take bar of rack (arms at lockout) lower bar down towards his bellybutton, and then keeping it a couple inches off his stomach move it up to his neck,then back to his nipples and then press it back up again, then repeat cycle for 8 reps. i stood and watched in amazement (he then taught technique to guy he was training with). The bar never touched his stomach,chest,neck, but hole ting was weird to watch.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2006, 08:15:45 AM »
I also love it when people talk on their cell phones between sets.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
I also love it when people talk on their cell phones between sets.

my brother does that and it absolutely annoys the piss outta me..esp when i'm training with him...leave the fucking phone in the car..

also the Rogue talker : this guy will come up and start a conversation right in the middle of your set...and will continue to ignore the annoyed looks you give him. usually a really nice dude but still...and god forbid he's talking and yiou'r timing your sets...there is no natural break in his conversation so you can run off to your next set.

also the rogue spotter : this guy will come up and spot ya whether ya need it or not...i'm recovering from a shoulder injury (well recovered) so i do my chest exercises really slow (for now at least)..this guy took it upon himself to think that my slow motion ws actually me struggling and came to my rescue complete with motivational slogans while i dumbell pressed 50s  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2006, 08:39:10 AM »
gay

it means you are gay AND you have twig for an arm...

>:(

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2006, 08:44:36 AM »
What about these beginners who are taking up way too much weight.

.... and therefore need a spot every fvcking set. >:(

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2006, 08:58:19 AM »
A few weeks ago I saw a dipshit guy talking on his cell while he was doing hack squats.  That's focus for ya. ::)

bigtmoney

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »
I've only been lifting for around 10 months, so I don't know if I'm qualifed to comment on this....but....here goes anyway.

There's a group of guys that come to my gym every monday morning at 6 am and do nothing but tricep movements and pushups....granted they have great arms but that's all they do and it's the only day and time I see them in the gym...morning or night!  They have this leader me and my buddy call him captain arms, he instructs them on pushups and and dips etc.

They have this thing where they do pushups with a 45lb plate on their backs, but they only go down an inch or two every rep.  I made a comment as we were passing one day, that if they would do a full rep each pushup they wouldn't even need to use the plate.  You have to see these guys, every exercise they do, they do these partial reps.  It's hillarious, one of them even tried to do pushups with his hands on an exercise ball and his feet on that little pilate platform (half ball) thing.  Each time he tried to push himself up he fell off the balls and on the floor.

I also saw a girl the other morning doing situps on an exercise ball while talking on her cell the entire time. ;D

Traps Hoolihan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2006, 09:51:48 AM »
When you're gearing up for a set of squats and a guy and his girlfriend are kissing right next to you. >:(
Also the old guys who walk around the locker room/stand in front of the mirror butt-ass naked!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2006, 10:22:29 AM »
When you're gearing up for a set of squats and a guy and his girlfriend are kissing right next to you. >:(
Also the old guys who walk around the locker room/stand in front of the mirror butt-ass naked!

There is a guy at my gym that does that and always coats his balls in gold bond powder getting it all over the changeroom floor in the process

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2006, 10:48:59 AM »
my brother does that and it absolutely annoys the piss outta me..esp when i'm training with him...leave the fucking phone in the car..

also the Rogue talker : this guy will come up and start a conversation right in the middle of your set...and will continue to ignore the annoyed looks you give him. usually a really nice dude but still...and god forbid he's talking and yiou'r timing your sets...there is no natural break in his conversation so you can run off to your next set.

also the rogue spotter : this guy will come up and spot ya whether ya need it or not...i'm recovering from a shoulder injury (well recovered) so i do my chest exercises really slow (for now at least)..this guy took it upon himself to think that my slow motion ws actually me struggling and came to my rescue complete with motivational slogans while i dumbell pressed 50s  :-\

HaHaHaHA!!!  The rogue spotter , I fVcking hate that guy!!  I know exactly what you mean. Your'e pushin up the last couple reps and WHAMMO!! some douchebag is magically standing over you yelling "two more!!!, C'mon you got it !!!" AS HE TAKES THE WEIGHT AND COMPLETELY FVCKS UP YOUR SET.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2006, 12:20:45 PM »
I can trump everything posted so far...

I have seen.... I kid you not... 30degree incline BEHIND the neck presses... on a Smith machine!!!

Simply get in position for incline Smith machine presses, lower the bar to about eight inches off the chest, tuck your head forward, lower the bar BEHIND your head... smacking the bar against the crown of your skull several times... touch bar to the back off the neck, then reverse the procedure.

Each rep took the guy 40-50 seconds to complete.

I set him straight, told him any time he needed pointers on how to do an exercise he could simply ask me and I'd take the time to show him. He never did.... continued with his own "creative" exercise regimen and ruptured three consecutive disks in his spine about six months later.

The Luke

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2006, 12:23:23 PM »
I can trump everything posted so far...

I have seen.... I kid you not... 30degree incline BEHIND the neck presses... on a Smith machine!!!

Simply get in position for incline Smith machine presses, lower the bar to about eight inches off the chest, tuck your head forward, lower the bar BEHIND your head... smacking the bar against the crown of your skull several times... touch bar to the back off the neck, then reverse the procedure.

Each rep took the guy 40-50 seconds to complete.

I set him straight, told him any time he needed pointers on how to do an exercise he could simply ask me and I'd take the time to show him. He never did.... continued with his own "creative" exercise regimen and ruptured three consecutive disks in his spine about six months later.

The Luke
maybe he didn't ask you how to do anything because you're skinny.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »
I rememember see 2 guys doing forced reps on ABS. I also remember the same guys used to bench press from the floor instead of from the bench.

I think they gave up the sport a long time ago.

I also love the guys who come to the gym once a year, usually about 3 weeks before vacation and train like a pro using forced, negatives, partials, supersets. They also scream the fucking gym down when they are training.After the vacation you don't see the bastards until the same time next year.
Those are called floor presses and they are a common and effective way to train the bench press.

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2006, 06:12:21 PM »
how all those stupid people who do hundreds of situps with 20% + bodyfat..I'm talking fat asses who will never diet down to below 10% to actually see those abs..that gets me everytime.
musclegurus.com

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2006, 01:27:39 PM »

HaHaHaHA!!!  The rogue spotter , I fVcking hate that guy!!  I know exactly what you mean. Your'e pushin up the last couple reps and WHAMMO!! some douchebag is magically standing over you yelling "two more!!!, C'mon you got it !!!" AS HE TAKES THE WEIGHT AND COMPLETELY FVCKS UP YOUR SET.

Rogue spotter's should not be alllowed in the gym. Only solution, tell everybody that you do not want help and if somebody is coming near you: shout no i got the weight!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2006, 01:41:43 PM »
two things

Today I saw a guy standing on the bench of the bench press doing shoulder shrugs with the bar from the bench, which I thought was kinda retreaded in it's self, but then the dumb mother fucker fell off with the bar and everything.  He did not get hurt but he was very embarrassed.

The other thing I saw yet another skinny little fuck in the gym today who spent more time looking at him self in the mirror then he did lifting.   I am not trying to be raceset but most of these skinny fucks I see walking around doing this are Mexican.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2006, 01:45:43 PM »
two things

Today I saw a guy standing on the bench of the bench press doing shoulder shrugs with the bar from the bench, which I thought was kinda retreaded in it's self, but then the dumb mother fucker fell off with the bar and everything.  He did not get hurt but he was very embarrassed.

The other thing I saw yet another skinny little f**k in the gym today who spent more time looking at him self in the mirror then he did lifting.   I am not trying to be raceset but most of these skinny fucks I see walking around doing this are Mexican.

hahaha, there's this big black dude in my gym prolly 6'3" 290 who does shrugs with the bench bar with 135  he straddles the bench though, this guy saw me doing shrugs with six plates each side in the rack and he said, man you're strong on those, i said you could do this easy if you tried you're 290 and i'm 225, he's big as a house but doesn't push himself at all.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2006, 02:08:51 PM »
hahaha, there's this big black dude in my gym prolly 6'3" 290 who does shrugs with the bench bar with 135  he straddles the bench though, this guy saw me doing shrugs with six plates each side in the rack and he said, man you're strong on those, i said you could do this easy if you tried you're 290 and i'm 225, he's big as a house but doesn't push himself at all.
On your way out, you should have screamed from across the gym, "MONSTER TRICEPS!!"  hahahaha

My favorite people are the ones who hop in the standing power squat machine, load it with 6 plates, then as the come down 3/4 of the way, their form dwindles, butt goes all the way out and their back hunches over.  Completely defeating the purpose of the exercise.  I love these assclowns.  I can't imagine the complexes some of these people must have.  Unless I move 1000lbs 3 inches, I am not a real man!  Pathetic :'(  MONSTER LEGS! hahahahaha
N

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2006, 02:59:05 PM »
i was coming into the gym and i heard these 2 other guys talking about how its stupid to bring a different pair of shoes to the gym blah blah and how they said fuck you to the sign and just carried their wet, slushy shoes into the gym laughing. I shook my head but later as i was sitting in the military press gettting ready for my next heavy set the idiot kid with his slushy shoes on was doing hack squats with like you guys said 6-7 plates a side only coming down 25% of the way well on his 3rd rep or so his feet slipped out and he feel flat on his ass on the base. I seriously think he shithimself he just grabbed his busted tailbone and gibbled himself to the change room.  I actually had to go to the corner and laugh.
bodybuildersreality.com

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2006, 10:44:24 PM »

A Psychologist would say that Sarcasm constantly brags about his the weight that he "can" move in the gym b/c of an inferiority complex.  This probably stems from a small penis.   Monster Penis hahahahahahahhahahahaha

terryb

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2006, 01:54:37 AM »
in the 90s i worked out in ray sparks gym in London  and a guy would train in piss stained longjohns  and then would put his suit on and leave

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2006, 01:58:18 AM »
Are you trying to be funny "Weedouththeweak"?

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2006, 03:03:52 AM »
A guy came in, change into gym clothes, spray perfume on his entire body, went out and did his workout. After his workout, he was bathed with sweat, he changed his clothing and left..

That made me wonder why the hell he sprayed the perfume for?
I am a mini beast

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2006, 03:20:41 AM »
I'm guilty of doing something retarded. I was using the cable station and with a big wierd bar that has 2 handles on each side for different grips or something. i was doing wide grip cable rows but standing up.... i saw it in a book, wanted to try it. Anyway I took out the pin to add 10 pounds and the thing fell on my head. right when i got hit instead of focusing on the pain or if i was bleeding or anything i played it cool because it would be really embarrasing if someone came over to see if i had busted my head. it was about 20 minutes before closing time so there was only an old guy and the guy who works there. It hurt much but i was sure i had busted my head. instead of checking for blood which would have someone come over for sure if they had seen the stupidity i did i did another set. Then i went over to the water fountain and drank water for a whole minute so if anyone saw me going to the locker room they'd figure i was going to take a piss but i actually went to check if i was bleeding. i wasn't bleeding. Lucky me.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2006, 04:18:50 AM »
most fun   a few of us big guys went to high energy aerobics.  nothing like
watching a group of 230+ hams being so agile and clumsy at the same time
we REALLY laughed