Author Topic: Hot stove.  (Read 5187 times)

ZOD

• Getbig II
Re: Hot stove.
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 09:39:02 AM »
NEW YORK -- Masahiro Tanaka has made his decision, and after a round of secretive negotiations with several big league clubs, the prized right-hander is headed to the Bronx.

Tanaka's agreement with the Yankees is worth $155 million over seven years and includes an opt-out clause that can be exercised after the 2017 season, a person with knowledge of the deal confirmed to MLB.com.

The Yankees have not formally announced the agreement, but co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner confirmed the deal to The Associated Press, saying, "We had to make sure we had enough pitching to go together with our new lineup."

Tanaka, 25, went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA for the Rakuten Golden Eagles last season, pitching the team to a Japan Series title. The total value of the contract is the fifth-highest for a pitcher in Major League history, and the Yankees owe a $20 million posting fee to Rakuten under the terms of baseball's revised posting system with Nippon Professional Baseball.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:02 AM »
Beltran will help.

Get Tanaka now, and we're pretty good.

Yay!
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »
Yay!
I'd take 15 wins from him...darvish right now is still best bet ..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 03:52:45 AM »
I'd take 15 wins from him...darvish right now is still best bet ..

Oh yeah, he's not Darvish, but he should be pretty good, and definitely better than what the Yankees had.   The money that it took to get him is nuts.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
Oh yeah, he's not Darvish, but he should be pretty good, and definitely better than what the Yankees had.   The money that it took to get him is nuts.
yeah,,somebody would have snagged him with same.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 07:59:14 AM »
yeah,,somebody would have snagged him with same.

Agreed.

Another way to look at it is this - if a 25 year old became a free agent in MLB with his stuff, he'd get the same thing anyway.

I don't like the $$, but the Yankees have it, so they'd be stupid not to use it.  They had a tremendous offseason, although I'm not thrilled with Ellsbury.  Maybe the YS dimensions will help his power numbers a bit.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:08 AM »
Agreed.

Another way to look at it is this - if a 25 year old became a free agent in MLB with his stuff, he'd get the same thing anyway.

I don't like the $$, but the Yankees have it, so they'd be stupid not to use it.  They had a tremendous offseason, although I'm not thrilled with Ellsbury.  Maybe the YS dimensions will help his power numbers a bit.
ellsbury i like the most on there moves tbh,,if he gets hurt tho and out i willbe  >:(