Author Topic: The Next Trayvon???....Tyson Jerome Barnette  (Read 4522 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: The Next Trayvon???....Tyson Jerome Barnette
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 09:01:16 AM »
There is a concerted effort to exaggerate the level of white on black crime.  

By whom?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 09:03:39 AM »
By whom?

Black community leaders and like minded liberals in the media. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 09:11:24 AM »
By whom?

LMFAO!!!!!

Are you kidding? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »
The police officials think its racially motivated....they likely know something we don't

From the story you posted:  "Officials said detectives are working to identify the suspect or suspects and a motive in this case."

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »
Black community leaders and like minded liberals in the media. 

With in the community there is a spotlight. There are local community leaders that call for an end to the violence within their own community.  But it doesn't reach national because blacks don't own national news papers and news stations and blacks dont control national coverage.

And what would national outrage do for the problem? At what end?

These idiots commit murders, get arrested, and then go to jail

Different circumstances from the trayvon martin thing

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »
LMFAO!!!!!

Are you kidding? 
Check this out little man...Youre going to either join in this discussion like an adult as you can see the tone its taken. Or your can sit your ass on the sideline. But your little punk ass childish remarks have no place.

Now.. do you want to participate and offer a fact  based point of view. OR are you going to continue with your horseshit all caps bullshit acronyms?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
With in the community there is a spotlight. There are local community leaders that call for an end to the violence within their own community.  But it doesn't reach national because blacks don't own national news papers and news stations and blacks dont control national coverage.

The difference is that the trayvon Martin thing isn't a real problem and black and black, and black on white for that matter, is.   Blacks don't have to own the media to understand how to effectively manipulate and exploit it.   When there are ideologically sympathetic individuals in the media, it makes the manipulation all the easier.   It's as simple as understanding how guilt and shame work and how best to use them to gain the desired effect.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »

What national black leaders are highlighting black-on-black crime?  The NAACP?  Sharpton?  The CBC?  

I read an article written by a black dude with the Wall Street Journal around the time of the Zimmerman verdict and he talked about black-on-black murder.  Something like 90+ percent of blacks are killed by other blacks.  Staggering.  I had no idea it was that bad.  

But during the Zimmerman trial the "national" discussion was how racist white dudes were posing a threat to young black boys.  Absolutely untrue when you look at the numbers.  It's a problem.  And one that is not being discussed enough.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 09:32:09 AM »
What national black leaders are highlighting black-on-black crime?  The NAACP?  Sharpton?  The CBC?  

I read an article written by a black dude with the Wall Street Journal around the time of the Zimmerman verdict and he talked about black-on-black murder.  Something like 90+ percent of blacks are killed by other blacks.  Staggering.  I had no idea it was that bad.  

But during the Zimmerman trial the "national" discussion was how racist white dudes were posing a threat to young black boys.  Absolutely untrue when you look at the numbers.  It's a problem.  And one that is not being discussed enough.  

The premise was "blacks care about trayvon martin but dont care about the black on black crime going on everyday"
And thats wrong. Its a problem, a huge problem. I coached football at Locke high (watts) Roosevelt high (east LA) and Washington high (South central)

ive delt with the lockdowns during practice because of a shooting down the street or across campus. And what happens is the police come, and in a couple of days, the shooter goes to jail. The killing needs to be addressed and it is. But where does it fit nationally?
The leaders of that community do what they can to stem the problem.

Now for your question about Sharpton and CNBC etc...Those arent our leaders just as Rush, Beck and Palin arent yours. They dont go to South central so to call them our leaders and use them as the measuring stick of that community's "outrage" is an inaccurate measurement.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 09:33:28 AM »

The difference is that the trayvon Martin thing isn't a real problem and black and black, and black on white for that matter, is.   Blacks don't have to own the media to understand how to effectively manipulate and exploit it.   When there are ideologically sympathetic individuals in the media, it makes the manipulation all the easier.   It's as simple as understanding how guilt and shame work and how best to use them to gain the desired effect.

What does national outrage do?

It gets ratings but it doesnt help a local problem

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:16 AM »
The premise was "blacks care about trayvon martin but dont care about the black on black crime going on everyday"
And thats wrong. Its a problem, a huge problem. I coached football at Locke high (watts) Roosevelt high (east LA) and Washington high (South central)

ive delt with the lockdowns during practice because of a shooting down the street or across campus. And what happens is the police come, and in a couple of days, the shooter goes to jail. The killing needs to be addressed and it is. But where does it fit nationally?
The leaders of that community do what they can to stem the problem.

Now for your question about Sharpton and CNBC etc...Those arent our leaders just as Rush, Beck and Palin arent yours. They dont go to South central so to call them our leaders and use them as the measuring stick of that community's "outrage" is an inaccurate measurement.

Fair enough.  Then what black leaders (however you define them) are talking about black-on-black crime? 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2013, 09:38:15 AM »
What does national outrage do?

It gets ratings but it doesnt help a local problem

It's takes attention off of the dysfunction within their communities and places it back onto the old familiar white bogeyman.  It's a diversionary tactic.  What was the zim/Martin national outrage suppose to accomplish?  It's not even a real problem.
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »
It's takes attention off of the dysfunction within their communities and places it back onto the old familiar white bogeyman.  It's a diversionary tactic.  What was the zim/Martin national outrage suppose to accomplish?  It's not even a real problem.

Who orchestrated the outrage is what im asking. Fox news jumped on it, Msnbc did as well..etc...its a sensational story, Not unlike casey anthony or that other broad that shot her ex...its a sensational story. The blacks didnt meet up and say "hey lets pump this all over the news" they dont have that pull bro

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
Who orchestrated the outrage is what im asking. Fox news jumped on it, Msnbc did as well..etc...its a sensational story, Not unlike casey anthony or that other broad that shot her ex...its a sensational story. The blacks didnt meet up and say "hey lets pump this all over the news" they dont have that pull bro

No - Rev. Al was the first to rev up the "outrage Machine"

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
Fair enough.  Then what black leaders (however you define them) are talking about black-on-black crime? 

The ones in those communities address those communities. And MSNBC or Fox arent covering it, and it wouldnt do anything anyway

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »

Those who consider themselves representatives of the black community orchestrated the outrage and the rest fell in  lock-step behind them.  It's not even a sensational case on its own merits, it only became sensational when the narrative of race was played to the hilt. I follow crime closely, and the trayvon Martin case wasn't even the most interesting case to happened that week and most certainly not one that deserved public attention for well over a year.
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »

EXCLUSIVE: Chicago OG Noonie Ward Weighs In On Common, Kanye, Violence In Chicago; Calls On Rappers To Act

http://www.bandmine.com/news/101/exclusive_chicago_og_noonie_ward_weighs_in_on_common_kanye_violence_in_chicago_calls_on_rappers_to_act/610811

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »
Those who consider themselves representatives of the black community orchestrated the outrage and the rest fell in  lock-step behind them.  It's not even a sensational case on its own merits, it only became sensational when the narrative of race was played to the hilt. I follow crime closely, and the trayvon Martin case wasn't even the most interesting case to happened that week and most certainly not one that deserved public attention for well over a year.

Ok...i dont agree with your assertion about the case at all..
that story had so many aspects that made it a must watch. The history of violence of the killer and his father being a judge. The fact that he didnt go to jail...its a lot that case offered the american public to think about

And news flash...those "self appointed" reps of the black are only that to the national media....not to the people of those communities. Our last black leader was shot

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: Chicago OG Noonie Ward Weighs In On Common, Kanye, Violence In Chicago; Calls On Rappers To Act

http://www.bandmine.com/news/101/exclusive_chicago_og_noonie_ward_weighs_in_on_common_kanye_violence_in_chicago_calls_on_rappers_to_act/610811

Are you citing entertainers as examples of leaders talking about this problem? 

If so, I can give you links to a lot more entertainers who used Zimmerman/Martin as an example of how racist white dudes are a threat to young black dudes.  Spike Lee being arguably the worst for essentially trying to incite people to commit acts of violence.   

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »
The police officials think its racially motivated....they likely know something we don't

Hey Vince. You know Zimmerman isn't white right?
$

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:09 AM »
Are you citing entertainers as examples of leaders talking about this problem? 

If so, I can give you links to a lot more entertainers who used Zimmerman/Martin as an example of how racist white dudes are a threat to young black dudes.  Spike Lee being arguably the worst for essentially trying to incite people to commit acts of violence.   

no i didnt...i pointed out that community's Leader calling on entertainers...

did you read it correct?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »
Ok...i dont agree with your assertion about the case at all..
that story had so many aspects that made it a must watch. The history of violence of the killer and his father being a judge. The fact that he didnt go to jail...its a lot that case offered the american public to think about

And news flash...those "self appointed" reps of the black are only that to the national media....not to the people of those communities. Our last black leader was shot

Polls indicated that the racism narrative foster by these "leaders" was consistent with the opinions of those they claim to represent.  The entire case was presented as a white male killing an innocent black child.  Marchers carried pictures of Emmet Til and invoked his death in speeches and not one person I am aware of suggested this may be inappropriate or just plain wrong.

As for the interest in this case, none of the things you mentioned even came to light until after black community leaders pressured authorities to pursue charges against Zim based entirely on the premise of racial injustice.  These leaders of the community certainly weren't aware of zimmermans backstory.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
This caseshould have been strictly about trying to determine the events of the night in question. All this other bullshit was not the least bit helpful. 
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »
no i didnt...i pointed out that community's Leader calling on entertainers...

did you read it correct?

I see.  The former gang member's comments.  Got it. 

I thought you were lumping his comments in with Common and Kanye, because they were working together. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2013, 10:22:11 AM »
I see.  The former gang member's comments.  Got it. 

I thought you were lumping his comments in with Common and Kanye, because they were working together. 

yeah the former gang member
 ::)