Author Topic: 1 mistake using insulin that can cost you your life.  (Read 5639 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
1 mistake using insulin that can cost you your life.
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
First of all, do not touch slin unless you have been training for 10 years and juicing for 5. Must have all the knowledge and done your research. On top of that you must know someone who uses it personally to know from first hand experience.

So that leaves out 99% of gym rats.

Now the mistake that can kill you is this.

When reconstructing your gh 10 units=1iu because you add 10 units of water for every iu of gh, so if you take 6iu of gh, you are injecting 60 units on the slin pin.

With slin every unit = 1iu so 10 units on the slin pin is 10 iu of slin, unlike gh where it would only be 1 iu, with slin it is 10 iu.

so basically the volume it takes to shoot 6iu of gh would be the same volume to shoot 60 iu of slin, hence slin takes up 1 tenth the volume on the needle.

Some people actually have fallen for this, they think because they have taken 10 iu of gh in the past that has filled the entire slin pin they would be taking 10iu of slin but they are in fact taking 100 iu of slin by using the entire slin pin, next step in the hospital.

BE CAREFUL.

beverast

• Getbig III
Re: 1 mistake using insulin that can cost you your life.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
Great post man!

People need to be very careful with Slin, i made a few mistakes with it and was glad i had carbs handy to take care of the issue.

I know a lot of smart guys who screwed up with it a few times.

8)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
only time I've been in somewhat 'real' trouble with insulin was...

did 12iu in the parking lot of world gym PB post workout. drove home to mira mesa which was about 15mins away.

got home expecting the slin to be kicking in.

it wasn't.

did another 5iu and still nothing after 10mins.

started cooking mac & cheese.

still no hypo/hunger/sweating.

did 3iu IV. and waited for mac n cheese to cook.

still no hypo.

did 3iu more IV and sat down on I think Renegadebodybuilding's forum and started replying.

while typing my hands/fingers started shaking and everytime I went to move the mouse, my finger would twitch and hit the mouse buttons.

before I knew it, I was in HARD hypo.. hands shaking and twitching and I must've zoned out because my mac n cheese was BURNED completely... all the water had burned off..

oh shit.. i'm thinking.. lol

so I quick make some toast... 4 slices... butter it and pour sugar and cinimon all over it and pound them down.. only like 50g of carbs... I pound down a can of coke and a big glass of milk... then I eat a little Debbie brownie.

BOOM! out of hypo. lol....

DO NOT USE INSULIN IV! lol... I was no newbie to slin, doing shots of 20-25iu was nothing new to me, so I knew what hypo was and would push as far into hypo as I could before I ate and it allowed me to POUND down food. but the IV hit WAY to hard and fast, on top of the 20-30iu I'd already done IM.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
only time I've been in somewhat 'real' trouble with insulin was...

did 12iu in the parking lot of world gym PB post workout. drove home to mira mesa which was about 15mins away.

got home expecting the slin to be kicking in.

it wasn't.

did another 5iu and still nothing after 10mins.

started cooking mac & cheese.

still no hypo/hunger/sweating.

did 3iu IV. and waited for mac n cheese to cook.

still no hypo.

did 3iu more IV and sat down on I think Renegadebodybuilding's forum and started replying.

while typing my hands/fingers started shaking and everytime I went to move the mouse, my finger would twitch and hit the mouse buttons.

before I knew it, I was in HARD hypo.. hands shaking and twitching and I must've zoned out because my mac n cheese was BURNED completely... all the water had burned off..

oh shit.. i'm thinking.. lol

so I quick make some toast... 4 slices... butter it and pour sugar and cinimon all over it and pound them down.. only like 50g of carbs... I pound down a can of coke and a big glass of milk... then I eat a little Debbie brownie.

BOOM! out of hypo. lol....

DO NOT USE INSULIN IV! lol... I was no newbie to slin, doing shots of 20-25iu was nothing new to me, so I knew what hypo was and would push as far into hypo as I could before I ate and it allowed me to POUND down food. but the IV hit WAY to hard and fast, on top of the 20-30iu I'd already done IM.
holy shit, great story,  8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »
Great post man!

People need to be very careful with Slin, i made a few mistakes with it and was glad i had carbs handy to take care of the issue.

I know a lot of smart guys who screwed up with it a few times.

8)
yes everyone needs to do their research and start off conservatively, I am new to using it but I was ready and have known everything for years and years, and still pay close attention to everything.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »
make oth a mod, ron.

this is a very important thread, many are curious about insulin, i am shocked how recklessly some people irl use it, but yeah indeed, 1 error can end your life, thats quite a hefty short term side effect
n

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »
make oth a mod, ron.

this is a very important thread, many are curious about insulin, i am shocked how recklessly some people irl use it, but yeah indeed, 1 error can end your life, thats quite a hefty short term side effect
hey gal thanks for the kind words brother.

Yes, we will make this board the most informative board of all the bodybuilding sites, but we need your contribution as well  ;)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 11:24:16 AM »
make oth a mod, ron.

This.OTH is a great poster. So are you Gal.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
This.OTH is a great poster. So are you Gal.
;) thanks

love your avatar lol   :D

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 11:27:20 AM »
;) thanks

love your avatar lol   :D
Its the genova-waddle

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
First of all, do not touch slin unless you have been training for 10 years and juicing for 5. Must have all the knowledge and done your research. On top of that you must know someone who uses it personally to know from first hand experience.

So that leaves out 99% of gym rats.

Now the mistake that can kill you is this.

When reconstructing your gh 10 units=1iu because you add 10 units of water for every iu of gh, so if you take 6iu of gh, you are injecting 60 units on the slin pin.

With slin every unit = 1iu so 10 units on the slin pin is 10 iu of slin, unlike gh where it would only be 1 iu, with slin it is 10 iu.

so basically the volume it takes to shoot 6iu of gh would be the same volume to shoot 60 iu of slin, hence slin takes up 1 tenth the volume on the needle.

Some people actually have fallen for this, they think because they have taken 10 iu of gh in the past that has filled the entire slin pin they would be taking 10iu of slin but they are in fact taking 100 iu of slin by using the entire slin pin, next step in the hospital.

BE CAREFUL.
lol this is crazy, kinda like mt2, often one has no idea how many ius are in it.

yah,indeed, being able to calculate such things is mandatory.

this isnt like test where it doesnt matter if you took 3 mg or 1 .

n

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
another story.. this time a buddy of mine.

so, when I had my supplement store, I had a semi-well known bodybuilder come in looking for a job.. this guy's in all the mags and stuff at the time.. long story short, I hire him. and after a couple weeks we start talking about steroids.. it was sorta hush-hush, neither was sure if the other would be cool discussing steroids.. but I realize even though this dude is 20yrs older than me, he's an idiot when it comes to steroids... (i'm really condensing here) so after a few weeks I get him on insulin....

well, he in turn got me on Nubain. lol...

he was also a loser who's gf kicked him out and he had no car, so each morning I had to drive down to pacific Beach to pick him up to go up to my sup store in del Mar.

so one morning he gets in the car and tells me.

he gets home last night and loads 2 syringes... 1 was nubain, and 1 was insulin

we used to keep our nubain in old (washed out) insulin bottles incase we got stopped by cops.

the nubain bottle had a mark on the top.

so he loads the nubain needle with 1cc

and loads the insulin syringe with 10ius

he shoots the 1cc nubain needle IV and right after shoots the insulin syringe sub-q.

well, the insulin HURTS/STINGS like hell.... and he realizes. "oh shit... that's not insulin, that's nubain (bain stung like hell)".... he'd just shot 1cc of humulin R IV. lol

he got the syringes mixed up. lol

so that morning, he wakes up, having passed out on the couch of the place he was staying with a 1/2 empty pale of icecream, and empty 2L bottle of coke and a gal of warm milk sitting on the coffee table.

when he realized his fuck up, he started eating as much as he could and eventually passed out..

BUT... at least he woke up.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
^^ $hit, 1CC of slin, wow. My first mistake was on my second or third try of slin, I felt nothing the first couple of times at 5iu, so I jumped straight to 10iu, wasn't used to it. Shot it outside of the gym, drove home, got out of the car was so dizzy I honestly felt like I was going to pass out and die (must have not of had any carbs in me);, pounded some honey and felt ok a few min later. I went back to 5iu the next time lol. Funny my tolerance increased now, 15iu no prob. Haven't used in a few months though

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »
Not that this thread is dispositive, but it seems that there are a lot of recreational lifters that are using insulin. I wonder what the increased incidence of hospitalization due to hypoglycemia is in our sub-culture.

LOL, my only experience with insulin was a diabetic cat that got dumped on me. I kept that little dude alive for 7 years with 2x/day shots of Humalin R. I had needles and insulin all over my place and it never occurred to me to use it as a training aid!

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »
on not so related sidenote, do muslim diabets know where their insulin came from? ;D

do they knwo where from its extracted ;D ;D
n

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
When I first started insulin I had a massive hypo scare that pretty much made me aware that this isn't a hormone you casually fuck with. I mean I was aware before, but this made me aware-aware.

Must have been the 2nd day or so of my use. Injected 10iu of Novolog (rapid acting) with my post-workout meal and ate a more than sufficient amount of carbs with it, must've been at least 130g. About an hour later I had another 30 or 40g of carbs and thought that should be good enough. Drove to a concert that was some 2 hours away that night. The second I got out of the car I felt extremely light headed. Told my buddies I'd need to get some sugar in me asap. Walked out of the parking structure with tremors kicking in. By the time I had found some shitty Chinese takeout place and raided their fridge for some Coke my t-shirt was soaked 3 times over in cold sweat. I had planned to always have some juice or whatever in the car when I started using, but I must've accidentally removed it earlier that day.
That being said, I never ever went hypo again once, but that sure was a scary fucking lesson.  

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
Insulin gave me some visceral fat
I was only using it once a week and low carb diet
ESF told me to take 15+ ui though, working up to 30ui and I trusted him
I don't bother with it any more. The visceral fat is starting to go with hard dieting, looks much better now

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 03:15:45 PM »
make oth a mod, ron.

I'm pushing the issue as much as i can.

He's been approved by everyone, just waiting on Ron.

8)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
I don't bother with it any more. The visceral fat is starting to go with hard dieting, looks much better now
i know one guy whos always shredded on slin, but the guy was always shredded period.

yah,the visceral fat issue is bad, happens from the carbs but need the carbs with slin...

the good news,relatively, is, the body will get rid of the visceral fat on low carb diet very quick, if its not too much already, itll get rid of it before it melts the lasts bits of subcutane fat on the abs, this im citing from a scientifal book, citing many studies on this issue.

they didnt research for bodybuilders, but the same thing applies,human is human.

even without insulin, everyone will notice that they will be able to do a vacuum abs pose lot time before the whole abs are shredded and polished 100% with no subc fat.

if the ppl who dont work out and have huge visceral fat tummy knew how much hunger would be awaiting them to get rid of it, oh brother.

this btw, leaves only few conclusions about the pros guts, either they diet all the way with carbs and dont get rid of the inner fats, or its actulay enlarged inner organs pressing through, or its simply an overdone "carb up", when after hard diet one does bit to much carbup, the stomach can easy extended a bit.

maybe its all of the above.

n

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »
Yeah I really love the ketogenic diet.
I think I have fats higher than you do though.

I have been taking my body weight in pounds and doubling it for protein. This is half my calories
Then the other half I divide by 9 and that's my fats for the day. This is for fat loss

I have 3 low calorie days a week where I eat 0.8x these macros
2 high calorie days where I eat 1.2x these macros
A starve day where I will not eat anything, just a few shakes or some egg whites. If progress is going well then I have a small afternoon meal but under 800 calories
Then a cheat day where I eat carbs for 3 hours and this is very low fat. Calories are just short of the high calorie days or about the same as I can't eat many carbs any more, especially in one meal. Chicken wings I can eat 5,000kcal in a single meal though lol

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »

yea but dude, you were pounding pizza with your insulin! lol

and 15iu with the amount of carbs (hundreds at one sitting) you said you were taking in shouldn't have been a problem.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »
i know one guy whos always shredded on slin, but the guy was always shredded period.

yah,the visceral fat issue is bad, happens from the carbs but need the carbs with slin...

the good news,relatively, is, the body will get rid of the visceral fat on low carb diet very quick, if its not too much already, itll get rid of it before it melts the lasts bits of subcutane fat on the abs, this im citing from a scientifal book, citing many studies on this issue.

they didnt research for bodybuilders, but the same thing applies,human is human.

even without insulin, everyone will notice that they will be able to do a vacuum abs pose lot time before the whole abs are shredded and polished 100% with no subc fat.

if the ppl who dont work out and have huge visceral fat tummy knew how much hunger would be awaiting them to get rid of it, oh brother.

this btw, leaves only few conclusions about the pros guts, either they diet all the way with carbs and dont get rid of the inner fats, or its actulay enlarged inner organs pressing through, or its simply an overdone "carb up", when after hard diet one does bit to much carbup, the stomach can easy extended a bit.
maybe its all of the above.

the amount of food has a huge impact.

I can go from having a tight, small midsection (after a couple days of only 2 'meals') to having a Silvio Samuel belly after a day of 'eating like a 250lb bodybuilder'.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
I was very clear with what I was eating really
But I learned much from this mistake and glad it happened
I'll still use it for meets if I have a big weight cut. Will help with putting the potassium back again. Only 2ui would be needed though. I'm not going to have to make a weight cut until late next year though so maybe my opinion will change again by then

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 10:20:03 PM »
I was very clear with what I was eating really
But I learned much from this mistake and glad it happened
I'll still use it for meets if I have a big weight cut. Will help with putting the potassium back again. Only 2ui would be needed though. I'm not going to have to make a weight cut until late next year though so maybe my opinion will change again by then

if i'd known you were gonna be eating a whole pizza when doing a 15-30iu blast of slin, i'd have said 'that's not a good idea'. lol