Author Topic: where to start carbs at when dieting?  (Read 6232 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: where to start carbs at when dieting?
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 10:11:20 AM »

agreed... always a bit tougher to gauge is someone is on gear but that is relatively lean... skin fold testing should not be confused with actual BF % though... gotta jump in a bodpod or a hydro tank to get that shit...

but IMO a skinfold test of 14% or less is good for life... 10-12% is optimal... above 14% is delusional (just fatness)...

lol yeah

For someone enhanced the standards should be a kept a little higher wrt how fat you let yourself go. I think beans is doing well in this sense...there's no benefit in getting any fatter wrt muscle gain, its quite the opposite actually. Any higher in bf there's a higher risk for estrogen related sides, bad blood work, high bp, decreased insulin sensitivity etc.

So WOO, why do you prefer low carbs?

Have you noticed a difference in body composition  low vs high carb as well?

For me, even training naturally on higher carbs I found weight to come on too quick vs low carb. Dieting on higher carbs also makes me hungrier and my energy levels seems to be lower than on low carbs.

beans21

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »
thanks guys. I want to do some underwater weighing when I'm almost done with my prep. I've actually never even done anything like that. just always estimated. be cool to see how lean i can get. was a fat kid pushing 30%bf easy. looked like a blob. I'm short so it didn't look good at all lol

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 07:59:17 AM »
yeah. I know it's high. I have only done 1 show but plan to do another 1 obviously. I don't eat that much, just carb sensitive. my bf jumped 10% in 4 months with no more than 150g carbs daily. except for my weekly cheat meal.
lol

well, you cant say "except my cheat meal", as if it didnt happen.

its bit like saying i go to church every day but i murder someone once weekly.

depending on protein and fat intake, 150day plus cheat meal can be bit too much.

forget the underwater weighing, youll see in the mirror when youre lean, or when your skinfold is really thin.

if 150gr carbs has tendency to bring you to 15%, then youre in neck deep shit, i foresee a diet with lots of cardio,or very little carbs.

how much protein and fats you eating?
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »

don't want to be an asshole here but that doesn't make any sense

carb sensitive sounds like a marketing ploy

and if you are gaining weight you either eat too much or don't move enough

try keeping a foodlog and fitness journal...
nono,someppl are insulin resistent and then it happens, even little carbs make one fat, but hes doing something wrong to be 15%.he picked the wrong term.
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:41 AM »
they are called skinny people...

people who can't eat "as many carbs" are called fat people

"metabolic syndrome" is good old soft bodied fatness

if you live at 10% BF or less there are no issues...

porkers who live at 20%+ and pretend they're at 14%... wait, that's most of getbig....

nvm.... preaching to the deaf
yup when leaner, you get away with more.

and indeed no cals feels easier than some cals,its all in the head.

metabolic syndrome, insulin resistency, all the same thing.

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:33 AM »
how I look on the right as of now. I'm assuming around 15%. left was 4weeks out.. Ill prob get flack for gyno but oh well.
lol, thats way under 15% even on the left pic,lol.

the issue here is youre overestimating your bodyfat,very rare.

looking great, oh well the gyno can be fixed.
n

beans21

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »
Im eating 300g p/ 90g f / 150g c as of now. my weekly cheat meal is usually the same. burger, fries, and a coke. my last prep ended with no carbs and 2 hours of cardio daily. don't wanna go that route again if I can avoid it. that's why I'm trying to start 20 weeks out. my goal is to cut cardio early if I can.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Im eating 300g p/ 90g f / 150g c as of now. my weekly cheat meal is usually the same. burger, fries, and a coke. my last prep ended with no carbs and 2 hours of cardio daily. don't wanna go that route again if I can avoid it. that's why I'm trying to start 20 weeks out. my goal is to cut cardio early if I can.
dont even worry you can cut the cardio way down, and maybe little bit less carbs and thats it.

youre in great shape and a good dieter, you just think too lowly of yourself :D
n

beans21

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »
Thanks man. I hope I can keep the carbs. No carbs is complete hell. I can't take the credit the first time around had a prep coach. this time I'm trying to save that expense. I may use a local guy at around a month out. for that final tweaking of everything. diet, training, posing. but that is up in the air. I'd rather be that guy who says he's higher in bf than the one who claims he's 5% bf and actually far from it. I usually don't post pics anywhere but I knew where this thread would go if I didn't lol.