Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26384 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
$8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »
This is the result of libtards' campaign on minimum wage increases and their attacks on businesses, like Wal-Mart, for paying their employees what they are worth.

Seeking to increase pressure on McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other fast-food restaurants, organizers of a movement demanding a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers say they will sponsor one-day strikes in 100 cities on Thursday and protest activities in 100 additional cities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/business/economy/wage-strikes-planned-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

(December 1, 2013)
Seeking to increase pressure on McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other fast-food restaurants, organizers of a movement demanding a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers say they will sponsor one-day strikes in 100 cities on Thursday and protest activities in 100 additional cities.

As the movement struggles to find pressure points in its quest for substantially higher wages for workers, organizers said strikes were planned for the first time in cities like Charleston, S.C.; Providence, R.I.; and Pittsburgh.

The protests have expanded greatly since November 2012, when 200 fast-food workers engaged in a one-day strike at more than 20 restaurants in New York City, the first such walkout in the history of the nation’s fast-food industry.

Officials with the National Restaurant Association have said the one-day strikes are publicity stunts. They warn that increasing pay to $15 an hour when the federal minimum wage is $7.25 would cause restaurants to rely more on automation and hire fewer workers.

Industry officials say that only a small percentage of fast-food jobs pay the minimum wage and that those are largely entry-level jobs for workers under 25.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:56:23 AM »
So if fast food workers ever get paid $15 and hour, then how much should Wal-Mart stockers get? $30 an hour? Does that sound fair?

Idiots.

How much are you willing to pay for the goods at wal-mart, McD's? Libtards think that they won't have to pay for it. As if the corporations are just going to hand it over from their funds.

The wage increase will get passed on to the consumer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 10:57:42 AM »
Cutting off nose to spite face.  Very short-sighted and wrongheaded approach.  All consumers will suffer.  But those people just don't get it. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
Increase wages for no reason.

Increase them for workers that are not worth such wage increases. There is no fast food worker alive whose productivity is worth $15/hr. NONE.

Those increases will result in higher cost of goods, loss of jobs, and eventually it could bankrupt businesses.

Of course libtards forget that the giant corporations are not the only businesses bound by those wage increases. Did they forget about the small business, the mom and pop shops? Yeah, lets make it harder on the middle class. What is left of it.

Morons.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
"We have no skills but we demand a skilled wage!!!"

lulz, fucking dumbasses. I wonder if peoole working at a skilled job will quit and start flipping burgers at mcdonalds?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:55 AM »

lulz, fucking dumbasses. I wonder if peoole working at a skilled job will quit and start flipping burgers at mcdonalds?

Hey!!!   >:( 

It takes mad skillz to whip up a Big Mac and not ralf into it.  ;D

i guess they're trying to say inflations is getting so out of hand that $15/hr is no longer a skilled wage.

But I've always contended that wages are better than profits!

Wanna meet a McD's worker making $5,000 per week?

Wanna meet an unemployed person making 6 figures a month?
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
This is the result of libtards' campaign on minimum wage increases and their attacks on businesses, like Wal-Mart, for paying their employees what they are worth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/business/economy/wage-strikes-planned-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

(December 1, 2013)

As the movement struggles to find pressure points in its quest for substantially higher wages for workers, organizers said strikes were planned for the first time in cities like Charleston, S.C.; Providence, R.I.; and Pittsburgh.

The protests have expanded greatly since November 2012, when 200 fast-food workers engaged in a one-day strike at more than 20 restaurants in New York City, the first such walkout in the history of the nation’s fast-food industry.

Officials with the National Restaurant Association have said the one-day strikes are publicity stunts. They warn that increasing pay to $15 an hour when the federal minimum wage is $7.25 would cause restaurants to rely more on automation and hire fewer workers.

Industry officials say that only a small percentage of fast-food jobs pay the minimum wage and that those are largely entry-level jobs for workers under 25.

Greedy bastards :P

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »

(December 1, 2013)

I think it's a good deal, but sorry if it prices you out of fast food. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

exactly these idiots dont realize that if they get what they want they will probably be replaced by more qualified applicants.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 05:30:52 PM »
I propose a federally mandated law upping the minimum wage to 50, no make that 75 dollars an hour and new shiny first place trophies mailed in to every United States citizen, and all illegal aliens undocumented workers at the beginning of each year.

Then we shall be well along the way to Utopia.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »
Just because your job requires no skill and your entirely expendable doesn't mean you deserve to spend your life living on a budget!
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
LOL @ $15 an hour.   Anyone who has worked fast food - particularly at night - know what really goes on.   Sex at work, people smoking pot, playing on phones half the night... it's a crappy job but not a totally difficult one, and there's tons of down time to goof off.  Paying someone $15 an hour is 25 cents a minute.  They sit for a lot of minutes. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:39 PM »
LOL @ $15 an hour.   Anyone who has worked fast food - particularly at night - know what really goes on.   Sex at work, people smoking pot, playing on phones half the night... it's a crappy job but not a totally difficult one, and there's tons of down time to goof off.  Paying someone $15 an hour is 25 cents a minute.  They sit for a lot of minutes. 
totally difficult?

explain the difficulties of a job that you discribed

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 06:07:35 PM »

I had a few friends that worked fast food back in the day...they'd wait til about 2 before closing... walk across the street to the supermarket, buy a case of beer, stock it in the cooler and everyone would drink and smoke weed behind the dumpster til 11pm or midnight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »
totally difficult?

explain the difficulties of a job that you discribed

like, it sucked.  I worked mcdonalds.  there would be days when I did nothing but cook 12 burger patties for 8 straight hours, minus breaks.  That part sucked. 

there were times of making out and handjobs in breakrooms.  Lots of employees got high in the freezer or fridge (not for me, but hey, lots of others do).   

It was hot at times, I was sleepy working late at times (I was way younger).   Fast food work did suck at times.  But there was a TON of down time - and this was LONG before smart phones. 

I dont like the idea of a higher min wage that's above value.  We already can classify people as "waitresses or waiters" for $2.15 an hour or whatever. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »
like, it sucked.  I worked mcdonalds.  there would be days when I did nothing but cook 12 burger patties for 8 straight hours, minus breaks.  That part sucked. 

there were times of making out and handjobs in breakrooms.  Lots of employees got high in the freezer or fridge (not for me, but hey, lots of others do).   

It was hot at times, I was sleepy working late at times (I was way younger).   Fast food work did suck at times.  But there was a TON of down time - and this was LONG before smart phones. 

I dont like the idea of a higher min wage that's above value.  We already can classify people as "waitresses or waiters" for $2.15 an hour or whatever. 
I asked you to describe the difficulties of this type of work and you give me this diatribe?

::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »

I hope there were girls on that shift  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 06:21:57 PM »

I hope there were girls on that shift  :D

Haha that's pretty funny  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 06:25:02 PM »
I asked you to describe the difficulties of this type of work and you give me this diatribe?

::)

Oh, the air is greasy.  Really hot or really cold, coming from the window.  And the smell, ugh, it's this weird plastic burnt smell 24/7.  Skin was always wearing this stink, this coat of grease.

I've done grocery stocking (physically tougher) and landscaping (WAY more physically demanding), teaching (way more stressful).  Fast food wasn't all that bad, lots of chill time.  But yeah, lots of just grease & stink.  Speed, speed, speed.  Cooking the same 12 patties for 250 straight minutes, it really kills the brain.

I hope there were girls on that shift  :D

Hey, I'm a bleeding heart lib, I like vagina.  No toe-tapping in stalls or wearing diapers for hookers for me...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 06:37:43 PM »

Hey, I'm a bleeding heart lib, I like vagina.  No toe-tapping in stalls or wearing diapers for hookers for me...
[/quote]

:D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
When I worked food service, it was literally the most moronic job. You could train a fucking monkey to run a register better than some of the clowns they actually have to pay money for.

And at night? Forget it. Shut down early, eat the food and make it disappear. Take customers money and delete the order and give them the food.

Get stoned in the freezer.

Fuck a coworker on the prep table, while preparing food for the day. Basically do whatever the fuck you want when you're not actually cooking or taking orders, because the managers don't give a shit and are drunk half the time.

These people don't deserve 5 an hour, let alone 15. And I sure as hell didn't either when I worked there. People working these jobs and expecting to make a living are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet and literally have nothing of any value to anyone. Hell, they can't even count change, so they made the registers do it for them.... and the morons STILL can't do it right.

Hell, 1 in 3 people that worked with me could NOT do basic math, or comprehend basic english (even though they were born and raised in the US).

And these are the people that think they deserve 15 an hour. They think this, because theyre too fucking dumb to realize how fucking dumb they are.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
They think this, because theyre too fucking dumb to realize how fucking dumb they are.
sounds like a lot of libtards around here

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
When I worked food service, it was literally the most moronic job. You could train a fucking monkey to run a register better than some of the clowns they actually have to pay money for.

And at night? Forget it. Shut down early, eat the food and make it disappear. Take customers money and delete the order and give them the food.

Get stoned in the freezer.

Fuck a coworker on the prep table, while preparing food for the day. Basically do whatever the fuck you want when you're not actually cooking or taking orders, because the managers don't give a shit and are drunk half the time.

These people don't deserve 5 an hour, let alone 15. And I sure as hell didn't either when I worked there. People working these jobs and expecting to make a living are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet and literally have nothing of any value to anyone. Hell, they can't even count change, so they made the registers do it for them.... and the morons STILL can't do it right.

Hell, 1 in 3 people that worked with me could NOT do basic math, or comprehend basic english (even though they were born and raised in the US).

And these are the people that think they deserve 15 an hour. They think this, because theyre too fucking dumb to realize how fucking dumb they are.

THIS.   Accurate description of what goes on.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:07 AM »

(December 1, 2013)

If all of the workers had their pay at 15.00 an hour, the prices for food would not double......that's ridiculous thinking.  In fact the prices would not even go up at all and a number of places have figured that out by raising their pay. Obviously that's flat earther caveman conservative thinking

With that being said, honestly, I don't think that a fast food worker should get 15.00 dollars an hour....maybe 9 or 10 bucks an hour in areas where the cost of living is high. 
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 05:36:55 AM »

If all of the workers had their pay at 15.00 an hour, the prices for food would not double......that's ridiculous thinking.  In fact the prices would not even go up at all and a number of places have figured that out by raising their pay. Obviously that's flat earther caveman conservative thinking

Typical man-made global warming libtard thinking being displayed by the above post.

The cost of the product will increase. Whether it is double, half or a third, IT WILL INCREASE. And if they don't increase it on the food, they will pass it on to the customer one way or another. That is inevitable.

Only libtards believe that it doesn't change a thing. But what can we expect from dumb democrats? These are the same idiots who have doubled the deficit, double the cost of obamacrapcare and can't even set up a functioning website after being given 3 years of preparation.