Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26712 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2013, 01:52:32 AM »
15 dollar burger flippers will mean that people who work in retail will start at 15 dollars.

You realize that managers in retail stores make less than that.

On top of your 8 dollar big mac, you will have a pair of levis for 90 bucks.

Yeah, that's gonna work.

You guys who think that doubling the minimum wage is going to be a great thing are going to be sorely surprised should it happen... You won't be able to afford shit yourselves.

You are buffoons.

It's not an attempt to double the minimum wage. It is an attempt to increase the minimum pay scale for McD's employees in the fast food workers union.  This does not affect non union workers.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »
First of all 15 dollars an hour is what people are ASKING for... So it's not about what YOU said... it's about what the people are PROTESTING for.

They are ASKING for 15 dollars an hour.

You compare things to other countries, but those countries don't have things other people here have. Like everyone owning a car. Or needing to drive to work. So now, when you go to get gas in the US and it's moved up to 8 dollars a gallon because the minimum wage has moved.

And someone makes 15 bucks an hour already isn't being paid more... how the fuck are they supposed to afford that 8 dollar a gallon gas to pay the gas station attendant.

The protesters made the number double... That's why everyone is using that number... homie.

Tu, the price at the gas pump will not go up because the guy who makes your Big Mac now makes $15/ hour.  ::)

Gas will go to $8 / gallon because Bernanke and soon to be Yellen have the digital printing presses on overdrive

Btw: Those "other" countries to which you refer (Canada, Australia, Germany etc) also have cars that run on gas.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2013, 02:56:44 AM »
it is like that everywhere.   cost of replacing/training that employee to have that skillset.

To be CEO, you probably spend 4-6 years in college, you're a bright person, you understand some high level business concepts, and you get shit done... there are a lot of people that want the job, and they sacrifice a lot to get there.

An employee at the restaurant (I worked in one in Ohio and one in FL) can be trained in just a few days.  You attend Hamburger U and get the basics, then you follow another worker all day and emulate them.  Me, they were shortstaffed, so 10 minutes in, I was haphazardly flipping 12 patties at a time and baking the buns. 

it is like that in sports... you can train a person to be a ballboy, but what is the cost of replacement to obtain & train another LeBron James?   19 million, the market says.

sucks... but at the same time... the CEo spent a lot of saturday nights with his nose in an accounting book or doing internships or trying & failing with business models... but the fry cook had the freedom to goof off on saturday night, smoke a little reefer in the cooler, have sex in his hatchback with a female employee, sleep in til noon on Sunday, etc.   There are ups and downs of both.  The CEO's life, while he has more $, is also packed with serious stress & pressure the worker may not feel.  Worker loses his job, he can crash at moms for 2 months and regroup.  CEO loses his job, and it's a much bigger fall.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »
Tu, the price at the gas pump will not go up because the guy who makes your Big Mac now makes $15/ hour.  ::)

Gas will go to $8 / gallon because Bernanke and soon to be Yellen have the digital printing presses on overdrive

Btw: Those "other" countries to which you refer (Canada, Australia, Germany etc) also have cars that run on gas.
fucking shit youre an idiot

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »

Holy hell, you don't get it.

First off... I didn't say "Canada", so stop that right now.

I don't know what the minimum wage is in Canada, but I bet it's not 15 dollars an hour.

To own you a bit more here...

The countries that I DID use... Germany and Australia (because someone else said those countries and used their minimum wage) do not have the high sales of automobiles that the US does. Most people in those countries use public transportation. MOST people in the US do NOT... so gas prices affect more US citizens as a percentage and as a real number (since neither of those countries has the population of the US) than it affects THOSE countries.

If minimum wage moves, it moves everywhere... The burger maker, the Wal-Mart greeter... The guy sitting behind the glass at the self service gas pump.

You are absolutely bat-shit crazy if you don't think it will impact a whole hell of a lot more than you are making it out.

Also, you can talk shit about Bernanke and gang all you want, but they've worked very hard to keep inflation low even AFTER this "printing of money" you claim is happening.

Your minimum wage move will impact it almost instantly. You're completely foolish if you think otherwise.

This is not a politics thing for me... I don't subscribe to parties... NONE of them... I'm just a reasonable person.

You are being unreasonable and for that I'm sorry.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Holy hell, you don't get it.

First off... I didn't say "Canada", so stop that right now.

I don't know what the minimum wage is in Canada, but I bet it's not 15 dollars an hour.

I don't know what the minimum wage is here in Canada either. I think it might be set provincially.

To own you a bit more here...

The countries that I DID use... Germany and Australia (because someone else said those countries and used their minimum wage) do not have the high sales of automobiles that the US does.

Germany has extremely high auto sales, ...but not sure sales have much to do with it.
I would think domestic usages of automobiles is more relevant than numbers of sales.

Most people in those countries use public transportation. MOST people in the US do NOT... so gas prices affect more US citizens as a percentage and as a real number (since neither of those countries has the population of the US) than it affects THOSE countries.

If minimum wage moves, it moves everywhere... The burger maker, the Wal-Mart greeter... The guy sitting behind the glass at the self service gas pump.

The guy sitting behind the glass at the self service gas pump getting a raise is not going to cause the price consumers pay to increase. If it affects anything, it will affect the cost of that stale bag of peanuts, the bubble gum, and or the cigarettes.

What WILL affect the price at the pump, is the devaluation, and loss of purchasing power currently being orchestrated by the Federal Reserve.

You are absolutely bat-shit crazy if you don't think it will impact a whole hell of a lot more than you are making it out.

Also, you can talk shit about Bernanke and gang all you want, but they've worked very hard to keep inflation low even AFTER this "printing of money" you claim is happening.

Now who is bat-shit crazy? LOL  :D

Bernanke and gang have NOT been trying to keep inflation low, ...they've been trying to CREATE it.
They are delusional enough to think they can control it, ...actually, more accurately, they believe the public is delusional enough to think they can control it, ...but it is beyond their control. The money they are printing hand over fist is simply being hoarded by the banks and kept out of circulation... for now, however, at some point, all that cash WILL flood into the market, resulting in a hyper inflationary deflation. I realize that sounds like quite the contradiction, ...an oxymoron even, but let me explain.  The very 'assets' Americans own, or went into debt to purchase (homes, land, etc) will deflate. These will drop in price, while the nominal debt due on them (loans, mortgages etc.,) will inflate. The price for food & fuel, will go up, while the purchasing power of the dollar goes down.

Your minimum wage move will impact it almost instantly. You're completely foolish if you think otherwise.

This is not a politics thing for me... I don't subscribe to parties... NONE of them... I'm just a reasonable person.

You are being unreasonable and for that I'm sorry.

I'm not saying it won't have any impact, it will, ...but it won't be the end of the world as some are making it out to be. In the end, it will do more good than it does harm. If being under the impression that McDonalds will survive, and be able to make do with only $30 billion /yr in annual profits off the backs of their workers, instead of $33 billion /yr, ...then ya, call me unreasonable, ...especially if it means more people are able to support themselves, and live in dignity, instead of having to rely on government assistance. Btw: Where do you think the government gets the money for the meagre assistance it doles out to those on assistance?
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
I don't know what the minimum wage is here in Canada either. I think it might be set provincially.

Germany has extremely high auto sales, ...but not sure sales have much to do with it.
I would think domestic usages of automobiles is more relevant than numbers of sales.

The guy sitting behind the glass at the self service gas pump getting a raise is not going to cause the price consumers pay to increase. If it affects anything, it will affect the cost of that stale bag of peanuts, the bubble gum, and or the cigarettes.

What WILL affect the price at the pump, is the devaluation, and loss of purchasing power currently being orchestrated by the Federal Reserve.

Now who is bat-shit crazy? LOL  :D

Bernanke and gang have NOT been trying to keep inflation low, ...they've been trying to CREATE it.
They are delusional enough to think they can control it, ...actually, more accurately, they believe the public is delusional enough to think they can control it, ...but it is beyond their control. The money they are printing hand over fist is simply being hoarded by the banks and kept out of circulation... for now, however, at some point, all that cash WILL flood into the market, resulting in a hyper inflationary deflation. I realize that sounds like quite the contradiction, ...an oxymoron even, but let me explain.  The very 'assets' Americans own, or went into debt to purchase (homes, land, etc) will deflate. These will drop in price, while the nominal debt due on them (loans, mortgages etc.,) will inflate. The price for food & fuel, will go up, while the purchasing power of the dollar goes down.

I'm not saying it won't have any impact, it will, ...but it won't be the end of the world as some are making it out to be. In the end, it will do more good than it does harm. If being under the impression that McDonalds will survive, and be able to make do with only $30 billion /yr in annual profits off the backs of their workers, instead of $33 billion /yr, ...then ya, call me unreasonable, ...especially if it means more people are able to support themselves, and live in dignity, instead of having to rely on government assistance. Btw: Where do you think the government gets the money for the meagre assistance it doles out to those on assistance?

Do you think that people will all of a sudden start working because of a raise of minimum wage?

Historically, that is not accurate.

Also, if you think they are trying to CREATE inflation, why is inflation as low as it has been for so long?

The facts do not equal your narrative.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2013, 03:12:32 PM »
Do you think that people will all of a sudden start working because of a raise of minimum wage?

Historically, that is not accurate. 

I'm not referring to the unemployed, wasn't even referring to minimum wage.
I was referring to minimum pay scale for unionized McDonalds worker. Big difference.

Also, if you think they are trying to CREATE inflation, why is inflation as low as it has been for so long?

The facts do not equal your narrative.

Because of deflation. Bernanke and crew have been trying to outrun deflation by creating inflation.
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
I'm not referring to the unemployed, wasn't even referring to minimum wage.
I was referring to minimum pay scale for unionized McDonalds worker. Big difference.

Because of deflation. Bernanke and crew have been trying to outrun deflation by creating inflation.

Still hasn't happened.

This doom and gloom you speak of has been going on for about 12 years now... Is it all great, nope.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2013, 03:24:13 PM »
Still hasn't happened.

This doom and gloom you speak of has been going on for about 12 years now... Is it all great, nope.

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Meet a McDonalds worker who has worked for McDonalds for 10 years.

Here's what happened when she called their helpline in search of some assistance:

w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
Meet a McDonalds worker who has worked for McDonalds for 10 years.

Here's what happened when she called their helpline in search of some assistance:

Dude... wh y the fuck is she working at Mcdonalds for 10 years.. and why the fuck is she trying to support kids on a McDonalds salary.

Go do something different... don't stay at the same dead end job and bitch about how shitty life is. Move up.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »
Dude... wh y the fuck is she working at Mcdonalds for 10 years.. and why the fuck is she trying to support kids on a McDonalds salary.

Go do something different... don't stay at the same dead end job and bitch about how shitty life is. Move up.

This.

McDonalds is a starter job for teenagers and college kids with no skills.

It's not typically a career move.

After 10 years why isn't she in a managerial post?

Did she move up from burgers to fries after 7 years?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
This.

McDonalds is a starter job for teenagers and college kids with no skills.

It's not typically a career move.

After 10 years why isn't she in a managerial post?

Did she move up from burgers to fries after 7 years?
Seriously... she must be a pretty fucking terrible employee if shes just a line worker.

No sympathy for her, clearly she sucks at life.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
Seriously... she must be a pretty fucking terrible employee if shes just a line worker.

No sympathy for her, clearly she sucks at life.

Didnt you use to be a junkie?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »

Didnt you use to be a junkie?
Yup. And I climbed out of that hell, put myself to school, and have a promising career (where I started out making more than double what she makes at McDonalds), a healthy one year old son, and a beautiful wife.

Hence the zero sympathy part. I'm sorry, but I have no feelings for someone who just sits on their ass and bitches... if I can turn my life around from the shitstorm I was in, anyone can. They just have to get of their ass and actually make a change.

It's easy to sit around, bitch, and ask for handouts. It's not so easy to actually make a change. People that really, really, try and make a better life, and they run into roadblocks... thats one thing. But someone that works the same fucking dead end minimum wage burger flipping job is either lazy as fuck, stupid as fuck, or a combination thereof.

No sympathy.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
Does that mean you dont have any sympathy for anyone who hasnt been in your shoes?

And even so she is not asking for your sympathy only a raise.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
Does that mean you dont have any sympathy for anyone who hasnt been in your shoes?

And even so she is not asking for your sympathy only a raise.
No, of course not.
As I said, I have no sympathy for a woman that has worked the same MINIMUM WAGE, SKILL LESS, DEAD END JOB for TEN FUCKING YEARS(!!!!!), bitching about not getting paid enough, but not getting off her ass and moving to a better job.

You're not going to get a raise at McDonalds.. Its not a career. Everyone knows that. Shes a fucking moron for trying to make a career out of being a burger flipper... and if she was worth a shit, they probably would have made her a manager.

Sorry, that woman deserves exactly what she's getting... if for only the fact that shes worked there for 10 fucking years and hasn't tried to make a change.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
What makes you think she can get a better job?
Education costs money.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2013, 09:36:58 PM »
What makes you think she can get a better job?
Education costs money.
so her options are education or mcdonalds? There is jo other jobs out there? No grants for single mothers? No student loans?

she has options... she has many routes available to her to either ger educated or at the very least find another unskilled job with some OTJ thay pays better, like an office assistant.

Shes either lazy as fuck, in which case fuck her, or shes a terrible employee, in which case shes making what she deserves.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2013, 08:57:24 AM »
How do you know she can get another job just like that?

Is unemployment not pretty high?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
How do you know she can get another job just like that?

Is unemployment not pretty high?

ITS BEEN 10 FUCKING YEARS!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
ITS BEEN 10 FUCKING YEARS!!!

I've had no issues.

How about you Tony? You had problems landing a job?

I don't buy it... A lot of unemployment's problem is liars trying to get free money.

I know a crew of people who work a job that is a "10 month" job... To keep from being full time, the company has a rule stating that they must take 2 months off.

This means they file for unemployment... Now of course, the rule is that you have to apply for jobs... So they go apply for jobs they are either extremely over qualified for or applying for jobs they have no business getting.

All to keep the unemployment checks flowing.

So while it's high, I don't buy that it's high because the economy is bad... Most standard economic indicators out there says otherwise.

A lot of it is just people being fuckin' lazy.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2013, 11:03:34 AM »
I've had no issues.

How about you Tony? You had problems landing a job?

I don't buy it... A lot of unemployment's problem is liars trying to get free money.

I know a crew of people who work a job that is a "10 month" job... To keep from being full time, the company has a rule stating that they must take 2 months off.

This means they file for unemployment... Now of course, the rule is that you have to apply for jobs... So they go apply for jobs they are either extremely over qualified for or applying for jobs they have no business getting.

All to keep the unemployment checks flowing.

So while it's high, I don't buy that it's high because the economy is bad... Most standard economic indicators out there says otherwise.

A lot of it is just people being fuckin' lazy.
ive had zero issues getting a job as well, even in 08-10, before I gor my education and right after the crash.

This woman sounds like she is a terrible employee... who works at Mcdonalds for 10 years without making manager?

There is plenty of jobs out there... especially ones that are marginally better than mcdonalds.  I dont know anyone who wanted tk work and couldnt...
I know plenty if people that refused to work because they couldnt find a job that paid the same or better than they got prior to rhe recession,so they stayed on unemployement because it was easier abd they refused to work for less than their highest income.

especially in texas, if you couldnt find a job in texas you were a fucking failure.

a woman that works for the same entry level minimum wage job for 10 years either has no work ethic, no skills, no drive, or is a complete idiot.
IMHO shes probably making exactly what shes worth. If she was worth more shed have gone out and made a change by now.

seriously, people are guaranteed a living wage just for existing... you camt assume someone should have a raise just because she takes up space....

if I was her manager id be telling her to go look for a job that actually has the opportunity to move up.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »

Like what? ...staying home collecting welfare, ...at taxpayers expense?
w