Author Topic: Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim  (Read 65972 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
It wasn't an issue?
It was made an issue by the likes of people like blacken and 240 but it was never  an issue in regards to the trial

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »
you have to ask? you don't know, hahahaha it's getbig, :D :D :D :D :D :D :D you thought this was a real political site  :D :D :D :D your toooo much

I understand this is a bodybuilding forum, a forum with many boards

One of which is a political board, which you specifically said it was not.

Nice try brain child, again you're on a roll so keep it up lol

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 09:03:02 PM »
I understand this is a bodybuilding forum, a forum with many boards

One of which is a political board, which you specifically said it was not.

Nice try brain child, again you're on a roll so keep it up lol

hahahahahha your toooo dumb ,so if there was a board on here that said for Rhodes scholars only you would probably think that everyone on there was one  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 09:15:28 PM »
It wasn't an issue?

zimmerman's attorney announced on a thursday night they'd be using stand your gound.

over the next 2 days, there was a shitstorm of "oh, no way..." from everyone up to the author of the bill.

Sunday morning, he politely changed policy.  Thanks to that, however, cawksuckers like Bloomberg started their anti-SYG bullshit.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »
zimmerman's attorney announced on a thursday night they'd be using stand your gound.

over the next 2 days, there was a shitstorm of "oh, no way..." from everyone up to the author of the bill.

Sunday morning, he politely changed policy.  Thanks to that, however, cawksuckers like Bloomberg started their anti-SYG bullshit.  

Are you insinuating that he forgo the pre-trial because of "uproar" from like-minded SYG supporters?  bwahahaha. ::)

Or was it for tactical reasons to not give the prosecution a peak at their defense for the actual trial?

You know, you'd make for a great fictional author 240.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
Are you insinuating that he forgo the pre-trial because of "uproar" from like-minded SYG supporters?  bwahahaha. ::)

Or was it for tactical reasons to not give the prosecution a peak at their defense for the actual trial?

You know, you'd make for a great fictional author 240.

If it was to fool the prosecution, it would have lasted more than 48 hours lol.  It was grasping at straws.  

anyway, this case has nothing to do with stand your ground - this is CASTLE DOCTRINE.  He will argue his yard was part of the house.  He *could* go with feared for life, but it's very thin, particuarly because if he feared that much, he would have waited longer for police. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 07:32:23 AM »
If it was to fool the prosecution, it would have lasted more than 48 hours lol.  It was grasping at straws.  

anyway, this case has nothing to do with stand your ground - this is CASTLE DOCTRINE.  He will argue his yard was part of the house.  He *could* go with feared for life, but it's very thin, particuarly because if he feared that much, he would have waited longer for police. 

You just can't argue with this. This case is so much more clear cut than the Trayvon case.  He should have retreated into his house.  My brother, who is a cop, said don't shoot in a situation like this until they are in or are attemping to gain entry into your home. 

Now, does the guy deserve a life sentence, probably not.  I don't think this was a malicious act of violence. He probably felt scared and threatened and made poor choices out of fear.  He didn't know who was outside or if there were others.   Negligent homicide at the most. 
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2013, 07:37:25 AM »
So basically....

SYG won't likely be used and the thread title is shit.

Why am i not surprised?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »
You just can't argue with this. This case is so much more clear cut than the Trayvon case.  He should have retreated into his house.  My brother, who is a cop, said don't shoot in a situation like this until they are in or are attemping to gain entry into your home. 

Now, does the guy deserve a life sentence, probably not.  I don't think this was a malicious act of violence. He probably felt scared and threatened and made poor choices out of fear.  He didn't know who was outside or if there were others.   Negligent homicide at the most. 

He probably felt anger, to be honest. 

He called 911 and had the sense to wait 10 minutes.  My guess is that he decided, after ten minutes, to handle things on his own.  For 600 seconds, he KNEW the right thing to do was to stay inside.  That makes it worse on him.  Someone knocks, you walk outside, and there's a confrontation, it's just your word against a dead man.  But someone knocks, you call 911 in fear, then you count to 600 and run out the door, guns blazing.. what changed?  You were less scared (no good for a legal shoot) or you were angry and impatient and wanted to get this party started.  I dont know any other reason you'd leave security of home, with police on the way, when you've already shown the good judgment to wait ten minutes. 

I cant wait for the 911 calls... I bet he called repeatedly and I bet he's in the background saying things like "they'd better hurry, or I'm going to do this myself..."   Of course it's natural to be angry when someone is in "your space" like your yard... but you have to restrain yourself, lay on the ground with weapon, face the door, and just wait it out. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »

You mean like this?

"Police said Westbrook had been walking around in the cold for hours when he went to Hendrix's home and began ringing the doorbell and jiggling the front door handle."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wandering-man-alzheimer-mistaken-burglar-shot-killed-article-1.1532714#ixzz2mWcM6wkc

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 08:51:23 AM »
"Police said Westbrook had been walking around in the cold for hours when he went to Hendrix's home and began ringing the doorbell and jiggling the front door handle."

You still can't shoot someone for jiggling your door handle.  That's why that have 911.  Yes, you can be very mad or scared they are jiggling your door handle.  But it'd been ten minutes, and the old senile person was unable to get in, so he had gone back into the yard where he was shot. 

beach bum, human life is much  more valuable than just to run out there shooting at something which jiiggled your door handle.  You lay down, you call 911, you point gun at door, and until he actually enters, you don't do a thing.  Nothing.

He had the good sense to call 911.  He had the good sense to wait ten minutes.  I think at that point, he lost his cool, let his emotions get the best of him.  He knew whoever was out there wasn't coming in the door, he knew his life wasn't at risk from that.  He just wanted to go 'reclaim' his yard.

I think if the confrontation happened immediately, it'd be an easy win for the shooter.  The fact he waited ten minutes, THEN went out firing bullets into an unknown situation, well, that ain't so good.  By the way, OZ is right, this isn't stand your ground, not one bit.   Fear for life or castle doctrine.

I dont know what GA laws are on castle doctrine, but in FL, I sure cannot go shoot a person cause they're in my yard.  no way.  Home & inside car, that's it!   And SYG can't apply as the shooter was the one doing the advancing - old man had already left porch, showing retreat.

You cannot shoot someone for being in your yard.  Understand?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »
You don't know what the heck you're talking about. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
Why was my post deleted?    ???

I see 24KT/JaguarEnterprises cried to the mods again who caved in and deleted my post for no reason.

Anyway, the number one killer of black men are black men.  Why aren't we discussing this instead?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
You don't know what the heck you're talking about. 

I understand the value of human life.  I'm a driven, often emotional and angry dude lol.  No dout, I get frustrated easily when contronted with something I consider to be total bullshit.

But there's a switch you have to hit, when danger, life/death, guns & violence come into play.  You have to TURN OFF your emotions.  Anger that some dude is violating your yard.  Fear they might be out there planning something.  Frustration the police are taking too long to arrive.

This dude didn't have the ability to do this for 601 seconds.  He had a timer on how long he could control himself with a weapon.  He couldn't make it 11 minutes under that kind of pressure, and he exploded with 4 bullets into an old man who didn't touch him.

This shooter has proven he doesn't have the emotional capacity to manage the use of firearms.  At the very least, convict him of the smallest possible felony which cannot be expunged, so he can never own/use a firearm again.

This situation could have been any number of things.  Maybe old man was having a stroke, couldn't talk, and ran from next door to have them call 911.  Yes, he jiggled door handle.  He didn't put his foot through the window.  This shooter can't control his emotions.  You have to turn them off if you're going to carry a gun.  Swallow your fear and pride, hold your gun, and WAIT.   That's it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
I understand the value of human life.  I'm a driven, often emotional and angry dude lol.  No dout, I get frustrated easily when contronted with something I consider to be total bullshit.

But there's a switch you have to hit, when danger, life/death, guns & violence come into play.  You have to TURN OFF your emotions.  Anger that some dude is violating your yard.  Fear they might be out there planning something.  Frustration the police are taking too long to arrive.

This dude didn't have the ability to do this for 601 seconds.  He had a timer on how long he could control himself with a weapon.  He couldn't make it 11 minutes under that kind of pressure, and he exploded with 4 bullets into an old man who didn't touch him.

This shooter has proven he doesn't have the emotional capacity to manage the use of firearms.  At the very least, convict him of the smallest possible felony which cannot be expunged, so he can never own/use a firearm again.

This situation could have been any number of things.  Maybe old man was having a stroke, couldn't talk, and ran from next door to have them call 911.  Yes, he jiggled door handle.  He didn't put his foot through the window.  This shooter can't control his emotions.  You have to turn them off if you're going to carry a gun.  Swallow your fear and pride, hold your gun, and WAIT.   That's it. 

The difference between us is I look at the facts and form an opinion.  You just flat out make stuff up.  What I read from that story sounds like a tragic mistake.  And I didn't have to invent stuff to form that opinion (like him running out into his yard and gunning someone down because he was angry).   ::)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
Stand your ground is a just and valid law, and only whiney blacks upset that people can actually defend themselves from their ridiculous crime rate hate it.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 09:28:30 AM »
SUV hits van in Nevada, killing 5 members of L.A.-area family

March 30, 2013|By Ari Bloomekatz

just another tragic mistake  ::)

Five members of a Southern California family -- a man, his teenage daughter, and her aunt and two uncles -- were killed early Saturday in southeastern Nevada when a drunk-driving suspect crashed into the back of their Chevy Astro van on Interstate 15, authorities said.

Loy Hixson of the Nevada Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Jean Soriano was driving a Dodge Durango on I-15 about 30 miles south of Mesquite around 3 a.m. when he struck the back of the Astro - which was carrying seven members of the same family.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
The difference between us is I look at the facts and form an opinion.  You just flat out make stuff up.  What I read from that story sounds like a tragic mistake.  And I didn't have to invent stuff to form that opinion (like him running out into his yard and gunning someone down because he was angry).   ::)

If it happened instantly, we could chalk it up to being a tragic mistake.  Stumbled into the old man, shots fired out of fear.

But he called 911 and waited ten minutes.  He KNEW it was a scary threat outside, and he had the sense to call police.

Knowingly opening the door to fire on someone in your yard is NOT a tragic mistake.  it's murder.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 09:32:53 AM »
SUV hits van in Nevada, killing 5 members of L.A.-area family

March 30, 2013|By Ari Bloomekatz

Email

just another tragic mistake  ::)

Five members of a Southern California family -- a man, his teenage daughter, and her aunt and two uncles -- were killed early Saturday in southeastern Nevada when a drunk-driving suspect crashed into the back of their Chevy Astro van on Interstate 15, authorities said.

Loy Hixson of the Nevada Highway Patrol said 18-year-old Jean Soriano was driving a Dodge Durango on I-15 about 30 miles south of Mesquite around 3 a.m. when he struck the back of the Astro - which was carrying seven members of the same family.

Why are you posting this story from March that has nothing do with a shooting? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
Why are you posting this story from March that has nothing do with a shooting? 

this is just another tragic mistake,right ???  according to you

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »

Drunk driving is never a mistake.  It's a crime.

This story has nothing to with the shooting in Georgia. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »

this shooting is a result of a man being unable to control his anger, frustration and fear for more than 10 minutes.

There's no mistake here.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »
this shooting is a result of a man being unable to control his anger, frustration and fear for more than 10 minutes.

There's no mistake here.

this is what you get when you have a bunch of untrained idiots running aroung with guns

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
this is what you get when you have a bunch of untrained idiots running aroung with guns

it's really more about mental training. 

Some people think they can just chalk up firing 4 rounds into an unknown person when they dont have to as a mistake. 

They need to understand the consequences of their actions.  You dont shoot unless it's a LAST RESORT. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »

What you get is street crime.
A