Author Topic: Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim  (Read 65530 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
Stand Our Ground Law's Latest Victim: 72 yr. old elderly man with Alzheimers.  ::)

w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ga-homeowner-shoots-and-kills-elderly-alzheimers-patient/

Guy knocks on door at 4am.  Doesn't verbally respond when asked and continues to walk towards homeowner.

I don't know the details of stand your ground, but it would seem to difficult to prove the homeowner could conclude he was in danger.   

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
Thought-provoking video.  Especially the last 20 seconds or so.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
who are some other stand your ground victims?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
he didn't answer him so you shot him dead,sounds reasonable  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
Some old guy with Alzheimer felt threatened and shot someone.  He doesn't have all his mental faculties.   This doesn't mean anything.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »
Some old guy with Alzheimer felt threatened and shot someone.  He doesn't have all his mental faculties.   This doesn't mean anything.

you have it backwards

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »

you have it backwards

Even so, it doesn't mean anything. I fail to see how this incident is relevant to anything.  I could list several unfortunate murders in the last week alone.   This doesn't prove a point nor does it establish a trend.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
Even so, it doesn't mean anything. I fail to see how this incident is relevant to anything.  I could list several unfortunate murders in the last week alone.   This doesn't prove a point nor does it establish a trend.

it proves the the shooter in a fucking idiot

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 05:09:44 PM »

Yeah, a lot of people are idiots who do stupid things.  There is a lot of selective concern/interest being demonstrated here.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
Sounds like a tragic mistake.  Nothing more.

Sheriff says Georgia ‘stand-your-ground’ law may apply to fatal shooting of man suffering Alzheimer’s, report says
Published November 29, 2013
FoxNews.com

Investigators search for evidence after a police say a Georgia fatally shot an elderly man suffering from Alzheimer's. Police have not brought charges in the man's death.

It is unclear if a Georgia man will face charges after police say he fatally shot an elderly man suffering from Alzheimer's after the man wandered into his backyard and rang his doorbell at 4 a.m. on Wednesday, The Times Free Press reported.

Sheriff's officials say Ronald Westbrook, 72, had walked about three miles in sub-freezing temperatures with his two dogs, then knocked on 34-year-old Joe Hendrix's door. They say Hendrix, who is "saddened and heartbroken," walked outside the home he rented in the Chickamauga, a neighborhood near the Tennessee border, and confronted Westbrook. He gave several verbal commands but Westbook, who was slow to talk, continued to walk toward him, the paper reported.

"In my personal opinion, I believe that he should have stayed inside the house," he said. "Did he violate any laws by exiting the house? No."
- Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson

Hendrix, fearing for his safety, fired his handgun four times at the man, killing him with a bullet to the chest, police said. Westbrook was holding letters mailed to a home he used to live in in the neighborhood and was wearing a light jacket and straw hat despite freezing temperatures.

Hendrix’s fiancée, was on the phone with 911 and the shooting occurred during the approximately 10-minute wait for deputies to arrive, the report said.

Walker County Coroner W. Dewayne Wilson said Friday in a statement to The Associated Press that the autopsy is scheduled for Saturday at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation lab in Atlanta.

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson has said he had no doubts that Hendrix felt threatened during the encounter. No charges have been filed and they are cooperating, but The Free Press reported that Wilson said a circuit district attorney may bring charges after reviewing the evidence. Wilson said the Georgia "stand-your-ground" law may apply to this case, the report said.

"In my personal opinion, I believe that he should have stayed inside the house," he said. "Did he violate any laws by exiting the house? No."

Georgia's self-defense law generally allows a person to use force when they have reason to believe they are under a physical threat. The law does not necessarily require a person to retreat from a perceived threat even if backing down is possible. That's a distinction from traditional self-defense laws that gave homeowners wide latitude to defend themselves inside their residences, while typically requiring someone in any other location to seek ways to back down without resorting to violent action.

"Mr. Hendrix is clearly saddened and heartbroken," the sheriff said. "Mr. Hendrix has to live with his actions for the rest of his life."

Wilson said a sheriff's deputy had stopped Westbrook earlier in the night standing at a mailbox on nearby Marble Top Road, where Westbrook once lived. Westbrook told the deputy he was getting his mail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/29/sheriff-says-georgia-stand-your-ground-law-may-apply-to-fatal-shooting-man/

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »
Yeah, a lot of people are idiots who do stupid things.  There is a lot of selective concern/interest being demonstrated here.

your right a lot of people are idiots who do stupid things,but a lot of people don't shot a 72 year old man dead

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »
your right a lot of people are idiots who do stupid things,but a lot of people don't shot a 72 year old man dead

Yes they do.  I just don't think you notice unless you can make a political cause out of it.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »

The police were on their way.  He was safe in his house behind locked door.  There was someone in his yard and he didn't know who.  So he grabbed his gun, ran outside, and shot at someone - He had ZERO idea what he was shooting at.  He wasn't in danger.

He should be found guilty of manslaughter, at least.  

What SHOULD he have done?  Laid down on the floor facing the door behind a big hunk of metal.  Sent the kids/wifey to hide in a closet.  AK pointed at the door, giving the best "Come through this door and I'm gonna shoot you 30 times then I'm gonna fck every single one of those holes" in the meanest voice he can muster.   No bad guy would come breaking down a door for this.  

This guy is a stone cold idiot, a danger that belongs behind bars.  He was impatient and fired at something when he didn't even know what it was... fcking idiot.  I'd have no problem giving morons like this the death penalty - ELECTIVE gun battles.  When the shooter leaves safety, with police on the way, to shoot bullets at an unknown figure in the dark.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 05:18:09 PM »
The police were on their way.  He was safe in his house behind locked door.  There was someone in his yard and he didn't know who.  So he grabbed his gun, ran outside, and shot at someone - He had ZERO idea what he was shooting at.  He wasn't in danger.

He should be found guilty of manslaughter, at least.  

What SHOULD he have done?  Laid down on the floor facing the door behind a big hunk of metal.  Sent the kids/wifey to hide in a closet.  AK pointed at the door, giving the best "Come through this door and I'm gonna shoot you 30 times then I'm gonna fck every single one of those holes" in the meanest voice he can muster.   No bad guy would come breaking down a door for this.  

This guy is a stone cold idiot, a danger that belongs behind bars.  He was impatient and fired at something when he didn't even know what it was... fcking idiot.  I'd have no problem giving morons like this the death penalty - ELECTIVE gun battles.  When the shooter leaves safety, with police on the way, to shoot bullets at an unknown figure in the dark.

I concur.  Even without stand your ground type laws, this guy would have behaved recklessly.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 05:19:46 PM »

Yes they do.  I just don't think you notice unless you can make a political cause out of it.

list them

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 05:20:15 PM »
Sounds like a tragic mistake.  Nothing more.

Sheriff says Georgia ‘stand-your-ground’ law may apply to fatal shooting of man suffering Alzheimer’s, report says
Published November 29, 2013
FoxNews.com

He was safe in his house.  Police were on the way.  It wasn't a mistake - it was piss poor judgement and a desire to serve up justice.  Old man at the mailbox reading letters deserves 4 shots?  Gimme a break.  

Totally irresponsible.  Not accidental though.  He purposely said "fck this, I'm not waiting for the police, I'm going to go empty bullets into this person before I have any idea what is going on out there".

Just as easily, he could have killed a cop searching for a suspect.
Just as easily, he could have killed a drink person trying to get in the wrong house.
Just as easily, he could have walked into an ambush.

Or, just as easily, this fckstick could have waited safely in his home, gun in hand, in no danger at all, for police to arrive.

he wanted trigger time.  Anyone who defends this... I hope you never get dementia in your older years and wander across the yards, where your trigger happy neighbor can wait til you stop over the property line and put fifteen .223 rounds in your ass.  See if it feels like a 'tragic mistake' then... it's a prick who wanted trigger time, period.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 05:21:46 PM »
He was safe in his house.  Police were on the way.  It wasn't a mistake - it was piss poor judgement and a desire to serve up justice.  Old man at the mailbox reading letters deserves 4 shots?  Gimme a break.  

Totally irresponsible.  Not accidental though.  He purposely said "fck this, I'm not waiting for the police, I'm going to go empty bullets into this person before I have any idea what is going on out there".

Just as easily, he could have killed a cop searching for a suspect.
Just as easily, he could have killed a drink person trying to get in the wrong house.
Just as easily, he could have walked into an ambush.

Or, just as easily, this fckstick could have waited safely in his home, gun in hand, in no danger at all, for police to arrive.

he wanted trigger time.  Anyone who defends this... I hope you never get dementia in your older years and wander across the yards, where your trigger happy neighbor can wait til you stop over the property line and put fifteen .223 rounds in your ass.  See if it feels like a 'tragic mistake' then... it's a prick who wanted trigger time, period.

Meltdown.  Still just making stuff up I see.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »
I concur.  Even without stand your ground type laws, this guy would have behaved recklessly.

I love it man - We disagree on damn near everything lol...  But on this, we agree.

Personally, I would love to see a reckless cowboy with an itchy trigger finger (like zimmerman or this dude) that provokes a shooting, get served up 20 years in prison.  This guy was just looking for a reason to shoot someone.  I can't wait ot hear the 911 calls... I bet he buries himself with them... "Yall better send the cops or I'm gonna DEAL WITH this guy  myself..."  LOL...  I can just imagine.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
Meltdown.  Still just making stuff up I see.   ::)

of course, you're gonna defend this trigger happy idiot?   

Safe in his home, but he runs outside to shoot someone with zero information.

Anyone who condones this kind of action probably isn't an actual gun owner, and probably doesn't carry a gun.  There is SUCH a huge burden that comes with gun ownership. 

I am actually a little surprised by you, beach bum.  I think the majority of getbiggers will agree this dude was a trigger happy idiot, who desired shooting someone, who was never in fear for his life.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »

Anyone who condones this kind of action probably isn't an actual gun owner, and probably doesn't carry a gun.  There is SUCH a huge burden that comes with gun ownership. 

I am actually a little surprised by you, beach bum.  I think the majority of getbiggers will agree this dude was a trigger happy idiot, who desired shooting someone, who was never in fear for his life.

I'm not surprised by you, just inventing facts as you go along. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 05:28:15 PM »

oh it was just a mistake  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »
list them

Tony Jeter 65  Stabbed to Death and Robbed  11/30/13
Dorothy Hendrix 76 Shot to death  11-26-13
Evelyn Norrell 93 throat slit   11-07-13

This is just a select few.  I have a list going back to the beginning of the year.    But you don't give a fuck unless  you can make it political
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 05:30:16 PM »

oh it was just a mistake  ::)

"A tragic mistake.  nothing more."

Oh shit, I accidentally forgot the police were coming and ran outside to shoot 4 bullets into a shadowy figure in my yard posing zero threat to me cause I was tired of waiting..."

I can't wait to hear the 911 calls.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »
Tony Jeter 65  Stabbed to Death and Robbed  11/30/13
Dorothy Hendrix 76 Shot to death  11-26-13
Evelyn Norrell 93 throat slit   11-07-13

This is just a select few.  I have a list going back to the beginning of the year.    But you don't give a fuck unless  you can make it political

apples and oranges but nice try