Author Topic: Gear now or later  (Read 1584 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
Gear now or later
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:14:57 PM »
Trained hard for 10 years, then had back surgery and so went training. I'm beginning to get back into it and damn is it hard getting started, luckily my old partner is in it with me.

The question is, during the time as a normal human when I wasn't training (about 3 years), I lost whatever muscle I gained and gained whatever fat I lost. I'm probably 25 - 30 lbs overweight, what's the suggestion? Should I train and diet in an attempt to trim down or should I train now and diet later?

Same goes for gear, now or later? What's recommended, I am 30 yrs old and haven't touched sh!t in about 3 years or so. I was a big fan of a nice Durateston - deca cocktail..... suggestions??? should I train a while before I hop back on the juice wagon or can I get right back into it???

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!

whitewidow

Re: Gear now or later
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 12:34:05 PM »
Trained hard for 10 years, then had back surgery and so went training. I'm beginning to get back into it and damn is it hard getting started, luckily my old partner is in it with me.

The question is, during the time as a normal human when I wasn't training (about 3 years), I lost whatever muscle I gained and gained whatever fat I lost. I'm probably 25 - 30 lbs overweight, what's the suggestion? Should I train and diet in an attempt to trim down or should I train now and diet later?

hey bro- did you ever get into physival therapy? If I were you I would start training and dieting- get rid of some of the fat you gained before jumping on cycle. give it 6 months to get your training back in check then hit the juice again.

Same goes for gear, now or later? What's recommended, I am 30 yrs old and haven't touched sh!t in about 3 years or so. I was a big fan of a nice Durateston - deca cocktail..... suggestions??? should I train a while before I hop back on the juice wagon or can I get right back into it???

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »
Yeah, did the whole physical therapy thing, it just took some time for the back to feel "right" not to mention when you train continuoulsy and have to stop, you get into that depression. I worked so hard to get my body where it was and it all disappeared, I couldn't find the strenght to start over again. Now that my old partner is in it with me and not to mention I hit rock bottom as far as my body goes, now I'm ready to roll.

WEAK AS HELL, BUT DETERMINED....

thanks for the reply...

whitewidow

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 01:02:05 PM »
Yeah, did the whole physical therapy thing, it just took some time for the back to feel "right" not to mention when you train continuoulsy and have to stop, you get into that depression. I worked so hard to get my body where it was and it all disappeared, I couldn't find the strenght to start over again. Now that my old partner is in it with me and not to mention I hit rock bottom as far as my body goes, now I'm ready to roll.

WEAK AS HELL, BUT DETERMINED....

thanks for the reply...

I had the same problem- i had a really bad neck and back injury- took me 8 months to get back in the gym- and my back was still not as good as it used to be- I was going to hit the juice as soon as I got back in the gym because I had lost so much size and strength- I decided to wait on the juice- because I knew i could still put on more size and strength by just eating big and training consistently- not neccessarily as heavy as I used to go- but just good form and consistent work-outs- 5 months later i was pretty much were i was before I got hurt- Thats when I started juicing for the first time- dont think I would have touched the stuff- if it were not for the injury.

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 01:26:45 PM »
My ego got the best of me, about a year ago I joined a gym solo. When I realized how weak I was I got discouraged, and quit. It's easy to say "I doesn't matter how much you lift, just lift!" but I am a big guy 6'3 @ 240lbs and when I struggled with 135lbs on bench, it destroyed me. There went the $400 gym membership. Now I am training in my house. I spent the extra dollars on a good bench, plus I have someone giving me a seated calf and a lat pulldown to add to my home gym. Currently I am focusing on moderate weight with at least 15 reps, trying to get my stamina back. I am sure the strenght will follow. At least I don't have people staring at me (or at least I thought they were).

I am now focused and plan to be in shape for the summer. I have currently dramatically cut my carbs with not many of the side effects (Thank GOD!) I already lost 5 lbs in the first week and plan to continue to get down to 215 - 220lbs.

I will continue on this road for at least 3 weeks and then begin to add my complex carbs in SLOWWWLY...

I also need to focus on cardio which I am currently no doing.

Once all the soreness subsides I should be reborn....

View my other subject on "expiration dates">..

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 08:18:34 PM »
should I train a while before I hop back on the juice wagon or can I get right back into it???

Get your routine and muscle memory back in action before you cross over to the "Dark Side" again.

The "Dark Side" will always be here......

ALWAYS......

Trust.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...