Author Topic: Would you like to donate a dollar to....  (Read 4717 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Would you like to donate a dollar to....
« on: December 09, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »
I'm so fucking sick of every checkout counter asking if I want to donate a dollar to some charity.  When you say no you look cheap. Truth is I do donate money, a lot every year but to charities I trust.  Not ones that send nothing to those that need it and use it for pay raises.  It used to be a couple places that do it and now I can't buy shit without getting asked.  Fuck that.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Would you like to donate a dollar to....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
Yes I'll donate a dollar then give them my address and beat the piss out of them.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »
Walgreen is the fucking worst they always have there hands out, fuck give me a break

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:00:30 PM »
white people over think they should be more trusting
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Goebbles had some very good money drives for the needy. It needs to be done. If you don't have it, just say no. I always give to the needy.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »
I've noticed this trend as well.  I got hit up the other day when I was ordering a meatball sandwich for chrissakes.

Charity is great but this is getting ridiculous.  I'm sick of having to tell people no all the time.  No thanks, no, no thank you, no, not today.....  I feel like I'm walking through a third world country where all the little street urchins beg foreigners for money all day.  Fuck off.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »
I've noticed this trend as well.  I got hit up the other day when I was ordering a meatball sandwich for chrissakes.

Charity is great but this is getting ridiculous.  I'm sick of having to tell people no all the time.  No thanks, no, no thank you, no, not today.....  I feel like I'm walking through a third world country where all the little street urchins beg foreigners for money all day.  Fuck off.
See I got you, I am tall but not as tall as Falcon he crushes me. Now as I wear a black and sunglasses some think I am a Mafioso so I just look at them either say no or dont drop no change. Then they try to figure me out as they do here.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 05:36:51 PM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 10:22:11 PM »
The people who ring the bell outside of a store do it the right way. No pressure to give anything. And they aren't allowed to ask for donations...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 10:23:52 PM »
I've noticed this trend as well.  I got hit up the other day when I was ordering a meatball sandwich for chrissakes.

Charity is great but this is getting ridiculous.  I'm sick of having to tell people no all the time.  No thanks, no, no thank you, no, not today.....  I feel like I'm walking through a third world country where all the little street urchins beg foreigners for money all day.  Fuck off.

Agreed. It's odd that any business would allow the asking people for money would be a good thing. How about just have a charity bowl there and not say a word.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 10:24:22 PM »
How about saying 'no thanks' and leaving it at that?  

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
Agreed. Fuck 'em.  They as you as if you had no idea "charities" exists.  Oh really! I can give my money to someone I'll never see and never know? Wow.  Always say no.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 10:33:18 PM »
just today, we went out for omelette & muffin at a local restaurant... I donated my change to the little coin box for hungry kids with no homes or something.  No pressure, no problem.

"Would you like to donate a dollar to........"

I will often decline them for being too pushy.  It's a weird social situation to place people in... Anyone who declines is suddenly the biggest dick in the world.  "No, I don't want to help homeless amputee children".   I'm ordering off the dollar menu already, why ya gotta bring this shit up?

But when they don't ask, i'll often give. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »
Much easier when the question just pops up on the debit machine. No one asks out loud, and you can just push NO without feeling prickish. But, yeah, bullshit when the cashier puts you on the spot.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »
How about "would you like to sign up for our advertisement subsidization program rewards card?" every five seconds...

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 11:23:36 PM »
"Sir, would you like to donate $1 or more to arms firms, alcohol manufacturers, tobacco companies, censoring criticism of energy firms, or the paycheck of the 'charity's' CEO?"

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 11:25:35 PM »
I used to manage a fundraising office for non-profits.. legit 501(c)3's

you'd be surprised at how much of your donated money goes to "fundraising costs" which means employees and the salary's of ppl who run the companies.

we'd get sued every week.. no exaggeration. google Westcoast Advertising and Marketing. lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 11:29:45 PM »
I used to manage a fundraising office for non-profits.. legit 501(c)3's

you'd be surprised at how much of your donated money goes to "fundraising costs" which means employees and the salary's of ppl who run the companies.

we'd get sued every week.. no exaggeration. google Westcoast Advertising and Marketing. lol
Sure you did.  :D

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 11:36:33 PM »
Sure you did.  :D

at least he's had a job...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 05:40:00 AM »
I'm so fucking sick of every checkout counter asking if I want to donate a dollar to some charity.  When you say no you look cheap. Truth is I do donate money, a lot every year but to charities I trust.  Not ones that send nothing to those that need it and use it for pay raises.  It used to be a couple places that do it and now I can't buy shit without getting asked.  Fuck that.

Simply respond: "I already give to ____."

I've never had anyone pressure me to give to them as well after I tell them I already give to the RSPCA, which is unfortunate because I don't like being accosted in a shopping center and am really spoiling for an escalating confrontation with one of these guys.  Beating down someone collecting for charity would be legend. 

"I'm gonna donate your fucking organs!"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »
I get asked if I would like to donate at roughly 75%-80% of my normal stops now.  Am I bothered by it?  No.  Do I donate often to these types of things?  No.  Do I feel guilty when asked and not donate?  No.  

The clerks forced to ask for the donations dislike the process far more than we do LOL.  

If you wanna give then do it.  If you don't wanna give then don't.  

If you experience guilt because you don't give on the spot or worry about what the stranger behind you in line or the clerk at the register asking thinks of you then you already have a greater personal issue that needs to be dealt with.

Personally I choose to give regularly, privately and directly to people and places I know I can trust.  If I feel lead to give randomly to someone then I do that too.

Giving should honestly be a process of joy and responsibility (as corny as that sounds).

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 06:11:13 AM »
show them you got the balls to say NO

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 06:22:18 AM »
I have worked in a fundraising department.

Tough business, that.  Total hustle.  

Good money in bequests, mostly - but you can't really budget around that.

You have to do all this awful direct mail, buying lists, dealing with lists, writing sappy stories etc.  

The vogue, these days is to outsource it to shithead companies that pay young women to stand in malls and accost men and old people into "signing up" for monthly contributions - not even a change tin at the desk, because it's illegal for them to take money ::)

Meanwhile, it takes roughly a year (no joke) for the first dollar of yours to get to that charity.  

About once every three months there will be a couple of these lasses, there, sitting at a desk that is strategically placed, as usual, such that there is abso-fucking-lutely no escape from ignoring these cnuts and one of them will be a mouthy bitch who thinks being adversarial to my disinterested brushoff might just land her food on her table.  That I don't like.  

I have at times pulled my phone out and done a ringtone with my mouth, good times ;D