Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 201113 times)

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2013, 05:16:57 PM »
Wow! Derek was such a huge part of the bodybuilding message board culture from the day I started posting.

RIP Derek, you were always entertaining. Nonetheless, Getbig will survive, as it has the last couple of years, without you.
Air Falcon

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »
his legacy

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »
 ;D

That was a classic ..

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #328 on: December 10, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »
Wonder what DA will rock at the funeral?
Classic suit or sleeveless T to show off the guns and tats.

One thing for sure, if he could his last post under his coffin pic " Still bigger than you Vince Sugar tits "

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: December 10, 2013, 05:48:22 PM »
Wonder what DA will rock at the funeral?
Classic suit or sleeveless T to show off the guns and tats.

One thing for sure, if he could his last post under his coffin pic " Still bigger than you Vince Sugar tits "
Always looked very handsome in a suit.  I saw him once at the NY Pro show in 2009.  Walked right past him as I didn't know it was Derek.  He was shaking peoples hands and had the biggest smile on his face.  Looked so professional like a businessman...nothing like a muscle head that you would expect at an expo.  He was working for GAT still.  When I got back to australia I saw a pic from the expo and I was like omg I walked right past you. 

Notsonicemom

• Getbig II
« Reply #330 on: December 10, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
I think he liked you Vince.  He gave you attention and a lot of it.  That's not hate. 

Are you kidding with this Jesus Christ. Let's not paint DA as a saint. It sucks he passed I don't wish that on anyone but let's not think he was this great and powerful OZ

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: December 10, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »
Are you kidding with this Jesus Christ. Let's not paint DA as a saint. It sucks he passed I don't wish that on anyone but let's not think he was this great and powerful OZ
Nobody is a saint.  Everybody makes mistakes in life. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »
to me his death is baffling

how can a man not survive with so many warning signs prior, and take better care

you have to be incredibly fearless and stupid. in his perspective he was totally fearless, he proved it to us always thumbs up in hospital poses, no signaling that he could use advice or him feeling humbled. reports from the doc didnt motivate him to do a 180

what was really controlling derek, was it really him? the love of money certainly isnt that strong is it? was he just that ballsy of a guy to take warning signs in stride because deep down he knew he would die one day and it didnt matter if it was tommorrow or 90. Thats fucking as hardcore as it gets, a true scientist seeking the other side IMO
A

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: Derek Anthony has died (not a joke)
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
Exactly...Guys who drink hard, use coke, eat anadrol like candy and use everything else and eat like shit are the last guys going anywhere near a doctor. Sure they will yell at the top of their lungs that their doctor gave them a clean bill of health or shit like that but they are liars in denial. Nobody is living that reckless and getting proper tests done on their system. There's a couple of guys in my gym who are on a boatload of gear etc. Don't work, no health insurance and barely have a penny to their name. Every once in awhile, I'll over hear them saying how their doctor can't believe how healthy they and all their test always come back great. These fukcing turds don't have the money to get checked out as often as they say they are. They are simply lying and living in a delusion much like Lee Priest...lol
lol we have some huge,monstrous guys in the gym too, asked 2 off them once if they get checked, they were straight up,though, laughed and said nah, we just use and no care

youre right, theres this very typical thing to abusers,they dont wanna know what a bloodwork will say.
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »

Like I've said before....lets not pretend that this was a good guy.  Even Keith didn't threaten to kill my family...just made fun of me which is why I was more respectful towards him when he died.

Derek Anthony was pretty much "EVERYTHING" that is wrong with bodybuilding....megadosi ng steroids, slin, GH, synthol, nubain, G4P, neurotic, caring nothing more than for amassing worthless possessions and trinkets...hats, jewelry, cars, etc maxxing every credit card out possible and never paying taxes leaving his family with a ton of debt and on top of that.....running up the tab for taxpayers and people who actually work for a living just to stay alive.

That's Derek Springer.....a joke and pathetic human being who never apologized for his actions to anyone....even threatening Ron Harris and his family just last week.    The only thing good that ever happened was that at least his family helped him out in his final days and is going to give him a proper burial which is quite frankly more than he deserves.

The one good thing that's going to come out of his expiration is that some people will hopefully think twice before shooting themselves up with every fucking thing in the world or they'll end up like Derek.....and he suffered mercilessly for over 2 years gasping for every breath in severe pain and agony and at the end.  I will honestly say that even someone like him didn't deserve it, but he caused it and even death row inmates died better than he did.  I wish that he took mine and John Romano's advice but he just didn't.

To all of you abusing....STOP THAT FUCKING SHIT.  Get right, get a job, and live vicariously.

hey queerio, you may stop now, he wasnt some stalin or something, he spat into your face and thats that.hes dead now.

you didnt have the guts to return him the favor as long he was alive.

youre not the eye for an eye kind of guy,i see, youre more the tyalk shit when the other is dead person.

go to his funeral and talk shit to his family,see how that goes.
n

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2013, 07:08:35 PM »

Like I've said before....lets not pretend that this was a good guy.  Even Keith didn't threaten to kill my family...just made fun of me which is why I was more respectful towards him when he died.

Derek Anthony was pretty much "EVERYTHING" that is wrong with bodybuilding....megadosi ng steroids, slin, GH, synthol, nubain, G4P, neurotic, caring nothing more than for amassing worthless possessions and trinkets...hats, jewelry, cars, etc maxxing every credit card out possible and never paying taxes leaving his family with a ton of debt and on top of that.....running up the tab for taxpayers and people who actually work for a living just to stay alive.

That's Derek Springer.....a joke and pathetic human being who never apologized for his actions to anyone....even threatening Ron Harris and his family just last week.    The only thing good that ever happened was that at least his family helped him out in his final days and is going to give him a proper burial which is quite frankly more than he deserves.

The one good thing that's going to come out of his expiration is that some people will hopefully think twice before shooting themselves up with every fucking thing in the world or they'll end up like Derek.....and he suffered mercilessly for over 2 years gasping for every breath in severe pain and agony and at the end.  I will honestly say that even someone like him didn't deserve it, but he caused it and even death row inmates died better than he did.  I wish that he took mine and John Romano's advice but he just didn't.

To all of you abusing....STOP THAT FUCKING SHIT.  Get right, get a job, and live vicariously.

Vince
you willingly take
other men semen
inside your orifices
your in no
position to give
advices to
another man

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
This was just posted by his brother.  I feel bad for his family and he has thousands of posts on both his FB pages.

Dennis Springer
3 hours ago
I'd like to share the information for my brother Derek Anthony. Visitation will be Wednesday, 12/11 and Thursday, 12/12 between the hours of 2-4pm and 7-9:30 pm at Lindenhurst Funeral Home, Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst, NY. Funeral mass will be Friday, 12/13 at 9:45am at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church on Wellwood Avenue in Lindenhurst. My family asks that perhaps in lieu of flowers a donation be made to the National Kidney Foundation. Thank you. — with Michele Springer and 3 others.

THE BEEF recalls when Vince told the world Derek's last name was springer . . . Derek blew a gasket and denied it for years. Vince was right again.

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #337 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
This is why I am on Goodrum's side most times seems everyone that messes with him goes down is Basile next?

:)

THE BEEF

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2013, 07:48:58 PM »
The world just became a better place...

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »
PIP
#

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
Springer?

What happened to being Italian?

He seemed ashamed of Springer, which, I guess, is Jewish. Not sure where Anthony comes from, but he used to claim his real last name was Leterelli or something. Hence, La Cosa Nostra. Insecure, mixed up dude is all.

Eaglelx

• Getbig II
« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »
I had the opportunity to speak with Derek on various occasions throughout the years, mainly at the NY Pro, Night of Champions and a few other IFBB events.

The kid was certainly very animated and had many ideas about expanding his own brand and the sport of bodybuilding. He had much "life" in him.

He wasn't always correct in many of his ways, but I suppose that's part of being human and we're all at fault for making various mistakes of our own. There are many things I never quite understood about Derek, mainly his being a nice Jewish boy that became infatuated with the idea of Sicilians and the "Mob" mentality, but to each their own. He also family and friends which cared for him dearly and in person seemed to be relatively approachable by others. He did have his issues with Vince Goodrum, issues which I never agreed with or supported, but that can happen with anyone. It would have been nice if both had the opportunity to make peace, but again, that's life.

I feel bad in his passing, because I think that death is a much too cruel of a sentence for anyone. I want everyone to live a fulfilling life with various opportunities to achieve their own level of happiness. A life cut short, due to stupid mistakes, is truly sad. So much potential is lost in the passing of any human being.

Rhetoric aside, I thought he was entertaining on the forums and had much revolving gossip that would surface from his many antics.

Any time a "real" person from these forums passes, I feel sad. I feel sad, because it is a real entity that we have come to enjoy by way of poking fun of them, interacting with them and following up on their interesting lives. It might seem like selfish motives, but the truth of the matter is that Derek was as much of a GetBigger as any of us.

May he rest in peace.

"1"

Very touching words OMR.  

I'm a long time lurker on the forums and just wanted to pop in to say my condolences.  My condolences to his family, I was hoping that Derek was going to recover.  May he rest in peace. :'(

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2013, 08:27:53 PM »
Very touching words OMR.  

I'm a long time lurker on the forums and just wanted to pop in to say my condolences.  My condolences to his family, I was hoping that Derek was going to recover.  May he rest in peace. :'(

Good post bro, and welcome to the Thunderdome, bitch.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »
Derek's probably happy he didn't die of aids as some thought he would.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
First YT Video at 25 and last at 32.  RIP DA.

From Nov 20th

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2013, 09:22:13 PM »
 :(

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »
to me his death is baffling

how can a man not survive with so many warning signs prior, and take better care

you have to be incredibly fearless and stupid. in his perspective he was totally fearless, he proved it to us always thumbs up in hospital poses, no signaling that he could use advice or him feeling humbled. reports from the doc didnt motivate him to do a 180

what was really controlling derek

devils.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: December 10, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
We also watch over the great father figure "Primemuscle" once a month we make sure to visit him while he is sleeping so he will actually recover everytime

Thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it. At my advanced age, one never knows which night will be their last. Falcon, you are a true friend (and I am not being snide).

There are those mornings when I wake up thinking did I died?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2013, 09:43:56 PM »
I just showed my wife before and after pictures of Derek, meaning when he was fit and muscular in his early 20's and the recent one of him in a headband and tattoos covering his oil filled body. She was flabbergasted at how much he'd changed in so few years. She also commented that his muscles didn't look real.

We both agreed this was very sad. She asked if his mental illness was akin to anorexia. Indeed it is. My wife is no dumb cookie.

If Derek's life is going to be worth anything, let his mistakes serve as a warning to others to seek help should they become so deluded about what is healthy and what is simply being a freak.

No disrespect to Derek's family, who I imagine warned him he was headed down some wrong paths. Warnings which he didn't heed until it was too late. For those of you my age, imagine he was your son, and for those of you much younger, imagine he was your brother or best friend. A lot of folks probably sincerely wanted to help him along the way. Obviously it didn't work. Let his passing be a lesson to those of you who think you can outsmart science and become superhuman with no negative side effects. Is it worth the risk?

Swollen_Powell

• Getbig II
« Reply #349 on: December 10, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
RIP to DA, your soul will live on!