Author Topic: Cardio discussion  (Read 67258 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re:Cardio discussion
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2005, 06:28:42 PM »
Yeah, that's more marathoning than cardio.  But hey, whatever works.

There is no better way TO LOSE LEAN MUSCLE MASS THAN DISTANCE RUNNING. Been there, done that. :'(
The House that Ruth built

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: Cardio discussion
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2005, 07:05:12 PM »
you dayum right

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2005, 12:14:28 PM »
why do people think that lifting weights isn't cardio? do you breathe? does your heart go faster? doctors also don't know jack. they're out of shape anyway. i firmly stand by what i say. When i cut up i circuit train with weights. that IS cardio and can raise your heart rate just as well as so called "cardio" can. when i bulk i just lift weights. if it only gets your heart to 110 or 115 that's okay it keeps you more fit than most people who never exercise anyway.

There is a point, from a general health perspective, to force your heart to work at near maximum rate for short periods of time.

Basically, it will help you stay fit.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

asiasbitch

• Getbig II
  • Uh-huh...
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2005, 03:21:03 PM »
I think anyone drug free and doing cardio should look at their abs before deciding to add or remove whatever they currently perform.

But that is just my two pennies.

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2006, 11:27:45 PM »
im currently 335lbs, 6,0 really overweight,whjen i was tottally ripped i was 175-180 this like 5 nyears ago im now 26years old

this aint healthy id like to get down to be as lean as possible

im doing intense boxing 6  times a week
since i cant run cuz im so heavy, im doing walking for about a hour

would weighed vestwhgile walking help increase fatloss or am i heavy enouigh as it is?
but my hour walk is already hard

,but maybe ive put on mmuscle since the last time i was 175 so im not sure hwat weight id be lean at, im thinkin prob around 200lbs

with training really hard and eating clean how long will this take to get to 200
im thinking at least a year

as soon as i can run the weight will come off quicker, so i think at 235 i can run with no prob
what do you bros think?

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »
The figures you provided tell me your almost obese, fix your diet up, and keep active, see a doctor also get your heart checked.
let us know how you go.

ive been eatring clean for 2 weeks now, but i did see a doctor and got cheked for diabetes,cholesterol and heart chek, everything was fine

but im real seriouis about getting my weight down

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2006, 10:40:12 AM »
yea thx for the sdupport
im having one cheat meal a week,

i also got my thyroid checked as well and that was normal too

im training real hard right now so i ll be back in shape in no time

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2006, 05:55:32 AM »
I think you can do better, I can do 220 calories in 11 mins.

Wow, seems like I would be burning more. I pour sweat the whole time. Maybe the tread mill is not accurate?
S

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2006, 04:20:40 AM »
I think when it comes down to it Cardio is very important...we worry about training every muscle and getting it into shape but it seems we forget one of the most important muscles of the body.....

The Heart!!!!

Now my question is..... 30 minutes at 3 mph or    20 minutes at 4 mph (calories burned being pretty much the same)

Your thoughts?

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2006, 07:26:04 AM »
Im my view there is in offseason cardio and contest prep. cardio.  Offseason While bulking I limit my cardio to 20 min. 4 times a week.  During contest prep. I always do 2 cardio season's aday.  One 1 st in the morning (before breakfast) and 2 nd later in the evening.  The time depends on my progress.

Personally I keep my pluse range around 120-130 range (my age is 42).  I want to hold as much muscle as possible. 

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2006, 08:01:19 PM »
i used to be a really really skinny guy and i'm natural. cardio seems to knock my muslce off like nothing else.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »
When i dont have time for cardio, I just lower the weights slightly and increase reps. I decrease time between sets as well as decreasing the time before starting the next exercise. Guaranteed to have you breathing hard and dripping with sweat like cardio. Being female my goal isnt to build muscle mass, its to stay lean and ripped. Straight up cardio can get really boring, so I use the weights to achieve something similar.

Wish it was safer to just go for a run or a walk at home, but there are too many goons where I live.

sigh
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2006, 11:04:48 PM »
you burn more calories after you do the cardio, cuz it gets your body in gear and raises your metabolism (even while your sleeping)

so dont worry too much about calories burned (like it says on the machines you use). just do it
Valhalla awaits.

getbigordie

• Getbig I
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2006, 10:18:10 PM »
This article has completly changed my ideas on cardio. Ive been training hard for around 3 years now,and ive put on significant size over the course of these three years. I was roughly 165 when i graduated highschool ,and now im about 220 , with 17 inch arms. i just always kept the protien high,and calories high,and lifted like the world was coming to an end.
My problem is that i have way more fat around my midsection than i would like, i would say i need to burn about 10 lbs of fat to really get to the level i want to get at. Im not concerned with having a six pack really , i would  just like my midsection to be trim.The rest of my body is somewhat low in body fat.
ive started a diet and cardio routine and ive been on it for about 6 weeks now with little to no results. its one of  the most frustrating things ive ever encountered.
i generally lift hard 4 times a week for roughly 45-60 minutes, and sometimes finish the workout with 30 minutes on the bike, keeping my heart rate at around 175. about 2 times a week, i go to the gym to just do cardio. i do cardio about 4 times a week.im on lipo 6(the ephedra free kind) as well.
what am i doing wrong? should i do the interval training or what? are my cardio sessions just not intense enough?
any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2006, 06:10:49 AM »
well there's a "fat burning zone" look it up. heart rate at 175 is way too high.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2006, 07:55:08 AM »
I keep my heart rate at 110-115 during cardio.  I think thats low enough to be in the fat burning zone, from what I've been told anyways.  Just hard enough to break a small sweat.  Seems to be working.

I would agree, 175 and your burning muscle fo sho.....

absent

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2006, 08:00:59 AM »
People, he's bullshitting. No way can he keep his heartrate at around 175 unless he is a superhuman.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »
Definately depends on body type.  If youve been lifting for some years you should be able to tell how easily you burn fat.  Ive seen a lot of people do way to much cardio.  Usually the non body builders. A reall slim guy with little tone works out at my gym.  One morning his girlfriend asks me on the side how he could gain more muscle. I told her first of all he does weights for 20 mins and does over an hour of cardio every day of the week and he is small to begin with.  Cut the cardio way down and concentrate more on weight.  Most of us on here prob  know that however but you never know.  beginners do some strange things

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »
my fat brother's heart-rate is like 165 right when he steps on the cardio machine after lifting. and he stays on there for like 20 minutes. 175 is definately do-able

absent

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »
my fat brother's heart-rate is like 165 right when he steps on the cardio machine after lifting. and he stays on there for like 20 minutes. 175 is definately do-able

No, it's not, the monitor is lying.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »
because you cant do it dont mean it's not possible.

absent

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2006, 03:58:06 PM »
No, it's impossible unless you are Lance Armstrong.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2006, 06:26:28 PM »
ok so i'm blind.

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2006, 03:40:24 AM »
You cannot maintain a 175 heartrate unless you are a top-level endurance athlete such as a professional cyclist. It is impossible for normal people.
Time to invest in proper heartrate monitors.
young niggah greedy

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2006, 05:12:34 AM »
No you don't.
young niggah greedy