Author Topic: Looking for a little help.  (Read 1162 times)

MechRob

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Looking for a little help.
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:28:55 PM »
Hey there every one. Not sure if this is exactly the right board for this but i guess i have to start somewhere.  Im 22 years old 6'2" aprox 330lbs. i have already started the first battle and thats actualy doing something about being over weight.  so i guess im here looking for some advice and support .  could someone point me in the right direction? thanks 

Rob

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Looking for a little help.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:24:01 PM »
Train hard, consistently and with intensity. Eat clean, do cardio at an intense pace, and keep your will strong.

1.Don't get stuck into the only cardio or aerobic training, implement weight training as part of your plan...muscle burns more calories than fat, and the more muscle mass you have, the more calories you will burn.

2. Don't think you need to do retarded amounts of cardio to achieve your goals. Keep the sessions moderate in time, and keep the intensity high. You don't need to go full speed, but it should be intense enough to get your heart rate up... you shouldn't be able to carry on a conversation on your cell-phone

3.Eat often, but keep the meals small to moderate. Don't get in the mindset that less food is better. You still need to provide your body with the fuel it needs. If you starve yourself, your metabolism will slow down more and more. Eventually you will lose weight on a starvation diet, but the quality of weight loss will be very low...you'll lose a lot of muscle. Aim for say 5-6 meals per day. Don't think you need to eat a no fat diet, eat a fair amount of healthy fats, keep protein intake high, and there is no need to go zero carb. Keep the carbs moderate, relying on things like oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes and the like...no need for simple sugars.

4. Don't get frustrated if you hit a plateau with your weight loss, and then jump back on the fat train. Adjust  your diet when necessary and your training regularly and keep your body guessing...stay motivated.

5. Most importantly, keep negative influences out of your life. If you have family or friends who are pressuring you to do things that are detrimental to your weight loss goals, explain to them how important it is to you, and ask them to respect your goals. If they can't, then they are not true friends in the first place

Good luck to you!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:01:30 AM »
6.  Dedication.  You have to want it, otherwise your excuses will prevent you from acheiving your goals. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 10:46:50 AM »
Get used to daily cardio; the more regularly you do it, the easier it becomes. That and a good diet geared to losing weight.