Author Topic: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)  (Read 35665 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
Re: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »
Mt. Everest has around 200 dead bodies on the mountain.  It is nearly impossible for recovery of a body off the mountain.  Most of the bodies are in the same exact position they were when they died.  Perfectly preserved in time because of the cold.  Along the route up to the summit climbers will pass all these bodies.  There are bodies over 50 years old that look like they were placed there yesterday.

The "death zone" is 26,000 feet.  Air is so thin that there is no margin for error.  Immediate frostbite will happen.  Lack of oxygen leaves climber bewildered and weak.  Cost for one to go on a trip is $25,000. 

Several bodies are given names.  This one is "green boots".  Many of the bodies are now landmarks along the way up.  "green Boots" has been there since 1996. 

“PLEASE don’t leave me,” the dying woman cried.
There was an American flag placed on this woman years later and a note from her family.  Two people found the woman alone and barely alive but could do nothing to help her.  They thought about that moment everyday and saved up all their money for 8 years to make a return trip and give her a proper "burial". 

Here's one of George Mallory where he has lain since falling to his death in 1924

Bodies lay exactly where the climber last took a "rest".  Most of the time they take a rest and dont wake up. 

Awesome thread, thanks.....1 in 4 do not survive!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 08:37:29 AM »
Haha...you're my favorite poster right now.  ;D

This was actually very interesting to read. Thank you OP.

I wonder what the percentage is, of people who have died doing the climb. They know the risks.

I can't imagine passing by someone who was dying. Especially if they said "Please don't leave me". I know it's nearly impossible to rescue them, but I'd want to try.  :-\

Better wait till it dies, then eat her while still warm for better protein uptake and absortion.

One should never forget the anabolic window, even at 26000 feet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »
The toughest part about climbing the mountain would be hauling a backpack full of glutamine, aminos, NOS packs, and other essentials.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
1 in 4 don't survive??  :-\

Why do they make this climb legal?  :(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
Me and Falcon will climb it next week.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
The toughest part about climbing the mountain would be hauling a backpack full of glutamine, aminos, NOS packs, and other essentials.

Haha yes

Although the temperature would be ideal for storing an all-you-can-eat HGH and Nubain buffet "on the go".

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 08:46:51 AM »

Because in tibet or nepal it's ok to die.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 08:49:16 AM »
Crazy.. Stop to catch your breath in a makeshift cave.. then you freeze to death  in a matter of minutes.... Sounds fun! ;D

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »

From Wiki:
By the end of the 2010 climbing season, there had been 5,104 ascents to the summit by about 3,142 individuals, with 77% of these ascents being accomplished since 2000.[79] The summit was achieved in 7 of the 22 years from 1953 to 1974, and has not been missed since 1975.[79] In 2007, the record number of 633 ascents was recorded, by 350 climbers and 253 sherpas.[79]

A remarkable illustration of the explosion of popularity of Everest is provided by the numbers of daily ascents. Analysis of the 1996 Mount Everest disaster shows that part of the blame was on the bottleneck caused by the large number of climbers (33 to 36) attempting to summit on the same day; this was considered unusually high at the time. By comparison, on 23 May 2010, the summit of Mount Everest was reached by 169 climbers – more summits in a single day than in the cumulative 31 years from the first successful summit in 1953 through 1983.[79]

There have been 219 fatalities recorded on Mount Everest from the 1922 British Mount Everest Expedition through the end of 2010, a rate of 4.3 fatalities for every 100 summits (this is a general rate, and includes fatalities amongst support climbers, those who turned back before the peak, those who died en route to the peak and those who died while descending from the peak). Of the 219 fatalities, 58 (26.5%) were climbers who had summited but did not complete their descent.[79] Though the rate of fatalities has decreased since the year 2000 (1.4 fatalities for every 100 summits, with 3938 summits since 2000), the significant increase in the total number of climbers still means 54 fatalities since 2000: 33 on the northeast ridge, 17 on the southeast ridge, 2 on southwest face, and 2 on north face.[79]

Nearly all attempts at the summit are done using one of the two main routes. The traffic seen by each route varies from year to year. In 2005–07, more than half of all climbers elected to use the more challenging, but cheaper northeast route. In 2008, the northeast route was closed by the Chinese government for the entire climbing season, and the only people able to reach the summit from the north that year were athletes responsible for carrying the Olympic torch for the 2008 Summer Olympics.[103] The route was closed to foreigners once again in 2009 in the run-up to the 50th anniversary of the Dalai Lama's exile.[104] These closures led to declining interest in the north route, and, in 2010, two-thirds of the climbers reached the summit from the south.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »
Sometimes it gets crowded up there as people try to make the summit during windows of opportunity.

Some don't make it.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:20 AM »
Interesting thread.

So between 1-2 % don't make it.  :-\

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »
I figure I'll take a can of cream style corn and a match and be ok.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »
Interesting thread.

And 27% have died during the descent.  That really sucks!

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »

Lol you can't ban nature.
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 09:13:14 AM »
Interesting thread.

Very interesting thread.

http://www.climbing.com/climber/climbing-everest-who-makes-it-to-the-top/

CLIMBING EVEREST: WHO MAKES IT TO THE TOP?

By John Florio and Ouisie Shapiro courtesy of Bookofodds.com

Mount Everest from Kalapatthar. Photo by Pavel Novak courtesy of wikipedia.org

The odds a person climbing Mount Everest will die in the attempt are 1 in 61.46. On its deadliest day, May 10, 1996, the mountain claimed eight people during a single 24-hour period.

That day Jon Krakauer, a journalist on assignment for Outside Magazine, was part of an expedition led by celebrated climber, Rob Hall. Krakauer was there to investigate the commercialization of scaling Everest, and the expedition included several clients with limited climbing experience who had paid Adventure Consultants $65,000 apiece to help them reach the summit of the world’s tallest peak. Another commercial outfit, Mountain Madness, was attempting to get its paid clients to the summit on the same day, leading to dangerous delays and bottlenecks at crucial points during the ascent.

Both Hall and the leader of Mountain Madness, Scott Fischer, lost their lives. Of those in the Adventure Consultants’ group, only two of the six who reached the summit survived. Krakauer later wrote the bestseller, Into Thin Air, detailing the harrowing experience.

The common belief is that the climbers who die scaling Mount Everest lack the experience needed to navigate the mountain’s treacherous topography, and inexperience certainly was a factor in the 1996 tragedy. However, a 2007 study found that age is a critical component in survival. As the number of older people climbing Mount Everest grows, it has become apparent that the value of physical skills outweighs that of the experience that comes with age. As a result, older climbers are significantly more likely to die attempting to scale Mount Everest than are their younger counterparts. According to the study led by researchers at the University of Washington, “Some 85 climbers over the age of 60 have attempted the ascent. Four died trying and only 12 reached the summit. This death rate of 4.7% was markedly higher than that of younger climbers.” Extrapolating the numbers used in the study, an analysis done by the BBC estimates older climbers have a 25% risk of dying, while young climbers have only a 2.2% risk of death.

And the most dangerous aspect of climbing Mount Everest is not trying to reach the summit — it is trying to get back down. A study conducted in 2008 by an international research team led by Massachusetts General Hospital investigators and published in Science Daily reveals that most deaths on Mount Everest occur above 8,000 meters, during descents into an area known ominously as the “death zone.”
O

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2013, 09:33:23 AM »
Haha...you're my favorite poster right now.  ;D

This was actually very interesting to read. Thank you OP.

I wonder what the percentage is, of people who have died doing the climb. They know the risks.

I can't imagine passing by someone who was dying. Especially if they said "Please don't leave me". I know it's nearly impossible to rescue them, but I'd want to try.  :-\

Please don't leave me, Bikinislut!
Damn, how are you just gonna roll your eyes like that and keep going.  Bitch. 
  :D

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2013, 09:56:09 AM »
Awesome thread, thanks.....1 in 4 do not survive!

Really?

That can't be right - are you sure it's not something like 4% die?

25% seems WAY too high?

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »
Really?

25% seems WAY too high?

That number does seem a tad askew.  So if our climbing group has 8 people, that means 2 of us are dying.  Uhh, i think I will stay at the hotel, let me know how the snow at the top looks, take a few selfies please.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2013, 10:02:03 AM »
In before someone chops DA's photo at the top of Everest...

Too soon? :-\

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:46 AM »
Big Ron is a mountain of a man.   He would partake in whiskey shots, then climb the mountain 8 straight times.

Ron gets out of breath going up the stairs.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
Their lack of willpower to finish the climb sickens me.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
May as well jack off in your dying moments

You shouldn't make fun of him like that.

Obviously he was all out of provision and tried to catch his own load.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »
Really?

25% seems WAY too high?

25 is way too high, I think they mixed that up with k2, which I believe is around that, along with another mountain in South America.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2013, 10:54:15 AM »
I'd like to know, how many of the 2000 aren't white?  minorities don't mess with shit like this.  

Indians and Japanese are really into it.
A

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »
Mt. Everest has around 200 dead bodies on the mountain.  It is nearly impossible for recovery of a body off the mountain.  Most of the bodies are in the same exact position they were when they died.  Perfectly preserved in time because of the cold.  Along the route up to the summit climbers will pass all these bodies.  There are bodies over 50 years old that look like they were placed there yesterday.

The "death zone" is 26,000 feet.  Air is so thin that there is no margin for error.  Immediate frostbite will happen.  Lack of oxygen leaves climber bewildered and weak.  Cost for one to go on a trip is $25,000. 

Several bodies are given names.  This one is "green boots".  Many of the bodies are now landmarks along the way up.  "green Boots" has been there since 1996. 

“PLEASE don’t leave me,” the dying woman cried.
There was an American flag placed on this woman years later and a note from her family.  Two people found the woman alone and barely alive but could do nothing to help her.  They thought about that moment everyday and saved up all their money for 8 years to make a return trip and give her a proper "burial". 

Here's one of George Mallory where he has lain since falling to his death in 1924

Bodies lay exactly where the climber last took a "rest".  Most of the time they take a rest and dont wake up. 

Is there a a link to the story, I want to read more about this.
I