Author Topic: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)  (Read 35484 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »
TG, One of my best friends throughout my school years and his wife did some amazing work for a foreign corporation and were given the opportunity to go anyplace in the world as a way of saying "Thanks!",

They chose to go to Khatmandu and take that long hike up to the Everest Base Camp just below that 'ice flow' but with no intent of going any further.

When they returned to the states he contacted me and encouraged me to go with them on their next trip to Everest and possibly even consider going to the top.

To make a long story short, I declined ... but they did go back for a second time and loved evey minute of it even though they never go to the top.

They say that flying into Khatmandu is quite an experience in itself.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
TG, One of my best friends throughout my school years and his wife did some amazing work for a foreign corporation and were given the opportunity to go anyplace in the world as a way of saying "Thanks!",

They chose to go to Khatmandu and take that long hike up to the Everest Base Camp just below that 'ice flow' but with no intent of going any further.

When they returned to the states he contacted me and encouraged me to go with them on their next trip to Everest and possibly even consider going to the top.

To make a long story short, I declined ... but they did go back for a second time and loved evey minute of it even though they never go to the top.

They say that flying into Khatmandu is quite an experience in itself.

Yep, I've heard that the trek up to Everest base camp is quite an experience and adventure in itself.
O

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
An Official Get Big expedition should take on Mt.Olympus, but who would be the best leader: Wiggs,Johny Falcon or Anabolichalo ?.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:46 PM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »
Almost to the top....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »
But first you have to traverse a long climb on the Kumbu Glacier....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2013, 07:36:14 PM »
GETBIGGERS, Sign up here .....

WANNA GO TO THE TOP???

Cost : $60,000+ / Deposit : $20,000
74 days from March 22 – June 3, 2014

For more info, brochure, and registration……
http://www.rmiguides.com/himalaya/everest/?gclid=CK6piMLtvbsCFeZ7Qgod3k4Aew

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:38 PM »
The 1 in 4 stat is specific to the over 60s: 1 in 4 climbers over 60 will die on the descent after summiting.

Why the descent???

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
“ It is right, it should be so; Man was made, for joy and woe; And when this we rightly know, Through the world we safely go. ”

— William Blake

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2013, 03:48:30 AM »

That's "Into thin air"..

The guy that survived was Beck Weathers. He lost his nose and I think both hands but really should have died given the exposure.

That's convenient. No he has nothing to sneeze with, and no hands to wipe it. Idiots like him must be dumber than anal abscess in the ass of the gay whore. Just kick him in the grave and pile sand on his face. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2013, 04:04:37 AM »
May as well jack off in your dying moments

he must have been looking at a wyhi thread on get big
T

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2013, 04:37:04 AM »
he must have been looking at a wyhi thread on get big

He collapsed when he realised he'd posted yes to a tranny

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2013, 04:43:33 AM »
Why the descent???

I think it's roughly 80 percent of all serious accidents that happen on the descents. Lots of factors both mental and physical. People relax more if they've summited and pay less attention. Eagerness to get back down. Physically, it is different type of mountaineering as well because the terrain is now all downhill. Also, some people are fried as they expended all their energy just getting to the top.
O

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2013, 07:07:42 AM »
I think it's roughly 80 percent or all serious accidents that happen on the descents. Lots of factors both mental and physical. People relax more if they've summited and pay less attention. Eagerness to get back down. Physically, it is different type of mountaineering as well because the terrain is now all downhill. Also, some people are fried as they expended all their energy just getting to the top.

Yup basically this.  Plus you can't always see where your feet go..... think of climbing up a ladder vs going down the ladder

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »
I think it's roughly 80 percent of all serious accidents that happen on the descents. Lots of factors both mental and physical. People relax more if they've summited and pay less attention. Eagerness to get back down. Physically, it is different type of mountaineering as well because the terrain is now all downhill. Also, some people are fried as they expended all their energy just getting to the top.

Perhaps they were anxiously awaiting another brilliant thread reply by shizzo and just had to run as fast as possible down the side of that mountain to check their "new replies to posts"?  Or they needed to know the order that I chose for the latest "WYHI and how hard" thread? 
Seriously, i would think it is the "relaxing" you do after reaching the summit.  You think the hard part is done and then you break your leg like a fool and die sitting there on the descent.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »
Before this topic passes on, I'd like to recommend another 'read' based on one man's 7 day trek to the top and back again with some interesting comments about the climber who lost his nose (as shown in one of the above photos.)

It starts off with lots of great photographs and half way down the story about the 7 day climb starts. A very great and informative story.

NOTE: Some of the above photos show lopng lines of people heading to the summit. At present this is a major problem because those long lines often cause delays  during the way to the top (Hillary Step being one fo the chief major probllems as only one individual can proceed at a time and you often have climbers going up waiting for climbers coming down).

There has been some interesting discussions regarding the setting of "limits" to avoid crowded conditions but everyone at the Base Camp wants to head to the top when the weather conditions are ideal .... which is not a daily ocurrance. So when the weather appears favorable, everyone packs up and heads to the top.

There ain't no stop signs nor traffic cops!

Most GetBiggers will find the following 10 minute read very interesting.

THE SUMMIT PUSH– the full account of 7 long days to the top and back

http://www.vmeverest09.com/

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »

Very interesting thread.

http://www.climbing.com/climber/climbing-everest-who-makes-it-to-the-top/

CLIMBING EVEREST: WHO MAKES IT TO THE TOP?

By John Florio and Ouisie Shapiro courtesy of Bookofodds.com

Mount Everest from Kalapatthar. Photo by Pavel Novak courtesy of wikipedia.org

The odds a person climbing Mount Everest will die in the attempt are 1 in 61.46. On its deadliest day, May 10, 1996, the mountain claimed eight people during a single 24-hour period.

That day Jon Krakauer, a journalist on assignment for Outside Magazine, was part of an expedition led by celebrated climber, Rob Hall. Krakauer was there to investigate the commercialization of scaling Everest, and the expedition included several clients with limited climbing experience who had paid Adventure Consultants $65,000 apiece to help them reach the summit of the world’s tallest peak. Another commercial outfit, Mountain Madness, was attempting to get its paid clients to the summit on the same day, leading to dangerous delays and bottlenecks at crucial points during the ascent.

Both Hall and the leader of Mountain Madness, Scott Fischer, lost their lives. Of those in the Adventure Consultants’ group, only two of the six who reached the summit survived. Krakauer later wrote the bestseller, Into Thin Air, detailing the harrowing experience.

The common belief is that the climbers who die scaling Mount Everest lack the experience needed to navigate the mountain’s treacherous topography, and inexperience certainly was a factor in the 1996 tragedy. However, a 2007 study found that age is a critical component in survival. As the number of older people climbing Mount Everest grows, it has become apparent that the value of physical skills outweighs that of the experience that comes with age. As a result, older climbers are significantly more likely to die attempting to scale Mount Everest than are their younger counterparts. According to the study led by researchers at the University of Washington, “Some 85 climbers over the age of 60 have attempted the ascent. Four died trying and only 12 reached the summit. This death rate of 4.7% was markedly higher than that of younger climbers.” Extrapolating the numbers used in the study, an analysis done by the BBC estimates older climbers have a 25% risk of dying, while young climbers have only a 2.2% risk of death.

And the most dangerous aspect of climbing Mount Everest is not trying to reach the summit — it is trying to get back down. A study conducted in 2008 by an international research team led by Massachusetts General Hospital investigators and published in Science Daily reveals that most deaths on Mount Everest occur above 8,000 meters, during descents into an area known ominously as the “death zone.”
                  Can't they just slide back down...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
He collapsed when he realised he'd posted yes to a tranny

LOL oh that's good shit right there.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
LOL oh that's good shit right there.

x2  :)

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »
Before this topic passes on, I'd like to recommend another 'read' based on one man's 7 day trek to the top and back again with some interesting comments about the climber who lost his nose (as shown in one of the above photos.)

It starts off with lots of great photographs and half way down the story about the 7 day climb starts. A very great and informative story.

NOTE: Some of the above photos show lopng lines of people heading to the summit. At present this is a major problem because those long lines often cause delays  during the way to the top (Hillary Step being one fo the chief major probllems as only one individual can proceed at a time and you often have climbers going up waiting for climbers coming down).

There has been some interesting discussions regarding the setting of "limits" to avoid crowded conditions but everyone at the Base Camp wants to head to the top when the weather conditions are ideal .... which is not a daily ocurrance. So when the weather appears favorable, everyone packs up and heads to the top.

There ain't no stop signs nor traffic cops!

Most GetBiggers will find the following 10 minute read very interesting.

THE SUMMIT PUSH– the full account of 7 long days to the top and back

file:///Users/williamnelson/Desktop/top%20Massimo%20Everest%20Expedition%202009.webarchive

wrong hyperlink bruv.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »
How about landing there with helicopters assistance, lowered by rope  ;D
Would be like winning natural on juice !.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2013, 05:09:36 PM »
How about landing there with helicopters assistance, lowered by rope  ;D
Would be like winning natural on juice !.

Some guy actually did it. And he saved the live of two Japanese climbers while he was there...

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0509/whats_new/helicopter_everest.html

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »
This dude climbed to the top even though the guide told everyone else to leave him behind. Everyone thought he was dead. Instead, he showed up the next morning asking where the local Starbucks was:

Tim Medvetz:

Dude had more screws in his legs than a Home Depot. He is also a smoker.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »
FREAK! THANKS! I fooked up with that wrong address.

Here's the correct URL address for that interesting story of one man's 7 day climb to the top of Everest. http://www.vmeverest09.com/

It starts off with a bunch of good shots taken on the mountain and the very short story starts about half way down the page.

http://www.vmeverest09.com/