Author Topic: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)  (Read 35486 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mt Everest has around 200 dead bodies (pics)
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a helicopter is capable of flying to the top of Everest.

I seem to recall reading about the heroic helicopter pilot who picked up one or two emergency cases in the Camp 1 area  at great personal risk to himself and his aircraft.

In fact I think that event was part of one of the Everest videos I watched a few years back.

Maybe TRUE GRIT can clarify this.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a helicopter is capable of flying to the top of Everest.

I seem to recall reading about the heroic helicopter pilot who picked up one or two emergency cases in the Camp 1 area  at great personal risk to himself and his aircraft.

In fact I think that event was part of one of the Everest videos I watched a few years back.

A few years ago a highly modified French Gazelle helicopter flew to the summit, briefly/lighty touched his skids on the snow and then came down, VERY fast. He could not hoover or maintain position for more than a few seconds.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
They should open a gym, halfway up the mountain.   imagine telling the other people at your gym how you benched 450 at 15,000 feet, scaled another 15,000 feet for cardio, did a selfie and a shot of jaeger at the peak, then rode a sled back down to the gym, where you enjoyed fellatio from the hot girl working the dek before snowboarding to the base of the mountain.

Typicaly Tuesday for a getbigger.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »
This crazy SOB skied from the summit to base camp in 5 hours

http://abcnews.go.com/International/t/story?id=82442

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »
I'd like to know, how many of the 2000 aren't white?  minorities don't mess with shit like this.  

Same reason minorities rarely achieve anything monumental?  Same reason they live in bark huts in jungles or deserts (except when the white man teaches them or helps them)?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:07 PM »
Sorry but  I find anything to do with climbing Everest fascinating and recently found some youtube clips that may be of interest to some of GetBiggers who feel as I do about this big, tall mountain that some people dare to climb.

You may enjoy the following and it will show you how really tough it is to get to the top.

And thanks, TOMMY, I found that helicopter trip to the top and am including it also. I never really was aware of that happening until your recent post.

The best Mount Everest Ice Fall video footage you will see. Shot with a GoPro helmet-mounted camera in the perpective of the climber. Powerful video images of the extraordinary Khumbu Glacier as it breaks up descending from the Western Cwm to Base camp. Voted top 10 at Killarney 2011 Adventure Film Festival. For more photos & videos of Everest and other high-altitude mountains that I have climbed visit: www.DareToReach.ca.

Has anyone seen the skiers video footage that he personally shot while skiing from the top? I have not been able to find that footage except for the skiing footage as shown in one of the above YouTube clips.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »
Sorry but  I find anything to do with climbing Everest fascinating and recently found some youtube clips that may be of interest to some of GetBiggers who feel as I do about this big, tall mountain that some people dare to climb.

You may enjoy the following and it will show you how really tough it is to get to the top.

And thanks, TOMMY, I found that helicopter trip to the top and am including it also. I never really was aware of that happening until your recent post.

The best Mount Everest Ice Fall video footage you will see. Shot with a GoPro helmet-mounted camera in the perpective of the climber. Powerful video images of the extraordinary Khumbu Glacier as it breaks up descending from the Western Cwm to Base camp. Voted top 10 at Killarney 2011 Adventure Film Festival. For more photos & videos of Everest and other high-altitude mountains that I have climbed visit: www.DareToReach.ca.

Has anyone seen the skiers video footage that he personally shot while skiing from the top? I have not been able to find that footage except for the skiing footage as shown in one of the above YouTube clips.

excellent links, thanks.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Same reason minorities rarely achieve anything monumental?  Same reason they live in bark huts in jungles or deserts (except when the white man teaches them or helps them)?

lol this is so true...so true.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
Yes I cant wait to go up there and freeze to death.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »
i'd like to climb in the summer months when it's 82 degrees and beautiful out.

i dunno why anybody ever thought of this.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
Shit I'm a very experienced hiker and wouldn't dare try that shit.

I hiked this mountain 'only' 4,500 feet last week. Couple of dudes I was with said f this and turned back. Can't imagine 30,000

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
240,the following is a 'cut and paste' because I know nothing about weather conditions un less I can read the 'thermometer' in my back yard. I think it will clarify your recommendation to only climb during the summer months......

For a few weeks each spring (mid April through end May), the weather on Mount Everest improves just enough for adventurers to take the climb of a lifetime up the world's tallest mountain.

So from mid April until  late May, hundreds of climbers take advantage of this meteorological window that only about 3,000 others have taken before them.
Scaling the world's tallest mountain is certainly not for the faint of heart.

Despite the nearly calm weather conditions usually offered up during this timeframe, climbers always have to deal with extreme cold, avalanches, unstable ground and health difficulties as a result of increasing altitude and decreasing pressure.

But for thrill seekers, it's now or wait until next year.

The summit of Everest at 29,029 feet (8,848 m) above sea level is high enough to penetrate the jet stream, a fast-moving "river of air" that can generate wind speeds of greater than 100 mph.

For a few weeks in May, the jet stream lifts north of the Himalayas, greatly reducing average wind speeds and the chance for precipitation at the top of the mountain.

This makes a trip to the summit more plausible than at any other time of the year, with climbers typically taking off during mid and late April to arrive at the summit just in time for the calmer conditions.

Climbers call the period of calm "The Weather Window."

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
A few years ago a highly modified French Gazelle helicopter flew to the summit, briefly/lighty touched his skids on the snow and then came down, VERY fast. He could not hoover or maintain position for more than a few seconds.

Wow..that would be some crazy shit to see.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »
Continued from above ....

The lift of the jet stream, enough to achieve the lighter wind, coincides with the beginning of monsoon season off the coasts of India and Sri Lanka, as winds begin to blow north from the Bay of Bengal.

By early June, the monsoon begins to blast the Himalayas with heavy snow. Because of this, the climbing season officially ends June 1 according to government-issued climbing permits.

A few daredevils often attempt to climb the mountain following the end of each monsoon season in September and October when the jet stream is once again temporarily displaced to the north.

However, autumn ascents are extremely difficult and even more dangerous since the climbing surface is often more unstable thanks to the copious amounts of fresh snow from the recent monsoon.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »
Hope the guys in the helicopter were prepared to hike down, lol.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »
Nice links, Stunt.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
Sorry....I thought this thread was about taking DA to the summit of Everest.

Carry on.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
JACK T.. Look for "Helicopter lands on Mt Everest Summit' on YOUTUBE or simply click on one of the links mentioned earlier. I'm too lazy to check it out for you right now after a long day climbing little rocks in Red Rock Canyon.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2013, 06:01:11 PM »
JACK T.. Look for "Helicopter lands on Mt Everest Summit' on YOUTUBE or simply click on one of the links mentioned earlier. I'm too lazy to check it out for you right now after a long day climbing little rocks in Red Rock Canyon.

Excellent links, bro. Thank you.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2013, 06:03:56 PM »
WELCOME!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »

Do you mean minorities like the Sherpas who carry all the gear up the mountain?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2013, 08:59:22 PM »
 helo can get up to 29,000ft? holy shit

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »

I seem to recall reading about the heroic helicopter pilot who picked up one or two emergency cases in the Camp 1 area  at great personal risk to himself and his aircraft.

I have no idea. Surely not possible to actually land and stop on there. Maybe to hover at the top?

EDIT: Seen the vid. Tommy was right.
O

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
helo can get up to 29,000ft? holy shit

I believe the world record is 40,000 feet.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »

Damn, man. Was looking at various altitude records for all crafts, and saw this:

1961—4 May—34.668 km (113,740 ft); Commander Malcolm D. Ross and Lieutenant Commander Victor A. Prather, Jr. (US Navy) in Strato-Lab V, using an unpressurized gondola. After descending, the gondola containing the two balloonists landed in the Gulf of Mexico. Prather slipped off the rescue helicopter's hook into the ocean and drowned.

So after all that, the guy falls off the copter line and drowns. Damn, what a story.