Author Topic: weightloss?  (Read 5582 times)

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
weightloss?
« on: January 06, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »
bros im new on here and was curious to know how long will it take to lose 100 pounds with intense cardio 2 a day 6 days a week and a good eating plan?

im 6,0 330lbs  , lots of extra fat

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: weightloss?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »
bros im new on here and was curious to know how long will it take to lose 100 pounds with intense cardio 2 a day 6 days a week and a good eating plan?

im 6,0 330lbs  , lots of extra fat

That would not be an ideal way to go about it.  You'll end up with a lot of loose skin and no muscle.  Weight training should be incorporated.  Plan on a year +++
:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 10:07:26 PM »
That would not be an ideal way to go about it.  You'll end up with a lot of loose skin and no muscle.  Weight training should be incorporated.  Plan on a year +++
Agreed.

Muscle burns more calories than fat, so weight training should definitely be part of the plan.

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 11:27:15 PM »
ok so im alreasdy started doing boxing 6 times a week,

but i think ill add weights 3 times a week

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 08:32:30 AM »
Your main concern will be with that dirty four letter word, Diet. Cut the carbs to at lease 100 grams a day to start. If loss is slow or not at all, than cut down to 20-30 grams a day. I would never suggest a zero carb diet.If you think that cardio is the only answer than check out some of those middle age  marathon runners with the love handles and bounching belly's. If you have been over weight for a number of years and your pushing thirty or above, than loose skin will be a problem. Weight training will not help get rid of extra skin folds themselves, they have been too stretched out for too many years to return to their natural tightness.

Might try circuit training, PHA or systems like these where there is little or no rest between sets or exercises. Very good results from this type of training. What ever weight training you do remember that the pace must be kepted fast throughout. Try for 30 to 45 minutes workouts, three times a week. That  should be all that is required. This is another form ofhigh level cardio. Might also investigate the Tabata method of cardio training. Boxing is very good, even punching a heavy bag. Try not  to think of running (treadmill or real running) as the only means of doing cardio. The jump rope can be a amazing tool for weight loss. Bike riding is another method.

How long it will take to lose a 100 lbs will be strictly up to you and how serious you are about your goals. What ever you do, just as long as your progress is at a steady pace, than your doing the right thing for your body type. Good Luck.

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 01:47:49 PM »
ive only been doing this for as week, but my diet is like this

i only eat carbs for breakfest and lunch and after 3-4i only eat vegetables and protein

tryuing to eat lots of salads

ive been doing alot of walking as well, only so much because my joints and shins get sore if i walk to much

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 01:31:52 AM »
ive only been doing this for as week, but my diet is like this

i only eat carbs for breakfest and lunch and after 3-4i only eat vegetables and protein

tryuing to eat lots of salads

ive been doing alot of walking as well, only so much because my joints and shins get sore if i walk to much

thats fine,starting by waking is good, then jog, then run, to lose weight properly it takes some time, keep at it, it takes 3 weeks-4 weeks to see changes, dont give up. Being Fat is fucken disgusting

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 03:39:02 AM »
What's also important,
don't go dieting for 52 weeks, once a week junkday, and after a 6 to 8 weeks, stap back for 3 or 4 weeks.

Don't stop, just raise the carbs a little bit. Not to much, the guideline of JPM is good, about 100 grams a day, no result, go lower.
During those three to four weeks, double it, just make sure you don't gain to much weight. One or two pounds extra is normal cause you will retain more water (a carbohydrate needs triple time its weight in water, that's one of the reasons why some people drop a shitload of weight after a couple off days).

Why's that, you're mind has to get acquainted to less amount of food on the long run.
After the diet, that could easily take a year, you know what to eat without starting stuffing yourself.
It's also important to know, that after your finished, you have to maintain your livestyle for 3 to 12 months, to prefend the yoyo effect after a couple days with big meals.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 04:22:32 AM »
I would suggest a diet like this: www.metabolicdiet.com

As for weights and cardio, its been mentioned alot already but don't ignore the weights.  Here is a program (albeit I modify the exercises) that I turn to for short spurts to give my joints a break and my muscles a shock...its very good for fat loss as well due to decreasing rest times its almost like a cardio workout itself: http://www.fitren.com/res3art.cfm?compid=18&artid=90 I used a diet like that mentioned and this program to stay under 5% BF for over a year

Just a couple links you may find useful...good luck!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 06:54:32 AM »
By now you're thoroughly confused by comments all over the place.

Bottom line you're on the right track. 6 days a week, twice a day cardio plus a good diet will work. Loose skin: don't worry about it, it's part of the deal regardless of what's suggested. A drag but losing the weight's the bigger positive.

Add extra activity to the equation as much as possible, such as walking, swimming, or thrice weekly overall weights, but don't sacrifice the existing equation to do it-add it if you can, along with ab work.

How long: 6-12 months, but don't get hung up on an exact time-if you stick to what you're doing, are consistent with sufficient cardio & are ready to sweat and stick to the diet with a cheat meal or two once a week, the process will get you there.

Consistency in what you're doing re: diet & exercise is key.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 03:05:25 PM »
during weightloss, weights are very imortant, toning is essential.

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 06:47:19 PM »
yea im extremly focused right now,
im happy with losing 10 pounds a month

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 07:43:54 PM »
A good diet imo that will have you losing weight should have you losing maybe 2-maybe 4 lbs. a week.Anything over that imo is just water loss which can play tricks on you as drinking plenty of fluids can replace that weight & discourage you.Saying that however, drinks lots of water as it helps a lot in body regulation processes.Walking is a great way to get into exercise & a tip as to walking.Swing them arms while you walk!Ever see a cadet going through the military that hasn't lost weight?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 08:43:57 PM »
A good diet imo that will have you losing weight should have you losing maybe 2-maybe 4 lbs. a week.Anything over that imo is just water loss which can play tricks on you as drinking plenty of fluids can replace that weight & discourage you.
Anything over that a lot of times is hard earned muscle, if your burning too much muscle then your probably dieting a bit too hard...but it's safe to say most don't have this problem, for most losing the fat is problem enough.

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 08:50:08 PM »
thats why im happy with 2-3 lbs a week, slow and steady is what i want i dont want to do it as quick as i can, that usually leads to a crash

i did that before trying to diet to hard but i just ended up crashing and binjing

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 11:12:45 PM »
In Australia, there was a boxing match with Lester ellis who was a great fighter back in the day, he reired and became real fat, he did a come back to fight anthony mundine, he lost 19kgs in 2 months, by running 2wice a day and only eating protein with carbs b4 12pm

It can be done but it hss to be in your heart and you almost have to obsessed (nothin wrong with that)

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 01:41:18 PM »
In Australia, there was a boxing match with Lester ellis who was a great fighter back in the day, he reired and became real fat, he did a come back to fight anthony mundine, he lost 19kgs in 2 months, by running 2wice a day and only eating protein with carbs b4 12pm

It can be done but it hss to be in your heart and you almost have to obsessed (nothin wrong with that)

all im doing eright now is boxing 6 times a week,
as for my eating i eat carbs but after my firt meal which is carbs/protein i only eat carbs from fruit or vegetables, so after my first meal i only have meat/veggies and fruit

thats a crazy amount of weight to lose in 2 months , i doubt ill lose mine that fast

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 08:32:05 PM »
i just weighed myself today and was 318, hopefully by the end of march i can be 300

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006, 12:01:51 AM »
good on you.keep at it man, in 6 weeks u will see huge changes

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 10:02:58 AM »
good on you.keep at it man, in 6 weeks u will see huge changes

thx man, yea ive already noticed a bit of change

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 11:09:01 PM »
whohooo!!!!

just under 312 today

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 10:34:04 PM »
not trying to be insulting, but how does one let themself get that fat in the first place?
Valhalla awaits.