Author Topic: Cop writes hilarious letter to Kanye West  (Read 18162 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cop writes hilarious letter to Kanye West
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2013, 11:51:17 AM »
in the estimation of getbiggers, what % of cops will occasionally take a few bucks while they work?

Whether it be just peeling a few hundreds off a confiscation, pulling something from an item turned in, etc etc...

What % of cops have helped themelves at some point during their career?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »
in the estimation of getbiggers, what % of cops will occasionally take a few bucks while they work?

Whether it be just peeling a few hundreds off a confiscation, pulling something from an item turned in, etc etc...

I don't know this.

I think it's lowish. Maybe 10 percent.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2013, 12:06:01 PM »
First off. All salaries are pre tax so I don't see what your point is about mentioning that.

Secondly. No. They probably shouldn't collect overtime.

They get it because the union (which I think should be illegal for public sector employees) negotiated that.

My point if you would actually stay on the point was that in area of danger like LA they are compensated very well for the danger.

Follow the thread.

The discussion was that most cops don't actually put their lives out on the regular and the ones who are most likely to see danger are well compensated for it comparatively.

Also. Think about what the OT rate is on 87k.

It's high.

Wow just fucking wow: they shouldn't collect overtime pay. Wow. You believe because you are a tax payer that makes you somekind of expert on peoples jobs that are funded by taxes, well you are not. You also are not an expert in labor relations and what is fair compensation just because you pay taxes.

You don't know what comparative compensation is. The list at the begining of this thread lists dangerous jobs. Many of those jobs have risks and result in alot of accidental death. Climbing a scaffold hundreds of feet has obvious dangers. I think whats obvious here, not to you though, is that in police work a possible risk is being murdered while working, being gunned down or stabbed or beaten to death by an ex-con or some other kind of psycho. No other job has that potential risk associated with it. It is unique to police work that a possibility is that you may be killed violently by another person. The list measured deaths. Since every act of violence does not end in a deth some end in cops being crippled, paralyzed, maimed, disfigured, brain dead but alive...I understand you do not want to accept this because it does not fit into your view of what is fair compensation.

For whatever reason you want to convince yourself and others that police work is a comparatively safe line of work. Maybe it makes you feel safer in your own existence to think that cops just don't face that many dangers because cops deal with society and if a cops work is so dangerous then society is dangerous and admitting that makes you feel less secure in your own day to day existence.  Let me tell you something bro, you don't know shit about what cops do or what they deserve to make. And being a tax payer doesn't change that.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
Some police departments pay well. I can't speak for LAPD because I don't know what 87K a year gets you in the form of housing and cost of living in L.A. My department pays us well. We have no complaints about the money at this point. Could it be more? Sure.. would love to make more..but it could be less. Lot of citizens are struggling to make ends meet, have gotten layed off in the last 5 yrs or had other financial issues. A police officer here who wants to make 100K can bust their buts with OT and make it. Some departments pay crap.. and that's unfortunate because you often get what you pay for, and training and professionalism suffers. When I tell some people what I make they are generally surprised. It's not like when I started.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
Wow just fucking wow: they shouldn't collect overtime pay. Wow. You believe because you are a tax payer that makes you somekind of expert on peoples jobs that are funded by taxes, well you are not. You also are not an expert in labor relations and what is fair compensation just because you pay taxes.

You don't know what comparative compensation is. The list at the begining of this thread lists dangerous jobs. Many of those jobs have risks and result in alot of accidental death. Climbing a scaffold hundreds of feet has obvious dangers. I think whats obvious here, not to you though, is that in police work a possible risk is being murdered while working, being gunned down or stabbed or beaten to death by an ex-con or some other kind of psycho. No other job has that potential risk associated with it. It is unique to police work that a possibility is that you may be killed violently by another person. The list measured deaths. Since every act of violence does not end in a deth some end in cops being crippled, paralyzed, maimed, disfigured, brain dead but alive...I understand you do not want to accept this because it does not fit into your view of what is fair compensation.

For whatever reason you want to convince yourself and others that police work is a comparatively safe line of work. Maybe it makes you feel safer in your own existence to think that cops just don't face that many dangers because cops deal with society and if a cops work is so dangerous then society is dangerous and admitting that makes you feel less secure in your own day to day existence.  Let me tell you something bro, you don't know shit about what cops do or what they deserve to make. And being a tax payer doesn't change that.

Fuck. Make up more long winded bullshit.

I don't think public sector employees should make overtime. So fucking what?

Do you realize that in most careers when you get to a certain point you become what's called "exempt"  and no longer eligible for overtime.

Here's a fun fact for you.

Cops in NY were writing tons of tickets and collecting overtime for going to court.

When they removed the overtime, the tickets for bullshit crimes dropped drastically.

When you can write a ticket to pay yourself overtime there's a problem.

Of course you think I'm just hating on cops. But I'm not. I think all public sector employees should be exempt. No overtime.

I don't care if you're a cop or a ditch digger.

If you want a place that pays overtime, then go work in the private sector.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2013, 02:18:05 PM »
Fuck. Make up more long winded bullshit.

I don't think public sector employees should make overtime. So fucking what?

Do you realize that in most careers when you get to a certain point you become what's called "exempt"  and no longer eligible for overtime.

Here's a fun fact for you.

Cops in NY were writing tons of tickets and collecting overtime for going to court.

When they removed the overtime, the tickets for bullshit crimes dropped drastically.

When you can write a ticket to pay yourself overtime there's a problem.

Of course you think I'm just hating on cops. But I'm not. I think all public sector employees should be exempt. No overtime.

I don't care if you're a cop or a ditch digger.

If you want a place that pays overtime, then go work in the private sector.

Well like I said, you know nothing of labor laws and negotiations.

I have not made up anything, your full of shiit claiming detroit cops make 6 figures even your fact about LA cops starting out at 6 figures was wrong. Talking out of your ass.

Of course they make overtime at court...its a function of their job the is mandatory and goes on outside of their 40 hour work week. If a cop gets subpoenad by court, it is not an option as to wether or not he gos and testifies, hes bound by the court. The court decides if he's needed four an appearance not the officer....That aside court subpoenas are sent with little notice so these guys who are already working power shift or swing shifts HAVE to drop whatever the fuck it is they are doing in the middle of their day or night as the case may ge, often find child care and make a mandatory court appearance under order of a judge. its job related so it is under their contract of they make overtime for it. It doesent matter if it is a traffic ticket or a murder trial the inconvenience and intrusion on their life outside of their regular work hours is compensated as overtime.

I suppose its irrelevant to you that those traffic tickets were actually deserved. In your mind its just a racket to make money. doesn't really matter if the person was actually driving like a maniac. In your mind its just a racket for the cops and traffic citations are bullshit.

Your saying you disagree and you make shit up to support your opinion. Im telling you the way that it is and why it is. You can either listen  or just continue to talk out of your ass. It works just fine and ts fair labor practice.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2013, 01:11:34 AM »
I've not made up anything.

Was I incorrect. Sure. But not by much ( in your mind 87k must be 1/2 of 100k) and I certainly don't think I'm wrong.

I don't get paid to go to court and if I get summoned to court it's not fucking optional either, so why are  cops special?

You can argue it all you want but what this shows me is that you're a cop and you don't want your overtime taken away. Who gives a damn? I don't.

Nothing you have said speaks of labor laws and negotiations. It's just more union bullshit which in a PUBLIC SECTOR job should be illegal.

Cry me a river.

The bottom line is that public sector unions crush free market economics and create burdens on the tax payers. That's all there is to it.

Don't get so emotional there big guy... I'm talking sound fiscal government policy and you're talking with your own personal wallet.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2013, 09:30:56 AM »

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »
I've not made up anything.

Was I incorrect. Sure. But not by much ( in your mind 87k must be 1/2 of 100k) and I certainly don't think I'm wrong.

I don't get paid to go to court and if I get summoned to court it's not fucking optional either, so why are  cops special?

You can argue it all you want but what this shows me is that you're a cop and you don't want your overtime taken away. Who gives a damn? I don't.

Nothing you have said speaks of labor laws and negotiations. It's just more union bullshit which in a PUBLIC SECTOR job should be illegal.

Cry me a river.

The bottom line is that public sector unions crush free market economics and create burdens on the tax payers. That's all there is to it.

Don't get so emotional there big guy... I'm talking sound fiscal government policy and you're talking with your own personal wallet.

First,  for you to suggest that detroit cops make six figures a year IS some bullshit you made up. Its a ridiculous ,isinformed statement that is entirely untrue. The only place you got that info from is your own head. Therefore you made that shit up. Oh and I guess 87k in your mind = 100K?

Second (and I have no idea why I have to explain this to you, but since you asked)....Of course you wouldn't get paid overtime for responding to a court subpoena. Why in the fuck would your job pay you overtime if you go out and get a traffic ticket or get arrested and have to appear in court?  I guess that shit makes sense in your mind too. Thats an absurd point to make and has no relevance.

third your rant against 'public sector' is merley your opinion and not 'sound fiscal policy.' You say that as if public sector employees are exempt from paying taxes....lol... My finances are just fine. My job is just fine. Collective bargaining is just fine. My wallet is just fine. I would venture to say that your city taxes are not the burden you are crying about and I would also say that the bulk of your tax dollars aren't going to employees who actually have a job and go to work and have the nerve to earn their money but more likely those dollars are being squandered on a multitude of welfare reforms that benefit people who don't work and live off of the government teet.

It seems like you come up with these counterpoints without actually thinking through the meaning of what you are saying. I don't know why you would suggest some of the things you suggest other than to be argumentative.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »
First,  for you to suggest that detroit cops make six figures a year IS some bullshit you made up. Its a ridiculous ,isinformed statement that is entirely untrue. The only place you got that info from is your own head. Therefore you made that shit up. Oh and I guess 87k in your mind = 100K?

Second (and I have no idea why I have to explain this to you, but since you asked)....Of course you wouldn't get paid overtime for responding to a court subpoena. Why in the fuck would your job pay you overtime if you go out and get a traffic ticket or get arrested and have to appear in court?  I guess that shit makes sense in your mind too. Thats an absurd point to make and has no relevance.

third your rant against 'public sector' is merley your opinion and not 'sound fiscal policy.' You say that as if public sector employees are exempt from paying taxes....lol... My finances are just fine. My job is just fine. Collective bargaining is just fine. My wallet is just fine. I would venture to say that your city taxes are not the burden you are crying about and I would also say that the bulk of your tax dollars aren't going to employees who actually have a job and go to work and have the nerve to earn their money but more likely those dollars are being squandered on a multitude of welfare reforms that benefit people who don't work and live off of the government teet.

It seems like you come up with these counterpoints without actually thinking through the meaning of what you are saying. I don't know why you would suggest some of the things you suggest other than to be argumentative.

First, yes... 87K with overtime is EASILY 100K, but if you want to keep harping on "Detroit", sure, I can say I didn't have a clue what Detroit cops made... because I've never lived in Detroit.

Los Angeles though, I do know about.

Second... I have zero option to skip court if I'm summoned... EVEN IF THE CASE ISN'T MY OWN. If I'm listed as a fucking witness for someone else's bullshit, I STILL have to go and while I PERSONALLY don't lose any money... I don't make any extra for it either... So why you don't seem to get the fact that you are the ONLY person getting overtime in that court room is pretty special.

Next... my rant is not against public sector employees making a wage... It's pretty specific... It's OVERTIME... So keep it in mind... OVERTIME is not some "right" and it's not some thing that EVERYONE gets... There are a TON of jobs that the people in them do not get overtime... Why you seem to think that it's some right for you and your tax burden brethren is pretty appalling.

So pay close attention tax burden... I'm not saying you don't deserve your salary... I'm saying you don't deserve overtime and you sure as hell don't deserve to be able to write tickets to force you into that overtime.

But here's the rub... all I can do is keep on voting and maybe, just maybe, this country and the people in it will eventually wake up and realize you aren't there for THEM... You and I both know you aren't here "for the people".

I digress though... The bottom line is that until I can convince other people (and it's happening slowly but surely in this country) that your group doesn't deserve overtime like a good percentage of people in this country don't get, then you'll keep sucking down those dollars.

You do your thing and I'll do mine and hopefully one day, I'll get it done.... Either that, or you and your public sector types will bankrupt the local governments until they have to hire outside police contractors to do the job. (Like they've started doing in Detroit. Something about Detroit I do know)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
First, yes... 87K with overtime is EASILY 100K, but if you want to keep harping on "Detroit", sure, I can say I didn't have a clue what Detroit cops made... because I've never lived in Detroit.

Second... I have zero option to skip court if I'm summoned... EVEN IF THE CASE ISN'T MY OWN. If I'm listed as a fucking witness for someone else's bullshit, I STILL have to go and while I PERSONALLY don't lose any money... I don't make any extra for it either... So why you don't seem to get the fact that you are the ONLY person getting overtime in that court room is pretty special.

Next... my rant is not against public sector employees making a wage... It's pretty specific... It's OVERTIME... So keep it in mind... OVERTIME is not some "right" and it's not some thing that EVERYONE gets... There are a TON of jobs that the people in them do not get overtime... Why you seem to think that it's some right for you and your tax burden brethren is pretty appalling.

So pay close attention tax burden... I'm not saying you don't deserve your salary... I'm saying you don't deserve overtime and you sure as hell don't deserve to be able to write tickets to force you into that overtime.

But here's the rub... all I can do is keep on voting and maybe, just maybe, this country and the people in it will eventually wake up and realize you aren't there for THEM... You and I both know you aren't here "for the people".

I digress though... The bottom line is that until I can convince other people (and it's happening slowly but surely in this country) that your group doesn't deserve overtime like a good percentage of people in this country don't get, then you'll keep sucking down those dollars.

You do your thing and I'll do mine and hopefully one day, I'll get it done.... Either that, or you and your public sector types will bankrupt the local governments until they have to hire outside police contractors to do the job. (Like they've started doing in Detroit. Something about Detroit I do know)

I can't speak for Detroit or LAPD. We don't get overtime for court in many cases. Court dates are scheduled on our days of work. However, IF overtime is required (And example would be a night shift officer works his 10 hrs but is required to be at court at 10 am then the overtime is paid by the court, which gets the funds from the fines. I'm having a hard time getting upset about an officer getting OT when it's a federal law that working over X amount of hours per week, or X amount of hours per day mandates overtime for an hourly employee. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2013, 11:26:48 AM »
I can't speak for Detroit or LAPD. We don't get overtime for court in many cases. Court dates are scheduled on our days of work. However, IF overtime is required (And example would be a night shift officer works his 10 hrs but is required to be at court at 10 am then the overtime is paid by the court, which gets the funds from the fines. I'm having a hard time getting upset about an officer getting OT when it's a federal law that working over X amount of hours per week, or X amount of hours per day mandates overtime for an hourly employee. 
That federal law is sidestepped by companies and "exceptions" all of the time.

However, salaried employees are not hourly employees right?

We agree there.

Are you a salaried employee or an hourly employee?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »
From what I hear, cops back in the day (30+ years ago) were respectable. People looked up to them.

Now they are a bunch of overweight, power driven assholes.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
That federal law is sidestepped by companies and "exceptions" all of the time.

However, salaried employees are not hourly employees right?

We agree there.

Are you a salaried employee or an hourly employee?

Myself and about 80 other employees are salaried. We get no overtime. The other 1700 are hourly

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »
Myself and about 80 other employees are salaried. We get no overtime. The other 1700 are hourly

What level do you switch from hourly to salary?

I find it peculiar that they list a lot of police positions as "a salary" and yet they work an hourly wage.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
What level do you switch from hourly to salary?

I find it peculiar that they list a lot of police positions as "a salary" and yet they work an hourly wage.

Lieutenant and above are salaried. Sergeant and below are hourly

Here it is called "Exempt" and Non Exempt" employees. We all get paid an hourly rate, but Exempt are not eligible to recieve overtime

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2013, 12:48:01 PM »
Lieutenant and above are salaried. Sergeant and below are hourly

Here it is called "Exempt" and Non Exempt" employees. We all get paid an hourly rate, but Exempt are not eligible to recieve overtime

That's the way it is here too.

When I worked for State Government, even the "exempt" people got overtime... And talk about milking it.

When I was there I could get paid for every hour I was just on call... Even if I didn't do anything, I got paid.

I know a guy who bought a BMW 3 series in CASH with just his "on-call" overtime money... Talk about a racket.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2013, 01:01:21 PM »
That's the way it is here too.

When I worked for State Government, even the "exempt" people got overtime... And talk about milking it.

When I was there I could get paid for every hour I was just on call... Even if I didn't do anything, I got paid.

I know a guy who bought a BMW 3 series in CASH with just his "on-call" overtime money... Talk about a racket.

Things have tightened up over the years, especially since the downturned economy in the last decade. Our on call people get compensated with 8 hrs comp time for a week of being on call. They pay double time and a half for officers who have to work Christmas day. Unti a few years ago you would have people changing their schedule in the back office so they could work Christmas day and get the money. That was a waste of tax payer money and it was stopped. No doubt there are people who will take advantage of the situation in every walk of life

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2013, 01:12:51 PM »

honestly don't know about other places..but my prct. Had over 450 cops in it( yes more than some departments but we had 30,000 cops in the NYPD spread over 75 pcts,and specialized units) can honestly say that I only knew 100% that we had 2 dirty cops. Could there have been more..yes..doubt it..the penalty( jail,losing job,pension) far outweighed the money to be taken off these petty drug dealers(and I was a super active cop who was bribed over 250,000 to let a guy go who I caught with a kilo..took him in recorded the bribe on tape and charged him with that besides the drugs,also caught 2 desperadoes who robbed a drug den and made off with over 650,000 cash money..every cent was vouchered by me and my partner..not a holy roller but taking money/drugs just wasn't my thing!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
honestly don't know about other places..but my prct. Had over 450 cops in it( yes more than some departments but we had 30,000 cops in the NYPD spread over 75 pcts,and specialized units) can honestly say that I only knew 100% that we had 2 dirty cops. Could there have been more..yes..doubt it..the penalty( jail,losing job,pension) far outweighed the money to be taken off these petty drug dealers(and I was a super active cop who was bribed over 250,000 to let a guy go who I caught with a kilo..took him in recorded the bribe on tape and charged him with that besides the drugs,also caught 2 desperadoes who robbed a drug den and made off with over 650,000 cash money..every cent was vouchered by me and my partner..not a holy roller but taking money/drugs just wasn't my thing!

That's the kinda shit that ended Serpico. Watch your back.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »

Same experience here.. 1700+ cops and would be surprised if more than a couple were dirty. We fired a cop this year for getting free tickets for a movie by implying he worked on the contract for the theater. So it would really have to be significant to get anyone to bite. Now if I found a duffle bag full of cash while walking through the desert....

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2013, 03:58:14 PM »

WTF?????OOHHHH brother 'public sector types broke detroit'????!!!!! You, sir, are an assshole. Merry Christmas.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »
WTF?????OOHHHH brother 'public sector types broke detroit'????!!!!! You, sir, are an assshole. Merry Christmas.

You sir can't read apparently.

I NEVER said that.

But cops often try to twist people's words. That's why there are defense attorneys.

Have a merry Christmas yourself.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
You sir can't read apparently.

I NEVER said that.

But cops often try to twist people's words. That's why there are defense attorneys.

Have a merry Christmas yourself.

will do Tu. I respect your ability to debate rationally without resorting to personal attacks. Sincerley, merry christmas.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2013, 06:42:08 PM »
will do Tu. I respect your ability to debate rationally without resorting to personal attacks. Sincerley, merry christmas.

I meant it sincerely as well.

I hope you and your family have the safest and happiest of Holidays possible.