Author Topic: Red Lines  (Read 2644 times)

BIGBOBTANKBUSTER

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Red Lines
« on: January 07, 2006, 01:33:49 PM »
I just started lifting 2 months ago. So far I love it, but yesterday I was doing shrugs and today I found bright red marks covering my shoulders. Is this normal.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Red Lines
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:27:56 PM »
I just started lifting 2 months ago. So far I love it, but yesterday I was doing shrugs and today I found bright red marks covering my shoulders. Is this normal.
  What were you doing before that?  Did you have a bar resting across your back/shoulders ie; squats ?
:

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:48:24 AM »
  What were you doing before that?  Did you have a bar resting across your back/shoulders ie; squats ?

thats what i was thinking.....or maybe standing calf raise machine

BIGBOBTANKBUSTER

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »
I did use the standing calf machine. But I had a sweatshirt on and I felt no pain or discomfort.  I thought they may be some sort of weird strech marks. They are almost gone today

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »
thats what it is then...sometimes it doesnt matter if u have a sweater on or not. happens all the time. nothing to worry about.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »
thats what i was thinking.....or maybe standing calf raise machine

Yup ~ seam marks from your shirt ~ almost/kinda like a bruise
:

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »
I think they're beautiful!
Z

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 05:57:06 AM »
I get those EVERY time I use the standing calf raise, and I only train in sweatshirts.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 07:46:35 AM »
It this happened to just start and you have been training for two month, than it might be from the sweats you were wearing. Some times what ever soap you use to wash them may have a compound in it that could cause an irritant to your skin, an allergy that your not aware of. If it's a new sweat shirt, some of  the elements (including dye's) that are used to make them in those third world countires are not the best. You could just wear a T shirt under your sweats or a long sleved  thermal underware shirt. If it's not a rash that lingers, than just have a prefered cotton shirt under the sweats. Good Luck.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 07:49:13 AM »
no.... its just from the pressure on your shoulders from the pads on the sranding calf machine