Author Topic: Iron Maiden or Judas Priest?  (Read 6203 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Iron Maiden or Judas Priest?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 08:52:10 AM »
Soundgarden crushes both of their balls

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 08:58:44 AM »

What the fuck? ::)

Getbig Question: What is 2 plus 2?

Groinks Answer: Violet!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
What the fuck? ::)

Getbig Question: What is 2 plus 2?

Groinks Answer: Violet!!!

Yes because Soundgarden plays country music  ::)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 09:09:51 AM »
Both great bands, however.

Maiden never had a record like Painkiller.

Priest never had Maiden's consistency.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 09:12:59 AM »
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!

For the vast majority of humans..we really don't care which music is "harder" to play. Just what sounds better to our ear.

And it's not like Soundgarden are hacks...please

If I'm in guitar noodling mode..then I'm listening to Buckethead and Paul Gilbert. Different types of music...you apply "guitar noodling" values to all music.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
PRIEST ALWAYS STAYED WITH SAME FORMULA BUT TINKERED WITH 'RADIO'VERSIONS FOR HITS 'LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT,BREAKING THE LAW,NOTHER THING COMING...BREAKING THE LAW,POINT OF ENTRY AND UP THEY STARTED HITTING THERE SALES/TOUR STRIDE 80'S EARLY TO LATE 80'S...I LIKE MORE SONGS THAN WHOLE DISCS ,ACCEPT SCREAMING AND POINT OF ENTRY AND ONE AFTER SCREAMING WITH 'LOVE BITES'FREEWHEEL BURNING FORGOT ALBUM??ONE OF MY FAV SONGS BY THEM IS DESERT PLAINS AND DIAMONDS AND RUST 'LIVE VERSION'

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
PRIEST ALWAYS STAYED WITH SAME FORMULA BUT TINKERED WITH 'RADIO'VERSIONS FOR HITS 'LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT,BREAKING THE LAW,NOTHER THING COMING...BREAKING THE LAW,POINT OF ENTRY AND UP THEY STARTED HITTING THERE SALES/TOUR STRIDE 80'S EARLY TO LATE 80'S...I LIKE MORE SONGS THAN WHOLE DISCS ,ACCEPT SCREAMING AND POINT OF ENTRY AND ONE AFTER SCREAMING WITH 'LOVE BITES'FREEWHEEL BURNING FORGOT ALBUM??ONE OF MY FAV SONGS BY THEM IS DESERT PLAINS AND DIAMONDS AND RUST 'LIVE VERSION'

Defenders of the Faith.

Priest sold out many times unfortunately...

Their last couple of albums are embarrassments and Halford is physically painful to watch live. Another band that doesn't know when to live the stage.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »
Defenders of the Faith.

THANKS YEAH,,GOOD TRACKS THERE,,,THEY SOFENED THERE SOUND AND RADIO PLAYED THEM AND ROB GOT INTO PROPS TOO MUCH,,STILL GOOD LIVE BAND..

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »
THANKS YEAH,,GOOD TRACKS THERE,,,THEY SOFENED THERE SOUND AND RADIO PLAYED THEM AND ROB GOT INTO PROPS TOO MUCH,,STILL GOOD LIVE BAND..

I thought Defenders was really hard, however, Point of Entry and Turbo are blatant sell out attempts. Also, in a lot of their albums it's just like you said, only a few songs are memorable, the rest are filler.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »

Not the question...dick ;D

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
Defenders of the Faith.

Defenders Of The Fate is not such a bad album. It's cheesy but fun. Overproduced but this one and Screaming for Vengeance are still pretty fun to listen to. Turbo is a piece of shit album. I think early Priest albums were way better (Unleashed In The East, Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin). Maiden was ok when Di'Anno was the singer. Dickinson's voice must be one of the most annoying singers of all time. Those bass triplets and dual guitar harmonization were also terribly dull.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
I thought Defenders was really hard, however, Point of Entry and Turbo are blatant sell out attempts. Also, in a lot of their albums it's just like you said, only a few songs are memorable, the rest are filler.
TURBO IS BAD'TURBO LOVER  :-\..POINT OF ENTRY'HEADING OUT TO THE HYWAY,DESERT PLAINS,HOT ROCKIN,,GOOD SONGS..BUT YEAH THERE FORAY INTO MORE RADIO DRIVEN HITS..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
Defenders Of The Fate is not such a bad album. It's cheesy but fun. Overproduced but this one and Screaming for Vengeance are still pretty fun to listen to. Turbo is a piece of shit album. I think early Priest albums were way better (Unleashed In The East, Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin). Maiden was ok when Di'Anno was the singer. Dickinson's voice must be one of the most annoying singers of all time. Those bass triplets and dual guitar harmonization were also terribly dull.
BUT THAT MAIDEN'S TRADEMARK SOUND ALL 3 U MENTIONED,,,D'IANNO WAS LIMITED MORE VOICE WISE THAN BRUCE,LIKE I SAID HE WAS MORE ENGLISH PUNK THAN METAL,,BUT IRON MAIDEN DEBUT/KILLERS HAVE SOME GREAT SONGS..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 10:47:31 AM »
Priest came first and helped solidify what has become known as heavy metal. Maiden is one of the best-loved bands ever in the genre.

Which group do I prefer?

Cannot answer. They both have been mainstays in my musical diet for the better part of 35 years.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
Maiden. In my opinion, the best bass player in the 80s metal genre.

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
UP THE IRONS!!!

Iron Maiden and "Killers" was the first CD i bought!!!

So, Maiden!!!

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »
Would have to go with Maiden on this one. Then again, never really gave Priest even 10% the attention I gave them. Other than Screaming for Vengeance, Painkiller, and maybe a combined two dozen songs from their other albums, their works is pretty much a blank for me.

the best place to start with Priest would be to download "Metal Works". It's a compilation of their BEST songs. It's what got me hooked on them in the early 90's.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »
Depends on teh version of the band...

Iron Maiden Killers, Priest-Hell Bent for Leather, 2 of the best things ever recorded...

Imagine their self-titled album with Killers production?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
PRIEST/MAIDEN 83 WERE HUGE 'SCREAMING AND NUMBER OF THE BEAST WERE HUGE...HALFORD WAS A METAL SINGER THROUGH AND THROUGH,MAIDEN 79/82 WERE GETTING BY WITH PAUL D'ANNO WHO WAS MORE SEX PISTOLS AND LIMITED HOWLS THAN OPERA THEATRICS/VOICE DICKINSON,,,READ INTERESTING QUOTE BY BRUCE HE SAID HE WANTS TO HIT EVERYONE IN AUDIENCE WITH HIS SOUND THE 'LAST ROW'UP TOP AGAINST THE WALL IN THE ARENA THAT FAN..OR SOMETHING TO THAT NATURE..

Yeah, they were definitely punkier with Dianno as the frontman, but those first 2 albums were KILLER (pun intended). While Priest was/is an incredible band, with so many classic hits from 1974 through 1990, I say Maiden were more consistent. I'm even a huge Blaze Bayley fan and X-Factor was criminally underrated imo. Every song was an epic.

Abacab

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2013, 04:37:31 PM »
the best place to start with Priest would be to download "Metal Works". It's a compilation of their BEST songs. It's what got me hooked on them in the early 90's.

That collection is a great one, no doubt. When you listen to it, you're left thinking, Holy shit! Priest has written some truly amazing metal classics!

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
For the vast majority of humans..we really don't care which music is "harder" to play. Just what sounds better to our ear.

And it's not like Soundgarden are hacks...please

If I'm in guitar noodling mode..then I'm listening to Buckethead and Paul Gilbert. Different types of music...you apply "guitar noodling" values to all music.

Priest and Maiden noodle, shred and have difficult songs to play?

Wow man, just wow.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Absolutely! Except one is even greater and that's Maiden.

I knew there was something about you I liked.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »
Maiden... Bruce can fly a 757... that's badass.

Judas Priest is amazing too.

This is hard but Maiden gets the edge.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »
Priest came first and helped solidify what has become known as heavy metal. Maiden is one of the best-loved bands ever in the genre.

Which group do I prefer?

Cannot answer. They both have been mainstays in my musical diet for the better part of 35 years.

Motorhead had a huge part to play in solidifying what has become heavy metal as well. Bomber, Ace of Spades and Iron Fist were pro-to thrash albums. Of course, Sabbath are the grandfathers of metal no question about that. We can also talk about bands like Budgie, Thin Lizzy, Purple, King Crimson, 70's Scorpions, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash, Pentagram, Accept, UFO, ACDC, Blue Oyster Cult, Van Halen, and so many others, but yeah, there was something evil and sinister about albums like Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class and Hell Bent For Leather that took metal into a new direction and had a huge influence on Maiden, Saxon, Diamon Head, Raven, Tygers of Pan Tang, Witchfynde, Tank, Blitzkrieg, Angel Witch, Tokyo Blade, early Def Leppard and many others (all before Metallica's 1982 EP).