Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 91033 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
Retards all of ye, the point is that he won't make the cake BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY, thus discriminating against them, your scenario is not remotely the same. Swastikas are offensive symbolism, it's reasonable to deny making it. They aren't asking for a cake in the shape of a cock going in a mans ass.

Necrosis, that is incorrect.  The baker won't bake a gay couple a "wedding cake" because he strongly believes that marriage is between one man and one woman and he doesn't want to be a "participant" in such wedding.  I'm sure the baker would be more than happy to bake them anything else for any other occasion.

Right or wrong, the government shouldn't force him to participate in a same sex wedding by baking the wedding cake.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
Necrosis, that is incorrect.  The baker won't bake a gay couple a "wedding cake" because he strongly believes that marriage is between one man and one woman and he doesn't want to be a "participant" in such wedding.  I'm sure the baker would be more than happy to bake them anything else for any other occasion.

Right or wrong, the government shouldn't force him to participate in a same sex wedding by baking the wedding cake.

Is it not discrimination? I didn't think you could actively discriminate openly like that in a business setting. I do see your point, people are far too serious about this shit though.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
this is the honest truth

I barely even pay attention to this site

I've seen that link but I've never clicked on it

I just go to the threads that I recall posting and see if there are any interesting comments

That is the first link I click when I log in.

For a site you barely pay attention to, you sure have racked up a pretty decent amount of posts... That's your story and you're sticking to it.

Name:   Straw Man
Position:   Getbig V
Date Registered:   November 30, 2006, 12:32:11 PM
Last Active:   Today at 09:44:05 AM

Name:   tu_holmes
Date Registered:   January 09, 2006, 12:51:49 PM
Last Active:   Today at 10:13:57 AM

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2014, 10:24:13 AM »
That is the first link I click when I log in.

For a site you barely pay attention to, you sure have racked up a pretty decent amount of posts... That's your story and you're sticking to it.

Name:   Straw Man
Date Registered:   November 30, 2006, 12:32:11 PM
Last Active:   Today at 09:44:05 AM

Name:   tu_holmes
Date Registered:   January 09, 2006, 12:51:49 PM
Last Active:   Today at 10:13:57 AM

I  think I found a solution to your quandary

don't click on that link

problem solved

you're welcome

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »
Is it not discrimination? I didn't think you could actively discriminate openly like that in a business setting. I do see your point, people are far too serious about this shit though.

It is discrimination.  The issue is whether it is (or should be) unlawful discrimination.  We allow private entities and religious organizations to discriminate.  This arguably isn't much different.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
I think I have a solution to you being a dick.

Stop typing / speaking

You're welcome.

why so cranky?

did you get your period?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
why so cranky?

did you get your period?

Whether I'm ragging or not doesn't change the fact you're a douchebag.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #307 on: June 04, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
Whether I'm ragging or not doesn't change the fact you're a douchebag.

you're the one chose to start and thread and then piss and moan when people post

the solution to your ridiculous problem is simple

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2014, 02:48:56 PM »
It is discrimination.  The issue is whether it is (or should be) unlawful discrimination.  We allow private entities and religious organizations to discriminate.  This arguably isn't much different.   

I agree - I don't see much difference. There's a rock-solid argument for not allowing governments and government entities to discriminate (which I don't think is controversial) and there are good arguments for not permitting discrimination in some situations (e.g. by public utilities, common carriers and medical providers).

In this instance, I think it's ridiculous to essentially threaten a private business into selling a cake to anyone. Some argue that the government can require entities licensed by them (e.g. businesses) to not discriminate since such a requirement advances a compelling government interest. I could maybe buy that, but it would be a hard sell especially since I believe that the government shouldn't be in the licensing business.

Again, I think the baker's position is stupid and irrational. But that's not a crime, nor should it be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
I agree - I don't see much difference. There's a rock-solid argument for not allowing governments and government entities to discriminate (which I don't think is controversial) and there are good arguments for not permitting discrimination in some situations (e.g. by public utilities, common carriers and medical providers).

In this instance, I think it's ridiculous to essentially threaten a private business into selling a cake to anyone. Some argue that the government can require entities licensed by them (e.g. businesses) to not discriminate since such a requirement advances a compelling government interest. I could maybe buy that, but it would be a hard sell especially since I believe that the government shouldn't be in the licensing business.

Again, I think the baker's position is stupid and irrational. But that's not a crime, nor should it be.

I agree with most of this.  I'm actually on the fence about whether he should be forced to sell in this instance in violation of his religious beliefs. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
I agree with most of this.  I'm actually on the fence about whether he should be forced to sell in this instance in violation of his religious beliefs. 

He is not being forced to violate his religious beliefs

no one is forcing him to be gay or get gay married

He just can't discriminate in his business based on sexual orientation just like he can't discriminate based on race, religion, sex, etc..

but there is no violation of his religious beliefs

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »
I started it before I decided that all of you guys are just a bunch of jackholes who argue just to argue... I'm tired of paying attention to you.

The fact you don't get that shows just how dense you are.

TU - I've got no beef with you

This started because I didn't understand that notification you were complaining about (I truly have never looked at that link)

This is a stupid message board.  Why are you taking it so seriously?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »
TU - I've got no beef with you

This started because I didn't understand that notification you were complaining about (I truly have never looked at that link)

This is a stupid message board.  Why are you taking it so seriously?

I am trying to not take it at all... that's the point.

I have gone through tens if not 100 threads and deleted posts (all on the politics board) because I'm tired of seeing everyone bitch and complain about whoever and it's pointless... I'm quite tired of seeing everyone whine and bitch and be completely void of reason.

It's one thing on the G&O, but the politics board? I thought better of it when I started posting and now, I realize it's just silly.

As other threads pop up, I delete my posts from them too.

I'm only continuing to post in this one because I can't get rid of my first post.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
I think you meant dung. Yes. In the shape of a big piece of feces to symbolize the current pathetic spiritual and moral state of all homos.
what if it were lesbians? couldn't he make a cake in the shape of a pussy? that would be fine, wouldn't it?  no feces there.
w

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2014, 01:48:33 PM »
FKS SAKES.....bake the fuckin cake and spit in the batter....problem solved, everyone happy. End thread.
or charge $ 10,000.00 for it. or $ 50,000.00
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: June 05, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
Colorado baker who won't make gay wedding cakes ordered to sensitivity training
Published by: Dan Calabrese on Thursday June 5th, 2014

"They are turning people of faith into religious refugees."

Colorado bakery owner Jack Phillips never sought out a gay person to discrminate against, nor to harm in any way. He has no desire to do so.

But because he serves Jesus Christ above all else, Phillips was not about to be forced into participation in celebrating the "marriage" of two gay men. So when they entered his store to place an order for a wedding cake, he simply told them they would have to find a different bakery.

We've told you this story before, and it's now reached exactly the point many people feared it would all along. Phillips is being ordered by the State of Colorado not only to undergo sensitivity training, but to enact new policies for him and his staff, and to file quarterly reports with the state that prove he has not turned away any business from homosexuals.

The fascism plays out as follows, with reporting from Todd Starnes writing for Charisma Magazine:

Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, in Lakewood, Colorado was directed to change his store policies immediately and force his staff to attend the training sessions. For the next two years, Phillips will also be required to submit quarterly reports to the commission to confirm that he has not turned away customers based on their sexual orientation.

Think of it as reverse conversion therapy (or straight man's rehab) so that the state can mandate diversity through conformity.

The plight of Jack Phillips and his family is something I write about in my new book, "God Less America." His story of religious persecution is one of many that I document.

Nicolle Martin, an attorney with Alliance Defending Freedom, called the ruling Orwellian and said they are considering an appeal.

"They are turning people of faith into religious refugees," Martin told me. "Is this the society that we want to live in—where people of faith are driven out of business?"

Martin said it was "truly frightening" that Phillips will be forced to submit quarterly reports to the government disclosing whether he turned away any wedding cake business.

"There will be some reporting requirements so that Jack can demonstrate that he doesn't exercise his belief system anymore—that he has divested himself of his beliefs," she said.

He will also be required to create new policies and procedures for his staff.

"We consider this reporting to be aimed at rehabilitating Jack so that he has the right thoughts," Martin said. "That's offensive to everything America stands for."

Let's not lose sight of how this evolved. At first the Civil Rights Commission said you can have your beliefs but you can't hurt people. That sounds well and good, but it only applies to the extent that you use a reasonable definition of "hurting people." If a business contract between two parties is freely entered into, then either party must have the freedom to choose whether to enter into it. If you ask me to provide a service to you and I choose not to, I'm not hurting you. I'm just choosing not to be the service provider. Aside from the arguable inconvenience of having to contact other potential providers, I have not done you any harm.

What the State of Colorado is asserting here is that Jack Phillips does not have the freedom to make that choice - that he must enter into that business contract regardless of his comfort level with the service being provided or with the client he is asked to serve. That is fascism, plain and simple. In my business career, I have turned down clients many times just because I didn't get a good feeling from them. Do I not have the right to do that? Is the State of Michigan going to investigate me and tell me I not only must provide service to anyone who asks, but that I further must undergo sensitivity training and write new policies that I must submit to them for approval?

Understand what this is really all about. The secular left wants to remake the order of society in the image of its utopian vision, and people of faith are an obstacle to that dream. The embrace of gay marriage is not so much about the rights of gay people as it is a blunt instrument being deployed to marginalize the Christian faith. If you adhere to the Bible's teachings about homosexuality, you are at odds with mainstream culture in America, and there is no such thing as live and let live.

Someone will enter your establishment and demand that you perform an act that celebrates their lifestyle. If you refuse, the power of the state will be brought to bear against you.

Sorry. Scratch that. The past tense is not appropriate. It has already happened.

http://www.caintv.com/colorado-baker-who-wont-make-g

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »
I assume this baker also refuses to make cakes for anyone who has committed adultery or for that matter anyone who works on the sabbath or wears clothes "mingled of linen and woolen" or anyone with a tattoo

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
I assume this baker also refuses to make cakes for anyone who has committed adultery or for that matter anyone who works on the sabbath or wears clothes "mingled of linen and woolen" or anyone with a tattoo

He might have if presented with those situations.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #318 on: June 05, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
He might have if presented with those situations.

I doubt it

just take adultery

what are the odds that all of his customers abstained from sex prior to marriage

do you think he ever bothers to asks his customers if they are virgins when taking an order for a wedding cake

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #319 on: June 05, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
I doubt it

just take adultery

what are the odds that all of his customers abstained from sex prior to marriage

do you think he ever bothers to asks his customers if they are virgins when taking an order for a wedding cake

This example is relevent only if the potential customer specifically requested a cake celebrating adultery
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #320 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »

This example is relevent only if the potential customer specifically requested a cake celebrating adultery

wrong

if they ask for a wedding cake then they should both be virgins and I assume given his deep religious beliefs that he would need to confirm this  prior to consenting to bake them a wedding cake

Also, even if they are virgins he would still need to confirm that neither one has a tattoo or has ever "mingled of linen and woolen" and shit, a long list of other ridiculous shit...... I mean if he really is as religious as he claims to be and not just a bigot.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #321 on: June 05, 2014, 03:12:13 PM »
wrong

if they ask for a wedding cake then they should both be virgins and I assume given his deep religious beliefs that he would need to confirm this  prior to consenting to bake them a wedding cake

Also, even if they are virgins he would still need to confirm that neither one has a tattoo or has ever "mingled of linen and woolen" and shit, a long list of other ridiculous shit...... I mean if he really is as religious as he claims to be and not just a bigot.

Wrong.   If the bride and groom approach the baker asking him directly to bake a cake celebrating adultery or premarital sex the comparison would be a fair one.  The way you're framing it, the situations are very different and the comparison falls flat.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #322 on: June 05, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »
Wrong.   If the bride and groom approach the baker asking him directly to bake a cake celebrating adultery or premarital sex the comparison would be a fair one.  The way you're framing it, the situations are very different and the comparison falls flat.

no difference

he should be giving every customer a questionaire to make sure they are not sinners before selling them even a muffin or chocolate chip cookie

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #323 on: June 05, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
no difference

he should be giving every customer a questionaire to make sure they are not sinners before selling them even a muffin or chocolate chip cookie

There is a huge difference.  The difference is fairly obvious.  Take a typical male/female couple who walk into the bakery and request a wedding cake.   It doesnt matter whether they've had premarital sex.  The baker isnt baking a cake   celebrating premartial sex.  The baker is baking that cake for an institution he supports on ethical and religious grounds, the marriage of a man to a woman. 
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #324 on: June 05, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »
There is a huge difference.  The difference is fairly obvious.  Take a typical male/female couple who walk into the bakery and request a wedding cake.   It doesnt matter whether they've had premarital sex.  The baker isnt baking a cake   celebrating premartial sex.  The baker is baking that cake for an institution he supports on ethical and religious grounds, the marriage of a man to a woman. 

so why is it only that one sin that he has a problem with and yet has no problem ignoring all other sins

it's not like he's performing the wedding ceremony

all he is doing is baking a cake

I wonder if he asks people getting re-married after having been divorced if their divorces were for reasons condoned in the bible.
If not, then isn't he condoning their wedding by baking them a cake.   He should really require copies of the divorce decree from every couple to make sure their divorce was acceptable reasons in the eyes of his god