Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 91044 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #475 on: October 31, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »
stop acting like a moron and I'll stop pointing it out

deal?

Whatever you say.  Hey, I want to let you know that I watched your movie the other day on Netflix.  Very moving, I loved it.

Did you get to meet Sean Penn?  Must have been exciting.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #476 on: October 31, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »
meh- lame attempt at humor but at least it is "humor"

showing an image of a gun pointed at someone's head and pretending that a court rejection is akin to a gun to someone's head is just fucking pathetic and moronic

let me remind you again what the court said

maybe you can find a someone to explain it to you

"The printing of same-sex persons names on wedding invitations does not hinder in any way plaintiffs' independent exercise of (their) religious belief by attending the church of their choice, engaging in religious activities or functions, and expressing their beliefs on their business website and literature or in their personal lives,” the judge wrote.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #477 on: October 31, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »

showing an image of a gun pointed at someone's head and pretending that a court rejection is akin to a gun to someone's head is just fucking pathetic and moronic

"The printing of same-sex persons names on wedding invitations does not hinder in any way plaintiffs' independent exercise of (their) religious belief by attending the church of their choice, engaging in religious activities or functions, and expressing their beliefs on their business website and literature or in their personal lives,” the judge wrote.

You really are a Democrat, you think up a dumb idea and then refuse to let it go.

Don't worry, I'd have no problem with baking your wedding cake Straw Man.  When you find that special guy, I'll support your decision 100%.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #478 on: October 31, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
You really are a Democrat, you think up a dumb idea and then refuse to let it go.

Don't worry, I'd have no problem with baking your wedding cake Straw Man.  When you find that special guy, I'll support your decision 100%.

a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #479 on: October 31, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »

I'm sure the fat man in the White House would like a slice

He's loves chocolate cake so much he forgot what country he bombed while he was eating it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #480 on: October 31, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »

wow, what a surprise that a Trumptard thinks The Constitution is a dumb idea

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #481 on: October 31, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
I'm sure the fat man in the White House would like a slice

He's loves chocolate cake so much he forgot what country he bombed while he was eating it

So you support fat-shaming?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #482 on: October 31, 2017, 05:09:59 PM »
wow, what a surprise that a Trumptard thinks The Constitution is a dumb idea

Since you are obviously "special", let me help you understand.  I'll hold your hand and talk to you like a small child.

This is the dumb idea that you won't let go of.  Not sure why you chose to say it twice in one sentence but nevertheless.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: October 31, 2017, 05:18:23 PM »
Straw trying to get away from the fact that he posted a really dumb post in response to a common phrase "pointing a gun to your/my head" in picture form.

I think I saw him kneeling with the Texans this weekend. Team masseuse.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #484 on: October 31, 2017, 05:20:01 PM »
Straw trying to get away from the fact that he posted a really dumb post in response to a common phrase "pointing a gun to your/my head" in picture form.

Bingo.  Instead of moving on he's doubling down.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #485 on: October 31, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »

Maybe the same thing will happen to a Muslim bakery
Let's see if they will be forced to bake or close.

They have such love of all things faggottrie --- Not.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #486 on: October 31, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
So you support fat-shaming?

absolutely
in certain circumstances
some people need shaming

you disagree?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #487 on: October 31, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »

Maybe the same thing will happen to a Muslim bakery
Let's see if they will be forced to bake or close.

They have such love of all things faggottrie --- Not.

I assume it will

just need to find a gay couple (or whatever else fundie muslims don't like) and order a cake from their bakery

anything jewish will probably work (bar/bat mitzvah and you only need one person)

hint to that scrawny cracker felon

I'm giving you this idea for free

but it has to be a real couple or jewish kid and they have to follow through with a real lawsuit or it won't work

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #488 on: October 31, 2017, 08:34:05 PM »

I think I saw him kneeling with the Texans this weekend. Team masseuse.

you're still missing the OBVIOUS

no one is pointing a gun at the person who is in the cake making business

why not a "gay flag" tank or pitbull or bottle of acid or some other method of violence?

I'm not the one who entered the meme (subjective perspective) of violence into the scenario

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #489 on: October 31, 2017, 09:51:38 PM »
absolutely
in certain circumstances
some people need shaming

you disagree?

I fat shame on Getbig all day.  Out in the world I don't, I just avoid them.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: November 01, 2017, 05:59:33 AM »
you're still missing the OBVIOUS

no one is pointing a gun at the person who is in the cake making business

why not a "gay flag" tank or pitbull or bottle of acid or some other method of violence?

I'm not the one who entered the meme (subjective perspective) of violence into the scenario
Strike three.

You are fast approaching Prime when it comes to basic understanding.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #491 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:36 PM »
Strike three.

lol this

actually he's much worse than primer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:41 AM »
Gay wedding cake controversy heads to Supreme Court
By Bill Mears | Fox News

Christian baker vs. Colorado What is the case really about

The encounter between a same-sex couple and a Colorado baker lasted just a few seconds -- but the legal, political and social impact could extend for decades after the Supreme Court takes up their case on Tuesday.

The justices will hear oral arguments in perhaps the most closely watched appeal so far this term, pitting religious conviction against anti-discrimination laws.

At issue is the July 2012 encounter, when Charlie Craig and David Mullins of Denver visited Masterpiece Cakeshop to buy a custom-made wedding cake. Owner Jack Phillips refused his services when told it was for a same-sex couple. A state civil rights commission sanctioned Phillips after a formal complaint from the gay couple.

"This case has never been about cakes," Mullins told Fox News. "It's about the rights of gay people to receive equal service in business and not be afraid of being turned away because of who they are. It's about basic access to public life."

But the Trump administration backs Phillips, who is represented in court by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative Christian nonprofit. He has lost at every step in the legal appeals process.

"I serve everybody that comes in: gay, straight, Catholic, Muslim, atheist. I welcome everybody into my shop," Phillips told Fox News recently. "I just don't create cakes for every event that's presented to me."

Phillips says he has lost business and had to let employees go because of the controversy.

Baker Jack Phillips
Baker Jack Phillips is at the center of Tuesday's Supreme Court hearing.  (Alliance Defending Freedom)
The court on Tuesday will examine whether applying Colorado's public accommodations law to compel the local baker to create commercial "expression" violates his constitutionally protected Christian beliefs about marriage.

By wading again into the culture wars, the justices will have to confront recent decisions on both gay rights and religious liberty: a 2015 landmark opinion legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide and a separate 2014 decision affirming the right of some companies to act on their owner's faith by refusing to provide contraception to its workers.

'My bakery, my family, my life, the work I get to do, is a gift from God and I want to honor Him in everything I do.'
- Jack Phillips
Chief Justice John Roberts predicted the current legal dilemma in his gay marriage dissent: "Hard questions arise when people of faith exercise religion in ways that may be seen to conflict with the new right to same-sex marriage."

BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Craig and Mullins met on a blind date in late 2010, and decided to get married a couple of years later. Since Colorado did not permit it at the time, they tied the knot in Massachusetts. While planning for a hometown reception with friends and family, the two decided to visit Phillips' small shop in a Denver suburb.

Along with Craig's mother and a book of ideas, they met with Phillips for just 20 seconds by the owner's account, when he said he told them, "Guys, I don't make cakes for same-sex weddings."

"What followed was a horrible pregnant pause during which what was happening really sunk in and we were mortified and embarrassed," recalled Mullins. "We teared up. It was a very painful and emotional moment for us."

"It made us feel helpless," added Craig. "To this day I feel like Dave and I are sort of on guard when we go into public accommodations, whether we can talk about our relationship openly for the fear of being discriminated against again."

In this Nov. 28, 2017, photo, Charlie Craig and David Mullins are shown in their home in Denver. The Dec. 5, Supreme Court argument about a baker who refused to make a cake for the same-sex couple makes some civil rights lawyers think of South Carolina’s Piggie Park barbecue. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
In this Nov. 28, 2017, photo, Charlie Craig and David Mullins are shown in their home in Denver.  (AP)
Phillips was behind the counter at his shop when Fox News visited him last week. Using a palette of colored icing, he sculpted sugary designs that included red birds and the Denver Broncos football logo.

"It's not about turning away these customers, it's about doing a cake for an event -- a religious sacred event -- that conflicts with my conscience," he said earlier. "My bakery, my family, my life, the work I get to do, is a gift from God and I want to honor Him in everything I do."

The soft-spoken Phillips adds that like other artists, he has turned away cake requests for a variety of reasons: baked goods with profanity or obscene images, racial stereotypes, even those that he says would disparage homosexuals.

OPPOSING VIEWS

The Trump administration agrees with Phillips' legal claims to a large extent. Attorney General Jeff Sessions in October issued broad guidance to executive branch agencies, reiterating the government should respect religious freedom, which in the Justice Department's eyes extends to people, businesses and organizations.

"Faith is deeply embedded into the history of our country," President Trump said in May, adding his administration "will not allow people of faith to be targeted, bullied or silenced anymore."

But civil rights groups worry the conservative majority on the court may be ready to peel back protections for groups with a history of enduring discrimination.

“A ruling in this case to give businesses the right to refuse service to customers would shatter longstanding non-discrimination laws and have wide impacts on religious and racial minorities, single mothers, people with disabilities, and others," James Esseks, director of the ACLU's LGBT and HIV Project, said.

The case raises tough moral and legal questions that courts are increasingly being asked to navigate: 

When certain businesses open their doors, do they in essence get to choose their customer base, by creating exceptions for whom they will serve?
Do artists and others who provide subjective, personalized content have any discretion to refuse or tailor their creations -- based on religious or moral beliefs?
Couldn't Mullins and Craig have found another bakery to accommodate them, a practical solution in the eyes of many that would avoid further conflict between customer and owner?
Does the LGBT community deserve a higher level of protection from civil rights discrimination -- in the same class as race, sex, and disability -- when it comes to states passing and enforcing statutes involving sexual orientation?
NEXT STEPS

Sitting in their comfortable home, the couple at the center of the case said they are anxious to put their half-decade legal odyssey behind them.

“Five years is a long time to continue talk about a situation that has happened," Mullins said. "But it has forced us to really come together as couple and support each other. I think we have been stronger for it."

Mullins, an office manager and part-time musician and photographer, and Craig, who is an interior designer, express hope their case sends a clear social message.

"We were doing this initially for ourselves. But, along the way we have heard thousands of people that have been discriminated against," Craig said. "So, now I feel like we are also standing for them too."

The case is Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission (16-111).

A ruling is expected by June 2018.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/gay-wedding-cake-controversy-heads-to-supreme-court.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
Strike three.

I wonder if these people who were shot to death or their friends and families can appreciate the pain and suffering associated with having to bake a cake

What a fucking tragedy to have to bake a cake. Something those fundie dipshit bakers do all day long...every day

Yeah, totally appropriate and apt to make an image of a rainbow gun at the poor bakers head

Its very hard for me to empathize with the pain and suffering they must be enduring to have to bake a cake

There family must also be in great pain as well

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: December 04, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
I wonder if these people who were shot to death or their friends and families can appreciate the pain and suffering associated with having to bake a cake

What a fucking tragedy to have to bake a cake. Something those fundie dipshit bakers do all day long...every day

Yeah, totally appropriate and apt to make an image of a rainbow gun at the poor bakers head

Its very hard for me to empathize with the pain and suffering they must be enduring to have to bake a cake

There family must also be in great pain as well
Are you mad again about something? Brain fried? You responded to a post from nov 1 only to reply with the exact same picture you used on the previous page that was the original display of your lack of basic understanding. Very pointless.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: December 06, 2017, 10:14:11 AM »
Justice Kennedy Grills Baker In Colorado Same-Sex Rights Case
Kennedy is a long-time champion of gay rights, but the court appeared closely divided after an intense oral argument.
Lawrence Hurley
12/05/2017

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday appeared closely divided with likely pivotal vote Justice Anthony Kennedy posing tough questions about a Christian baker’s refusal to make a wedding cake for a gay couple but also questioning whether a Colorado civil rights commission that ruled on the issue was biased against religion.

The nine justices heard an intense, extended 80-minute oral argument in the major case on whether certain businesses can refuse service to gay couples if they oppose same-sex marriage on religious grounds.

The case concerns an appeal by Jack Phillips, a baker who runs Masterpiece Cakeshop in the Denver suburb of Lakewood, of a state court ruling that his refusal to make a cake for gay couple David Mullins and Charlie Craig in 2012 on the basis of his religious beliefs violated a Colorado anti-discrimination law.

Kennedy, a conservative who sometimes sides with the court’s four liberals in major cases, raised concerns about issuing a ruling siding with the baker that would give a green light to discrimination against gay people.

The court’s four liberals would likely side with him on that point, with several justices citing a wide range of other creative professionals, including makeup artists and florists, who could deny service to gay customers if the baker wins.

In one of the biggest cases of the conservative-majority court’s nine-month term, the justices must decide whether the baker’s action was constitutionally protected.

Phillips, represented by the conservative Christian advocacy group Alliance Defending Freedom, contends that the Colorado law violated his rights to freedom of speech and free exercise of religion under the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment. The Supreme Court arguments focused on his free speech claim, based on the idea that creating a custom cake is a form of free expression.

Mullins and Craig call the baker’s refusal a simple case of unlawful discrimination based on sexual orientation. Colorado law bars businesses from refusing service based on race, sex, marital status or sexual orientation.

Kennedy, a long-term champion of gay rights, mentioned the possibility of a baker putting a sign in his window saying he would not make cakes for gay weddings, wondering if that would be “an affront to the gay community.”

But citing comments made by a commissioner on the state civil rights panel that ruled against the baker, Kennedy said there was evidence of “hostility to religion” and questioned whether that panel’s decision should be allowed to stand.

“Tolerance is essential in a free society. Tolerance is most meaningful when it’s mutual,” Kennedy said. But the commission was not “tolerant or respectful” of Phillips, he added.

The commissioner, unnamed in court papers, said at a 2014 hearing that “freedom of religion, and religion, has been used to justify all kinds of discrimination throughout history.” The commissioner added that freedom of religion “is one of the most despicable pieces of rhetoric that people can use ... to use their religion to hurt others.”

It was unclear to what extent Kennedy’s criticism of the commissioner would dictate how he votes in the case.

The Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in a landmark 2015 ruling written by the 81-year-old Kennedy, one of the court’s five conservatives. He has joined the court’s four liberals in major decisions on issues such as abortion and gay rights, but also is a strong proponent of free speech rights.

Mullins and Craig are represented by the American Civil Liberties Union, which has argued that Phillips’ legal team is advocating for a “license to discriminate” that could have broad repercussions beyond gay rights.

Several of the justices asked questions that suggested they are concerned about how far a ruling in favor of the baker might extend. Liberal Justice Elena Kagan wondered about whether a hairstylist, chef or a makeup artist could refuse service, claiming their services are also speech protected by the Constitution. “Why is there no speech in creating a wonderful hairdo?” Kagan asked.

Kennedy asked U.S. Solicitor General Noel Francisco, the Trump administration lawyer supporting the baker, what would happen if the court rules for the baker and then bakers nationwide then started receiving requests to not bake cakes for gay weddings. “Would the government feel vindicated?” Kennedy asked.

Conservative members of the court, including Chief Justice John Roberts, appeared more sympathetic to the baker.

AARON BERNSTEIN / REUTERS
‘LOVE WINS’

Hundreds of demonstrators on both sides of the dispute rallied outside the white marble courthouse. Supporters of Phillips waved signs that read, “We got your back Jack.” As Mullins and Craig made their way into the courthouse, the two men led their supporters in chants of “Love Wins.”

After the arguments, Phillips told reporters that the backlash against his business after his refusal has included death threats and harassment, adding, “We are struggling just to make ends meet and keep the shop afloat.”

“It’s hard to believe that the government is forcing me choose between providing for my family and my employees, and violating my relationship with God,” Phillips said.

Mullins told reporters the couple’s snub by Phillips made them feel mortified and humiliated, like “second-class citizens in our society.”

The Colorado Civil Rights Commission found that Phillips had violated anti-discrimination law and ordered him to take remedial measures including staff training and the filing of quarterly compliance reports. The baker lost appeals in state courts before asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the case.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justice-kennedy-grills-baker-in-colorado-same-sex-rights-case_us_5a26f85be4b08220bd787575?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #496 on: December 06, 2017, 07:06:39 PM »
Are you mad again about something? Brain fried? You responded to a post from nov 1 only to reply with the exact same picture you used on the previous page that was the original display of your lack of basic understanding. Very pointless.

LOL - why would you think I'm mad

I'll keep posting the same comments as long as morons like you keep trying to conflate being paid to bake a cake (something those idiot bakers do every day) with having a gun put to your head. 

I can't imagine the pain those bakers must be going through.  They'll never have another birthday or christmas with that cake. They'll never get to see that cake grow up and have cakes of it's own.  They'll probably never really recover from the loss and the pain of being Paid to Bake a Cake.     

I wonder what's next

If fundies own a restaurant and a gay couple comes in to celebrate an anniversary will they insist they can't serve them.
How about if you own a hotel and a gay couple shows up to rent a room.  What if you own rental property a gay couple wants to live there.   If we still have a Constitution in this country these people will lose. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #497 on: December 07, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »
LOL - why would you think I'm mad

I'll keep posting the same comments as long as morons like you keep trying to conflate being paid to bake a cake (something those idiot bakers do every day) with having a gun put to your head. 

I can't imagine the pain those bakers must be going through.  They'll never have another birthday or christmas with that cake. They'll never get to see that cake grow up and have cakes of it's own.  They'll probably never really recover from the loss and the pain of being Paid to Bake a Cake.     

I wonder what's next

If fundies own a restaurant and a gay couple comes in to celebrate an anniversary will they insist they can't serve them.
How about if you own a hotel and a gay couple shows up to rent a room.  What if you own rental property a gay couple wants to live there.   If we still have a Constitution in this country these people will lose. 
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #498 on: December 08, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
Straw man, you keep posting that photo of bloodied, dead bodies of girls.  Does it turn you on?  You sick SOB.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2018, 09:18:05 AM »
Court Rules Bakery Owners Who Refused to Make Cake for Gay Couple Must Pay $135,000 in Emotional Damages
WILLIAM VAILLANCOURT | DEC 29, 2017

The Oregon Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld a $135,000 fine given to bakery owners who declined to make a cake for a lesbian couple, according to KATU.

In February 2013, Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes bakery, refused to make a cake for Rachel Bowman-Cryer and her wife, Laurel.

A 2015 ruling by the state's Bureau of Labor and Industries found the Kleins liable for $135,000 for “emotional damages suffered” as a result of the denial of service.

KATU News

@KATUNews
JUST IN: Court upholds $135,000 fine for bakery owners who refused to make cake for gay couple: http://katu.com/news/local/court-upholds-135000-fine-for-bakery-owners-who-refused-to-make-cake-for-gay-couple … #LiveOnK2

7:32 AM - Dec 28, 2017

Court upholds $135,000 fine for bakery owners who refused to make cake for gay couple
The Court of Appeals announced its decision Thursday to uphold a $135,000 fine issued to bakery owners who refused to make a cake for a lesbian couple.Melissa and Aaron Klein had refused to bake a...

katu.com
 33 33 Replies   24 24 Retweets   77 77 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

“This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage,” the bureau's order states. “It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.”

The Oregon Equality Act of 2007 prohibits discrimination due to sexual orientation by businesses.

“This is a shocking result which shows the state's relentless campaign to punish Oregonians who live and work according to their faith,” Anna Harmon, a lawyer for the Kleins, said following the bureau's ruling, according to KATU.

The Kleins appealed the ruling, but Thursday's decision was not in their favor.

“We believe that freedom of expression for ourselves means freedom of expression for others,” said Mike Berry, an attorney for the First Liberty Institute, which argued on behalf of the Kleins in March.

“And what's unfortunate here is that a family and their business has been punished because of their religious beliefs. And that's not America. That's just flat out wrong.”

The Kleins had to close their shop shortly after the 2013 incident, and Melissa Klein also ended her online business.

“We lost everything we loved and worked so hard to build,” she said. “I loved my shop. It meant everything to me and losing it has been so hard for me and my family.”

The Kleins have not yet decided whether they want to appeal to the Oregon Supreme Court.

https://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/12/1041525-court-rules-bakery-owners-refused-make-cake-gay-couple-must-pay-135000-emotional-damages/