Author Topic: Barbara Walters: “We” Really Thought Obama was "the next Messiah," or Something  (Read 3257 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Geeze. 

Barbara Walters: “We” Really Thought Obama was "the next Messiah," or Something
Daniel Doherty | Dec 18, 2013

She prefaced that statement with “I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but…”

She said it anyway (via The Right Scoop):

“Well, you’ve touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be – I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but – the next messiah. And the whole ObamaCare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act, it just hasn’t worked for him, and he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.”

Maybe the collective Left can be forgiven for placing all their trust in Candidate Obama. Indeed, when he was running for president in ’07 and ’08, he did make all sorts of campaign promises that the vast majority of progressives believed. They trusted him. When he later didn’t deliver on many of them, however, including the ‘if you like your health care plan, you can it’ pledge -- although, in fairness, that came later -- the Party of Change became the Party of Disillusionment. Don’t believe me? Just ask Millennials.

To be fair to Walters, I don’t think most True Leftists felt -- or feel -- Barack Obama was actually the Messiah, as evidenced by their hostility towards Christianity in general and their antics at the 2012 DNC in particular. But they all sincerely believed one man could indeed change the culture of venality in Washington, and bring “real” change to the country. He can check the box on a number of progressive causes, to be sure, but his presidency has been embroiled in controversy and scandal and, at times, marred by disappointment. Candidate Obama is not President Obama. And the Left is now finally starting to notice.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2013/12/18/barbara-walters-i-really-thought-obama-was-the-messiah-or-something-n1765155

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Its so bad...I saw this earlier. The fawning is soooo bad. These people must really have hated blacks to have this much guilt.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Geeze. 

“Well, you’ve touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be – I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but – the next messiah. And the whole ObamaCare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act, it just hasn’t worked for him, and he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.”

Maybe the collective Left can be forgiven for placing all their trust in Candidate Obama. Indeed, when he was running for president in ’07 and ’08, he did make all sorts of campaign promises that the vast majority of progressives believed. They trusted him. When he later didn’t deliver on many of them, however, including the ‘if you like your health care plan, you can it’ pledge -- although, in fairness, that came later -- the Party of Change became the Party of Disillusionment. Don’t believe me? Just ask Millennials.

To be fair to Walters, I don’t think most True Leftists felt -- or feel -- Barack Obama was actually the Messiah, as evidenced by their hostility towards Christianity in general and their antics at the 2012 DNC in particular. But they all sincerely believed one man could indeed change the culture of venality in Washington, and bring “real” change to the country. He can check the box on a number of progressive causes, to be sure, but his presidency has been embroiled in controversy and scandal and, at times, marred by disappointment. Candidate Obama is not President Obama. And the Left is now finally starting to notice.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2013/12/18/barbara-walters-i-really-thought-obama-was-the-messiah-or-something-n1765155

LOL - the paranoid religious folks are at it again with their persecution complex.

News Flash - I haven't met anyone who was "hostile" toward "christianity in general" but rather hostile toward self righteous ass holes who want to impose their personal form of christianity on the rest of us. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
These people must really have hated blacks to have this much guilt.

LOL!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Its so bad...I saw this earlier. The fawning is soooo bad. These people must really have hated blacks to have this much guilt.

you mean by voting for Obama

maybe you have forgotten that the other options were even worse

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Hil was a bad choice for Dems?
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Cult of the kenyan druggie twink failure.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
Geeze. 

rand paul and a tea party senate and congress would clean the rats nest out right quick

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Luckily, Repubs will nominate Chris Christie, whose ideas are completely conservative, nothing like those of Obama.

In fact, there are literally several things I can think of. 

Seriously repubs, nominate a conservative or forever enjoy liberal rule.  RINOS don't win anymore. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
but in all fairness, many of us would have voted for a fucking dung beetle and thought it the messiah after 8 years of Bush and the party backing him.  Republicans and Bush helped Obama get elected, "bigtime" lol.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I knew obama was nothin but a slug and worthless communist ghetto punk from day 1

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
At least she's honest in that she has/had a cult-like devotion to Obama. If only guys StrawAnus and 240 were man enough to admit the same.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
but in all fairness, many of us would have voted for a fucking dung beetle and thought it the messiah after 8 years of Bush and the party backing him.  Republicans and Bush helped Obama get elected, "bigtime" lol.

You must mean the "many of us" who were blind to see through that clown.

I don't care how bad in your opinion those 8 years were, anyone in their right mind should have put their feelings aside and used common sense to determine who really was this hussein obama.

It was an emotional vote, rather than a logical one.

The "bigtime" lol is on all those who voted for him. Unfortunately, that choice has caused the joke to be on all of us, including those who were skeptical, because at this point these last 5 years have been WAY WORSE than anytime during the Bush years.

HandsomeMOFO

WHAT A STUPID OLD WHORE

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WHAT A STUPID OLD WHORE

Like Krauthammer stated, "it took her five years to realize obama was not the messiah."

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

But, but, but Straw Man denies this:

Most of his voters used to believe that he is god.

no they didn't

this is what a certain segment of insane Repubs believe to be true about Dems

just another one of those stupid things that some Repubs tell each other

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
no they didn't

this is what a certain segment of insane Repubs believe to be true about Dems

just another one of those stupid things that some Repubs tell each other

LOL!

We are used to him being wrong 100% of the time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I think we've all known, since the 1970s or so, that barbara walters sucked.   It became clear to me in the 1980s when I started learning to watch tv.  By the 1990s, I watched 20/20 a few times and found her entirely annoying.  The 200s brought "the view", I think, which was really good at making me change channel, I dont think I've ever watched, not even once.  Just the shrill voice of all of them at a table, ugh, obnoxious for sure.

In 2013, Walters can't admit anything that would make me say "you know, I've lost all respect for that person".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
or Something
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
Just remember - you were equally caught up in the Cult of Obama remember?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: or Something
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »
Just remember - you were equally caught up in the Cult of Obama remember?

240 has selective memory.

He forgot he wanted to be part of history in selecting the first black president.

In 2016 he will want to be part of history in voting for a woman to be president of the USA.

So he will be 2 for 2 in selecting the worst presidents in the history of the USA.

That is the history that libtards are making.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: or Something
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 07:00:55 AM »
240 has selective memory.

He forgot he wanted to be part of history in selecting the first black president.

In 2016 he will want to be part of history in voting for a woman to be president of the USA.

So he will be 2 for 2 in selecting the worst presidents in the history of the USA.

That is the history that libtards are making.

Remember the creepy Obama kids in the schools etc?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why are libtards so slow to realize how inept barack is?

I mean, if libtards are as intelligent as 24kt claims, how come it took SOME of them (a lot of them are still supporting the clowninchief)  5 years to see what conservatives already knew in 2008?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Why are libtards so slow to realize how inept barack is?

I mean, if libtards are as intelligent as 24kt claims, how come it took SOME of them (a lot of them are still supporting the clowninchief)  5 years to see what conservatives already knew in 2008?

What?  Dario, why would you use the word "intelligent" and her name in the same sentence?  Everyone knows that 24KT/JaguarEnterprises is mentally retarded.  Shame on you!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
LOL - the paranoid religious folks are at it again with their persecution complex.

News Flash - I haven't met anyone who was "hostile" toward "christianity in general" but rather hostile toward self righteous ass holes who want to impose their personal form of christianity on the rest of us. 

BINGO!!!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
but in all fairness, many of us would have voted for a fucking dung beetle and thought it the messiah after 8 years of Bush and the party backing him.  Republicans and Bush helped Obama get elected, "bigtime" lol.

QFT!
w