Author Topic: Just Blocked A&E on my dish network.....  (Read 5707 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Just Blocked A&E on my dish network.....
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 09:23:17 PM »
What god did Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein believe in?   ???

Furthermore, religion has not done anything in terms of technological advancement.  NOTHING. It has only hindered progress.

Don`t be a moron.

I said something greater than themselves.

It did pave the way for eyeglasses to be allowed that was a step in the right direction.

Dude, Thomas Edison seemed like the biggest dick of his time. How was he so smart but always so damn negative.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2013, 09:23:54 PM »
:D

:) I love all your great atheist meme pics.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2013, 09:32:28 PM »
Lol are you kidding? That statement mentions his "personal beliefs"....that doesn't mean they dropped him for religious reasons.  And even if they did, you couldn't draw that conclusion from the statement.

A&E was fully within their rights to drop this guy, just deal with it.  There won't be a lawsuit filed, and if there was the judge would throw it out

You won't be able to find out what "rights" a person has to fire another until you read a few Federal Codes of Regulations on Discrimination and Labor.

You don't have a "right" to fire someone you do have a guideline and a lawful manner to rightfully fire someone.

I'm all for firing people and at will employement states but one needs to act within the guidelines of the law and not raise suspicious for the reason(s) in which they were fired.

Suspicious and doubt are the forerunners to truth, and that is all you need for this suit and any suit because you won't find truth in the court room. lol

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »

You won't be able to find out what "rights" a person has to fire another until you read a few Federal Codes of Regulations on Discrimination and Labor.

You don't have a "right" to fire someone you do have a guideline and a lawful manner to rightfully fire someone.

I'm all for firing people and at will employement states but one needs to act within the guidelines of the law and not raise suspicious for the reason(s) in which they were fired.

Suspicious and doubt are the forerunners to truth, and that is all you need for this suit and any suit because you won't find truth in the court room. lol

You're quibbling over semantics... at will employment -- the employer has the power or "right" to terminate an employee at any time, for any reason, barring discrimination based on racial, ethnic, national and/or religious beliefs.

You mention suspicion about the reason for firing Robertson being the basis for a lawsuit.  What suspicion?  The guy made anti-homosexual comments in multiple public interviews!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Walter speaking the truth.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2013, 06:10:12 AM »
You're quibbling over semantics... at will employment -- the employer has the power or "right" to terminate an employee at any time, for any reason, barring discrimination based on racial, ethnic, national and/or religious beliefs.

You mention suspicion about the reason for firing Robertson being the basis for a lawsuit.  What suspicion?  The guy made anti-homosexual comments in multiple public interviews!

Dude, wth? Are you really this stubborn? Semantics is the law. The syntax of each word carries weight.

(Also, when you talk about rights it's constitutional specific, and their is no fundamental "right" to terminate an employee)

You're thinking about it from a perspective of constitutional issues and proof issues I think.

I'll try and break it down real quickly before I finish my coffee....

(1) In law there are burden hurdles to overcome for a plaintiff to first, bring suit and second keep the suit alive against against presumptions. Don't throw around "judge will throw the case out" movie lines, that is not how it works but close.

(2) obertson's can put together a relatively easy claim of action for religious discrimination in the workplace with what just happend and further use the past evidence (Roger Bacon posted) to corroborate their claim (this will be used as circumstantial evidence and evidence to prove intent, motive, a common scheme and plan)

(3) If you still believe in your own law, please read up on United States employement law for those that wish to have employees work for them in a private business setting, "Employer is liable to employee for disparate treatment motivated by religion-based animus, disparate impact of employment practices, and failure to offer reasonable accommodation of employee's religious practice."

(4) (Let's go back to where I said suspicion and you mocked that) Understand it's not what you know, but what you can prove when dealing with law issues (back to the top on evidentiary burden hurdles)

Example:
You get fired because you're a virgin and talk about it at work. You work at a sex shop, lol. Employeer doesn't like that you wear a band that symbolizes your virginity and that you attend church on a weekly basis and commented to a sex magazine on how the bible says it's best to abstain from sex. You're fired.

You then hire a lawyer. The lawyer will put together and present a prima facie case where he sues your employeer sex shop, at that point the burden shifts to the defendant (sex shop) to articulate a legitimate and nondiscriminatory reason for the adverse employment action (he claims cause you would jerk it in the bathroom on your break) so if he meets this burden the then burden shifts back to you and you must show that the defendant's proffered reason is a pretext for discrimination.

So don't think that you need concrete proof to file a claim there is rarely concrete proof or a smoking gun. My point is if something happens to you or you feel wronged their is a remedy for you in some niche area of the vast law arena.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2013, 08:54:44 AM »
???

They worked for A&E.  A&E can fire them for their opinions if they want.

Wouldn`t it be better to take restrictions off of business and let them fire them if they want?
very true but so much for '' reality tv '' its only what the networks think should be reality.
fact of the matter is you say and do what they want.
p

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »
Change.org petition calling for A&E to bring Robertson back reached 100,000 signatures in less than 24 hours.
http://www.change.org/petitions/a-e-networks-end-the-wrongful-suspension-of-phil-robertson#news

Change.org petition calling for The Boy Scouts of America to include gay parents reached 50,000 signatures in 7 months.
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-boy-scouts-of-america-will-allow-gay-scouts-now-it-s-time-to-include-gay-parents#news

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
I said something greater than themselves.

It did pave the way for eyeglasses to be allowed that was a step in the right direction.

Dude, Thomas Edison seemed like the biggest dick of his time. How was he so smart but always so damn negative.

Everything I read about Edison makes it seem you are right about him being a dick. But Nikola Tesla was from another planet on the dick level. Tesla, who was most likely a non practicing homosexual hated everybody. Except his pigeon(bird)...Its amazing the pass genius's get for being eccentric...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2013, 09:22:40 AM »
Everything I read about Edison makes it seem you are right about him being a dick. But Nikola Tesla was from another planet on the dick level. Tesla, who was most likely a non practicing homosexual hated everybody. Except his pigeon(bird)...Its amazing the pass genius's get for being eccentric...

However even with what I just wrote, I do take any and all bad press about Tesla with a grain of salt. He wasn't part of Hierarchy blood and it could be that with their re-writing history agenda that they are bad mouthing Tesla...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »
That'll learn 'em.
Outed for improper grammar.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »

I guess it's understandable that these guys may have been pessimistic or negative because they had to continuously  explain their ideas to people. It would kind of be like a nagging wife always asking questions.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2013, 10:29:57 AM »
I don't see the controversy. I mean you can't be saying the same shit about other minority groups, why should gays be any different? Would your reaction be the same if he quoted the bible to promote slavery?

Hey, if 1 hour in church gets me a slave all week then I'm there.  Now where do you want all this sugar, tobacco, and booze?

MikMaq

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
Oh really? What rights are those?
He signed a contract to work with A and E, that without a doubt clearly states that he is a representative of the company and since his public image itself is being marketed anything he says publicly can be viewed as terms for dismissal . 
Conservatives think people should be held responsible for their actions—until one of their own, like Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson, has to pay a price for their bigoted views.
Ding ding, theyre the first to say that an employer has right to control how their represented by their company, a cyclical hypocritical group.

P.S. go fuck yourself and your atheistic nonsense.