Author Topic: AK47 inventor - Mikhail Kalashnikov dies  (Read 17799 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: AK47
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »
I've had a 6940, 6920, PSA build, Spikes build, Bushmaster 14.5.  I currently have two Core15's and I'm building two PSA's.  I've had issues (big or small) with all except the Core15's, and the Spikes build.  I've had a handful of AK's, and currently have a Mak90 and a PAP-N.  Again, I've never had a single issue with any of my AK's in over 10000+ rounds, other than the fact that I can't hit shit with them past 100 yards. 
I think youre a fluke.... and plinking is nothing like wartime, or even training for wartime. No offense bro. I haven't been deployed but the differences just in training are huge... and the feedback ive heard from my buds thT deployed paint a completely different picture than what youve generally heard. ARs arent the unreliable piece of plastic crap they used to

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
I think youre a fluke.... and plinking is nothing like wartime, or even training for wartime. No offense bro. I haven't been deployed but the differences just in training are huge... and the feedback ive heard from my buds thT deployed paint a completely different picture than what youve generally heard. ARs arent the unreliable piece of plastic crap they used to

Right.  This myth that the AR platform is unreliable and fragile is totally false.  It stems back to the Vietnam War when the M16 was first fielded.  The troops had M14's already and that is a phenomenal weapon.  They replaced that with the M16 and were falsely told that it did not require any cleaning!  needless to say, failures occurred.  It was always supposed to have a cleaning kit and when the troops started properly cleaning them, they worked great.  Since then, the AR's have been even further improved to where now they are infinitely superior to the AK. 

Still for me, FN and HK weapons are my choice if I had to ever use one in combat.  SCAR H or HK416.  Cant be beat.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2013, 06:11:38 PM »
They were never unreliable...the military just used the wrong propellant when they loaded the shells..once they stopped using the wrong powder the problem was solved...they use to have a barrel twist that was completely wrong for anything but light as hell 32-35grain prairie dog rounds..the materials used today are different too

Bench

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »

I never said they were plinking was like wartime, and never said AR's were unreliable plastic crap.  I'm merely stating my personal experiences with both weapon platforms.  I'm very familiar with both weapons, and know the pros and cons of both.  

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Right.  This myth that the AR platform is unreliable and fragile is totally false.  It stems back to the Vietnam War when the M16 was first fielded.  The troops had M14's already and that is a phenomenal weapon.  They replaced that with the M16 and were falsely told that it did not require any cleaning!  needless to say, failures occurred.  It was always supposed to have a cleaning kit and when the troops started properly cleaning them, they worked great.  Since then, the AR's have been even further improved to where now they are infinitely superior to the AK.  

Still for me, FN and HK weapons are my choice if I had to ever use one in combat.  SCAR H or HK416.  Cant be beat.
As a kid I used to run around my parents property with an m14/m1a....that rifle is simply too heavy and bulky...I still have that rifle..had a 18" krieger barrel put on it about a year ago..everything else is the way my dad gave it to me...3-9x44 scope was upgraded to a 4-14x44 mil-dot in my teens cause my dad crushed the original one with his 4 wheeler

And the H&K 416 can be improved upon and has...pws uses a long stroke piston instead of the 416 short stroke..it's a better rifle to me.....but at the end of the day I still don't prefer a piston gun

Bench

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
I never said they were plinking was like wartime, and never said AR's were unreliable plastic crap.  I'm merely stating my personal experiences with both weapon platforms.  I'm very familiar with both weapons, and know the pros and cons of both.  
I just assumed that was the connection you were making when you said the best rifle for wartime even though you stated you had never had any wartime experience or training.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
I just assumed that was the connection you were making when you said the best rifle for wartime even though you stated you had never had any wartime experience or training.

Never assume.   :D

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »
The first model M16 was rushed out to the soldiers and was not 100% , also none of our boys had any training with it on how to quickly fix the fails , like double feeding or jamming . Remember these are repetitive muscle memory so many life's were lost fumbling around with an unfamiliar weapon platform . I say the AK is a fucking brute and as reliable as a good ole shotgun but as a weapons system or a platform no and if it was then every nation with a formidable military would use them. FAL I don't have experience with but a STYER AUG or STG whatever they are called I would rank slightly above the M4 platform

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »
This is my assault rifle. It never jams and it's more powerful than an AK47 or an AR-15.  Besides it just looks so cool.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »
This is my assault rifle. It never jams and it's more powerful than an AK47 or an AR-15.  Besides it just looks so cool.
hey I have one of those. .. model 90 .30/30s... fun rifle.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2013, 10:03:27 PM »
hey I have one of those. .. model 90 .30/30s... fun rifle.

Model 90?   ???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
Model 90?   ???
Typing too faat on my phone. Derp.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »

Don't fuk wit Chuck! ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »
Oh, they can jam! I had one jam on me a few years back...I held the gun while my buddy double handed the lever...never found out what the hell it jammed up on...that rifle never did that again..his was a 45-70

Bench

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2013, 06:19:22 AM »
Lots of state of the art high tech weapons out there...but for the avg Joe looking for an all purpose rifle in a SHTF world...AK wins.

You can spray bulletatos going auto on the klashnikov. It will be like earth getting hit by lotof comets.
anything that comes in the way destroyed, including your kevlar.
The maximum firepower gun for its size and the least maintenance.
$

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
^^
I've been deployed 2 times- I'll give you some feedback... AK's strong point is at CLOSE range, less than 100 meters, more than that the rounds are EVERYWHERE, whizzing and popping overhead!!! 
M-16's distinguish themselves by ACCURACY, enemy regularly being dropped at 300 meters (try that with any AK). ;)
We used to have the FN, and I'll give you my opinion- accurate, hard hitting, but AMMO is very, very heavy to hump 10km marches!!! >:(

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
^^
I've been deployed 2 times- I'll give you some feedback... AK's strong point is at CLOSE range, less than 100 meters, more than that the rounds are EVERYWHERE, whizzing and popping overhead!!! 
M-16's distinguish themselves by ACCURACY, enemy regularly being dropped at 300 meters (try that with any AK). ;)
We used to have the FN, and I'll give you my opinion- accurate, hard hitting, but AMMO is very, very heavy to hump 10km marches!!! >:(

Do not underestimate the value of infantry training accuracy. The average Joe that carries an AK has far less training.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
^^
FN FAL or SCAR?

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
FN FAL or SCAR?
^^
The Canadian Forces operated a number of versions, the most common being the C1A1, similar to the British L1A1 (which became more or less a Commonwealth standard). It was manufactured under license by the Canadian Arsenals Limited company. Although the FAL was created in Belgium, Canada was the first to adopt it. The Canadian Forces began using the C1, a modified version of the FAL, in 1955. It served as Canada's standard battle rifle until 1984, when it began to be phased out in favor of the lighter Diemaco C7, a licence-built version of the US M16. The Canadians also operated an automatic variant, the C2A1, as a section support weapon, which was very similar to the Australian L2A1. The C1A1 was also adopted by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in 1961.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: December 25, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
^^

Give an average guy an AK47 and he will have trouble hitting a man sized target at 200 yards. That's why all these third world countries just put it on automatic and spray.   An M16 will be mainly hits at 200 yards with a average trained shooter.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #121 on: December 25, 2013, 09:55:45 AM »

No wonder friendly fire number is so high. ;D

Gracie Rules

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #122 on: December 25, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
Give an average guy an AK47 and he will have trouble hitting a man sized target at 200 yards. That's why all these third world countries just put it on automatic and spray.   An M16 will be mainly hits at 200 yards with a average trained shooter.
even the iron sites on an m16 are very intuitive and easy to use with a modicum of training.
we had to hit targets accurately at 500 yards just to qualify in boot camp.  Of course range shooting with an iron sited m16 is a lot different than combat situations with optics....

our PMI was a grunt DMR who was deployed to fallujah... and to show off the fucker was hitting perfect dead center at 500 yards STANDING with one of the recruits iron sited m16a2's. It was insane.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: December 25, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
even the iron sites on an m16 are very intuitive and easy to use with a modicum of training.
we had to hit targets accurately at 500 yards just to qualify in boot camp.  Of course range shooting with an iron sited m16 is a lot different than combat situations with optics....

our PMI was a grunt DMR who was deployed to fallujah... and to show off the fucker was hitting perfect dead center at 500 yards STANDING with one of the recruits iron sited m16a2's. It was insane.
^^
That's INSANE, my friend... best I've done STANDING dead-center is 200 meters!

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2013, 10:24:10 AM »

That's pretty damn impressive.  I had trouble hitting BARRELS at 500 yds standing with a red dot.  :-[