Author Topic: walking with weighed vest  (Read 1891 times)

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
walking with weighed vest
« on: January 08, 2006, 05:14:25 PM »
ive been doing alot of walking ,well as much as i can do without my joints aching,

im roughly 330lbs and 6,0 need to be like 220
i i cant run do to being so heavy, i was thinkin of getting a vest with weights
would this be good to try to lose weight?

im also doing weights and boxing

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: walking with weighed vest
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »
I don't know, and I don't know if that's necessary. I think there's probably a limit to how much weight one should lose per week in order for it to be healthy, if you're working on establishing new eating habits as well as walking every day, or every other day "powerwalks" then that probably will be enough, but it will take some time, just as it took plenty of time for you to get where you are now. I think patience is the key.
Maybe you can do swimming if you need variation.
Z

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »
You need joint supported medium intensity cardio, like walking stairmaster on a steep incline or jogging pace eliptical machine work.  You could also get a mountain bike and spend 3-4 hours a week on it.

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 07:10:38 PM »
thx

i have a good eating plan ,but just thought since i cant run and enjoy walking that with the vest it would build strenth and increase fatloss

i mean i mprob dont lose much walking for a hour bvut with a vest it will be like workout

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 02:15:43 AM »
Yeah I hear you, well the added weight from the vest would make it a little more difficult, but then at 330, I think you've got enough to carry as it is... don't underestimate the walking though, it's the prefered exercise for weightloss for most bodybuilders for example. Make it a regular thing, every day or other day for 1 hour or more, fast pace.
But the most important thing is diet.
Z

tarzapedamonkey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »
yea i know diet is the main thing

i think your right 330 is heavy enough, im walking for a hour eveyday then go boxingh at night