Author Topic: Duck Dynasty Saga Ends. Phil Robertson Back On A&E  (Read 6866 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Duck Dynasty Saga Ends. Phil Robertson Back On A&E
« on: December 27, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
 ;D
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Duck Dynasty Saga Ends. Phil Robertson Back On A&E
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »
Good for him.  Manufactured controversy. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
Polarization always works to attract both sides to an issue (and in this case bring higher ratings/profits).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »
now we can get more pearls of wisdom like these:

Robertson thinks black Americans were treated just fine in the Jim Crow-era South, and that they were happy there.
"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Robertson thinks the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor because they didn't believe in Jesus.
 "All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups."

Robertson hates gay people.
 Robertson in 2010: "Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/when-you-defend-phil-robertson-heres-what-youre-really-defending-2013-12#ixzz2oj6FVlTg

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
No way A&E was about to lose that cash-cow.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »

yep

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »

Robertson thinks black Americans were treated just fine in the Jim Crow-era South, and that they were happy there.
"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Robertson thinks the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor because they didn't believe in Jesus.
 "All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups."

Robertson in 2010: "Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversions. They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/when-you-defend-phil-robertson-heres-what-youre-really-defending-2013-12#ixzz2oj6FVlTg

Thanks for that Mr. Protector of Civil rights as the entire country especially blacks and the middleclass gets rammed up the a**...hahaha. Do you even think before you speak? Sharpton, jackson, Farrakan.......the entire line up at MSNBC....lol.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »
Thanks for that Mr. Protector of Civil rights as the entire country especially blacks and the middleclass gets rammed up the a**...hahaha. Do you even think before you speak? Sharpton, jackson, Farrakan.......the entire line up at MSNBC....lol.

my post contains words right from the dipshits mouth

anyone is free to choose what they think about them

Clearly you must agree witht the brilliant conclusion that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor because "uh, Shintos" and "no jesus"

and we already know you agree that gays are "full of murder"

everyone knows that so what's the big deal

that's just good old backwoods Louisiana common sense right there

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »
Polarization always works to attract both sides to an issue (and in this case bring higher ratings/profits).

...and makes improper conduct by politicians less likely to be stopped.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »

You would think they would have known what a big mistake they were making, so why in the world did they do it?

The pressure to be politically correct must be pretty intense if they were willing to fire him.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »

You would think they would have known what a big mistake they were making, so why in the world did they do it?

The pressure to be politically correct must be pretty intense if they were willing to fire him.

No way they were firing him. They were feeding two birds with one worm.
They were getting boffo ratings for their shows, putting the network in front of those who may not have heard of it before, covering their asses politically... all the while knowing they already had most of the season already in the can. They played it superbly!

And during the manufactured controversy, the NSA spy scandal which was threatening to spill over, Clapper was on the ropes... but now that a Federal Judge has put  the Constitution through a meat grinder and declared the bulk gathering of information 'legal', the Duck Dynasty controversy goes away as quickly as it started.

The next tit for tat distraction could be Putin inviting Robertson to the Winter Games. American public punked again.
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »
No way they were firing him. They were feeding two birds with one worm.
They were getting boffo ratings for their shows, putting the network in front of those who may not have heard of it before, covering their asses politically...

I suspected this to be a contrived PR stunt early on. And, whether it is ever confirmed or not, I will always suspect the possibility.

Regardless of if A&E is working an angle, or if it is legit, they have certainly considered the potential backlash of losing the show versus continuing it. Their conclusion is obvious.

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »
Thank God!!!...Real TV...Since Sarah Palin's show was cancelled,..............I was lost!!!!    ;D

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »
fags sent running for the hills y strong normal public

now to boot dems

cancel obumacare

and lower gov spending

usa can rise again!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »

I suspected this to be a contrived PR stunt early on. And, whether it is ever confirmed or not, I will always suspect the possibility.

Regardless of if A&E is working an angle, or if it is legit, they have certainly considered the potential backlash of losing the show versus continuing it. Their conclusion is obvious.

I don't think this was contrived or a PR stunt at all

I believe that the execs at A&E would have much preferred to have had that interview sanitized

they had to take some action because his comments were both ignorant and offensive but I'm not surprised that they didn't shit can the show.  It's obviously a big money maker for them and they couldn't go on without him

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 07:07:23 PM »
fags sent running for the hills y strong normal public

now to boot dems

cancel obumacare

and lower gov spending

usa can rise again!!!

How about the Senators & Congressman....They have goldcards as far as healthcare, and their families too.....   Notice how they don't discuss their raises like they used to do.   We could lower government spending, by cutting their salaries.....  Just to put things in perspective....both parties suck!!!! :'(

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »

You seem like a real loser.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
You seem like a real loser.

are you aware that that virtually the entire post are the words of Phil Robertson and not me?

do you have some problem with what he said ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 09:55:18 PM »
my post contains words right from the dipshits mouth

anyone is free to choose what they think about them

Clearly you must agree witht the brilliant conclusion that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor because "uh, Shintos" and "no jesus"

and we already know you agree that gays are "full of murder"

everyone knows that so what's the big deal

that's just good old backwoods Louisiana common sense right there

actually all the bolded sections are straight from the mouth of a libtard moron just like yourself who FEEEELLLLLSSS thats what robertson is saying....

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
actually all the bolded sections are straight from the mouth of a libtard moron just like yourself who FEEEELLLLLSSS thats what robertson is saying....

They’re full of murder, envy, strife, hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are faithless, they are senseless, they are ruthless. They invent ways of doing evil."

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
are you aware that that virtually the entire post are the words of Phil Robertson and not me?

do you have some problem with what he said ?

Yes I know it was his words.  It is you attempt to make him out to be bad which is pathetic.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 10:27:57 PM »
Yes I know it was his words.  It is you attempt to make him out to be bad which is pathetic.

you believe that his own words make him look bad?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »
you believe that his own words make him look bad?

Unlike hateful liberals, some of us have as much tolerance for an individuals long held religious beliefs as we do for their sexual orientation.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 11:04:43 PM »

100% Agreed.

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
Unlike hateful liberals, some of us have as much tolerance for an individuals long held religious beliefs as we do for their sexual orientation.

Exactly, but many GAYS can't seem to see beyond their lovers cock..  anything else is irrelevant.