Author Topic: to the alcohol adicts: why dont you try disulfirame?  (Read 10908 times)

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: to the alcohol adicts: why dont you try disulfirame?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
Good to see you pulled out of the darkness, Wes.
Not many do. Society works against staying alcohol
free.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 10:21:33 AM »
Thanks bud,these days,I very seldom even think about taking a drink. 

All the best.  ;)

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 10:23:50 AM »
100 percent. Its very well regulated... they feed you an exact amount of booze and then an exact amount of anabuse designed to make you horribly sick without getting into trouble.

Sounds like A Clockwork Orange.

Takes away free will. 

I think you need true will to beat addiction, if not, nature wins.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »
Thanks Gal,very good posts as usual,and yes,I feel awesome,like I got a new lease on life,which in essence,I actually did.

What you said about the addict or drunk completely giving up on himself is very true....been there,done that,but deep inside,I always knew I was a terrible drunk and drug user.........really out of control most of the time,and that I had more potential to do so much better in life.

Sounds corny I know,but training,which has always been a part of my life,truly helped me to stay on the straight and narrow as it was a healthy goal orientated endeavor which is what I needed most to get out of the rut I was in.

Another thing that helped was realizing that the only difference between the rut I was in and the grave I would potentially be in,was only just a matter of a few feet.  ;)
Good post right there^.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 11:29:21 AM »
 :(

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
Thanks Gal,very good posts as usual,and yes,I feel awesome,like I got a new lease on life,which in essence,I actually did.

What you said about the addict or drunk completely giving up on himself is very true....been there,done that,but deep inside,I always knew I was a terrible drunk and drug user.........really out of control most of the time,and that I had more potential to do so much better in life.

Sounds corny I know,but training,which has always been a part of my life,truly helped me to stay on the straight and narrow as it was a healthy goal orientated endeavor which is what I needed most to get out of the rut I was in.

Another thing that helped was realizing that the only difference between the rut I was in and the grave I would potentially be in,was only just a matter of a few feet.  ;)
yah brother, exactly, the most dangerous thing is alc is affordable, if one has the little bit money for alc and has given up on the inside and no outlook for other hooby as replacement,they really are done,the only thing thatll stop it will be a prison term(dont happen, alcoholics got no balls to do a crime bad enough most of the time)or suden death, cirhossis, something liek that.

theres been many ppl i seen over the decades, where i could predict this wont end well, and in every single case it didnt end well.they all are either liver cirhossis, run donwn helth to shit, or on the best way to do so and still drunk every single day, imagine this, every single day the goal being just drunk to "shut down".this cant be the purpose of life.
no 1 time lets enjoy sunny weather and have a walk, all living every day seeking the next drunk-high.
some ppl feel like shit the day after drinking and then leave it for a while for good.

it runs one down slowly and consstently, self worth goes to shit, dont wash and shave as frequent etcetc.and suddenly youre old and have ruined the body and the life.

in contrast, heroin addicts are in govt programmes and more stable, at least over here.

cocaine addicts often simply stop when they run out of funds.or end up in prison bc they tried to get money for the habbit by crime(they have the "balls"or rather desperation and then do stupid things and boom, prison time,lol).

now i hear meth addicts are worse,but we dont have them ocver here, the white trash drug addicts is very rare here, its the amphetamine heads, every rare, ppl here use coce bc they feel so upper clas,thing to do blabla.

I would like to know why Galeniko hates Alcoholics so much? He clearly thinks they are the scum of the earth. Why do you put alcoholics above all other addicts?

Do you not also partake in alcohol consumption Galeniko?
see above, i also adressed my own consumption,which is extreme rare and bare minimum.
n

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »
wisdom from galeniko

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
fuck if i was an alcoholic id straight up immediately have the implant.

how comes theres no such thing for other drugs?

i know in switzerland and russia they have some operations which make you stop even cocaine and heroin use.

not sure if you can stil release dopamine in other ways, i forgot.

but i know the russian approach for heroin has the side effect if you do heroin again, you just die.

but the addiction is gone.some swiss njunkie went to russia and thad the treatment, he never touched heroin again.

but this alcohol addiction seems fixable, this is a great first step i guess.

it has some bad sides if one drinks noentheless, all the way to heart infacrt(thats good, wipes them off the face of the earth), and no "drunk" efect.

ha if i was the government id make this mandatory ;D

Bro, there are several dopamine agonists that Bodybuilders use.

Anti-Parkinsons medications such as Pramiprexol

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
here are several dopamine agonists that Bodybuilders use.

Anti-Parkinsons medications such as Pramiprexol

^

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »
Pramipexole (Mirapex, Mirapexin, Sifrol, etc)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
Thanks bud,these days,I very seldom even think about taking a drink. 

All the best.  ;)

So Wes.....were you an alcoholic?

Did you actually hit what you considered "rock bottom" before you decided on a change?

This question goes to any alcoholics posting in this thread.

As some of you know I just very recently experienced my first real intimate interaction with an alcoholic and it has been a completely devastating experience. I really want to help him but I don't know how.

I've been completely ignoring him because I just don't know what to do. And I miss him like fucking hell and feel bad but I don't know any other ways to deal with him.  :'(

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 02:51:38 PM »

Did you actually hit what you considered "rock bottom" before you decided on a change?

As some of you know I just very recently experienced my first real intimate interaction with an alcoholic and it has been a completely devastating experience. I really want to help him but I don't know how.

I've been completely ignoring him because I just don't know what to do. And I miss him like fucking hell and feel bad but I don't know any other ways to deal with him.  :'(
Rock bottom is differetn from person to person.

Basically, it's as low as a persons morals and values will let them sink before they say "Alright, ive had enough".

For some, it's sucking dick for a fix. For me, it was hurting my family members with lies and generally shit behavior... (disappearing for weeks, not calling, swearing at my mother and father). Thats where I drew the line. I never stole, I never hurt anyone... I pawned the shit outta my own stuff and wracked up debt, but that was it.

I basically would go until I couldn't go anymore financially, then I'd dig myself out of the hole, and start all over again... eventually, my parents started getting sick from worry... and when my father passed out at work from stress... That was it for me.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
As cruel as this sounds I WANT my alcoholic to hit rock bottom.

I WANT  him to lose his job, the support of his family, everything he cares about.

I believe it's the only way he'll get better.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 02:56:32 PM »

I've been completely ignoring him because I just don't know what to do. And I miss him like fucking hell and feel bad but I don't know any other ways to deal with him.  :'(
Oh yeah...serious drunk,but have been recovered for many years now.

I hit rock bottom many times,as I had periods of sobriety in between each period.

When I picked up again after a time,I would hit bottom and it would be worse than the low point I hit the previous time.

One time in a bar,I had one of my many moments of clarity when I heard 3 raggedy ass crack heads who looked like they`d kill you for a nickel talk about what a mess I was.

These are guys that I would have normally considered dogshit on the bottom of my shoe.

I quit a million times for various lengths of time,but I never stopped trying until I finally got it right.

I grew up in the streets so I always had a crazy life and did crazy stuff,but these days thinking back on some of the shit I did while fucked up scares even  me.  ;)

Anyway,like Gal said,it`s good to have another avenue,pastime,or hobby,to fall back on as idle hands.....you know the rest,but bottom line is,you have to really want to quit and you have to be sick and tired,of being sick and tired.

You are doing the right thing by avoiding your friend..........it won`t ever work out as long as he is still drinking.

Good luck with him...........offer him help,but don`t become an enabler.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »

Basically, it's as low as a persons morals and values will let them sink before they say "Alright, ive had enough".

For some, it's sucking dick for a fix. For me, it was hurting my family members with lies and generally shit behavior... (disappearing for weeks, not calling, swearing at my mother and father). Thats where I drew the line. I never stole, I never hurt anyone... I pawned the shit outta my own stuff and wracked up debt, but that was it.

I basically would go until I couldn't go anymore financially, then I'd dig myself out of the hole, and start all over again... eventually, my parents started getting sick from worry... and when my father passed out at work from stress... That was it for me.

Damn bro

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:06 PM »

Good post brother...glad you`re clean and sober.

Addiction makes you do crazy stuff,usually to people you love or care about.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
Wow Wes/Shockwave.

Thanks for sharing such intimate experiences.  :(

Alcoholism is hard for me to understand because my body has never craved alcohol.

I've never been able to drink that much before my body will reject it. After two to three drinks I have a good buzz. 6 to 8 and I'm good and drunk....anymore and I will expel it instead of being able to drink anymore.

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
I would like to know why Galeniko hates Alcoholics so much? He clearly thinks they are the scum of the earth. Why do you put alcoholics above all other addicts?

Do you not also partake in alcohol consumption Galeniko?

Drinking alcohol is an expected social behavior. The common belief is that everyone can get shitfaced on the weekends, and not have negative effects, such as on family or work. But for many, that is not the case.
 I come from a long line of alcoholics on both maternal and paternal sides. It was easy to hate alcoholics while growing up, as the ones I knew all used the same tactic of blaming everyone but themselves for their failings in life.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »
Wow Wes/Shockwave.

Thanks for sharing such intimate experiences.  :(

Alcoholism is hard for me to understand because my body has never craved alcohol.

I've never been able to drink that much before my body will reject it. After two to three drinks I have a good buzz. 6 to 8 and I'm good and drunk....anymore and I will expel it instead of being able to drink anymore.
This is a good thing ^^^.  :)

You`re welcome.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »
Drinking alcohol is an expected social behavior. The common belief is that everyone can get shitfaced on the weekends, and not have negative effects, such as on family or work. But for many, that is not the case.
 I come from a long line of alcoholics on both maternal and paternal sides. It was easy to hate alcoholics while growing up, as the ones I knew all used the same tactic of blaming everyone but themselves for their failings in life.
I was never one to blame others,though there were lots of circumstances that helped me along the road to becoming an alcoholic,but no one made me pick up the bottle.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 03:07:21 PM »
Drugs and alcohol have always been there when I needed them...I refuse to speak ill of any of my old friends.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
This is a good thing ^^^.  :)

You`re welcome.

You're absolutely right. It IS good thing.

Saves my liver, saves my sanity, saves me money. Prevents people from taking any type of advantage of me as well.

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »

Amazing story.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Drugs and alcohol have always been there when I needed them...I refuse to speak ill of any of my old friends.
True the other mofos left went elsewhere.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2013, 03:10:53 PM »

Finally, a man of principle.