Author Topic: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig  (Read 157069 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 2013 Getbig Awards - Best Physique on Getbig
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »
wes great stuff...you must have a closet of trophies conking u in the head..
Just a few of my trophies bro..real old pic,have won lots more since this was taken.

All in my barn except the few that mean the most to me.

The ones in the house are:
My first powerlifting trophy-1974 Boston Open Power Meet- 3rd. place 132 pound class.highest bench in my class..tiny little trophy but it means a lot to me.

1st. place 1995 Southern States lightweight over 35 at 40 years of age.....all my friends told me I`d place last....NOT!!

6 trophies from the NABBA Nationals

2 trophies from the Masters Nationals

First bodybuilding trophy I won-1987 Mr. Springfield.......just came off a 7 year drunken drug filled binge and benched 95 pounds for a shaky 8 reps........people laughed at me,I was a bum in the streets.........6 months later,ripped and benched 300 pounds at 150 bodyweight......double bodyweight bench and all the dudes in my gym wanted to train with me..some lasted some couldn`t hang,I punished the ones that lasted,but they got into the best shape of their lives.

During this time,I overdosed and was pronounced deadonce again,I bssically lived in the streets,and ate at 5 different houses where friends lived..whoever had the best meal after hitting all 5 houses,is where I ate!  ;D

When Jeff King gave me the trophy,he said:
"Thank God for muscle memory huh Wes"......I literally went backstage and cried and literally came back from the dead....felt reborn..I also felt like a soft homo but I couldn`t contain myself after all I`d been through.

5th. place Iron Man in Syracuse N. Y.,..........kept it in the house because I should have won my class.........never do a Jeremy Freeman contest if the other guys in your class train at his gym.

1st. place bench press most reps with bodyweight Over-50 class Rochester N.Y.

Got a few more also,but I`m starting to sound like an Animal Pak ad again so I`ll shutup...too much coffee.AGAIN!  :D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2013, 08:18:03 PM »
quite an achievement wes,,i always got in top shape when i competed i just didn't like the last fw weeks and never enjoyed being on stage evrything else from a vanity standpoint i liked.i could not do what u do yr in and out..

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »
Just a few of my trophies bro..real old pic,have won lots more since this was taken.

My first powerlifting trophy-1974 Boston Open Power Meet- 3rd. place 132 pound class.highest bench in my class..tiny little trophy but it means a lot to me.

1st. place 1995 Southern States lightweight over 35 at 40 years of age.....all my friends told me I`d place last....NOT!!

First bodybuilding trophy I won-1987 Mr. Springfield.......just came off a 7 year drunken drug filled binge and benched 95 pounds for a shaky 8 reps........people laughed at me,I was a bum in the streets.........6 months later,ripped and benched 300 pounds at 150 bodyweight......double bodyweight bench and all the dudes in my gym wanted to train with me..some lasted some couldn`t hang,I punished the ones that lasted,but they got into the best shape of their lives.

During this time,I overdosed and was pronounced deadonce again,I bssically lived in the streets,and ate at 5 different houses where friends lived..whoever had the best meal after hitting all 5 houses,is where I ate!  ;D

"Thank God for muscle memory huh Wes"......I literally went backstage and cried and literally came back from the dead....felt reborn..I also felt like a soft homo but I couldn`t contain myself after all I`d been through.

5th. place Iron Man in Syracuse N. Y.,..........kept it in the house because I should have won my class.........never do a Jeremy Freeman contest if the other guys in your class train at his gym.

Got a few more also,but I`m starting to sound like an Animal Pak ad again so I`ll shutup...too much coffee.AGAIN!  :D

holy shit!!  that"s awesome!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »
NJFlex = the most consistent physique on GetBig.

Looks just as good every single update.
X2 the dude is on the money every single day.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
quite an achievement wes,,i always got in top shape when i competed i just didn't like the last fw weeks and never enjoyed being on stage evrything else from a vanity standpoint i liked.i could not do what u do yr in and out..
I hate the contests too,believe it or not,though I`ve done so fucking many of them.

My passion is training hard and seeing how much I can take and I love to torture my victims training partners.

I`ll tell you though Steve,if I didn`t compete,I`d feel rudderless,I`d still trainb hard but I would ask myself why?

If I just trained to stay in decent shape,I`d lose the passion I think....don`t really know because I`m still stupid enough to go through hell for a piece of plastic!  :D

Beside,if I quit,I wouldn`t be able to wear my little thongs!  LOL  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2013, 08:23:35 PM »
X2 the dude is on the money every single day.

lol,,mr n happy new year ,musccenter leads the way every day..posting pics ...where's dj181 no pic?

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
Wes warming up before pre judging  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2013, 08:26:12 PM »
holy shit!!  that"s awesome!
Thanks Rick,I`ve got 67 trophies in all..always wanted to win 100 and quit,but don`t know if the Grim reaper will allow it.....that fucker`s right behind me man!  :D

I`ve met a lot of great people in this sport and only a few assholes,never met anyone who did gay 4 pay or shit like that that everyone talks about,and nobody ever hit on me except a guiy in the Pittsburgh bus station after the Masters Nats......he recieved a swift headbutt compliments of the dirt scummy streets of good old Springfield Mass.  ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »

lol,,mr n happy new year ,musccenter leads the way every day..posting pics ...where's dj181 no pic?
Musclecenter pisses me off..he looks great and "ALWAYS UPDATE MY PIC".  ;D

dj is strangely absent from this thread.probably reading a Mike Mentzer Arthur Jones article or some shit.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
Wes warming up before pre judging  :D

I`ve never been quite that lean Bob.....YET!  LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »
Hey Haz,how `bout some contest pics or stage shots?

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #386 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
Wheres TA ?
Is he baking pies or what?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: December 31, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »
Wheres TA ?
Is he baking pies or what?
Thomas Jefferson Muffins are on the agenda at the TA plantation..New Years tradition bro,everyone know that for Christs sake..where ya` been ?  :D

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #388 on: December 31, 2013, 08:33:53 PM »
Robert E Lee tarts  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: December 31, 2013, 08:34:32 PM »

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2013, 08:35:14 PM »

Jeez I would have had you over for some great meals at my pad in Belchertown!  You have overcome some huge obstacles!

Awesome!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »
Hey Haz,how `bout some contest pics or stage shots?

most are on my other computer, and my girl is trying to get rid of all the viruses it picked up when I tried to watch the fights.  but here's a few from this comp.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »

dj says he will be ripped by 2016 with update pics.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: December 31, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
Obstacle is my middle name...born under a bad sign.

Food,we don`t need no stinkin` food!  :D

Shit when I was drinking heavily,I ate maybe once every three days.that I could remember that is.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: December 31, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »
most are on my other computer, and my girl is trying to get rid of all the viruses it picked up when I tried to watch the fights.  but here's a few from this comp.
NICE!!

What show was that?

And once again Rick...look`s like you should have won....clearly.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #395 on: December 31, 2013, 08:43:04 PM »
I agree...Haz looks like first

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #396 on: December 31, 2013, 09:39:17 PM »
in jersey middles 55'5/5'7/8and all names in vowels lol...i trained around and with some great local guys ,it was great time.posing in locker room no homo' and guys standing there nodding when u hit a pose and everything popped..days are over..
In S.FL. Competition was always tough! I trained with  Chris Duffy,Mike Quinn, loads of others! I loved it backstage missed the camaraderie back in the day! All my buddies who I trained with were always in the same shows I was in !

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »
In S.FL. Competition was always tough! I trained with  Chris Duffy,Mike Quinn, loads of others! I loved it backstage missed the camaraderie back in the day! All my buddies who I trained with were always in the same shows I was in !
good area there too fla,ken castagnoli,bentacourt,arvilla our boy,,

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2013, 09:42:25 PM »
Where`d you live in S. Fla. Ronnie.I lived in Port St. Lucie for 4 years..........93-97.....great place,and S. Fla. is a hotbed for bodybuilding.the chicks aren`t too shabby either.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »
Where`d you live in S. Fla. Ronnie.I lived in Port St. Lucie for 4 years..........93-97.....great place,and S. Fla. is a hotbed for bodybuilding.the chicks aren`t too shabby either.
house arrest ooopsss sorry wes had too... ;D