Author Topic: For the turbo diesel dykes bodybuilding enthusiasts...  (Read 7238 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: For the turbo diesel dykes bodybuilding enthusiasts...
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:19 PM »
Yea agree. That's why I put a Duramax LLY / Alison 1000 in it last year. The Garrett upgrade was just the cherry on top. I wonder how much hp/torque I'm at now but wouldn't surprised if it's in the 550hp/770tq range.

I test drove a new F350 power stroke the other day. 410hp and 800 pounds of torque stock! Shit was pretty badass. I had a 07 with the 6.0 in it, and had aftermarket turbo, cold air intake, SCT tuner and it was faster stock. I also drove an F150 ecoboost, which was surprisingly fast for a V6, but I think I'm gonna go with the diesel. I'm not a Chevy man, but am going to drive the duramax before I decide. How do you like that engine?

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:18 PM »
I test drove a new F350 power stroke the other day. 410hp and 800 pounds of torque stock! Shit was pretty badass. I had a 07 with the 6.0 in it, and had aftermarket turbo, cold air intake, SCT tuner and it was faster stock. I also drove an F150 ecoboost, which was surprisingly fast for a V6, but I think I'm gonna go with the diesel. I'm not a Chevy man, but am going to drive the duramax before I decide. How do you like that engine?
my 08 dord diesel made 680 and 1280 torque    it was the baddest truck I ever owned
a

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »
my 08 dord diesel made 680 and 1280 torque    it was the baddest truck I ever owned

From what I understand, the 6.4 had problems just like the 6.0. Did yours have issues? I blew the head gaskets at 60k miles. I have a few 7.3L in my fleet, and I'll never get rid of them. One of my 6.0L I just had to put about $2k into for random bullshit. I said I'd never buy another ford diesel again, yet here I go.  ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
WTF YOUR POSTING 2 DIFFERENT COLORED RIDES

Lol no kidding, what's up with that ???

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
Lol no kidding, what's up with that ???

I had 3 at one point; black wagon, red wagon and red softop. Down to one now but looking for a humvee right now. Arnold's 98 is on the market. Might buy it. But gonna have to get rid of his shitty floor mats lol. Good thing is his runs on veggie oil. My friend did the conversion so it works pretty good but it's a humvee so noisy as shit but would be cool to own one of Arnie's. It's at my shop now.

®

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
Test drive it before. You might get a change of heart.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »
Great rig!
We don't have many of those in Europe.
I would love to spend a weekend on one of those but it wouldn't fit most of the rocky trails i usually do.

Hummers are not exactly ideal for off roading, as like you stated they are too wide and get stuck on many trails. Their huge weight is also a problem

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:46 PM »
From what I understand, the 6.4 had problems just like the 6.0. Did yours have issues? I blew the head gaskets at 60k miles. I have a few 7.3L in my fleet, and I'll never get rid of them. One of my 6.0L I just had to put about $2k into for random bullshit. I said I'd never buy another ford diesel again, yet here I go.  ;D
I was just gonna post asking a similar question about longevity
I only had mine for 120km and I only modded it at 80km or so.  I beat the bark off it. Ran it down the quarter mile many times.     Beast got 26or so mph. With a light foot on highway
Prior to modding it I was getting 10mpg on average. 

I never had a single issue with the truck or driverrain
Would def buy another

Although I have heard of issues
a

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
Here's a video of a real H1 race truck, not that RobbyGordonsuposedtobeah ummer phony rig.

This is really cool.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2014, 05:54:47 AM »
How common is dieselengines in the states when it comes to new cars. Almost every volvo and vw passat sold in sweden is turbodiesels,like 9 of 10. Ithe numbers should be big in the other cars to

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 06:22:01 AM »

neither the 6.0 or 6.4 had any major issues that weren't related to maintenance. 6.0 head gaskets blew because of shitty 40 rated cetane fuel. 6.0s don't have waste gates so the EGR valve functions as one. When its gummed up from shitty fuel it wont bleed off boost and allows the excess to go into the cylinders lifting the heads. The biggest issue the 6.4 had was regeneration that owners didn't allow to complete on a regular basis. Want a wicked 6.4 pull the DPF and replace it with a test pipe add a tuner and open the airbox a little. All that being said the 6.7 is a beast! stay away from the 2010s since they had some valve issues and the cranks walked in a few of them. Other than that ive only seen some trans reprograms and some cab and chassis turbo issues which are different from the F series chassis
X

Abacab

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 07:21:48 AM »
My buddy Bill Woo. Truck done at the same shop.

Guessing the H2 is running low-mid 13's for the quarter mile?

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
neither the 6.0 or 6.4 had any major issues that weren't related to maintenance. 6.0 head gaskets blew because of shitty 40 rated cetane fuel. 6.0s don't have waste gates so the EGR valve functions as one. When its gummed up from shitty fuel it wont bleed off boost and allows the excess to go into the cylinders lifting the heads. The biggest issue the 6.4 had was regeneration that owners didn't allow to complete on a regular basis. Want a wicked 6.4 pull the DPF and replace it with a test pipe add a tuner and open the airbox a little. All that being said the 6.7 is a beast! stay away from the 2010s since they had some valve issues and the cranks walked in a few of them. Other than that ive only seen some trans reprograms and some cab and chassis turbo issues which are different from the F series chassis
my 6.4 made so much power when tuned that if I did not lift the throttle  the tires would spin all the way to 100kph easily.    and this was a 10000lb dually quad cab     best truck I ever had.
a

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »
How common is dieselengines in the states when it comes to new cars. Almost every volvo and vw passat sold in sweden is turbodiesels,like 9 of 10. Ithe numbers should be big in the other cars to

Fairly common in full size pickup trucks, new cars rare.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
Fairly common in full size pickup trucks, new cars rare.

Tons of TDI's driving around out there and have been for years.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 06:12:01 PM »