Author Topic: Muhammad Ali dodges 21 punches in 10 seconds  (Read 21746 times)

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Re: Muhammad Ali dodges 21 punches in 10 seconds
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2014, 09:36:19 AM »
He was an arrogant, retarded, loudmouth...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
Because Ali didn't go to Vietnam, somebody else had to go and possibly die.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »
He was an arrogant, retarded, loudmouth...

This.   Pile of turds. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
He learn how to dodge by not going to the military when drafted.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
He learn how to dodge by not going to the military when drafted.

Boom.   ;D

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
Larry Holmes would have still beaten him prime-for-prime.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

At 3:57 . . . the most amazing flurry of punches in the history of the game.

THE BEEF

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2014, 06:31:28 PM »
prime Ali v prime Tyson.....most everyone gives it to Ali easy........I don't think so. 

All the Ali shucken and jiven wouldn't work on Tyson.  He'd smash your gut with 2 shots and then uppercut you into oblivion....can't duck bodyshots.
X2

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »
If Ali could take shots from Earnie Shavers, he could take shots from Tyson. I think what gets lost in Ali discussions is how big he was, his reach, and his speed & agility for a guy 6-3" and about 225-230 lbs.

If Ali survived a prime George Foreman, he would beat Tyson up in the later rounds of a fight between the two of them in their prime.
yeah Tyson could have issues more so with Alis movement more than anything else as in the night he fought Cleveland Williams, however he lies on the ropes as he done with Frazier and Foreman, That sort of Strategy against a 1986-88 Tyson would be a real bad idea the thing that seperates Tyson from guys with huge punching power was the Rapid Combinations he would put together....@ Once, and theres the kicker imo...he never just threw 1 punch @ a time like he did post 1995, if the right hand missed...the elbow was there, the body shots near always followed bye.... uppercuts...and then hooks to the head...both sides... and FAST...etc etc etc

George, Shavers, Williams etc had Huge power...one shot...@ a Time, and only Williams @ his best (long before he faced Ali) had a good defence, Both Foreman and Shavers were easy too hit...as in they would just stand in front...and Bomb away, Ali Moves, shows the Angles, lightning fast hands, ties up Tyson on the inside (fast no mucking around) like on the night he fought Williams...yeah could see him winning taking Tyson into the later rounds and Drowning him both Mentally and physically

Imo... i think Ali wouldn't have beaten a 1980s Tyson... after 1970...the 1960s version of Ali against a Prime Tyson would be the one, his Lateral movement from side too side, combinations @ speed, footwork, hand-speed and the fact he rarely got HIT would be a very very Difficult Night for Tyson, a older 1970s version of Ali while unquestionably Mentally tougher and Mature lacked the speed, Lateral movement, footwork, CONSTANT dancing etc of the 60s...lie on the ropes and try that Rope a dope nonsense with a Young, hungry, Undefeated, 86-88 Tyson...imo he would beat Ali.... and beat him in Devastating style.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »
Ali dodged 21 punches and Mighty Mike Quinn couldn't dodge 1

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »
X2

Yeah, I am not old enough to have witnessed a prime Ali, but I saw Tyson from the beginning. I just have a hard time imagining anyone being able to withstand the fury that fucker unleashed in his prime. If he connects, you're going down, no matter what era we're talking.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »
A few things would have happened in a Tyson - Ali fight:
Ali never would have stood still
Ali would never touch the ropes
Tyson would be eating jabs all night
Ali wins rather easily
Watch Tyson against Mitch Green or Bonecrusher Smith, pretty close to a prime Tyson. How many rounds did an over the hill Holmes go with Tyson?
Then watch Ali against anyone before he was suspended, not when he came back.
I am a Tyson fan but please not against Ali, no way he wins.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »
Ali would have killed Tyson, and I`m a big Tyson fan, but Ali had skills that Tyson never encountered before,and he also had power believe it or not.

Early Mike Tyson fights looked impressive because of the super fast knockouts,but his opponents were tomato cans.

Ali fought all the best boxers of his era,some multiple times and did pretty good I`d say.

Todays heavyweights,and the heavyweights in Mikes era suck by comparison to the heavyweights in Alis era.............they were probably the best collection heavyweights in any one era.

All are now legends,the only guys considered boxing legends Mike fought would be Holyfield IMO,and an old past his prime Larry Holmes.

Tyson fought bums compared to who Ali fought.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
Ali would definitely have gotten in Tysons head, Tyson would have been a tough fight I think, he is a bigger Joe Frazier / Norton hybrid in my opinion. Ali survived Foreman though... Tyson and Foreman were different fighters too- I think big George wrecks Tyson early, bad style match up for Iron Mike... Holmes in his prime puts Mike away too

Ali had it all, confidence,speed,granite chin,heart of a lion, size, great mind- he was truly a once in a life time fighter

great quote

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
Fantasy matchups are retarded , but didn't Frazier beat Ali ?

Tyson was Frazier on steroids ,bigger , stronger ,faster ,more aggressive and better technically . BTW Tyson career ended when he went to jail.

If you can't see the difference :-X

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2014, 10:29:24 PM »
Ali would have killed Tyson, and I`m a big Tyson fan, but Ali had skills that Tyson never encountered before,and he also had power believe it or not.

Early Mike Tyson fights looked impressive because of the super fast knockouts,but his opponents were tomato cans.

Ali fought all the best boxers of his era,some multiple times and did pretty good I`d say.

Todays heavyweights,and the heavyweights in Mikes era suck by comparison to the heavyweights in Alis era.............they were probably the best collection heavyweights in any one era.

All are now legends,the only guys considered boxing legends Mike fought would be Holyfield IMO,and an old past his prime Larry Holmes.

Tyson fought bums compared to who Ali fought.

Well put. I can remember well watching Ali Fight back in the day, and not only admiring the great skill of Ali but that of his opponents. I could not say the same about the guys Tyson fought. Truth be known Tyson was the most predictable fighter to watch and the fights became boring due to the lack of legitimate fighters he fought. The machine that  Don King was for circus boxing played well. Everyone wanted to see Iron Mike Tyson knock another bum out in short order did not matter who but to get the early knock out it better be a guy who can't stand up to him.
h

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2014, 11:48:47 PM »
I doubt it. A few body shots from a prime Tyson would have Ali questioning his will to continue.

This...

People need to revisit Tyson's matches from 1985-1988. He was a machine.

lightweightbaby83,

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »
Not even a comparison, Ali would lose to Tyson because Tyson was the new era; chemically enhanced atlete. Anyone that watches tape of both fighting and doesn't realize that is brain dead...that dude was cheque dropped/halo'd out of his skull

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2014, 12:51:56 AM »
hahaaha tyso woud send ali flying straight out of the ring.

lol.

even frazer almost did, the only thing keeping ali in the ring was the ropes.he wouldve flown to the next street block if it wasnt for them.

no comeon, this is like saying arnold would do weel on the mr o stage today,haha, sure.

a couple body shots from tyson and ali would be vomiting out his guts and internal organs.

haha, ali.

hahhahaha ,henry cooper is hillarious ;D

n

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:55 AM »
Iron Mike Tyson would send Ali flying out of the ring, why is this even a discussion?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2014, 04:48:05 AM »
Good thing we have boxing ''experts" to enlighten us   ::)

lol

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
Fantasy matchups are retarded , but didn't Frazier beat Ali ?

Tyson was Frazier on steroids ,bigger , stronger ,faster ,more aggressive and better technically . BTW Tyson career ended when he went to jail.

If you can't see the difference :-X

I love how everyone chooses to ignore this post. ::)

Everything mentioned above is truth.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2014, 05:09:38 AM »
hahaaha tyso woud send ali flying straight out of the ring.

lol.

even frazer almost did, the only thing keeping ali in the ring was the ropes.he wouldve flown to the next street block if it wasnt for them.

no comeon, this is like saying arnold would do weel on the mr o stage today,haha, sure.

a couple body shots from tyson and ali would be vomiting out his guts and internal organs.

haha, ali.

hahhahaha ,henry cooper is hillarious ;D

Ali beat Cooper twice rather easily,,knocked down yes,,but, won both.
He fought Frazier way after his prime and with little rest after fighting 15 rounds with Bonavena, Ali also beat Frazier two out of three.
Tyson -Frazier would have been a great fight, remember Tyson is a bully and Frazier was a "philly" fighter very tough, not easy for either but I could see Tyson looking for a way out.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2014, 06:25:49 AM »
People forget Cooper just about knocked him out and Ali's corner saved him by prolonging the rest period between rounds. Dundee sabotaged his glove to buy time and gave him smelling salts.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
People forget Cooper just about knocked him out and Ali's corner saved him by prolonging the rest period between rounds. Dundee sabotaged his glove to buy time and gave him smelling salts.

Very true, but, Ali got up from that punch. Dundee did mess with the glove to increase the rest, but Ali would have and could have come out for the next round with the normal rest. All speculation on our part but the reality is look at who Ali beat and look at Tyson's list.
They both lost 3 yrs of their careers, look who Ali beat after his exile and look at who Tyson beat after hos, no comparison.
Then more importantly look who they beat before their exiles and for the titles, Ali/Liston  Tyson/Berbick,  really????