Author Topic: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views  (Read 32318 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
As a politician, Arnold is rather known as a centrist.
Pay attention @1:00 and at the end.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I wind up identifying with libertarian beliefs more than any other.

Dont care what someone does with their body or who thwy marry.

dont care if people want to get high or use roids.

do expect people to carry their weight and be responsible for their choices, and I dont expect people with more to give to people withess nust because.

Dont expect the goverment to take care of those who wont help themselves.

do expect for people to earn their way and not try and force others to subsidize their lifestyle.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
I tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I wind up identifying with libertarian beliefs more than any other.

Dont care what someone does with their body or who thwy marry.

dont care if people want to get high or use roids.

do expect people to carry their weight and be responsible for their choices, and I dont expect people with more to give to people withess nust because.

Dont expect the goverment to take care of those who wont help themselves.

do expect for people to earn their way and not try and force others to subsidize their lifestyle.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Same as pretty much every conservative I know. Even most here. So tell me, why are the Libertarians, or people like them, so fucking voiceless?

POB

• Getbig IV
All the fucking way  8)

Honestly, I don't consider myself "right" wing. I guess the closest would be Libertarian

Pro Gay Marriage
Pro racial equality
Pro Whatever the fuck you want to do with your own body
Anti drug control
Pro gun but pro gun control as well.
Pro Fiscal responsibility
Anti big Government
Pro border and illegal immigration control
Pro home schooling and education reform (get the gov'ment out of it)

You live in Palo Alto that means there's nothing right wing about you ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Same as pretty much every conservative I know. Even most here. So tell me, why are the Libertarians, or people like them, so fucking voiceless?
were not. The republicans silence anyone that doesnt tow the line when it comes to putting out candidates. I don't even vote because I cant stand any of the republican candidates.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
to vote democrat is to say I ama pussy!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
were not. The republicans silence anyone that doesnt tow the line when it comes to putting out candidates. I don't even vote because I cant stand any of the republican candidates.

But it seems like you're agreeing with me, no? What alternative is there to the R crap candidates? Certainly no one the Libertarians offer up.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Mind if I steal this, aj?

Sure, I swiped it from the Libertarians, and I am sure they don't mind it getting out there.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG

At this point, I don't think that there is a true right/left schism in politics. Once elected, all politicians do basically the same thing, with slight variations to potentially placate a pliant constituency. Instead of democrat/republican, the real separation is corporatist-statist on one side and individualist on the other. The corporatist-statist may seem almost like an oxymoron until you realize that we haven't been experiencing a true capitalist economy for decades or more. Large corporations and corrupt politicians have created a self-feeding beast, and ordinary folk that just want to "tend to their fields" are increasingly being trammeled upon.

But, as a wise man once said: if something cannot go on forever, it won't.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Similar to me...socially tolerant, fiscally conservative/responsible so a blend of all but more libertarian I suppose.

If you lean libertarian, the current big government democratic party is opposite of your core beliefs.  However faulty the republican party is, it is closer with the limited government philosophy.  The republican part has many different branches.  There are more fiscal conservatives and libertarians then there used to be.  I think the party is slowly changing too, definitely less influence of the religious right.  The democratic party is changing too, more feminists, redistribution and big government liberals, white guilt advocates and less strong working people who were fighting to keep what they earned and fair workers rights (like my grandparents, who were democrats but wouldn't be in the party today because it is dominated by people like President Obama, Jessie Jackson and Nancy Pelosi).

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
And to put it into bodybuilding terms....planet fitness is an example of how liberalism affects gyms.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
And to put it into bodybuilding terms....planet fitness is an example of how liberalism affects gyms.
hahahah so fuking true

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
All the fucking way  8)

Honestly, I don't consider myself "right" wing. I guess the closest would be Libertarian

Pro Gay Marriage
Pro racial equality
Pro Whatever the fuck you want to do with your own body
Anti drug control
Pro gun but pro gun control as well.
Pro Fiscal responsibility
Anti big Government
Pro border and illegal immigration control
Pro home schooling and education reform (get the gov'ment out of it)

Pretty much bang on my beliefs. I definitely lean toward the fiscal conservative side i think this comes natural not so much with strength but added wealth. I'd like to add another big one

Pro keeping religion and politics separate

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

Pro keeping religion and politics separate

This is another important one to me.
A

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
This is another important one to me.

It really bothers me. In reality this is the foundation to the way most politicians make decisions.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I`d say its more like Republicans- Lots of rules, in authoritarian manner, telling you what you can and can`t do with and to your body.  Much more Conservative than anything.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Also, Planet Fitness is more Republican and Conservative natured in that not only do they limit the behavior in their gym (toning it all down), they are a private establishment that does not want to cater to everyone but a select few (who they think should be patrons of their establishment).  They openly discriminate and do not try to hide it.  This is the total opposite of the acceptance and inclusiveness and fairness of liberalism.

Planet Fitness is a Conservatives Wet Dream in all actuality.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Also, Planet Fitness is more Republican and Conservative natured in that not only do they limit the behavior in their gym (toning it all down), they are a private establishment that does not want to cater to everyone but a select few (who they think should be patrons of their establishment).  They openly discriminate and do not try to hide it.  This is the total opposite of the acceptance and inclusiveness and fairness of liberalism.

Planet Fitness is a Conservatives Wet Dream in all actuality.

It's a corporation that found a neat way to make money: appeal to people that like to pay gym fees, but never actually go to the gym. It's not really a metaphor for political parties, despite our internal desire to equate everything stupid and abhorrent in our lives as associated with the "other" political philosophy. It's sophomoric to do so.

It reminds me that most people have an internal metronome that always says, "Stuff I like is Constitutional, stuff I don't like is unconstitutional" and will stick to those guns despite the absurdity and hypocrisy of those opinions.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Then you have Planet Fitness donating money solely to Republican Candidates.

Republican Gov. Candidate Kevin Smith Sees Big Benefit From Campaign Finance Loophole

http://stateimpact.npr.org/new-hampshire/2012/08/27/gov-candidate-kevin-smith-sees-big-benefit-from-campaign-finance-loophole/

Another $55,000 in donations came from two addresses —one in Newington, N.H., the other in Yonkers, N.Y. — that serve as headquarters for Planet Fitness health clubs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
It's a corporation that found a neat way to make money: appeal to people that like to pay gym fees, but never actually go to the gym. It's not really a metaphor for political parties, despite our internal desire to equate everything stupid and abhorrent in our lives as associated with the "other" political philosophy. It's sophomoric to do so.

It reminds me that most people have an internal metronome that always says, "Stuff I like is Constitutional, stuff I don't like is unconstitutional" and will stick to those guns despite the absurdity and hypocrisy of those opinions.
Planet Fitness is a highly Conservative gym, run on Conservative principles who donate a lot of money to Republican candidates.  You are just going to have to deal with that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I`d say its more like Republicans- Lots of rules, in authoritarian manner, telling you what you can and can`t do with and to your body.  Much more Conservative than anything.
both parties are pretty much the same now adam, dems are all about restricting rights and free speech because it may 'hurt someones feelings' or it 'may be dangerous'.

republicans are all about telling everyone what to do because of their religious beliefs and desire to enforce those beliefs and lifestyles on others.

both parties do the same thing now. Just different excuses as to why they do it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
hahah true anus trolling hard in this thread

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
both parties are pretty much the same now adam, dems are all about restricting rights and free speech because it may 'hurt someones feelings' or it 'may be dangerous'.

republicans are all about telling everyone what to do because of their religious beliefs and desire to enforce those beliefs and lifestyles on others.

both parties do the same thing now. Just different excuses as to why they do it.
The Democrats have moved to the right and the right has moved to the loony bin.