Author Topic: "The Calorie Myth" What is TA going to do now?  (Read 6868 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: "The Calorie Myth" What is TA going to do now?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2014, 09:17:35 AM »
So a cupcake and a chicken breast aren't the same?  Thanks for the clarification. 
Nope, but both can be part of a complete diet.

dustin

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
I think people take the bodybuilding dogma too seriously.

When I first started lifting and was a swole natural beast, I used to bake two trays of chicken breasts while I fired up some steaks, stemmed broccoli and cooked a disgusting pot of brown rice. Ate every 2.5-3 hours and kept emergency tuna cans nearby just in case (as well as packets of oatmeal). No one ate cleaner than me and I felt like shit and only looked decent.

Juiced for a couple years still eating strict as hell and looked a lot better. But I never peaked until I threw my "diet" entirely out the window. I know how much protein I need, I know how many carbs I need and I know what kind of fats I need so I just try shooting for those. That's it. And in between, I eat anything else I want. It takes a lot of shitty eating before it accumulates and turns into fat. One cheat means nothing. It's consecutive poor eating that does something, so people, especially bodybuilders forget how much of a buffer they have.

I was on a super low protein diet for the last year and a bit. Before my stepdad's cancer started spreading like crazy I thought I was going to donate my kidney to him so I really watched my diet for that purpose alone. I didn't lose any muscle either. I realized we need a shitload less protein too. So all these fucking myths about a trillion grams of protein and clean diets are just that - myths. I don't eat like a bodybuilder at all, instead I eat normally but cook up some extra eggs, eat a slightly larger portion of meat at dinner or maybe drink a protein shake with fruit and healthy fats. These supplement my regular person diet. Because all a bodybuilder needs is a bit more protein over what regular people eat. You can only synthesize milligrams and grams of muscle tissue, so eating points of food is way too much even on copious amounts of gear. We're still just talking about milligrams and grams...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
I never understood how these threads end up being a hundred pages long with death threats.

A calorie is a calorie. But when it comes to body composition, you need to mind those calories ever so slightly. You don't need to watch every macro or go on any insane "diets", you just need to eat in alignment with what you've done that day, what you plan on doing and what your goals are. Just a tiny little adjustment here and there.

Virtually no brain power is required. Look at a plate with some meat, carbs, veg and you should be able to eye out what's appropriate. And as for "junk food", the leaner you are or the more active you are the more liberal you can be. I eat junk food at least twice per day and site very comfortably under 10% body fat. Haven't been "fatter" than that in years. When I diet, I just eat candy once per day, sometimes more actually...

People also underestimate stress and body composition. The more stressed you are, the more you'll look like shit. I see fat whales at work eating company cake on a special occasion and you can see them almost balloon. I'll go eat 10 pieces and feel happy as a clam, veins sticking out everywhere and shoulders popping. Never stress over food. If it's "bad food" chalk it up to an investment in your happiness.
Another post like this one pal,and I`ll fucking kill ya` !!  :D

in on being the guy making the first death threat of the thread

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »
So a cupcake and a chicken breast aren't the same?  Thanks for the clarification.  
That shit was truly enlightening to me also.

Now I have to re-think my eating plan. :(

EDIT:

I eat fairly clean wit a smattering if junk or sweets here and there,and I`m still in good shape.

Some days I overindulge calorie wise,some not.

Watch the mirror......it`s the best way to see what`s going on with your physique....if too fat,adjust diet accordingly.

Not rocket science.

dustin

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2014, 09:39:47 AM »
Another post like this one pal,and I`ll fucking kill ya` !!  :D

in on being the guy making the first death threat of the thread

HOLD ME BACK, VISSY!!!!!!!! ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »
HOLD ME BACK, VISSY!!!!!!!! ;D
LOL  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »
getbig
has won back
its useless
decrepit old
hag juicers
wonderful

your poems are quite retarded.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2014, 08:08:55 PM »
Go back to 2006 or however far back the search engine goes.  I always maintained a calorie is a calorie, but a macronutrient is not a macronutrient.  Go ahead, search that exact phrase and watch my name and quotes pop up ad nauseam.  

If anything, it seems you need to learn to pay better attention.

Here is a random one I picked from 2007 by me:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=134504.msg1909516#msg1909516

OK, maybe I've misinterpreted what you have been saying all these years, and I simply want an honest debate and don't mean anything personal, but my understand that the bottom line was caloric intake and caloric expenditure independent of where those calories come from. Now I never questioned your macro distinction. Of course protein, carbohydrates and fats play a different role in the body. But in regards to weight loss I believe you said it didn't matter (as long as protein intake was sufficient if you were intent of building muscle). Even when I pointed out that there was a higher metabolic cost to processing protein than carbs you regarded that as trivial. But regardless the bottom line was always about calories in and calories out. That it didn't matter if the calories came from sugar cubes or from oatmeal, as long as the calories were the same, it would have the same effect on the body in regard to weight gain or weigh loss depending on the intake and energy expenditure.

Now tell me where I have misinterpreted what you have been preaching for years?

And, of course, as always, give my regards to the lovely Jezebelle. The passing years, and willful neglect on her part, has not diminished my devotion.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
I do IIFYM for contest prep.

last diet I did was 8 weeks of 180-200g protein per day, 500-600g per day(except 2 days at 200g carbs the final week), 50-80g fat per day

ate frozen yogurt, cereal, oats, bananas, juice, candy, whey protein, white rice, lean ground beef as my main foods. prior years ive done lower carb, higher protein, eating fish etc... IIFYM is better.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »
your poems are quite retarded.

they arent
poems retard