Author Topic: GETBIG is as DUMB AS THE REST OF AMERICA.  (Read 34359 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: GETBIG is as DUMB AS THE REST OF AMERICA.
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2007, 12:33:30 AM »
The Famous Cut & Paste by Apenis.  Never anything original always copied.  Hey Apenis that should be your tagline

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2007, 05:18:02 AM »
"I've got to get more sleep than I did last night," said Phelps, who found an Athens routine that works. "The thing I'm having in the dining hall twice a day is pizza and pasta, and that's all I've been eating. After the meet is done, it's all-you-can-eat at McDonald's."

"God hates fags," replied Fred.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2007, 06:56:33 AM »
good article sucky last name

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »
By HOWARD COHEN hcohen@herald.com

Two weeks ago Michael Phelps, arguably the world's top swimmer, had his eyes on one thing: winning gold at the Olympic Games in Athens.

After winning his sixth and becoming this Olympics' shining star he eagerly refocused his attention on another cause: eating a Big Mac or two with french fries.

Finally, some good news for the embattled carb.

Many trainers recommend voluminous quantities of food and carbohydrate-rich offerings like pancakes, pasta and potatoes for the super athlete.

For endurance athletes, the generally accepted daily 2,000 calorie diet and carb-free lifestyle is akin to putting in a quarter tank of gas when you need to drive from Fort Lauderdale to Gainesville. It ain't gonna cut it.

Try 6,000 calories a day. Or more. That would define Phelps' diet, which on any given day finds the 6-foot-4, 195-pound jock chowing down on french toast, pancakes, cereal, omelets, steak, mashed potatoes, Caesar salad, ice cream and energy bars.

But that's Phelps. While the average gymgoer or weekend athlete may burn about 200 to 700 calories an hour doing something like running, taking a Tae Bo class or spinning, Phelps burns at least 3,000 calories a day swimming up to seven miles in five hours -- every day. That's what helped place him atop the winner's podium in Athens.

As a competitive swimmer from grade school through college, I can relate. Eating like that served me well. For awhile. But when I stopped competing, I discovered that, like most people, 2,000 calories is about the maximum to avoid packing on pounds.

''The key is top-conditioned athletes,'' says sports trainer Brian Glaspy, coordinator of the Wellness Program at the University of Miami. ''When you are putting out that much more energy expenditure, the body needs to take in more calories for recovery and repair,'' Glaspy says. Otherwise, one loses muscle mass. Carbs also help ward off dehydration in long workouts by retaining some of the body's water.

Focusing on proteins and fats a la Atkins also will not likely put an athlete on the gold medal platform. Says Glaspy, ``After high energy exercise activity the body has two hours to put carbs back in to the system to restore glycogen in the liver and then in the muscle itself because so much of it was burned off during the process to create explosiveness.''

Adonis, which part of this artical would you like me own you on, the part where he says he burns more than 3000Kcals per day, or the part where it's obviously macro controlled with high carbs.......see, what you fail to realize is that he can afford to eat high carbs with moderate to low fat, the average person or bodybuilder cannot, if you recall in one of my posts, I said that the majority of my athletes have a higher percentage of carbs in their diets simply because they are athletes and work much harder than the average person, they are on calorie controlled diets, but for the most part, it's a clean diet, I also give them a food exchange list, even though I do not advocate junk food, they do have that choice but only to a limit, if I see them looking sluggish during training, I know where to look and it's usually the consumption of too much simple sugar, so I restrict them with the food exchange and they come back in as a whole new productive athlete.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2007, 08:12:46 AM »
"I've got to get more sleep than I did last night," said Phelps, who found an Athens routine that works. "The thing I'm having in the dining hall twice a day is pizza and pasta, and that's all I've been eating. After the meet is done, it's all-you-can-eat at McDonald's."

All smart athletes carb load before events w/ pasta, rice, potato's etc. Pizza would not be considered an intelligent choice, although, it is a carb source as well. I'd advise the avoidance of dairy products, due to it's high mucus producing effect.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2007, 01:00:10 PM »
All smart athletes carb load before events w/ pasta, rice, potato's etc. Pizza would not be considered an intelligent choice, although, it is a carb source as well. I'd advise the avoidance of dairy products, due to it's high mucus producing effect.

Exactly.  Apenis thinks he knows more than anyone.  He thinks he knows more than elite athletes.  Their is a reason why before marathons and triathons the have a carb party. The one here in Honolulu is awesome.  The night before the race their is a huge carb party and about 30,000 people are eating all the spaghetti, pasta and veggies they can eat.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2007, 01:10:32 PM »
Exactly.  Apenis thinks he knows more than anyone.  He thinks he knows more than elite athletes.  Their is a reason why before marathons and triathons the have a carb party. The one here in Honolulu is awesome.  The night before the race their is a huge carb party and about 30,000 people are eating all the spaghetti, pasta and veggies they can eat.
I bet they run in fear when they see you waddling to the picnic tables.  They probably even try to secretly cancel the Carb-Party because they know your fat ass has it highlighted on your calendar.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »
I'm not gonna read the article but I kinda thought this was a BB site not a swimming site.  Is this gonna become a cut n paste for every article ever written that says someone ate mcdonalds or pizza?

just shut the fuck up already.
nasser=piece of shit

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »
hahahahaha

natural al and onlyme cant stay away from an adonis post and cant post anything that means anything to the current topic. he owns your mind.

layne norton says, essentially a calorie is a calorie, and nobody says much.
adonis says, essentially a calorie is a calorie, and all the fat guys start screaming hes an idiot.

they dont want to learn adam. people like to make things difficult.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:13 PM »
hahahahaha

natural al and onlyme cant stay away from an adonis post and cant post anything that means anything to the current topic. he owns your mind.

layne norton says, essentially a calorie is a calorie, and nobody says much.
adonis says, essentially a calorie is a calorie, and all the fat guys start screaming hes an idiot.

they dont want to learn adam. people like to make things difficult.

::) ::) ::) nice try TA, never said anything of the sort, I've always said I think you're a smart guy...problem is you're an asshole.  2 different things.
nasser=piece of shit

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
hahahaha, now im a TA gimmick too.

oh brother.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »

i think sometimes Ta make sense, but to say its his principle, i don't agree! it's been around for awhile.
sometimes it doesn't make sense, like mc do, or cheat food only...

if TA had approched us differently, things would have been different. but with all the bullshit and claims and no proof to back it up, what do you expect?
are you delusional?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »
hahahaha, now im a TA gimmick too.

oh brother.

when in doubt you're gonna be a gimmick as far as I'm concerned.  If your not you don't know jack about me, I've never said TA was right or wrong with his nutritional views, I dont' agree with the degree he pushes it but that's about it.

I've never read a thing Layne Norton has written about eating so for you to say I reacted differently than I did when TA said it is wrong.

is a calorie a calorie?  I've read numerous things for both sides, I think TA over simplifies it and posts things that are very one sided.  That's all I've ever said.
nasser=piece of shit

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2007, 02:06:23 PM »
when in doubt you're gonna be a gimmick as far as I'm concerned.  If your not you don't know jack about me, I've never said TA was right or wrong with his nutritional views, I dont' agree with the degree he pushes it but that's about it.

I've never read a thing Layne Norton has written about eating so for you to say I reacted differently than I did when TA said it is wrong.

is a calorie a calorie?  I've read numerous things for both sides, I think TA over simplifies it and posts things that are very one sided.  That's all I've ever said.

i know you chase adonis around and post in just about every thread that he has posted in, most often to criticize him whether it has to do with the topic or not.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2007, 02:06:27 PM »
A calorie is a calorie only if you've assumed it has been already absorbed across the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream in the same metabolic environment.

If you are looking at the caloric content of food before you eat it, a calorie does NOT necessarily equal a calorie in vivo.

You may have neglected to consider the timing of food, amount of food per serving, diurnal variation in hormonal environment, bioavailability, insulin response, permeability of intestinal villi to said factors, and the resultant effect of a "calorie" in different serum hormone (esp. insulin & cortisol) levels.

Layne & True Adonis are correct in that the total caloric intake is probably the most important consideration when losing weight, but there are many other factors to consider.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2007, 02:15:50 PM »
A calorie is a calorie only if you've assumed it has been already absorbed across the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream in the same metabolic environment.

If you are looking at the caloric content of food before you eat it, a calorie does NOT necessarily equal a calorie in vivo.

You may have neglected to consider the timing of food, amount of food per serving, diurnal variation in hormonal environment, bioavailability, insulin response, permeability of intestinal villi to said factors, and the resultant effect of a "calorie" in different serum hormone (esp. insulin & cortisol) levels.

Layne & True Adonis are correct in that the total caloric intake is probably the most important consideration when losing weight, but there are many other factors to consider.

At least you sound like you know something.  The last sentence is something that EVERYONE knows.  Apenis makes it sound like he invented it.  He does nothing original.  He plays on what others have already said for years.  I just told my 9 year old what Apenis is saying about calories and weight gain or loss and she said Duh.  Even she knows this.  Apenis does nothing knew.  He never even went to college and he said he did

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »
I will PM you with my info.  I don`t need these unintelligent ingrates to have anything.

Thanks, sicko. I knew you cared.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »
At least you sound like you know something.  The last sentence is something that EVERYONE knows.  Apenis makes it sound like he invented it.  He does nothing original.  He plays on what others have already said for years.  I just told my 9 year old what Apenis is saying about calories and weight gain or loss and she said Duh.  Even she knows this.  Apenis does nothing knew.  He never even went to college and he said he did
How come you haven`t grapsed the concept your whole life?  There is no reason to be close to 400 lbs of fat.  That certainly didn`t happen overnight.  Even if bed-ridden, you could simply reduce your calories to adjust for lack of activity.

Why are you fat? Not just a little fat.  But Morbidly obese?

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »

Adonis is clueless.......period.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2007, 03:30:10 PM »
i think sometimes Ta make sense, but to say its his principle, i don't agree! it's been around for awhile.
sometimes it doesn't make sense, like mc do, or cheat food only...

if TA had approched us differently, things would have been different. but with all the bullshit and claims and no proof to back it up, what do you expect?

the funny thing is there are no 'adonis principles'. he might as well claim that he invented weightlifting (although he did claim to have invented the deadlift recently). all there is to the "adonis principles" is claiming that a calorie is a calorie and that's the end of the discussion. that's such an old rule to try and lay claim to it is retarded.

and if you pay close attention, it's obvious he's just bullshitting his way along. he flubs the math, provides incongruous claims concerning his diet, and implicitly admits that they're all BS by saying he personally eats salads and fruit all the time.

it'd be like me saying i have the "magoo principles" for weightlifting. no schedule, no set training times or sets, you work whatever body part you feel needs worked for as long as you feel it needs worked whenever you feel it needs worked. as for me, it just so happens that i feel like my muscles need worked twice a week for an hour at a time, four days a week total. you know, like a standard powerlifter split, but it's the magoo principles!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2007, 03:31:19 PM »
the funny thing is there are no 'adonis principles'. he might as well claim that he invented weightlifting (although he did claim to have invented the deadlift recently). all there is to the "adonis principles" is claiming that a calorie is a calorie and that's the end of the discussion. that's such an old rule to try and lay claim to it is retarded.

and if you pay close attention, it's obvious he's just bullshitting his way along. he flubs the math, provides incongruous claims concerning his diet, and implicitly admits that they're all BS by saying he personally eats salads and fruit all the time.

it'd be like me saying i have the "magoo principles" for weightlifting. no schedule, no set training times or sets, you work whatever body part you feel needs worked for as long as you feel it needs worked whenever you feel it needs worked. as for me, it just so happens that i feel like my muscles need worked twice a week for an hour at a time, four days a week total. you know, like a standard powerlifter split, but it's the magoo principles!!!!
You are just mad that Layne owned you, and put you back in place on the MD board when you asked your question.

I told you.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
You are just mad that Layne owned you, and put you back in place on the MD board when you asked your question.

I told you.

no, all layne said was that caloric surplus leads to gain, deficit leads to loss. as bodyfx2 clarified...

"I think you are misinterpreting Layne a bit. While he feels that the most important factor regarding weight gain, loss, or maintenance is actual calorie #, he does not at all dismiss the fact that different foods/macro ratios will indeed affect the body in a unique manner."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »
no, all layne said was that caloric surplus leads to gain, deficit leads to loss. as bodyfx2 clarified...

"I think you are misinterpreting Layne a bit. While he feels that the most important factor regarding weight gain, loss, or maintenance is actual calorie #, he does not at all dismiss the fact that different foods/macro ratios will indeed affect the body in a unique manner."
Why don`t you post what Layne wrote.  Haven`t I always said the same thing. Caloric amount is THE most important thing. Eat what you want. You get adequate nutrients with a common, everyday diet and that you would have to PURPOSELY GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to not meet these nutritional needs.

And that a Calorie will always be a calorie, but a Macronutrient is not a Macronutrient?

I have said this time and time again.  Your comprehension skills suck, because you speak of eating jars of mayonaisse.  You are an idiot.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2007, 03:41:30 PM »
Why don`t you post what Layne wrote.  Haven`t I always said the same thing. Caloric amount is THE most important thing. Eat what you want. You get adequate nutrients with a common, everyday diet and that you would have to PURPOSELY GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to not meet these nutritional needs.

And that a Calorie will always be a calorie, but a Macronutrient is not a Macronutrient?

I have said this time and time again.  Your comprehension skills suck, because you speak of eating jars of mayonaisse.  You are an idiot.

what is a common, everyday diet? explain that, meal by meal. tell me what a common everyday diet is. really, i'm curious. layne's first post was that caloric intake is the baseline standard of weight loss or gain, but then he followed it up with this:

"our lab as well as others at our university have shown that different macro compositions affect insulin/glucagon ratios, kinase activity, and expression of many genes. So yes it does indeed matter"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2007, 03:45:59 PM »
what is a common, everyday diet? explain that, meal by meal. tell me what a common everyday diet is. really, i'm curious. layne's first post was that caloric intake is the baseline standard of weight loss or gain, but then he followed it up with this:

"our lab as well as others at our university have shown that different macro compositions affect insulin/glucagon ratios, kinase activity, and expression of many genes. So yes it does indeed matter"
Why don`t you post Everything Layne said?

Also, how do you feel when he told you that there is no such thing as a good or bad food, and no such thing as a clean or dirty food?

Here is what I ate Yesterday.  This would be a normal diet.
All Nutrition requirements are met with ZERO overeating. 
Here is what I ate yesterday:

1. Honey Dijon Potato Chips
2. Cheese-Cranberry Goat
3.Triple Chocolate Nestle Drumstick
4. Sprout and Spinach Salad with sweet onions, Roasted Red Pepper Sauce in Raspberry Vinnagrette
5. Havarti Cheese
6. 3 glasses of wine
7. 1 Piece of Pepperoni Pizza
8. 2 Pieces of Garlic Cheese Bread
9. 1 Glass of Milk
10. 2 Asian Pears
11. Tropical Cookies